Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 10-22-2007, 10:01 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Wink Weekly Chat - October 22nd - 28th

Good Morning Chickies,

How is everyone doing this beautiful fall morning ?

How was your weekend? We went to an october fest yesterday with lots of german food.... it was interesting. I didn't pig out they had lots of "pickled things" and weird stuff LOLOL

Whats everyone doing this week? anything exciting?

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 01:04 PM   #2  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Hi all

weekend oscillated between peaceful and unhappy - but I'm still hanging in there. I do it to myself, really - I'm sure you all know what I mean.

Nothing of news - just popping in to say hello - HELLO!

Have a great week, all

Heather
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 08:13 PM   #3  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Did I ever mention that I hate my job? And its 10 X's worse once you've been off for 10 days? I just want to go home, already.

Hope your all having a great evening.

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 09:44 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hi Girlies,

Just popping in to say hello.... I hear ya Sassy.... hang in there.

Hey Heather Heather Bo Beather Fe Fi Fo Feather

Old 10-23-2007, 11:29 AM   #5  
Tate the Great

Height: 5'2

Hello Chickies!

A rather normal (sad, empty, just-want-to-curl-up-and-do-nothing) weekend for me. I hope that things get better for you at work Sassy Chick! Please take care of yourselves this week ladies, you deserve it! I hope that it is a peaceful and uneventful week for us all...

~Lauryn
MorningJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 01:40 PM   #6  

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone!

Nothing new here, just wanted to pop in and say hello!

Take care all!
K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 11:20 PM   #7  
~Believe~

Unhappy Bummed..........

I'm totally Bummed.............. Work again. lol. I tried to switch nights with my co-worker who works opposite me and at first she was going too, now she doesn't want too. Wants to wait until its nice outside so then her and hubby can go hiking. I was like, "well that will be a while now, probably be next year, if we are all still here and I personally hope I'm not." lol. Positive aren't I? lol.

I wanted off tomorrow night because my DH goes to the dr tomorrow during the day, if I was off I could stay awake and go with him because then I wouldn't have to worry about being up at work all night. I know its short notice so I'm not bummed about that, but we were going to do it next week or even after that, but she backed out.

So I know its not her fault, don't blame her or anything, just bummed.

But on a good note, DH starts his new shift next week, he will be working Friday, Sat, and Sun instead of Thurs - Sunday, so that means we will have Thursday nights together. It is going to be our night and only if somebody's hair is on fire is the only way we'll do anything for them. lol.

Anywho. Just felt like whining a bit. lmao.

Old 10-24-2007, 01:12 PM   #8  

Hi, ladies. I take prozac and lithium, but, since things are particularly bad, my doctor prescribed abilify short term. I start taking it this afternoon. I've tried seroquil before, it worked, but, I was allergic, and had to stop taking it. I hope this doesn't cause me to gain more weight, I gained a bit, when I started on the lithium, a few months ago. I'm five three, currently 160 pounds. I've decided to go with ediets deliciously yours delivery service, because then, my family can prepare my food for me, and it's all layed out. Exercise is compromised, because of the dizziness caused by antipsychotics, but, I plan to walk with my boyfriend daily. I just want things to get better. The doctor says with rest, meds and support, I should be up and around in a month or so. Take care, it's nice to meet you all. Looking up that medicine to see what I'm in for, LOL.
Amie
jazzmegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 04:08 AM   #9  
~Believe~

Hi Ladies.......Its MY Friday! Only 3 hrs left...........

I really need my Wellbutrin...........My moods are like a rollercoaster.....up and down..........lol.......

Hi and Amie, I hope you are back up and about soon. You Can do it!

to all!
Old 10-25-2007, 09:48 AM   #10  

Hi ladies,
I am here i have just sort of been lurking. I have been struggling with my diet but am determined that i will not give up. It gets old when i continue to sabatoge my diet efforts. I tell myself i will not keep doing that to myself and yet here i am losing the same 2 or 3 pounds and then putting them back on.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 10:10 AM   #11  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hi ladies, nice to see you all.

Sorry I can't play today (or chat) boss man is here and well... you know lol.

I will catch up soon.

Amie

Cherry, Sassy, Buddly, Lauryn, Heather, Cathy and the rest of you chicklets
Old 10-25-2007, 11:40 AM   #12  
Tate the Great

Height: 5'2

Smile

Hi Ladies!
It's a slow, rainy day here again. The weather tends to mess with my mood, so I'm feeling slow and rainy as well. I'm sorry you weren't able to switch nights with your co-worker Sassy Chick, but at least you and your hubby will soon have Thursday nights ALL to yourselves (Yea!!!). I hope things go extra smoothly at work today Leenie, with your boss there observing.
I hope everyone has a survivable and (hopefully!) sunny day!

A very warm welcome to Cherry Autmun and Amie!
~Lauryn
MorningJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 08:56 PM   #13  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Hi ladies,

Thought I would let you all know that I'm still alive. I've been lurking off and on but haven't posted, I can't explain why.

Quick update: My grandma passed away this week and it's been hard making such long distance decisions and plans (she was in Minnesota). She will be cremated and sent back to my home town, so I will be gone sometime soon to attend the service.

The company I felt sure would hire me finally contacted me, but long story short, it may be the first of the year before the position is available. I may just take some kind of retail job through the holidays to bring in some cash. The bad thing is that if I do that I'm probably looking at no time off for Christmas or Thanksgiving. I don't mind that so much since I've been off for the better part of the whole year, but my family isn't in town so I won't be able to see them on Christmas day. Oh well...

Hope all is well with everybody else and welcome to all the newbies!

Last edited by hope4me; 10-25-2007 at 08:57 PM.
hope4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 07:57 AM   #14  
Pudgy Mommy

S/C/G: 234/209/140lbs.

Height: 5ft.2inches

Default Hi, I'm new

Hello everyone. I'm new here. I joined a long time ago, but didn't really post. I'm on a lot of psych meds (Effexor, Risperdal, Vallergan, Imovane) and also diabetic. The meds have slowed my metabolism down to the speed of continental drift. I have anxiety/depression and PTSD

My whole life, I have been a bit pudgy but never overweight until I started these meds. I can't go off the meds, but I have an appointment with my psychiatrist coming up and I'm going to ask him if he can switch them or something. Anything to get some of this weight off! I had lost about 23 lbs, but I've gained most of it back now after losing my motivation to eat well. Although, I have overeaten at times, that isn't my biggest problem. I am LAZY about food. I don't like cooking and tend to eat quick fixes...a handful of nuts, PB&J, cereal, etc. BAD BAD BAD. I really don't like fruit and I am not too crazy about veggies. I know that I have to turn all this around if I'm going to be successful. It's just soooooooooo hard!

Looking forward to knowing you all better....
Miette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 12:03 AM   #15  
~Believe~

Hi Everybody!

I hope you all are doing well!