Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 11:45 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 184/174.8/132

Height: 5' 4"

What do you do when you are gone all day? Do you pack a picnic for yourself? Maybe I will do that for tomorrow. I think I have some ice packs in the fridge. We are going to Apple Hill tomorrow with my three boys and the grandparents. Wish me luck!!
Old 11-05-2006, 01:39 AM   #47  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Sherry I am so glad to see you posting! and great job at exercising!!! I try only to buy healthy food for myself, but DH cooks for him and the kids (I work evenings and pack my dinner with me) and they need something quick and easy so they eat alot of PastaRoni or Ricearoni with their chicken. Hopefully you get to relax some after you get your report in.

Loveandlaughalways: When I am out for the day, if I know I will go to a fast food place I find their website and choose something lower in calories. At least I can make an informed choice. I rarely pack a lunch when I am out but it would be a better choice! That way it is easier for you to plan out your calories.

Still no answer on the exercise equipment, my mom was moving most of the day. But I will completely understand if she says no.
Old 11-05-2006, 08:14 AM   #48  
Suz

S/C/G: 175/128/120

Height: 5'6"

Good morning, lovely ladies...

Just popping by to say a quick hello. Yesterday DH and I went to my hometown in the Poconos (I hadn't been there in years!) for my dad's girlfriend's mother's 90th birthday party, which was a huge big-deal party with food and drinks and everything. I really thought that I would have a tough time handling the temptation... but the food was REALLY bad, so I had no trouble at all! A blessing in disguise! Of course, I didn't say anything because I didn't want to offend, but I was secretly glad that the food was awful.

I think I remember where I put my Winsor Pilates discs, and what with all the talk over on the Exercise Challenge thread, I may try to find them this afternoon. That'd be a great way to help me get a fifth and maybe even a sixth day of exercise into my week - just pop in the disc and go! I like those exercises because they are lengthening and improve flexibility, which I think will go a long way towards helping all the strength and cardio I've been doing.

Have a happy, healthy day, everyone!
Old 11-05-2006, 08:41 AM   #49  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Hi everybody. Hope your weekend is going well.

Jcat it sounds like you had a blast out with the girls, that's great. I sure hope the exercise equipment works out for you. I wouldn't even have a place to put all that stuff.

Rowdybliss- I had the same thing happen to me about a couple of months ago, had this big family kinda get together and was dreading it because of all the food and the temptation and everything was AWFUL - it was great, didn't overeat a bit.

A slow kind of a weekend here, we went with the kids to Target yesterday afternoon and then we went out for dinner, the kids and hubby each ate these huge steak sandwiches with coleslaw and potato salad and I had a cup of minestrone soup and a bite of my daughter's sandwich. Then I came home and ate 2 pringles, 2. They're 10 calories a chip. Should have exercised more, no surprise there.

Have a great and healthy rest of the weekend everyone.
Old 11-05-2006, 12:29 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 192+,size16/ 164,12/ 150,10

Height: 5'7"

Good morning everyone! It's a beautiful sunny morning here, but I'm working a bit more on the report.

Today is my scheduled day off from any formal exercise, but I might do a yoga or pilates DVD. I truly feel like doing some kind of exercise, and I don't get that feeling too often, so think I should go with it.

loveandlaughalways, when I was really "shrinking" fast (I lose pounds very slowly, but was losing inches rapidly), I took food everywhere. It's a lot of planning and a little more work upfront, but worth it. I would think about where I was going and how long I would be gone, and pack accordingly. What helped is that I often cut a lot of vegetables at one time on the weekend, or I cooked several chicken breasts for wraps and salads. Doing things like that is a major time-saver when you get busy and want to grab something to eat. What is Apple Hill? It sounds like it could be a lot of fun, but watch out for apple pie! And I am thinking of you now and hope it goes well!

Jeni, at least your husband is cooking and not feeding your kids fast food. I don't know much about pastaroni and ricearoni, but I would suspect the biggest problem with them is the sodium. I know about needing quick and easy dinners during the week. We're both pretty busy with work right now and we end up eating out a lot. So I'm trying real hard this weekend to plan some quick and easy meals. We might end up eating the same 6-10 things over and over, but it's better than eating out all the time. I'm roasting a chicken tonight (prepared a garlic and herb rub, rubbed it all over the chicken, and the chicken will sit in the fridge till late this afternoon). Then I'll use the leftover chicken one night this week to make Greek Pizza. We also have mahi mahi marinating for tomorrow night. The plan is to have mashed yams (I purchased them pre-cut at Trader Joe's) and fresh green beans. All 3 items cook very quickly.

RowdyBliss, good job on staying away from the awful food! I am having serious willpower problems with food and will eat almost anything if it's in front of me. That is my biggest challenge now. In fact, I pack my healthy lunch and snacks and take them to work almost every day. But often people bring in donuts or chocolate and I decide to eat that instead. And you know what? It doesn't really taste that good but I eat it anyway! I know I can get over it; have done it before.

"fed" up, congrats on eating soup while the rest of your family ate huge steak sandwiches with all the trimmings. I am in awe of your willpower; when I go out, I like to "celebrate" and eat what everyone else is eating. That must change, I know. Maybe you can get in some exercise today?
Old 11-05-2006, 04:04 PM   #51  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Sherry I am having the same problem with food, which really sucks because I want to get as close to my Thanksgiving goal as possible. I have 9 pounds to go, I am exercising alot, but I am having some troubles with saying no ice cream and candy bars.

Fedup-Great job on eating out, and only 2 pringles!!! (I love pringles!) I just cant eat them at all because I just cant stop!

Suz I really like doing my pilates for the same reason! I am glad you were able to stay away from the food!

LoveandLaughalways: Have fun!!!

Tonight at work I am going to be a cleaning machine. When it rains outside we are slow slow slow!!! This is the time of year when we clean the entire building (inside) with a toothbrush! I am not kidding. So I will get quite a workout in my arms! I hope everyone has a great day!!!
Old 11-06-2006, 01:43 AM   #52  

Default MMMMM Pringles!

jcat you are doing great only 9 pounds to go; that is awesome! Maybe buy some fat free, sugar free ice cream and only have 1/2 a cup every evening. and count the calories.

As for candy bars, I am no help there; I shouldn't have left the Halloween candy by the front door. My son upset me tonight and I grabbed one on the way into the computer room. Luckly it was only one and luckly they are almost all gone, thanks to my kids and my husband.

Apple Hill (It's an apple orchard quite popular in this area only open twice a year) was fun. Walked alot and only cheated once with a couple sips of apple shake from my son.

Fed up great job and I love pringles too!!
Old 11-07-2006, 04:33 PM   #53  

Obstacle 1: Huge cravings when going someplace away from home.

Cravings are gone for now thanks to TOM starting; started early this month, lovely.

Obstacle 2: Lack of exercise and motivation to continue to exercise.

Exercise is great thanks to November exercise challenge. 7 days of success!

Obstacle 3: Lack of support from husband who wants and could care less if he eats unhealthy or exercises.

This morning I made him 5 lite sausages (200 cal), cut up small raw orange(45 cal), and 1 hard boiled egg(77 cal). He just looked at me funny and ate it. LOL I looked up his weight and calorie intake to lose weight and told him if he ate 2000 calories per day that he would lose 1 pound a week without exercise. Told him that the mochas he drinks have 600 to 800 calories in them. That is half his calories. Just a little seed I planted what he does with that info is up to him.
Closed Thread