How do you prepare your oatmeal?

• My main question is whether you prepare your oatmeal with water or milk? I'm trying to decide if adding milk for taste is worth the extra calories. Secondly, do you add sugar, salt, butter, berries or anything else? Any input would be appreciated!
  • I use water to cook my oats.

I'll add various things. Lately I've been adding a tbsp of chunky peanut butter or almond butter and almonds, raisins or sliced banana. I was adding a packet of splenda for a while, but I forgot it one day and found that the almond butter sweetened the oatmeal enough that I didn't need it.

Berries sound yummy. I've never like butter or salt in oatmeal.

I bought some Nutella the other day to try instead of peanut or almond butter. I haven't quite gotten the courage yet to stir it into a batch. Cocoa and oatmeal doesn't sound quite right....but we'll see.
  • I make old fashioned oats with water, and add a splash of milk. I also add a little sugar free syrup.
  • Splenda and a little bit of peanut butter. Yummm

Sometimes blueberries and sliced almonds. Banana slices and walnuts are pretty good.

Actually if I think it will taste good I just throw it in. Oatmeal is so versatile.
  • The link below is to a thread like this one with TONS of different ideas for oatmeal, check it out!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=171070

I don't really taste a difference preparing with milk vs. water so I do water and then add other things in (fruit, nuts, etc.) for flavor.
  • ^^Thanks for the thread Fox! Awesome!

Thank you ladies, for your ideas!!!