Old 05-21-2011, 01:19 AM   #16  

Cooking is definitely not my favorite pastime. And I am not a gourmet cook.
I can't even cook a chicken. It never tastes good. So I buy a rotisserie chicken at the deli. And I can't fry an egg well either.
If I want a decent breakfast I have to go to a restaurant. And I go about once or twice a month.
The only chicken I make that tastes decent is white meat strips that I marinate in BBQ sauce overnight. Then I fry it in a pan. And that is my entire dinner. With maybe a cup of juice. I count my calories.

But I make really good spaghetti. And terrific BBQ ribs. Everybody loves it.
So about once a month I make a huge pot of spaghetti and then I freeze it in little containers. I'll eat a one serving package every day until it is all gone.
I don't like bread or crackers, so I never make sandwiches or toast.

I will not fire up a grill and cook a steak. Nothing but hamburger for me.
But I buy the best ground beef from a restaurant supplier...direct from the slaughter house.
It makes great hamburgers. And I just eat the meat..no bun and no condiments. I buy fish and steam it in a frying pan with onions and garlic. I eat only 1/4 - 1/3 pound of meat a day.
I'll eat my veggies at one meal, my meat at the next, and then juice or fruit at the next meal. A couple of times a week I eat cereal and milk.

I never make a complete meal with a main course and sides. I'm just not going to stand there for an hour and cook up a complete meal.
And cooking for the Holidays?...forget it. I am not going to ruin a holiday by slaving over a hot stove. Why would I go shopping for hours, stand for hours cooking, get a sore back and sore feet and all tired out, just because it is a tradition to have a huge homemade meal for the holidays?
No way! I go to a restaurant so I can rest and relax and enjoy the day.

Every Thanksgiving my mooch friends and relatives all want to know what I am having for dinner...hint...hint.. They want an invitation for a free meal. I tell them every year...and they never learn...that I have no intention of ruining my holiday by getting all whacked out cooking all day. Then spend another 3 hours cleaning up afterwards. I plan on relaxing and going out.

If I make mashed potatoes or sweet potatoes, that is all I eat for that meal. Same with rice. Just plain rice with some butter.

I have fruit trees and berry bushes, so I make a lot of frozen juice. That I don't mind making. Juice tastes terrific when it is homemade.
When people find out I grow all my own fruit, their eyes light up. It never fails that each one asks for free jam, some want free pies....which I don't make. Such nerve! (Fruit trees attract a lot of mooches.)
And I never make pies or jam out of the fruit...just juice. I am not going to waste my time making pies or cakes with all that added fat and flour.
But I occasionally make pancakes..potato pancakes I make in my food chopper.
I don't drink coffee or soda, just water, juice and milk. But I make mullein leaf tea. I grow my own Giant Mullein tea plants. And I drink Gatorade.
I despise cooking, and I really get fed up with all the dishes that accumulate even with the minimal amount of cooking I do.
I grow my own potatoes, green peppers, onions and garlic. I don't mind gardening, but gourmet cooking is not for me.
JOLINA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 04:41 AM   #17  
Made of Starstuff

I don't cook.

I heat food.

I tend to stick to things that don't need a lot of work. Or lordy. Things with more than like 5 steps. Long as it's "Turn oven on. Spray pan. Put thing on pan and into oven." I'm okay.

Much more than that and I'm bored.

I've never blanched a single thing in my life simply because I can't imagine heating the food up just to immediately stick it back into something cold. Talk about an unnecessary step (in my mind).

Most of the time I like salads and raw fruits/veggies. Simply because they're so ridiculously easy to deal with. Open fridge. Wash fruit. Eat.

Sandwiches with deli meat. Soups. Cereals. I actually like to buy grilled chicken that's pre-sliced, too... just to stick it on those salads or on wraps. >.> I'm that adverse to cooking.

I'm still managing to eat healthier without stressing too much about being a perfect chef.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 04:39 AM   #18  

I love to cook! But, I don't have time to cook - this is the reason for my weight gain. I am eating lots of salads and can them them pretty cheap from most fast food joints. It has been working out pretty good.
costasandcroakies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 10:51 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 160/154/127

Height: 5'3

Cool

I don't MIND cooking only becuase I can never count calories in what other people make. I spend the whole time mentally freaking out becuase I have to ask a million questions and sometimes alter the dish.

ALSO, Hate recepies with lots of ingrediants...seriously I'm not wasting time on something that I have to have 10 spices and some weird veggie I've never used on hand.
meg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 12:49 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

I love to cook, but I don't have the time to cook everyday. So, I cook two or three dishes on weekends (one is always a double batch of soup) and just freeze into portions. Take out a labeled portion of soup for lunch, a portion of something else for dinner. EASY!
I also make my own turkey zucchini meatballs (my daughter loves them), plus tomato sauce, enchilada sauce, homemade frozen burritos, etc when I have the time, freeze it, and pull it out when I need it.
The microwave is my best friend.

When I don't pull out a freezer meal, it's always quick meals I'm making anyway. I also roast almost all of my veggies because it's easy and delicious. Varying styles of pizza - bbq, Thai, Italian, buffalo - on flatout (takes 14 minutes total, most of that is waiting for it to bake), wraps, quick soup, (minute brown) rice and beans, curry, shirataki noodle bowls with whatever veggies I have on-hand, veggies with tomato sauce over quick cooking barley, etc.

I make my time work FOR me, not against me.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 11:41 PM   #21  
On the path to a new me

S/C/G: 274/264/175

Height: 5'3"

I'm another one who hates to cook, actually it is more a case of hating the clean up afterwards so I have it worked out with a neighbor who loves to cook but really is only comfortable cooking in large quantities that I will eat dinner with her, she is also working on losing weight and needs to get her cholesterol down so it works out well.
As far as breakfast goes I have latched onto the Kellogs Fiber Plus bars and find that one of those and a glass of soy milk satisfies me.
Lunch really depends on whether I am home or not as far as what I eat so that varies.
Midnightsun68 is offline   Reply With Quote