Good With Hummus?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • So before i would use bagel chips, wheat thins, and other starchy carb-filled foods to eat with hummus.

Now I'm using carrots and celery, but it gets so old, and i'm craving the crunchy stuff!!

Any suggestions?
  • I eat triskets. They are only whole wheat, oil, and salt - no funny chemically ingredients and all whole grain. They take care of that need for salty crucnhy things really well and 6 of them with hummus make for a very filling snack for me.
  • Well, I am also a big fan of the Triscuit, but since you asked about other veggie options may I suggest zucchini? Cut in rounds and slathered with hummus is Oh My Goodness Yummy!
  • My favorite is red bell peppers.
  • Thanks!! Lol I can't believe I didn't think of triscuits!! And I always have zucchini in the house because I made veggie soup w/ it! Thanks
  • Thank you, I love peppers, another thing I always have In the house!! Can't believe I didn't think of these!!
  • Cucumber slices as well
  • It should help! Funny, because of all the veggies in the world the 2 I like least with hummus is carrots and celery.
  • check out Wasa crackers/flatbread. low fat, high fiber and the good stuff. also love it as a spread in a sammie with cukes.
  • I bake tortilla and cut into pieces, thin & crispy - very good.
  • Another thing to do is think outside the "dip box". I spread it on a tortilla and bake it, top with salsa and lettuce. Basically subbing for beans.
  • sweet potatoes sliced very thin (use a mandolin if you have one) and baked until crisp. so very very very good.
  • i am a big fan of pita chips (i make them myself). at sam's club, they sell these veggie straws..you can find it in the chip section..no preservatives in them..really addicting, especially with hummus..even without..walmart has veggie chips (same company that makes the veggie straws, not sure what the name is though)and they are delicious!
  • Pita crisps are the best!!!!
  • I know you wanted "crunchy", but I make hummus pizza with mine. I use a whole wheat tortilla, then top it with hummus, a small amount of shredded Monterey Jack cheese, and some raw red bellpepper and tiny broccoli florettes. You can bake it in an oven, or I like making it into "pockets"by putting the toppings on only one half of the tortilla, then folding it over quesadilla style, and cooking it in the sandwhich maker. It's very filling and comes out to about 300 calories (I make it for my lunch)