Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 01-14-2008, 02:54 AM   #1  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Talking Weekly Chat - Jan. 14th - 20th

Weekly Chat - Jan. 14th - 20th

Okay I will start the new thread. I hope that is ok??

Just wanted to post and be honest and say that I am not doing well right now, just struggling, as I know we all have at one time or another, but I think this time its a good thing, as it has made me aware of things that I needed to be aware of.

So anyways, I just wanted to be honest.

I hope you all have a Wonderful Week!!!

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 09:22 AM   #2  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Morning!

Sassy - thanks for starting the thread! Of course it's fine - and we all struggle, indeed... and it's WONDERFUL to look at the positive in it - that you can identify where you need to spend some time on YOU.

Hope - way to go getting all those Xmas decorations down - that's great! And how nice that your FIL was pleased with the house - must make you feel good! Keep up the healthy eating - you know you'll feel awesome as a result!!

Okay folks - I have no news - you've all been marvelously supportive and I LOVE YOU ALL (even though it's the internet and all that, I cannot imagine being without you chicks!), and the whole 100lbs embarrasses me, but thank you all the same.

Today I am going to do a few little jobs I've been procrastinating - my quaker parrot needs to have his cage scrubbed, and then I'll try to get a run in... and then some errands. Nothing exciting. OH! We did get snow overnight, so this is good - can get back to the ski hill, maybe even tonight!

Have a wonderful Monday, all!!

Heather

Last edited by HeatherAngel; 01-14-2008 at 09:23 AM.
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 05:15 PM   #3  

Height: 5'6"

Hello everyone!

Just popping in to say Hi!
Nothing exciting planned. We are just waiting for the furnace guy. Thankfully its not very cold but boy has it been snowing and blowing! Heather I'd gladly send some snow your way if I could. We are suppose to go above freezing on Wed, that should make the roads interesting.
ddA is happy with all the walking she is doing at school is finally getting her numbers down. I'm staying the same, at least its not going up.
Sassy I hope you feel better soon

Well I should go and do something. ddA is baking cookies to heat up the kitchen, so at least it will smell nice when the guy gets here!

Take care everyone and have a wonderful week,
K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 11:42 PM   #4  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Cool Hi Chicks..

Hi Chicks!!!

Well I feel much better today. I guess I just had a blue weekend for some reason.

Anywho, trying to stay positive, even though yes I know at times that is hard to do, but I'm ok...........

Heather -- TY. I hope you got your little jobs completed. We got some snow lastnight too, not a lot, but some. Supposed to get more tonight.

Buddly -- TY. We just had our furnance fixed, the heat pump went out, luckily it went out while it was warm, so I hope yours got fixed!!!

Well that is about it for now, again I appreciate all the support!!! You Gals Rock!!!

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 12:19 AM   #5  

Height: 5'6"

Hey there,
Glad you are feeling a bit better Sassy. Yes we got the furnace fixed. The bill was a bit of a shocker, especially when the guy comes back with "I hope you have a strong heart" The part alone was $311. But it seems to be working now. Thankfully its not that cold, but it feels damp. Anyway its a nice clear night out there now. Just have to clear up the dinner dishes and then its off to bed to read.

Take care now,
K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 03:53 AM   #6  

Hello all, I did post in the last weekly thread and totally didn’t notice it ended on 13th! Now I know why I need my eyes tested…

Sassy – Hang on in there things will get better I am sure…

HeatherAngel – Wow such a good weight loss… no wonder you feel good for healthy eating. Although in just a few months I too feel a big difference since I changed my diet!

Buddly – Please send me some snow…
Moosegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 09:27 AM   #7  
Heather 2.0

Morning, chickies! Where's our Leenie this week?? And Hope?

No news here - have to finish the rest of the 'little jobbies' that I didn't complete yesterday - I am doing a jigsaw puzzle that my dad gave me for Christmas - I haven't done of these for YEARS! It's very addictive, and not very conducive to getting my butt moving!!

Have a great day - Buddly, rotten luck about the bill, but at least you're not freezing! Sassy - so glad to hear today is a better day! Raven - we've all done that - and you found your way here - that's what's important!

Heather
Old 01-15-2008, 09:56 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning gang

did anybody see Oprah yesterday, with Bob Greene and the best life challenge? it sure was inspiring to see people after they have lost so much weight! I mean I get to feeling down bec I weigh 190 and it seems overwhelming (or just too dang hard) for me to get another 10 or 20 lbs off. I have struggled with my weight all my life and I have a thyroid problem that seems to fight my metabolism every step of the way and it is just slow slow slow for me - even when I'm doing everything right - which isn't all the time like it should be. anyway, watching that show made me stop and realize that I'm not so bad - I don't have a whole person to lose - and it's not about a diet but a lifestyle. I know all of that but sometimes I just need a reminder ya know. I think that I'm just a little panicky as I get closer to going to Hawaii with my sis the first week of March. I was hoping to lose another 10 lbs before we leave and I know better than to set number goals like that for myself - the only goals I can really set are things like drinking my water, eating healthy, keeping my calories around 1200, and walking walking walking. Focusing on the number on my scale always set me up for failure, and that's not who I am

anywho.....I'm rambling

Hey Moosegirl - It's good to see ya again! how have you changed your diet? tell us what you're doing when you have time.

Hey Heather - it would be a little hard to run and work a jigsaw puzzle at the same time pieces would be flying everywhere. if you don't mind talking about it....why does the 100 lb loss embarrass you?

Hey Sassy - glad you were feeling better yesterday! and I hope it's even better today remind me - do you live in the cold where the weather might affect your mood and give you a blue weekend?

Hey Buddly - I'm so glad you got your furnace fixed. sorry the bill was so high. I can't staying below freezing for several days bec here in Louisiana that rarely happens that we stay below freezing. Usually by the afternoon it warms up. stay warm

Hey Leenie - where are ya girlie? busy at work huh? I can certainly relate.....hope all is well.

I didn't get in my exercise this morning or yesterday either, but I'm aiming for tomorrow morning at 5 am.

hope everybody has a blessed day!
hugs,
Cathy

Last edited by cathyxxx; 01-15-2008 at 10:00 AM.
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 10:31 AM   #9  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Busy busy busy bzzzzzzzzzzz.... talk later taters.

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 10:55 AM   #10  
CINCIGIRL

S/C/G: 220/220/140

Speaking of depression... I was prescribed Zoloft a couple of years ago. I gained about 60 pounds in one year without any changes in eating habits. Have you heard of this? I quit taking the medication and it seems to make a difference. The weight just gave me more to be depressed about !!!
CINCIGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 01:39 PM   #11  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

hi girls,

I'm waiting on the cable guy to show up any minute. Thought I would check in quickly.

I was on Zoloft for a couple of years and it worked well for me. I didn't notice any weight gain, but every med effects everybody differently.

There he is! Gotta go!
hope4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 03:08 PM   #12  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

OK, I'm back. I wanted to say also that I was eating so much that I wouldn't have been able to tell if the Zoloft was causing any gain or not. Unfortunately, I'm either 'dieting or eating on plan' or eating everything in sight.

The eating is still going pretty well this week. Again it's not strictly on plan, but much improved. I'm working on my all or nothing mentality.

Tonight is pool league so at least I have something to do. I just have to avoid the yummy burgers and french fries they have there.

Have a great day everybody!
hope4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 04:15 PM   #13  

Hi, everyone. I just found this board again after a VERY long absence. I have been on Symbyax for a few months now, and I have gained a LOT of weight. I have just started the "Best Life" program and am looking forward to becoming healthier. It is nice to know others who understand.

Meshell
hellsbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 09:38 AM   #14  
Heather 2.0

Morning, chicks! Hope, Leenie - great to see you!!

Cincigirl and Hellsbelle - !

Quiet day for me today, might go skating, get some groceries... nothing too taxing!

Cathy - it's very hard for me to accept I can succeed at anything, and people's overwhelming response to my weight loss so far really does embarrass me. I have NO idea what to do with compliments, with success, with being this person. I know the fat girl well - I hated her, but I knew who she was. This girl? This one who is careful about what she eats, who is focused, who RUNS for heaven's sake? Who is SHE? When will she give up and show herself as the fraud I believe her to be? I know it is linked to depression, and it IS getting easier, as I get 'better', but I was the same way all through my postgrad work: I went to Oxford, and spent my whole time there waiting for someone to say to me "What the heck are YOU doing here? We made a mistake - you don't belong here!" I feel the same about losing weight.

I do not recognize it as an achievement, and that's why I posted the pictures - I see a counselor, and she thinks my body image is SO skewed I must find ways to acknowledge how far I have come. It's hard for me - I cried reading people's responses. I don't know how to tell people "There is nothing special about me - yes, I'm doing THIS, but it is not who I am, just something I'm doing - and you can do it, TOO!"

So, there's my honesty purge for the day. Hope everyone is having a good mid-week!

Heather
Old 01-16-2008, 12:12 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning gang

even tho i was up past midnight last night, i still got up early and did 2 miles, mainly bec i had posted here that that was my plan. accountability ya know

Heather - thank you so very much for explaining. I appreciate your honesty and I respect you for sharing!!! you are so right - it is linked to depression - I have spoken to several with depression who feel that when they look good or feel good that that is not who they really are - that the negative & depressed stuff is who they are and is just waiting to creep back up. funny how they don't realize that the negative & depressed stuff is the REAL fraud!!!! I hope I'm making sense - I know what I'm saying but not sure it's coming across right

For the record - in my opinion - you ARE very special! and I hope that one day soon you will be able to see that too!

ok - I'm stepping down off my soap box for the day

hope everybody is having a great day!

hugs,
Cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote