Old 12-06-2006, 07:55 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 240/232/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikein2005 View Post
Thanks Angie. We maybe can really give each other the encouragement that both of us are looking for! Yea you on working out 4 days!!! That, in itself is a HUGE barrier overcome. Keep it up!

My promise to you and myself is that I will work out tomorrow morning for even just 20 minutes!!! The bike! So you heard it here first! Thank you for encouraging me!

Good luck with exercising tomorrow. I know you can do it. You know why? Cause I did it and that is almost a miricle. and we are Michigan girls. We can do anything. I'll be checking on you. (ps I did my 30 minutes tonight; almost thought it was going to kill me but i did it.) So good luck. Have fun. Enjoy.

angie
angieks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 08:32 PM   #77  

Wink

Hello all!

Snowing again! They predict another 3 inches tonight.....so it is here to stay and I might as well readjust my attitude. It helps if you think of winter driving as a contact sport.

Colleen.....Welcome! I hear you on the scale woes. It doesn't matter if I weigh every day or once a month.....it is just facing up to the reality that weight loss is never easy.

Cacmsc.....A goal of 50 miles this month! Wow! That sets the bar for the rest of us! I like your thinking of preplanning for parties....very important for this time of year!

Julie.....YOU CAN DO IT! Girl, I have seen you in action and there is no stopping you! Don't plan on exercising 'after work' or 'tomorrow morning'.....Do it now! Get everything in motion.....even if it is for 10 minutes!

Angie.....You have exercised 4 out of 5 days and stuck with your program too! It is official.....you have committed!

I think that is what I need too.....some committment. Diet and exercise have been sporadic and half-hearted at best. This is the week.....back on track!

MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 10:47 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 214/190.5/149

Height: 5'5"

Default Back on Track - yup, that'll be me

Hi all,
I'm new here too and definitely need to get back on track. I always seem to have a million excuses to put off The Plan: not enough time, can always start tomorrow, can't start before Christmas, can't exercise when away from home etc etc. My goal is to do my level best every day. My routine is always to tell myself 'I'll do my level best, starting first thing in the morning.' So - my goal is to internalize Now or Never
Laynee
Laynee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 09:08 AM   #79  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default I did it!

Yes! Got DD off on the bus this morning and still had time for a workout (after I had to go searching for the puppy who was in the garage when I shut the automatic doors...anyway!) 20 minute 1 mileWATP with Leslie! Felt good! Thank you all for your words of encouragement. I really feel like I can start doing this again! Now, let's shoot for tomorrow!! And then the weekend! We shall do this one day at a time, though right???

Angie, where do you live in Michigan? I am in Muskegon where we are getting dumped on by the Lake Effect Snow machine! Woo Hoo! DD loves the snow (she's 7) and we have 2 Siberian Huskies who love it too! DH...not so much, but if I can drag my butt outside, I love it too! Maybe some sledding will be in order this weekend! Hope you get your workout in today! Keep posting...NO MATTER WHAT!!!

i'M UP FOR A ONE WEEK CHALLENGE IF ANYONE ELSE IS WILLING! I'LL POST DETAILS LATER IF I HEAR SOME FEEDBACK.

MSRD...are you getting dumped on too? It's hard to get back on track with the holidays lurking right around the corner and so much to do, but we must stick together!! I had to LOL at the "contact sport" comment!! That is funny!

Jennifer...ARe you out there, chickie? I think I got my MSN messenger back up again, too, so maybe we can find some time to chat this weekend. I'll send you all my stats!! Have you dug out your WATP tapes yet? What about your Preccccioussss! Dusted off or clothes taken off??? LET'S GET MOVING...ALL OF US!!!

Elisha...Hope you are enjoying your time away from home! Get back here and get us motivated, eh?

Laynee...Welcome! Hope you got moving yesterday...or at least today!

Gotta run all...I'll try to stop back tonight!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 12:08 AM   #80  

[QUOTE=hikein2005;1491214]Angie, where do you live in Michigan? I am in Muskegon where we are getting dumped on by the Lake Effect Snow machine!

I'm in South east MI Avoca. 20 miles from Port Huron 60miles from Detroit.
We are just starting to get snow. So far we've been lucky.
Hey--Hooray for you once you get into the "groove" of exercising it becomes easier. Tonight I didn't think I was going to do it--but I figured it would be too easy to stop altogether if I skipped a day. So I got on the bike, read my book and pedaled for 30 minutes.
About the One Week Challenge--I'm up for it--just let me know the details.

Happy Exercising
Old 12-08-2006, 09:08 AM   #81  
motomom

Default Another day...

I did it again today! Yea me! WATP 20 minutes, 1 mile! I was just writing to my friend Jennifer and said:
"I can't beleive how easy it is and how much I missed doing it! Why didn't I start sooner? My foot isn't bothering me as much these days but I noticed yesterday that it was hurting more...I'm just gonna have to be tough and deal with it! I'm much more tired of my back always hurting and feeling drained! Besides, I always have my bike if my foot hurts too much!"

I had developed Plantar Fascitis in the spring of 2005 and it hurt me to even walk on my foot. I finally got some customized orthotics for my shoes and it seems to have gotten better, although sometimes when I am on my feet for long periods of time, it does get "tender". But like I said, I can always get on the bike!

Angie...I'm proud of you too...for sticking with it! And for being here for me when I needed someone! You were just the person, I guess! I have never heard of Avoca, but my uncle has some property over in Lexington. We go over there almost every summer or fall for a weekend. The shoreline is so different over there from the shoreline over here. But it is still beautiful!

OK...Here's the challenge! Basically, for anyone who wants to join it, it's just a motivator to stay focused only on exercise for one week...do something every day! Post your minutes (or miles or whatever you want to keep track) here every day! Check in (that means post!) with us every day even if you didn't exercise (that goes for me too!) and why! Sometimes, I think the "why" part helps us to see that we really don't have a very good "excuse" for not taking care of our bodies! And...it helps to just write it down and talk with others about it. I'm not going to worry about food this week...just focusing on gettting back into the exercise routine...for all of us!!!
Jennifer, MsRD, Angie, Elisha, Laynee, cacmsc, Colleen, and anyone else who wants to join!!! Here we go.....

Old 12-08-2006, 01:29 PM   #82  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

im in i need an arse kickin LOL
anything to get me movin
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 08:44 PM   #83  

OK...Here's the challenge! Basically, for anyone who wants to join it, it's just a motivator to stay focused only on exercise for one week...do something every day! Post your minutes

Cool -- when exactly do we start?
12-08-06 eliptical 10minutes
12-09-06 long walk 40mins
12-10-06 eliptiacal 30 mins
12-11-06 eliptical 20 mins
12-12-06 eliptical 30 mins
12-13-06 eliptical 30 mins
12-14-06 eliptical 30 mins

Wow I made it a whole week.

Last edited by angieks; 12-16-2006 at 11:02 PM.
Old 12-10-2006, 10:22 AM   #84  

Arrow

Happy day to all!

Did the weigh in this AM, and was pleasantly surprised that the scale did not move.....eating has been a little,ummm, shall we say.....unhealthy?!

Laynee......WELCOME!! I love your attitude of doing your 'level best every day'. That breaks this journey down to day to day .....and every baby step we take contributes to our long term success

Angie.....Good going on the biking exercise! I know if I skip a day or two, it is always harder to put the exercise back in my schedule.

Julie.....An exercise challenge! Perfect timing! I am going to do Leslie's 1-mile EVERY day this week.....maybe by weeks end I will be doing the 2-mile!

Michelle.....Good to see you again! Consider your arse kicked.... ..what kind of exercise will you be doing?

Elisha.....How was your trip? I forgot to ask if it was for fun....or for work? Are you with us on the exercise challenge this week?

I did some Christmas shopping yesterday. Goodness but there were a lot of people in foul moods in the malls. I lost count of the folks who pushed by me in some sort of hurry.....or cut me off in traffic, horns blaring. Sheesh! I just kept smiling and waving.....probably irritated them all the more
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 11:37 PM   #85  

Hi all.
How is everyone doing on their exercise? I had to really make myself do it today but feel great for having done it.

I know the only way I have been able to stick with it is having friends like all of you.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:28 AM   #86  
"workin' on my fitness"

Height: 5'10"

Morning! busy week with the Roid on vacation, but I'll take twice the work for all of the peace and quiet anyday! This weekend, we worked outside a little, getting poinsettas settled on wrought-iron planter stands in front of the house, and then trying to figure out how to insert hooks into cement around the window. Hubby forgot that it wasn't wood, so it looks like we're going back to the drawing board on that one. Did laundry, and tried to get a little bit ahead before company comes next Friday. Dang, that gets closer & closer, doesn't it?

Sunday we met some of the neighbors who were cruising through the neighborhood, who came up & introduced themselves. In January, they are starting a neighborhood watch system, so we're on the list for that, and basically just shot the breeze with them for a little while out front. Nice to get to meet them, since most people are friendly, but stay to themselves most of the time.

My only good diet news to report is that I have breakfast and lunch packed, and I promised Julie that I would do the 1 mile WATP today after work, even if I had to curse her throughout the tape. I'm stiff, and sore, and fed up with this, so I'm slowly narrowing my focus, and once our company is gone, I am ready to move into full swing by then.

Oh- and this weekend, I tried to trick hubby- when he was falling asleep on Saturday night, I was fake-hypnotizing him. "You are getting sleeeeeepy. Your eyes are getting heavy. You want to go get my bike." We got sidetracked with yard work & a neighbor helping us remove rocks, but at least the seed has been planted! LOL.

Hope everyone has a great Monday. Julie, I'll be cursing you later today!
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 08:56 AM   #87  
motomom

Default Monday AM

OK...so here I am after a busy weekend with all the Christmas preparations (still not done, but put a good dent in it all)...

Exercise this weekend was all of the above...didn't get in any "formal" WATP, but intend to today...until...

I woke up this morning with an infected ingrown toenail! Oweeee! My toe hurts to put pressure on it, so I skipped WATP and did some toning and weights. I will do more tonight also! Not sure how the bike will feel, my toes are always "crunched" when I do the bike, but will try! Anyway...have a busy day planned and hope to get lots accomplished at work and at home tonight!

Angie...so glad you are doing the exercise every day! Yea!!!

MsRD...I was probably one of those people who did the pushing...I was in a hurry when I hit 6 stores in 3 hours (2 in the mall) and people were just lollygagging!!! Geesh! Don't they know Christmas is gonna be here soon??? LOLOL!!! Glad you are joining us for the exercise challenge! Are you going to be joining Jennifer in the cursing this afternoon??

Elisha...hope your trip was good. WE miss you!

Gotta run! Catch you all later! I'm going to do an "official" weigh in today!
Old 12-11-2006, 09:23 AM   #88  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Morning everyone!

I'm back from San Francisco, and it was absolutely awesome! One of the best vacations I've ever had! I just went for fun, a surprise visit to a friend, actually, and we had a BLAST!

However, now I've got a cold, and I'm absolutely exhausted.

I had a very productive weekend though. Yesterday I put up our Christmas lights outside, and I baked some healthy versions of banana cookies and banana nut bread. They actually turned out better than I expected. And I got some of my Christmas cards and thank you cards done (until I ran out of stamps, that is), and other random stuff.

I'm not sure if I can handle staying at work today, I am so flipping tired. This cold just has me drained. Ugh.

On the plus side, I've been drinking more water (and some green tea because I feel so crappy), and I haven't been eating a lot. Last night at dinner there was actually food left on my plate, and that is very rare with me. I haven't been on the scale recently though, and I admit I'm kind of afraid to see what it says.

I'd say I'm in for the exercise challenge, but I don't know how logical that is considering that I'm sick. Right now I'm having problems sitting upright, let alone doing aerobics.
We'll see.

OK, I've got a meeting to go to. I hope you all have a wonderful day!
Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 09:30 PM   #89  
motomom

Default Good News

Yes! I weighed today (guess Monday is my official weigh in day now!) and I'm still at 182, fully clothed! So yea! I haven't gained any more weight but still feel th need to get it OFF of me!!! ARGH!!

So, I guess starting today with the exercise challenge!

12/11-10 minutes of toning! (Blah! That's a pathetic start!)

Tomorrow I am going to try to get my 20 minute WATP in. The toe is still tender, so I will play it by ear in the morning!

Hope everyone had a great day and that there wasn't too much cursing going on this evening!
Old 12-11-2006, 11:01 PM   #90  

julie, how is your toenail? Hope its feeing better. Hey 10 mins of toning is not pathetic. It beats sitting on your butt doing nothing. and considering your painful toe--I'd say its a great start.

Elisha--would you mind sharing your healthier banana nut bread recipe? I was thinking it would be great to have a recipe like that. Hope you are feeling better.

Jennifer--did you get your chance to curse Julie. If it makes you feel good, you can curse me,too while exercising.

I got 20 mins in on my eliptical machine. I feel awsome. Wish I looked awsome--but that'll come as long as I keep it up.
"See" you all tomorrow night.
angie