Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 02-04-2008, 12:22 PM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Wink Weekly Chat - February 4th - 10th

Good Afternoon Ladies

I just wanted to pop in and say hello...work is insane as usual.

Our Giants won !!! whoot

SASSY !!!! my eating plan (not gonna say diet) starts today, calorie counting if you will watcha planning?

Have a great day
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 02:49 PM   #2  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

Yello!

I hit a pretty big milestone today - I'm in the 100s now girls!!!!!! Sorry to brag, I am just really proud, and wanted to share with y'all 'cause your support has been a bit part of my work. Thanks for being there!

Leenie - good for you! Let me know how the counting goes. You will rock it, I'm sure!

Have a great week everyone!

Amarie
Amarie2pt0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 05:31 PM   #3  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

I said it in your other thread, but it bears saying it here too: Welcome To ONEderland, Amarie!!
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 06:07 PM   #4  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

OK... I hit something and my whole post disappeared! As I was saying:

Amarie: Way to go girl! That's a big milestone! Thanks for sharing your journey with us and inspiring us!

Heather: That is so awesome that you got the lead! I wish we could all come and see you. Wouldn't that be fun ladies?

Leenie: I'm so proud of you for starting your healthy food plan today. Starting to do anything healthy when you've been doing the opposite takes a miracle in my book. It's been about 3 weeks for me that I've been eating sensibly and as you know, it had been well over a year that I had been eating out of control. I calorie count too and/or do WW, which is about the same thing.

Sassy: So glad you're back. Howz the back today?

The Super Bowl party was a hit last night. Everybody had a good time and loved the food. Since I controlled the menu we had: lean beef and turkey chili, lean beef and turkey meatballs, lots of fruit and veggies, baked chips and salsa, a spinach/artichope dip (one of the fattening choices), grilled chicken strips (buffalo style, bbq, teriyaki, and sesame-ginger) instead of wings, and a chocolate fondue.

I ate a little chocolate but did very well. What would life be without chocolate anyway? I don't intend to find out!

To everybody else!

Last edited by hope4me; 02-04-2008 at 06:08 PM.
hope4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 07:59 PM   #5  

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone!

Congratulations Amarie!!! Way to go!! That a wonderful milestone to pass.

And Congratulations on getting the lead Heather!

Hope congrats on your successful super bowl party! That menu sounds wonderful!

Leenie, Sassy and Cathy take it easy and don't work to hard!

A big hello to everyone else!

Nothing new in my zoo here. More snow today, I am so done with winter. Hubby finally got work today so that is a huge load off my mind. Other than that just trying to do some of the cleaning I've been neglecting.

Take care everyone!
K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 09:26 PM   #6  
Heather 2.0

Hey guys, thanks (A lead, not THE lead ) - and you can totally all come see the show, but only if you bring food as good as Hope's party sounded!!!

Buddly - that's great news about hubby - what a relief!!

Last edited by HeatherAngel; 02-04-2008 at 09:26 PM.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:01 AM   #7  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hey all........

Hope you all are doing well. It is still 60 degrees here!! I have the windows open!!! Freaking amazing!!!! I didn't go to work tonight (obviously) my back was still a bit sore so I decided to stay home. I will have to go back tomorrow night though, if I wanna get paid that is. lol. (outta personal time)

My mom called, she is getting scr**ed by her job right now, sorry don't know how else to say it than that. They are forcing her to take a class to get her CNA (Certified Nurses Aid) license and she does not want to be a CNA. She was one for about 23 yrs or so and that was long enough. Now she is a resident assistant, they help with housekeeping and passing out feeding trays, etc. Well if she quits, they are going to make her owe $1200!! She unfortunately signed some papers so who knows what she agreed too. So she won't be moving up here this summer, she said maybe next year or so, but I'm not counting on it. I'm not mad at her for it, its her life, not mine, I'm just upset that she didn't have someone look over those papers before she signed them, now she is stuck there. But I guess as they say, "live and learn".

I wish I had the $$ I would just pay the a$$holes and move her up here, but unfortunately we don't have that kind of money. I am thinking about possibly getting a (gulp) 2nd job. Maybe I could find one to do from home and then if I do it on my nights off, then maybe I can see if down the road maybe I could do it full time and leave my crappy a$$ job!!! Plus earn some extra $$ maybe I can send to my mom to help her with some bills she has.

I dunno I just hate that she is stuck there, you know? I know what its like to be stuck somewhere and its no fun. So I may see what I can do to help her out, at least maybe help her pay off some of her bills so she can at least not have to worry about that.

Well I guess I have rambled on long enough, sorry.........just really concerned about my mom. I want her to be here, so its easier on her and I hate to here that she has it harder.

Leenie -- I just plan on eating healthier and smaller portions and trying to exercise as much as I can. We can do it!!!!

Big
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 09:30 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning gang

Amarie - CONGRATS on hitting ONEderland! YOU GO GIRL!

Heather - congrats on getting a lead part! that is awesome!

Hope - glad the superbowl party was a success! the game was AWESOME! GO GIANTS! I don't think we are suppose to live without chocolate either

Buddly - it must be really cold over there. how much more winter well you have? i hope not much more since you're already "done with it" try to stay warm girlie!

Leenie- I feel you pain - work is insane here too - not much time to play on the computer like I would like how did you do with your eating plan yesterday? GO GIANTS

Sassy - sorry about the problems with your mom. I hope everything works out

Well gang, it's Mardi Gras down here in Louisiana today and most places are closed but not us. I work for a General Contractor and the guys are busy trying to temporarily fence off some businesses that we work for, to keep them "crazy cajuns" from tearing up the places. I don't care for Mardi Gras but I sure would love to be home with my family today. oh well I'm here now and gonna try to get some paperwork done.

Hope everybody has a blessed day!
hugs,
Cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 11:25 AM   #9  
Just keep moving ...

Ah you guys... Thanks!

I took the dogs for a walk again this morning - for some reason they decided to get me up at 6am so I made use of the time - heck I even made it to work on time! I did cut the walk short by a block, though - too much traffic in the am.

Sassy - I'm so sorry about your stress with your mom. Its really tough to want so much to help someone and not be able to I hope something good comes about to resolve it.

Cathy - haha!!! you've got front-row seats to crazytown today Up here in the frozen north we have transplanted Cajuns who are trying to get us boring yankees in the spirit by stuffing us full of food. If you could just see the junk thats in our breakroom! Have a great, chaos free day if you can.

Heather - I have been meaning to ask - is your play a comedy, musical, or drama? I'm so excited for you!

Hope - chocolate fondue Yummmmmmm. Your party sounds like a total hit. Way to go on creating such yummy healthy goodies.

Buddly - I hope the cleaning went well....I'm still neglecting mine. I'm thinking about starting a "save the dust bunnies" campaign!

Otay all, gotta go... have a beautiful day!!!!!
Old 02-05-2008, 12:50 PM   #10  
Starting Again

Good morning!

Hubby 2b is on a bike ride today and won't be back till about 6pm. When I don't have lunch with him I like to eat something interesting that he doesn't like. I just don't know what that will be yet.

Sassy: I hear you on the mom issue. I wish I had a lot of $$ and could change parts of my mom's life. She is also in a job she doesn't like and is often scared they will ship most of the work over-seas and the plant will close. There are very few jobs in the area. I would love for her to come and live here. That is very noble of you to want to take on a 2nd job to help her out. She is lucky to have you. Feel free to vent all you like about the situation.

Amarie: We may be getting a bulldog puppy in April and I'll be doing some walking after that. Way to go on the exercise. By the way, what are you studying in school?

Cathy: Two of my fiance's brothers are down there this week. If the rest of the crowd is anything like them, I feel sorry for you! Too bad you're not off today.

I'm going to WW at 4pm today and have pool tonight.

A special dose of for Leenie and Sassy and heck, for the rest of use too!
Old 02-05-2008, 09:36 PM   #11  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hey all,

Typing in Gray because its all gloomy and rainy here........ This would be an awesome day to just stay in bed and watch movies or read a book ........*sigh* lol

Well I'm back to work....... I'm excited if you can tell........lol

Thank you very much for your support with my mom and her job.

We stopped by my in-laws before I came to work, my fil is down in the dumps again, since he received the bad news about his leg (he tore off a ligament and they cannot fix it surgically) so he is on bed rest and is just down. DH went in and talked to him a bit and is going to stop in next week while I am at work.

Our boss wants us to fill out a "Career Development" questionaire, about our goals and where we want to go, etc. What the he@! am I supposed to put down for that? "I hate it here and as soon I find another job I'm outta here?" lol. I don't want to stay here if I can help it. I don't want to be a supervisor or manager, I want the heck out of here! So what am I supposed to put down?? Any creative ideas here? lol.

Thank You all,

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 01:17 AM   #12  
Starting Again

Hey all,

Sassy, I guess you'll just have to BS your way through it till you get another job. I remember right before I quit my job last year I had one of those situations and at that point I just couldn't muster up any more crap to tell my manager. It didn't go well to say the least.

WW meeting went well. I was down another 2 lbs. Yay!

Just wanted to stop in before I went to bed. Catch y'all tomorrow, or today, whatever!
Old 02-06-2008, 10:00 AM   #13  
Heather 2.0

Morning chicks!

Hope - way to go - bet that 2lbs feels great!
Sassy - we all hate that kind of bureaucratic crap, but you have to play nice to stay in the game.
Amarie - bet those dogs are happy pups! It's a musical, by the way
Cathy - bet you're glad Fat Tuesday's all done... or as good as...
Buddly, Leenie - where you hiding, chickies?

I'm doing okay here - some days are a bit of a struggle right now - I'm sure it's probably just the time of year. I struggle a LOT in the evenings with wanting to eat sugary stuff, but I am trying very hard to remind myself that whatever 'hole' I think needs filled, almost certainly does NOT need food! So far so good... one day at a time. Not much planned here - got a snow dump overnight, so might try to get some skiing in tonight

Have a great Wednesday!!

Heather
Old 02-06-2008, 11:44 AM   #14  
Just keep moving ...

Morning!!!!

Heather - A musical, so cool I love theatre, especially musicals. I did my undergraduate in drama and music (!) (shhhh... don't tell). I am soooo excited for you (like, for the 5th day in a row, I know). Yes, my pups are very happy. The little cocker is giving me eyes like she thinks I'm overdoing it, but the moment the leash comes out she can hardly contain herself!

Hope - congrats on the WI You rock, girl! A bulldog puppy would be soooo cute, and I bet he'd love walks! You'll have to keep us updated Oh, and I am studying calculus. Fun Fun Fun. Derivatives and Intervals and Riemann Sums Oh My!

Sassy - Oh, dear. Um, I'm with Hope on this one. You are going to have to BS your way through this. I've actually got a couple successful strategies you might try. First, think about a coworker who might be described as a managers pet - then figure out exactly what it is that the manager likes about that person (eg efficiency, personality, yadayada) and frame your answer as though you want to develop those traits. Second, figure out your manager's goal right now (like he wants everyone to get along, or he wants people to increase efficiency, or improve customer satisfaction...) and frame your goals in such a way as to have the effect of actually helping to meet HIS goals. For example, if your manager is harping on efficiency you can say something like "I'd really like to focus in the short term on ways to increase my (insert some job function) efficiency and believe that improvement in this area will enhance my long-term effectiveness as an employee and in the longrun improve customer satisfaction." Or something like that. The big secret is that they don't actual care about your goals, they just want to see if you are in sync with THEIR goals. At least in my experience. Ok, good luck sweety!

OK, well in the interst of full disclosure - I have to fess up. I ate a bunch of food yesterday that I probably shouldn't have. My sister brought over leftovers from her work Mardi Gras party - fried everything. I've been feeling down about grad school applications, so I REALLY wanted to eat it. I settled on measuring and writing down everything I ate. In the end, I only went 500 cals over budget, so its not too bad; I can adjust for that over the next couple days, but I'm a little dissapointed that I let my emotions dictate my food choices. Normally I would plan ahead for things like that, but I had no idea that the fried stuff was coming. Logically I know that making bad choices does not make me a bad person, but I am having a hard time not judging myself.

Hi to Leenie and Cathy and Emmy and everyone else, too! Have a great day all!
Old 02-06-2008, 01:38 PM   #15  
Starting Again

Heather and Amarie: Why are some times more of a struggle than others?
Nobody knows. Why am I doing well with my eating now when for a year and a half I couldn't stop eating? If I had the answer I would be a millionaire. I'm just glad we can come here through the good and the bad and talk to people who get it.

Amarie: 500 calories over really isn't that much. You can easily counter that. It could have been so much worse.

Heather: I'm still jealous over the snow. It's supposed to be almost 80 degrees here today!

I'm just doing some laundry and dishes today. I need to take some stuff to the thrift store, we'll see if that happens. I actually just did a 20 minute workout. Not a lot I know, but it has probably been 2 years since I worked out last, so I feel good about it. I was sweating like I had run a marathon! Luckily, nobody was here to witness it!