Bought the wrong pitas! WWYD?

• I was just curious to what everyone else would do in this situation!

I wanted to try out a new recipe I found. I was suppose to buy tortillas but ended up finding pitas today at the grocery story that I thought would work better. I have no idea what I was thinking but I didnt even look at the calorie count. When I got home to make my yummy spinach/feta pizza I realized that each pita is 260 calories!!! SO do I go ahead and use them and make sure to be careful next time or give them away and have to go back to the store just to get lower cal tortillas/pitas? It just sounds like such a pain.

It increases my meal to 500 calories which is way too high for me for 1 meal. On the other hand its healthier than going out and having a regular greasy pizza. *shrugs shoulders*
  • Are they pocketed?

You can cut pocket ones in half around the outside edge, so you make two equal-sized circles. That way you cut your calories from the pita in half because you're only eating half of the pita, but you still get a nice round pizza.
  • I agree with mandalinn. Unless you have tons of money to give away, in which case I would give away the pitas and buy the skinny ones. WoW! What kind of pitas are thery anyhow? The ones I've been buying are only 90 cals each.

Barb
  • These things have me all confused....Or they've made me blind? haha

Now that Im looking at these things again, they arnt even pitas...its "flat bread" so the only thing I can do is cut them in half. But even for just half of it its a shame its still 130 cals.

I think Im just going to give them to my parents. Im usually really on the ball with these things but thanks for listening to my ramblings.