Old 01-04-2010, 03:13 PM   #1  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Default acorn squash

My grocery store had acorn squash for 59 cents/pound so I thought it would be a good time to try it. I got it home, put it on my counter, and said, "Now what?"

Any recommend ways to cook it? I googled it and it looks like I should cut it in half and bake it, cut side down. Does that sound right to you?

Thanks!
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 03:27 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

I love acorn squash! You've got the right idea on what to do. Just cut in half, scoop out the seeds, put cut side down in a pan with a little water, cover with foil and bake until tender when pierced with a fork. You can turn it into a nice main dish by putting stuffing in it after baking and returning it to the oven to brown the stuffing.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 03:59 PM   #3  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Thank you! I will try it tonight. Since changing my eating habits, I have learned about so many great foods that I just passed by before.
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote