3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Cooking Hints & Miscellaneous Info (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/cooking-hints-miscellaneous-info-191/)
-   -   What are your favorite frugal, few ingrendient, fast recipes? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/cooking-hints-miscellaneous-info/62853-what-your-favorite-frugal-few-ingrendient-fast-recipes.html)

sarahyu 08-04-2005 11:28 AM

What are your favorite frugal, few ingrendient, fast recipes?

When I'm in a hurry or on a tighter budget these are some of the things I tend to fix:

Scrambed eggs w/ veggies
Heat some frozen veggies in the microwave until cooked, drain the liquid and add to scrabled eggs top with 1 oz of lf cheese. Maybe throw in a slice of deli turkey or ham.

Beans and salsa w/ cheese
take a serving of cooked beans, top with yummy salsa and some lf cheese, heat in microwave until everything is hot.

spicy chicken strips:
take a chicken breast, pound it even, cut into strips, sprinkle with some spices you have in the cabinets, cook in a skillet sprayed with pam until done, add some hot sauce and you have a sort of mock spicy chicken wing type thing.

Tuna salad
1 can tuna in water, 1 stalk celery, 1 half a small onion, some spices, a couple T lf mayo and a spoonful of spicy mustard. Mix together and serve over a plate of lettuce/salad.

Bean soupy type thing
1 15 oz can favorite beans, 1 15 oz can crushed tomatoes, 1 chopped onion-how ever much you like, green peppers,+ spicy peppers if you like. Saute the onion, and peppers add beans and tomatoes, and some spices you have in your cabinet simmer until it's all heated and smells good.

sarahyu 08-22-2005 01:30 PM

tilapia w/ worcestershire sauce and sherry.

tilapia w/ worcestershire sauce and sherry.

2 tilapia fillets
a splash worcestshire sauce
3 times as much sherry
2 green onions minced
a little oil for the pan
a little salt to taste

Throw all together in a non-stick skillet, saute until fish is done.

pearshape 08-22-2005 04:54 PM

*Grilled chicken breast (on my george forman) sprinkled w/ McCormick Salt Free Chicken Griller Seasoning and steamed broccoli and summer squash on the side.

*Salad made of prebagged greens and spinach, grape tomatoes, sprouts, cannelini beans, canned tuna or salmon, topped w/ SBD approved bottled dressing.

Sheba's Mom 08-22-2005 11:17 PM

My all time stand by is:

1 bottle classico tomato basil sauce
1-2 pounds lean hamburger or ground chicken or turkey
2-3 small zucchini
some onion
jar or two of mushrooms
some chopped up black olives

P1 served with a salad
p2 served with whole wheat pasta

Schatzi 08-23-2005 06:00 AM

Been making this one for years!
Chick Parm:

Frozen chicken breast in some water - bake 40 mins at 350
Drain water- cover with LF mozzarella
and a cup of Prego or Ragu. ( I know , the sugar content may be too high for some) ...
Bake another 20 mins.. Serve with salad or small side of WW penne pasta.

Left over London Broil
Cut in strips
Stir fry in 1/3 cup of Worcester Sauce. 1/4 cup of Carb option Steak sauce, add 2 tblspoons honey when close to being done to carmelize... pour the concoction and all the sauce over WW pasta and mix.

Quick Smoothies
Frozen Fruit
2/3 cup skim milk
6oz plain or vanilla yougart
ice. ....it also freezes well into a sorbet.

Bups 08-23-2005 08:24 AM

Sauteed green beans w/mushrooms and garlic

Green beans cut into bite sized pcs, sliced mushrooms, prechopped garlic and 2 tbsp chicken broth.

I spray a fry pan lightly with butter flavored spray.
Add green beans, and mushrooms and a chicken broth ice cube (that is how I keep it so that when I need a bit, I have it).

Let broth melt, let pan get pretty hot, add chopped garlic, salt & pepper, seasoning salt etc... cover pan to steam veggies a bit, 5 mins maybe, then uncover once soften some and let mushrooms brown a bit, few more mins.

Serve and enjoy.

Kim

H-ko 01-13-2006 08:29 PM

Taco salad is our old standby: use bagged lettuce blend, chop some onion, cook some lean ground beef or turkey with some spices, maybe heat some ff refried beans, shred a little cheese, open a can of olives, slice an avocado (if I have a ripe one), and top with some ff sour cream and some salsa.

Another favorite if I have some leftover cooked chicken is white bean chicken chili: saute some chopped onion in olive oil, add some chopped cooked chicken, a couple cans of diced tomatoes in juice, a small can of chopped green chilies, a can of tomato sauce, some cumin, and a can or two or navy beans. Simmer about 5 minutes and serve.

KO 02-17-2006 01:30 PM

1 pan baked in oven
Chicken or pork
spice In this case Lemon pepper
OO cooking spray
MArgerine/lube of your choice
Frozen VEggies
tin foil
water
Preheat oven 350
Line Baking pan in foil spray with cookign spray add meat sprinkle with spice (TJ's 21 seasoning salute is good too)
Add Veggies and oil spray/margerine lube of choice and spice
Add water to the bottom of the pan
Cover Pan with Foil
Bake one hour removing foil for the last 20 or so minutes depending if you want your meat totally steamed or not
its so tender! and limited cleanup
Another thing i like to do is a pack of chicken sprinkled with Cumin and chili powder with Medium Salsa on it done the same way
in a separate dish 2 bags of if you go to S&S rancho fiesta veggies (S&S also owns giant if you have one of those) A 24 oz jar of Southwest Salsa S&S i use mild they add chili and cumin
if you don't have frozen veggies that have beans in it already toss in a can of beans toss it and put it in when you put the chicken in soo good
you can also Top with LF shredded cheddar