Old 10-17-2006, 01:08 AM   #1  
So happy to be me :)

Height: 5' 7"

Default Christmas Challenge Chicks Week of Oct 16th - Oct 22nd

10 WEEKS!!! All right, ladies! Halfway there....

My eating is not yet under control. It could definitely be worse. I have not gone over my points value for the week, but I have not been a good girl. Apple pie? butter and sour cream on my potato? Yes to both. I am not happy with myself over those things, but I've just gotta move on.

On a bright note, I have done some good things! I have done intentional exercise twice in the last four days! That is an accomplishment for me, because I had gotten off-track with that. I made myself spend money on exercise videos, and I am going to get my use out of them! I got a beginner's balance ball workout, and a cardio dance dvd. Both felt good, and since I am such a beginner, will be good to grow into I guess.

I have tomorrow to stay on track. If I am careful, I will not go over my week's points. Weigh-in is Wednesday. I am bracing myself, trying to keep it all in perspective.
NewDay4MeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 03:11 AM   #2  
Coldblooded Thread Killa

Height: 5'3"

Christine, that's fabulous on the exercise! Congratulations! And I'll keep my fingers crossed for Wednesday's weigh-in.

(Newbie to the challenge, in case you didn't catch my post in the last thread.)

I have resumed counting calories in FitDay and am shooting for 1350 or so per day, from healthy food. No sugary things, and as little processed junk as I can possibly manage. I may "cycle" my calories throughout the week, but I haven't decided on that for sure; I'm a little afraid that I'll panic if I see too large a number in that total, too often, y'know?

However, it's that wonderful time right now, so I allowed myself an extra snack, which meant today's total was 1442. Water intake was 3 liters. Exercise was mediocre; I just danced. But at least it was good cardio, haha.
callystia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 10:37 AM   #3  

10 Weeks! I Have To Lose 2 Pounds A Week To Make My Goal.

How About Everyone Else?
flabbychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 12:39 PM   #4  

Flabbychic- I, too, need to lose 2 pounds a week to make my goal. I am so inconsistent with my losses that I am not setting my heart on it happening. To be completely honest, I am sort of re-thinking the whole "I should be to a certain number by a certain date" philosophy. I am going to work hard, push myself to eat right, and stick to this new-again cardio thing. If I do those things, I know my body will respond. If I have not lost 19.5 more pounds by then, at least I know I have done really healthy things for my body! And I will no doubt be smaller due to all my fabulous exercising and baby steps into weight training. OK, novel over.

Callystia- Welcome! That sounds like a good amount of calories to stick to, and especially with cutting out all the junk. About cycling- I found that when I tried cycling I was not disciplined enough to do it well. Even this last week, I think that the too-high calorie days half-way pushed me back into that mindset that I can eat whatever I want, that I can eat whatever the normal people around me eat. I just don't think that it is really true. But that was just me- I know lots of people find success on it.

Thanks, I really do need some support to stick with exercising. I have always been the inactive friend. When I went on vacation with two girlfriends, they got up early in the morning to jog on the beach, I was the one who slept in. They wouldn't invite me when they went to play basketball, because they knew I wouldn't go. The list goes on... This was even when I was still thin (135 lbs) It helps me see part of how I got so big. I just need to get over this sedentary mindset. Especially as I see how beautiful it is to be FIT and HEALTHY and have some muscle! Right now the thought of seeing me as a thin, fit girl is a dream, but I know that I can make it a reality!
Old 10-17-2006, 03:44 PM   #5  

Hey all. Well I am up one pound. I am not surprised last week we not a good week for me but I am pulling myself up this week. Made better choices today and I will go for a good brisk walk this evening. Have a great week everyone.
GoingGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 03:55 PM   #6  
Coldblooded Thread Killa

That's the spirit, GG! Right back up on the horse. Good luck everyone!
Old 10-17-2006, 07:14 PM   #7  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

wow forgot about this too.... i am down a total of 7.... 13 more to go
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 06:22 AM   #8  
Trying again

S/C/G: 368/see ticker/218

Height: 5'9.5"

Hi everyone .. has been a while since I posted .. but I am sticking to the challenge .. only 15 pounds to go for me .. only? oh well ...

I too use Fitday .. I bought it and have it on my computer .. I do it for my daughter too ... oh .. so far she is down 9 of her 20 pounds

My calorie limit is somewhere between 1800-2000 .... but this last week and a half I have been having a hard time getting to 1500 let alone any higher .. in fact today I havent even gotten to 1000 and I am really not at all hungry!

I have my Richard Simmons Disco Sweat dvd .. and while at the beginning it was a little hard learning the steps (almost gave up then lol) ... its great fun now and I do the whole 60 minutes a minimum of 3 times a week (although so far this month I have done it 5 times a week!!). I have just bought an elliptical trainer second hand ... but I have to wait until the 4th to pick it up as the people who are selling it are about 3 hours north of us and they are going to meet us halfway (very nice of them). My weigh in isnt until Friday ... and from the scales this morning I am down only 1lb since last Friday ... Im just hoping that I wont reach a plateau before I reach my 40lb goal ... actually .. to date from when I first started this weight loss journey (before the challenge started) .. I have lost almost 34 pounds! Shocking lol ..

Soooo .. its so far so good at the halfway mark for me

Great work everyone else!!
Nightkatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 01:38 PM   #9  

Today was my weigh-in. It could have been worse... I exactly maintained. I am at 181.5, the same as when I weighed in last Wednesday. Though not what I wanted,, I can live with it. I choose to look at it this way.... I am just gearing up for a GREAT loss next week! Woohoo!

Nightkatt- Sounds like you're doing terrific! Keep it up!

Sotypical- You are doing well, too! Drop in any time!

GoingGoal- You CAN do this. Believe yourself when you say it.

I did another exercise video yesterday. It was the Firm's Jiggle-Free Arms. Wow, that was not for a beginner like me. They were doing all this complicated step-work. So, I just kept moving, even though I was doing nowhere close to what they were doing most of the time. I bet it will get easier.
Old 10-18-2006, 06:37 PM   #10  

Height: 5'3

I'm back from my visit to the USA. I didn't eat good there because I ate all the things I can't normally eat here in Germany..But I still lost 2.5 lbs. in 2.5 weeks there...
gremlina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 06:54 PM   #11  
Coldblooded Thread Killa

That's great, Gremlina! I hope you had a good time here.
Old 10-18-2006, 08:01 PM   #12  

gremlina- What kind of foods do we have here that you don't have there? The only one that I can think of might be sourdough bread. On the flip side what kind of foods do you have there that we don't have here?

I am getting myself back on track. I am off to Salsa Cardio class in an hour.

callystia-Thank you for the words of support. Hubby is going through a midlife crisses I think. Hmm can women have those? I don't think we are aloud.

By the way both of you have interesting names what do they mean?

Last edited by GoingGoal; 10-18-2006 at 08:06 PM.
GoingGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 08:32 PM   #13  
Coldblooded Thread Killa

Callystia is a name I made up a few years ago to use online; it's my own form of "Callisto", which is derived from the Greek word kallistos, meaning "most beautiful".

Needless to say, it was chosen on a day I needed a confidence boost.

As a side note, I also reserved callystia.com and that name on a few other sites; if I ever decide to pursue my bellydancing to the point at which I actually perform in front of audiences, I thought it would be an excellent stage name. *blush*
Old 10-18-2006, 08:46 PM   #14  
I'm doing it!!!

S/C/G: 200/193/140

Height: 66.5

I am late but I would like to join in!!!! My goal is 2.5 pounds a week. So Christmas is...22.5 pounds from today.
i2kandoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 05:56 PM   #15  
Have U had your WATER yet

S/C/G: 172 / 159 / 145

Height: 5 '1.5"

Hey ladies!!!!!! I know I have been MIA. Got alittle side tracked. I started scholl online and been busy with that. But last week I was up to 165.0

This week I am at 161.5 I'm very HAPPY!!!!! Ya'll have a GREAT weekend and Stay Positive!!!!!! See ya'll soon.
jelly is offline   Reply With Quote