Old 01-26-2006, 03:21 PM   #1  

Question I need seafood recipes.

I'd love to eat more fish, but I only have three seafood recipes. They get tired after awhile so I was wondering if anyone had some recipes they have made that they really like and would share them with me of course. Obviously the recipe would have to be SB friendly too.

Thanks so much,
Lisa
friendsforfitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 11:08 PM   #2  
just a few more...

S/C/G: 138/112.4/105

Height: 5'1"

if you like tuna steaks you can marinate them briefly in a blend of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, some rosemary and some orange zest. Also works for chicken or pork.

We broil tilapia for a few minutes on each side and then top with a mixture of 2 tbl butter, 1 tbl mayo, 1/4c parmesan, 1 tbl lemon juice, 1/2 tsp dried basil. this should cover enough for 4. Broil another few minutes til melty.

tonight I made spicy shrimp with broccoli-2 cups frozen broccoli nuked. Heat up a little oil in a pan, saute up 2 cloves of garlic and some raw shrimps til they turn pink. toss in some diced onion, 2 tbl red papper flakes, some grated ginger, chopped fresh cilantro, 1/4c of water or chicken broth, and 2 tbl soy sauce, toss broccoli in and heat all through.

garlic and lemon juice and oil makes a great marinade too for meatier fish-tuna steaks, swordfish, etc
batmomm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 09:12 AM   #3  

Did you look through the phase 1 and phase 2 entree sections? I know I have posted my Shrimp Creole and Red Snapper Courtbouillon recipes in the phase 2 section. I have a wonderful clam chowder recipe too in the soup section (I think phase 2). Take a look around at what is already posted here.
Barb0522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 12:56 AM   #4  

One fast recipe I picked up somewhere that I depend on frequently is for either sole or tilapia..any whitefish fillets really.

Mix together a couple Tbsps mayo & a couple Tbsps pesto either store bought or homemade. Spread over fillets & sprinkle with red pepper flakes to taste, then bake for about 20 mins at 350.

Also, when I'm in a rush I'll take salmon steaks sprinkle with granular garlic & pour a little CarbOptions teriyaki sauce over the steaks and bake at 350 for approx 20-25 mins. I'm assuming that sauce is OK on South Beach...just starting phase 1??

Nothing real fancy..just fast stuff that gets me in & out of the kitchen Mon-Fri.

Broomy
Broomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 11:50 AM   #5  
Future Belly Dancer

S/C/G: 234

Height: 5'7"

Default Zesty Shrimp

You will need:

1 pound of shrimp. (Peeled, frozen, raw..however you purchase, though previously frozen, cooked and peeled work just fine.)
A mix of light butter (or what ever you use) and some olive oil, depending on your taste.
As much garlic as you like.
As much FRESH dill as you like.
1 lemon and one orange
1 bunch of watercress

You will not be eating the orange nor the lemon. You will need to grate off a bit of the skins of each for zest. Dried zest will not do for this..it must be fresh. When you have enough to suit your personal tastes, squeeze just a bit..maybe two tablespoons of the fruit juices into a small bowl and set aside.

Use a large skillet and heat your fats. Add your garlic. Then, add your shrimp and watercress. Sautee for a little bit to get the ball rolling, then add your dill and lemon/orange zest.
until tender and your shrimp is curled and pink. If it's frozen and cooked, being in the pan will thaw it out and it will be warm and absorb the flavors of the zest and garlic.

Add your lemon/orange juice in last and sautee for about a minute, stirring frequently to evenly coat.

Serve as is. There is no need for a filler, the watercress does nicely.

Watercress has no fat nor carbs, but 1 gram of protein. It's only downfall is that it has no fiber, though it makes up for this in folate. Watercress is delicious. It has a flavor comparable to spinich and a light, crisp texture. It's versatile and can be sauteed with anything.
Allycatisfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 09:44 AM   #6  
Recovering Sugarholic

Height: 5'3"

I have a great Fish Parmesan recipe under Phase 1 entrees. Here's another we sometimes make:

In a skillet, saute one big green pepper and one onion until tender. Add about 1/2 cup of CarbOne ketchup or tomato sauce and a bay leaf. Let simmer about half an hour. When done, remove bay leaf. Put fish fillets of any kind on separate pieces of foil. Pour sauce evenly over fillets, then fold foil to make little packets. Cook in oven at 400 for about 15 minutes or until fish is cooked through.

I know it sounds strange but it is really delish!

Jessie
JessieW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 10:21 PM   #7  

We had the best grilled tilapia tonight. I took four sheets of heavy duty foil and placed the fish in the centers of each of the foils (one for each of us). I then spooned about a half a cup of crushed tomatoe (I used garlic onion flavored) and about 2 tablespoons each of chopped green pepper and onion. I sprinkled each with garlic powder salt and pepper, then I poured 2 tablespoons ofKraft Caesar Vinaigrette. Bring up foil sides. Double fold top and ends to seal each packet and placed on the grill for about 30 min on Med heat. It was out of this world.

According to fitday each serving (7 oz of tilapia) is.

Cal 369
fat 10g
Carb 13g
fiber 3g
Protein 54g
nelnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 04:42 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 228/188/150

Height: 5'8"

Default Steamed Tilapia (Asian style)

Steamed Tilapia (asian style) served on a bed of Sweet Butter Lettuce

Steam together for about 15 minutes or until thick part of fish is flaky)
5 oz tilapia - steamed in a glass dish 0g carbs, 136 calories
1 stalked of celery cut in thin slices 1g carbs, 6 calories
1/2 mushroom pieces 1g carbs, 8 calories
1 T chopped green onion .4g carbs, 2 calories
Slice some ginger for flavor (don't eat)
Marinade: (add and let steam with fish)
1T Soy Sauce, 1 T Sherry, .5 tsp Sesame Oil 2.7g carbs, 49 calories
a shake of sesame seeds to top 0.2g carbs, 6 calories

Serve on a Bed of Sweet Butter Lettuce
2.5 C Sweet Butter lettuce 2g carbs, 10 calories
2 T Light Done Right Raspberry Dressing 4g carbs, 60 calories
vikia is offline   Reply With Quote