Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 01-02-2007, 10:01 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Weekly Chat ~ Jan 2 - Jan 8

Good Morning Gang

How is everybody doing this beautiful morning?

My alarm went off at 5 am and I had to MAKE myself get up, but I did and walked 2 miles with Leslie Sansone.

Anybody else exercising? It's lonely on the exercise thread

What's everybody doing today? I've got so much to do at work that I'm trying to figure out what to do first.

Hope everybody has a BLESSED day!
hugs,
Cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 01:32 PM   #2  

Default Hi!!!

Hi Cathy ..I have a cold thanks to my sons , but other then that i'm doing great...I do leslie sansone's 4 mile dvd ...I LOVE IT!!! I use to have one of her exercise dvd's with the bands...man that workout toned me up but i can't find it anywhere ....Im also from Louisiana!!!!
Cleaned house and laundry..nothing to exciting LOL Hope you day is going great so far!!!
SkinnyScorp29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 02:03 PM   #3  

Hey Skinny!
wow another cajun have you always lived in Louisiana? where abouts are you? I work in Lake Charles and live just outside of it.

Actually, the 2 miles I did this morning was the first two miles on the 4 mile dvd you mentioned. I love it when I have time to do the 3 or 4 miles (but that hasn't been for awhile now). I've been off the exercising wagon but I'm back on again Do you happen to have her 5 mile dvd? I absolutely LOVE IT! it's great! I think I have most of her workouts. I just love her stuff.

And you have sons? I also have sons - they are 22 and 18. I'm the only girl at my house

It's really nice to meet you Skinny. I look forward to getting to know you better.

hugs,
Cathy
Old 01-02-2007, 02:14 PM   #4  

Hi Cathy...I live over by Fort Polk!!!! Vernon Parish (we are not in military )People always think if you are from vernon your hubby must be military LOL
I was a military brat growing up but basically raised down here...I didnt know she had a five mile workout DVD!!!!!
I'm also the only female in the house..even the pets are male LOL my sons are 2 years old and six years old...
Really nice meeting you too!!!!!!!!.......I have to go to her website to check out that 5 mile dvd LOL Thanks for letting me know about it!
Old 01-02-2007, 02:20 PM   #5  

OoOOo I just looked and i want it !! LOL well since the boys are setteling down im going to pop in her DVD..hopefully i can get 3 miles in if not 4!
Old 01-02-2007, 02:48 PM   #6  

LOL it's a great workout Skinny. You have lots of choices with it. You can do just 1 mile if you want - or you can combine them for 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 miles. Whatever you want to do, but I really like the workouts. I think it's her best dvd yet. If you want to see a little of it you can go to collagevideo.com and type in a search for "Leslie Sansone" and it's usually the first video that comes up and then you can watch a little of it.

Wow 3 or 4 miles is awesome Skinny! I find as the day wears on that it's harder for me to make myself exercise. I do better getting it in first thing. YOU GO GIRL! hey - be sure to post your exercise on the exercise thread. Then it won't be so lonely over there I'm hoping others will be joining us soon

You are in Fort Polk! that is about an hour from my house! awesome!

I notice that both our boys are 4 years apart. That's cool. But yours are much younger than mine. Gosh how I miss the days when they were little and thought I was the best thing in the world

Have a great walk!
hugs,
Cathy
Old 01-02-2007, 02:48 PM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Ladies,

I'm at work and boy.... well you know the rest

Talk to you later

SS29
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 03:07 PM   #8  

Smile

Hi Leenie...ewwwwwwwwwww i'm thinking about getting a job soon....
Cathy,
THanks for that info and I saw it on her website..it sounds truly awesome..well i didnt get 3 miles in....what i did do was....
in each hand i held a five pound weight and was doing strength training while i did the walk...I only did 1 mile but the burning was so good...if felt like i was getting more out of it...I want to wear tank tops so bad this summer...and you know it gets HOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT down here!!!!!
So i will be doing that until Feb 1st then adding another mile to it..I can't wait to see the progress...I want my arms toned so BADLY LOL
We actually don't live on base ...we are in Leesville O yes these two boys keep me BUSY..amazing that i became overweight chasing these two HA HA HA

Thanks for the Welcome LEENIE!!!!
Old 01-02-2007, 04:17 PM   #9  

Default Newbie intro!

Wow, I'm so glad to find you guys! I've been struggling with depression for a while now, but it's been really bad the last few months.

I'm really determined to stick with my plan this year -- I know I need to incorporate exercise (and it'll help with the depression) but I feel like I need to get my eating habits in line first. So far, so good. No alcohol/white sugar/pop/refined flour so far -- and I made it through the long, dark hours last night without eating or drinking -- other than a cup of hot tea with agave nectar at 2 a.m.!

I've got 2 boys also, and they're 4 years apart! Mine are just-turned-12 and almost-8.

Nice to meet everyone!

Nancy
SahmiamNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 05:28 PM   #10  

Hi Nancy ...Welcome
I did the same thing when i first started my diet journey....I wanted to get my eating habits changed first and it did work out for the best that way!!!
I turned down a beer for later on tonite...man i love my beer LOL and eating at night is also the hardest thing for me....I cant fall asleep until late at night and staring at the tube doesnt help much...I also love to read and usually when i read a book i curl up with food LOLOL it's so hard breaking habits...but it must be done!
WOW two more boys to add to the group LOL!!!
Nice to meet you too Nancy
Old 01-03-2007, 03:00 AM   #11  

Well, DH and I went on a date tonight -- what's that? What's a date?

Yeah, I forgot too. LOL

I planned ahead and lived it up big -- 2 light beers at the bar beforehand, and popcorn/no butter at the movie. Brought my own water.

I went about 190 calories beyond my daily limit, but I'm trying to average it out over the week, so I'll just have to cut 50 calories a day for the next 4 days.

I can't believe how much 2 beers and some popcorn felt like living it up!

~Nancy
SahmiamNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 03:00 AM   #12  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hey all,

to the newbies!

I am still trying to get better, been sick for the last week, I feel better, now just really tired and drained.........

Take care all!
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 09:50 AM   #13  

Hi. Who's DVD are you talking about? I have no motivation at all.....
cassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 11:28 AM   #14  

good morning gang

I didn't get much sleep last night. Had a bunch of college kids playing video games until way too late at night and there is no "quiet" in a house while playing video games. But I still got up and did 2 miles this morning with Leslie. I used 3 lb weights in each hand during the 2nd mile and did upper body work while walking

Leenie - what ya so busy with at work girlie?

Skinny - that is awesome to use 5 lb weights while walking. YOU GO GIRL! what ya doing today? It is suppose to start raining this afternoon and they are saying around 5 inches of rain. Man we sure don't need the rain, but looks like it's on it's way.

Hey Nancy - it's nice to meet you! congrats on sticking with your eating plan during the long dark night! that's awesome! that's awesome that you also have 2 boys that are 4 years apart. Man, we've got a pattern going here and we've got a whole array of ages. That's awesome that you went on a date, and planned ahead for it too. Sounds like you are on the right track!

Hey Sassy - I'm glad you're feeling a little better! I hope you get to feeling 100% asap! are you working this week? or weekend?

Hey Cassy - we are talking about Leslie Sassone's walking dvds. You can check them out at her website or you can go to collagevideo.com and type in a search under her names and most of her videos will come up. I especially like her newest one - the 5 mile dvd - bec it's fast paced and you have soooooo many choices. We'd love for you to join us here if that would help with your motivation. Sometimes just being accountable by planning to post can help.

What's everybody doing today? I've got paperwork out the whazzooooo and will have more than I can get to for awhile. I do year end stuff for 3 places, along with dh's business. So lots of paperwork. Oh well, it will eventually get done.

Hope everybody has a BLESSED day!
hugs,
Cathy
Old 01-03-2007, 11:45 AM   #15  

Cathy,
thanks! I am trying to find a place to get help and motivation, but I don't post much. My depression keeps me from doing much- no hope, no energy, don't care about anything.........
cassy is offline   Reply With Quote