Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 02-23-2009, 10:04 AM   #1  
Addicted to potato salad!

Default Meditation anyone?

Okay...so my daughter is going to a new psychiatrist and he's just started her on 10 mg of Prozac and 25 mg of Xanax for bad episodes. She's been on the Prozac for almost two weeks and is STILL having the attacks. We're getting her a tutor for school. Poor thing went all through middle school with a GPA in the mid 90's and now we're worried she's going to fail ninth grade because she just can't get to school. She's on the couch completely exhausted from a rather large episode this morning.

My question to everyone is...a couple of people have recommended meditation to help her to get through these horrible episodes. Do any of you have any suggestions for books or websites that we can visit for this?

TTFN!
techwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 10:58 AM   #2  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

I've been exploring & trying out meditation for the past year. Look for books & tapes by Jon Kabat Zinn. He's one of the most accessible practitioners. You can watch him on YouTube, among other places.

Despite the horrible name, "Meditation for Dummies" is an extremely thorough and well-written overview. You could start there.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote