3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   5-10 Pounds to lose by Turkey Day Challenge! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/96848-5-10-pounds-lose-turkey-day-challenge.html)

Jasmine31 10-31-2006 12:51 PM

Stevi-rocks:

Quote:

kay, well...since I last posted I've dropped 2 lbs....yippee. My exercise has gone straight to the hot place since I threw my back out 3 weeks ago. Its simply not the same yet. I'm seeing the chiropracor once a week. Had a Halloween gig ( I sing lead vocals in a cover band ) and my back was just aching sun and today ...he fixed it today though! I would marry that man if 1) we both wheren't ALREADY married and 2) he wheren't 100 years old. lol
That is great!!! WTG!! I am glad to hear ya got it fixed!!

Quote:

I'm not into greasy foods, fast food/soda so thats not an issue with me..Its the BAKED GOODS!!! I love cookies and brownies and muffins! X-mas is gonna be killer for me as I love to bake. Oh chocolate is good too.
Oh my gosh I hear ya! I have been doing pretty good with that. I think between the slimfast and the amaretto creamer in my coffee every day I get enough sugar. I LOVE baked stuff to although probably not as bad as you! I can keep it under control. I will usually bake some blue berry muffins 1-2 a month cause that makes me feel like I am having a treat w/out it being too bad for me. Once a month generally I just have to have a slice of pie!! I need to find low fat low sugar recipes cause I would love to have desert every sunday. :(

Today for a treat I am making halloween ghost cupcakes for the kids! I am limiting myself to just one and a smear of frosting!

Quote:

Jasmine~ Haven't seen you in the 30's thread...CUZ YOUR TOO BUSY HERE!!! You are so generious with your time and knowledge...good Ju Ju to you! I keep Beef jerky in the car for those "I'm gonna die if I don't get something NOW" moments.
Aww thanx! I know I need to get my butt back in there!! :lol: Are you calorie counting? I can run one for you too! I need to keep some extra snacks in my purse!

Quote:

Anybody tryed the Mission carb balance tortillas?? If you are lacking fiber these things are PACKED! 24 grams in a LG tortilla. And they are very yummy. I hav em with turkey bacon, egg whites and salsa. MMMmmmm.
No I haven't. They sound good though and I love tortillas! Ill have to look for em!

Hun.e.B:

Quote:

Doing a late check in because I need to refocus tonight. I dont know what my problems is I've been so horrible with my eating today. and the chocolate...oh the chocolate! Dove dark chocolates...evil evil!! I almost feel sick I've had so many. And I way over did dinner. Its like I've got this bottomless pit thing going on, no control, and my goals havent even stopped me tonight. I REALLY need to pull myself together and remember why I'm doing this.
I know what ya mean! I am being slow about losing right now to so it is harder to stay focused! We can do this though! Even if it takes twice as long. Don't lose sight of the big picture!

Quote:

Jasmine....16 is a GREAT goal!! I have every faith you'll reach it no problem! And that walking!!! OMG!! You are amazing!! Keep it up!
Thanx!! I think I can do it. I think I just may need to cut my portions on my bad nites. Its annoying cause the cals are still the same and the fat % is only at 30% but I think it has to be lower to make a difference! :(

Losing4another:
Quote:

I love this having to check in daily. I need a challenge that will keep me on track daily
Welcome! :hug: I found last month when I first started my walking and halloween challenge, I was actually surprised to see how seriously I was taking it! :lol: I had a blast and am glad to have more!!

martiniforme:

Quote:

Jasmine: Seriously. You are a DOLL! No expectations of myself, except that I stay on track, and stay strong. But the prospects still excite me! I managed to get my cal count just over 2000 today. Praise the peanut butter Gods! LOL! Also, added more fruit to my daily meal plan I want to add fruit to my breakfast, but right now I just like having the same thing over and over so I can just go, eat it, and not have to think to much about it. Then I sit down right after breakfast, and plan my day
Awww, your welcome. It wasn't hard! Fruit is a great thing. Lots of health benefits from it! I also notice a huge difference the days I start with fruit and don't. If I don't there is like this hunger button that will NOT turn off!! I have started doing a tbs of peanut butter some days too. Make sure you get an accurate measuing spoon and not just from the set in your drawer. I started using the reg measuring set and 1 tbs is actually equivalent to 2 spoons from my normal sets!

Yeah I am hoping my hubby can quit eventually too! until then pack on the vitamin a! It seems people who get some lung diseases are severally depleted in vitamin a. Also there is a ton of fruit that actually helps fight cancer cells! (It is all in the healthiest food link on page 1) So til you quit the best thing you can do is down the fuit and veggies! Grapefruit is supposed to be really good for that too!

Lovestorun:

Hello!!

Quote:

Well today I did not run. I really felt it would be best for my back if
I took the day off. Yesterday all day my back was sore from my early
morning run. Rather be safe than sorry. I will be doing alot of walking
tonight as we will be taking the kids trick-or-treating. Now all I have to
do is manage to stay out of their goody bags. We will be going to my parents house which is literally right around the corner from our house.
My dad is going to make his homeade chili it is the best. Just have to keep it to one bowl... if possible
Yes if you are hurting then you need a break for sure! :D Chile sounds good right about now!!

Quote:

Jasmaine-Keep up the great work walking -I am with ya when you say you hate rushed days -I struggle with those too.
Yeah I don't even know how any of you ladies manage to do this stuff and work!! Ill post how I did tonite! Happy halloween everyone!

jubileloo 10-31-2006 01:03 PM

sounds like a good goal to me. :D

Jasmine31 10-31-2006 01:34 PM

Hi jubileloo! How are you doing today?

sugarbaby269 10-31-2006 02:01 PM

Feeling quite blah today with this head cold... :(
Went to the gym last night and did about 45 minute workout but I doubt I'll go walking today unless this cold medicine kicks in.

Dinner last night was roast with potatoes, carrots, onion
I made a spiced maple cake that was heavenly... or maybe not... maybe it was of the DEVIL!!! :devil: LOL I rationed me out a little piece and it was so good.
Today:
B-grapefruit and protien bar. (not on my diet but I'm tweaking this one here and there)
S-not really hungry cause of this lousy cold
L- Tuna and salad and maybe some rice cakes
S-popcorn? Veggies
D-Chicken fajitas with veggies and refried FF beans

SoonThin 10-31-2006 02:28 PM

Please count me in! I would love to lose 10 by Thanksgiving.

Starting weight - 255

Exercise - 60 minutes of cardio 4 to 5 times a week.

Eating Plan - Portion control, healthy snacks, and lots of water!

Tisha___ 10-31-2006 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasmine31 (Post 1455276)
Hun.e.B:
Tisha___:

Hi hun! I am so glad to have ya!!! :hug:

Everything sounds good! Be careful with the low carbs and remember that not all carbs are equal. If you want a link I can pm ya one! ;)

Me? I'm not doing low-carb. I think you just read my post wrong. lol I just copy/pasted your original list into mine and answered them like questions. Low carb was one of your examples. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hun.e.B
Tisha...congrats on 17 lbs gone!!! That is so awesome!!! Keep up the great work!

Thanks! I just can't believe it's actually working this time!

Well, I'll be back tomorrow to officially post. There are still 10 hours of Halloween left. :D

Neesy_20 10-31-2006 04:54 PM

I did really well in october.. I hope to do well this month and exceed my expectations. I really haven't gone to the gym the past week but still managed to knock off 5 pounds. It is so exciting! I have clothes that I can fit in again which is a great incentive. I can really tell a difference. So, I'm just gonna keep doing what I did last month plus exercise at least 4 times a week and calorie count. My starting weight, as of today, is 220. Good luck everyone!

PellMel 10-31-2006 08:24 PM

Ugh, I feel awful. Had a cold all weekend and still have it full swing, so exercise has been nearly nil as I really don't want to aggravate my lungs any more than they have been. I'm going to stretch tonight to open up my back and chest a bit, though. Oye, it's been so gorgeous here all I want to do is be outside walking in the leaves through the college! Although it's only in the 40's. Doing decently foodwise, had a bit of a problem last night mostly due to my habit of starving all day and going ape-**** at night. Anyway, thanks for listening to my rambling.
Words and rhapsody to all.

Losing4another 10-31-2006 10:03 PM

I did it~ got thru Halloween :bat: I have 4 points left and instead of eating a candy bar I'm going to make myself a turkey sandwich .
24 daily points used and NO flex YAY ME.....Went trick or treating so even though I didn't count it I walked , walked , walked and walked. We went in a neighborhood where each house has AT LEAST a ACRE and the kids had so much candy their bags were breaking ....My feet hurt :lol:

Hun.e.B 11-01-2006 08:41 AM

Good Morning everyone! Well thats 2 busted days in a row for me!! I kinda knew yesterday wasnt going to go well and rather than plan for success I caved. We had McDonalds for dinner....can you believe that! McDonalds!! I dont even like McDonalds!!!! Its true what they say....failing to plan is planning to fail. On a good note I got in a good walk taking the girls trick or treating, lot of stop and go but at least it wasnt sitting on the couch right?! Today is going to be better! Much Much better!

I hope you all have a fantastic day too!!

~melissa

callystia 11-01-2006 08:59 AM

Hi ladies!

Boy, did I have a bad day yesterday, stress-wise. I am proud to say, however, that with the help of this wonderful site and my husband's support, I resisted the need to either binge or purge, and I'm feeling much better today.

Now, everyone's being good and throwing out the leftover Halloween candy, right? :D The holiday season is upon us, so we're going to have to be doubly diligent in guarding against temptation! We can do it, girls!

Hun.e.B 11-01-2006 09:52 AM

Way to go yesterday Callystia!!! A very successful day!! i bet that feels fantastic! We arent throwing out the candy here, my girls heads might pop off! LOL! But I will be staying out of it!! I could be in the 210s by newyears if I just stick to it and do this!!

~melissa

dollypie 11-01-2006 10:26 AM

Good morning everyone. Halloween is over and we gave away all of our candy, so no temptations at home, know I need to avoid the leftovers at work. I felt like my workout on the elliptical was never going to end today. I finished but was exhausted, but I did fit in a few weights. I think my goal for vacation will be to maintain. I am just really stressed about making good food choices. I am a calorie counter and it scares me to death to not be able to count all the calories I am eating. I am tryig to go on number of portions for that week and just be aware of what I am putting in my mouth.

sugarbaby and pelmell: I hope you two are feeling better today!

callystia: It is great that your husband is so supportive. Last night my husband ate so much candy while we were giving it out you would think he was a kid!

Hun.e.B.: Hey at least you got out walking tonight, so that will offset the McDonald's some.

Neesy: It is great to find clothes that you can fit to that you couldn't last year. I have a few outfits that I am able to were the fall and am really excited

martiniforme: You eating plan looked good, but why not try adding some more veggies to you diet as well. This will give you added fiber as well. I try to at least get 5 veggies a day.

Tisha___ 11-01-2006 10:56 AM

Well, I made it through Halloween and exceeded my goal. Now I'm ready to start my Turkey Day challenge! Wish me luck ladies!

:turkey:

Stevi-rocks 11-01-2006 11:30 AM

Happy Post Halloween!

I am happy to report a 1 lb loss this morning! I generaly weigh on Mondays but DH and I where wrestling around last night and He grabbed my pants (he was on the floor trying to pull me down) and they slid right off my hips to my ankles! LOL These are my old faithful jeans and are a 16. Had two bite sized chocolates yest and that was it for the candy.

Good luck Tisha!