Old 11-12-2006, 10:22 AM   #1  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Arrow The Back On Track Challenge

Maybe you've been slipping a little lately. Halloween got the best of you. Christmas cookies have been spotted early in the season. You've been doing trial-runs of new menus for your holiday meals.

Or maybe the past weeks have been busy and stressful on you. You got a promotion at work and more responsibility. Your kids have had 8 different activities every week this semester. Or you just got married (*raises hand*) and had the stress of a wedding to deal with.

Or maybe you just haven't felt motivated lately. Days are getting shorter. Mornings are getting colder. You want to curl up on the couch with a cup of hot chocolate.

Well, it happens. But that's no excuse to let better health get further and further away! You need to step up now and take control before things get really out of hand.

And you CAN do it. Believe it or not, it's so much easier to start now than it is to put it off. And you can't deny the benefits.

So here it is, my challenge to you: GET BACK ON TRACK. Wherever you are, whatever your excuses are, stop right now, lace up your tennis shoes, and start heading in the right direction.

All previous mistakes are forgiven by virtue of redeeming ourselves here and now. As of right now, the slate is clean. Use that to your advantage.

So post your goals here for all to see, what you want to do and how long you intend to do it (at the very least), whether you just want to focus on getting one thing right at a time or you want to tackle everything at one go. Starting small? That's fine. Going full speed ahead? That's fine too. Just as long as you're starting.

Best luck!
Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 02:05 PM   #2  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Elisha...Thanks for getting this going. I did join the Thanksgiving & New Year's Challenge, but that's ok...it's still a group of people who are supportive of one another!
I'm in for sure! I'll put my goals up a bit later!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 12:03 PM   #3  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

My goal to get back on track: No Hot Fudge Sundae's for desert. I want a banana I don't want chocolate!

I do really well until the end of the night and that 386 calories is something I don't want. I no longer eat ice cream sundaes!
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 12:10 PM   #4  
Bound and Determined

Well, yesterday went very well for me indeed. I installed my DietPower software on my new computer, and I even managed to stay under my calorie budget by 12 calories!

Today is going well too. Breakfast was healthy, lunch if good, and dinner will most likely be Lean Cuisine. I've already gotten in some of my water. I'm going to exercise tonight too! Yay!

How are you all doing?
~Elisha
Old 11-13-2006, 09:06 PM   #5  
motomom

I'm back on track with exercising...did 25 minutes on the bike today, but the food dept...that's another story. Did ok until this afternnon when cookies at work were calling my name. I ate about 4 of them...then I had an interview and by the time I got out of there, I was STARVING at 7:15pm...so I stopped for Fast Food...Taco Bell...I won't tell you what the damage was, but it wasn't pretty!

I plan to log all my food though and figure out calories. B-fast & lunch were good, so that is helpful!

Hope we can get some other chickies over here! Catch you in the morning!
Old 11-13-2006, 10:25 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 210/210/135

Height: 5'4''

Default Introduction

Hello Everyone! I am new here.
Today I got back on track. Started my FitDay.com journal (awesome by the way), and ate healthy. Also I worked out to Gilad on FitTv and did 30 minutes on the treadmill.

I had to turn this day around - I called in today because I was just too depressed and unmotivated to go. THen I knew I would just feel worse if i just wasted the day.

A little about me: I am not new to weight loss (who is, right). 3 years ago I had lost 125 lbs. It took me 3 yrs and I worked my butt off for it. A little later, I decided to change careers, go back to school, and at the same time I met my future husband. We married May 2005, and we divorced this year. He was very unkind to me, and my self-esteem plummeted. As it did, so did my healthy habits and my weight started to creep up. I left him in April, and I have gained a lot of weight since then. (also my parents divorced -34 yrs married- in March). WHen I lost the weight before, I told myself I would never be this way again. ANd now more than half of the weight back in a very short time. I know the weight is not the only thing depressing me - it is the loss of a dream and dealing with impact of living with an unkind person. I feel like I am at rock-bottom, and that I am barely taking care of myself. People who haven't seen me in a long time would never guess how some weekends I spend the weekend in my pajamas, and do not go anywhere and just watch mindless TV for hours on end. I just have no motivation or interest, and wonder if I will ever get that girl back who was so happy and spirited (prior to marrying the ex).

I'm almost scared to say that maybe today is the beginning of something better. But I am going to try. THe last few months I have been binging on food and occasionally on alcohol trying to fill this hole, and I know it is just making me worse!

I look forward to meeting other people who struggle with their weight, and maybe sometimes, life too -- but somehow stick together - and stick to it.

~StarFrog
StarFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 09:25 AM   #7  
Bound and Determined

StarFrog and Jeni! It's great to have you here with us!

Star, I'm sorry to hear about the rough time you've been going though. It is SO easy to gain the weight back, and then we just feel even worse about ourselves... it's not pretty. But you've taken responsibility for your health, and that is a great first step. And we are here to help you! You have found a great resource in FitDay, and another here in 3FC. I wish you the best of luck, and I look forward to hearing about your progress.

Jeni, how are you doing on the "no sundaes" rule you set? Did you manage to skip the ice cream and chocolate last night?

Julie, was that interview for a new job, or for someone new to work with you? Hmm... I seem to remember you talking about getting a new job, so I am just curious as to where that stands. Good job on the exercise though! That's 25 more minutes than I managed. I tell you what, you handle the exercise and I'll handle the diet! Do you think that will work?

Well, things are going... well, they're going. I did really well as far as food goes yesterday, and I only got in 1328 calories. I just didn't feel like eating anything else. I guess that's a good thing.

And water was ok yesterday. Not great, but getting better.

And the scale is down a little this morning. I know it's just water, but I'll take it. It means I'm doing the right things, so it's good.

I didn't exercise yesterday, but I will tonight. Steve will be busy every night this week, so I will have the peace and quiet that I like.

OK, I've got a meeting to go to. Have a wonderful day, chicks!
Elisha
Old 11-14-2006, 11:34 AM   #8  
Calorie Counter

HI everyone, Welcome Starfrog! 3fc is the best place to come for support, questions, venting, whining I am glad you found us, and I hope we can be great supporters of one another.

I did it! Last night I ate a late dinner because I was busy and I didn't even want a sundae!! I did have a banana with peanutbutter to make sure I got enough calories!! I also asked my co-workers to help remind me that I am getting back on track with a promise of no Sundaes!!
Old 11-14-2006, 11:50 AM   #9  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

MISS ELISHA ~~ It's like you crawled inside me and read exactly what was on my mind and THANK YOU by the way for the insperation i've been holding my hand up waiting for someone to come and grab it and say you can get back on track and you did so thank you i will be checking in here everyday I have not hit a goal yet to date i really really want to be under 170 by dec 9th my husband is graduating from the police academy and it's just something i really want but doesnt seem realistic anymore

I will try for 1-3 lbs a week
Exercise at least 20-30 mins 5 days outta 7
weight train
COUNT MY POINTS ( im on weight watchers)

THANK YOU AGAIN
Michelle
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 04:08 PM   #10  

This is a great thread.

I have decided to stop beating myself up over my failures and to get back on track today. I have an Eating Disorder of binge eating. I have had it all my life but recently it has gotten totally worst. I am not looking backwards but forward to success.

I will journal daily to keep my emotions in check. I am also doing weight watchers and I will stick to my points. I will drink my 8 cups or more water a day. Most importantly I will not give up on myself.
littlebumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 04:36 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 217/235/175

Height: 5'9

Hi this is just what I need. I need a reminder I have my tradmill up and ready but can't seem to get on it, HELP................My boyfriend works out everyday all day and I can't go with him because I have a one year old but I can get on this treadmill and I have all the work out tapes known to man. Ok no more excuses I can do this.
biggurl34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 10:10 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 210/210/135

Height: 5'4''

Thumbs up

Thank you for the kind welcome.

Hi JCantron (woohooo no ice cream sundaes -good job! ), Elisha, Michelle, Biggurl, littlebumblebee.....

I stayed on track today with eating - which is MAJOR. 2 days in a row - weeeeeeeeee! Didn't exercise today though because I worked non-stop with my research partner on our presentation.

A wise friend of mine asks me sometimes, "Did you lose today, or did you win?"
I still consider today to be a win. I hope you all do today. We deserve a win, right?!

Littlebumblebee[/COLOR], I am so glad you have decided to stop beating yourself up, and instead you are taking steps to a good tomorrow.

for now,
Starfrog
StarFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 10:11 PM   #13  
motomom

Hi everyone...
I am going to try to comment tonight, but if I forget one of you, please don't be upset...I'm learning everyone just like you!

Elisha...since I know you and you asked about my interview...I'm still looking for another job. The job market (in case you've heard) is very bad in Michigan. Unemployment at the highest in the country and...well...let's just say it hasn't been a banner year where I work!!! I had an interview at a Ranch/Resort place about 30 minutes north of here. The pay is less than appealing, but the job sounds interesting. Not something I'd quit my job for, though! And since yesterday my boss announced his resignation (*does happy dance here* ) maybe life will be better (or could be worse) where I work!! OK..anyway...sounds like you have got things back on track already! I'm proud of you! I'm doing ok with exercise...averaging about 4 days a week which suits me fine. I still have to get my food (snacking at night) under control! I didn't get my food menu planned for this week, but am working on a month for December.

Any good meal ideas (quick & easy...crock pot too) out there...send my way!

Jenni...sounds like you and I have something in common...ice cream!! or anything sweet at night especially. I was bad tonight and popped a bag of popcorn (with butter, yes) and sprinkled some semi sweet choc chips on it. I didn't eat the WHOLE bag, but me and the dog shared a good portion of it! OUCH! I just need to NOT EAT AFTER SUPPER!!!! So, that is what I am going to focus on for the rest of the week! Thanks for the motivation!

Starfrog...So sorry to read about your sadness in the last year! It never feels good to be in a bad relationship, but it can only get better from here. PLEASE CHECK IN WITH US DAILY. Don't just read, but post. YOu will find that life will feel better with friends who understand. I have a friend who has had some severe depression and I told her that just by walking a little outside each day would be helpful...she started and now she is walking miles a day...and feels soooo much better. You can too! You know you can! You've been there and now you will do it again. I'm in a 2 year slump with my weight, so if you get back on it now, you can kick this thing before it kicks you! So go, girl...go! So gla dyou are here!

707 Goddess...HA! That Elisha is something, isn't she??? So glad you are here with us. You can do it...only 6 lbs to go!

Littlebumblebee...Glad you are there with us too! Ihope you will find the inspiration you need. WW is a great program if you can stick with it. Water is so important.

Biggurl...Get on that treadmill right now...start walking. You can do this!!! Start taking short walks. Don't know where you live, but pack the baby up in the stroller and go for a walk...walk at the mall...anywhere! One year olds are easy...wait til they get to be 2!!! Mine is 7 now and a wonderful girl, but from 1.5 to 3 was soooo busy!!! Where did all that time go? Glad you are here!

That's it! oh...I did weigh myself today and I am down a pound. Guess I'll have to change my ticker...naw...I'll wait til Friday...that's my official weigh in day! I have to journal yet tonight and then go to bed!
Old 11-15-2006, 10:26 AM   #14  
Bound and Determined

Morning everyone!

What a busy day we had here at the Back On Track Challenge! YAY!

to biggurl34, littlebumblebee, and 707Goddess!

*loves new people*

Yesterday went well for me, but I still can't seem to exercise. *sigh*
Food and water were good though (but water could still be better), and the scale is down another 1.8 pounds this morning.

I took today off of work just because. I have been feeling weird about being there lately. Stuff has been going on, and I'm really just not comfortable there anymore. Yes, I have started looking for a new job, but nothing has come up yet.

I've been feeling weird about a lot of stuff lately, to be honest. And that's part of the reason I'm back here. I've got to get back on track with this. I've just let it go for far too long. I need somewhere to focus my energy.

I'm participating in National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) right now, which means that I'm trying to write a 50,000 word novel in 30 days. It's an absolutely crazy endeavor, but I'm doing it. I'm over halfway already, but it's been consuming a good portion of my time, as you can imagine.

OK, that was random.

As I'm home today, food will be decent as long as I can keep myself from snacking. I have a few errands I can run, so I'll probably do that after lunch (which is my snacking time). Then I plan to make a few dishes at dinner time so we have them for the rest of the week. On the menu: beef stew, grilled salmon, and turkey meatloaf. Mmm... meatloaf sandwiches. Yummy!
Also, I really feel like baking cookies or something, but hopefully I can talk myself out of that one! Or maybe I'll just have my mom come over and send all the cookies home with her.
We'll see.

On a completely different note, one of my online buddies is a body-builder/trainer of sorts, and he wants me to be a guinea pig for a new routine he's developing. I told him I'd love to, so hopefully I can start getting all buff and actually sticking with the exercise.

OH! I'm going to DDR today. Some friends bought it for us as a wedding present, and I absolutely LOVE it, but I rarely have time to use it, so I'm definitely putting that on my To Do list today.

OK, that's enough rambling from me for one day. I hope you all have a very healthy, OP day!
Elisha
Old 11-15-2006, 12:39 PM   #15  
Calorie Counter

Well last night I made the Hotfudge sundae took one bite and threw it away. But overall yesterday I did horrible with my eating, I was just hungry all day long! Today is a new day and I will stay on track!!

I don't work today so no Hot fudge sundae for me!!