Old 10-12-2006, 12:01 PM   #16  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Hi Ladies! I hope everyone is doing well! Flabbychic where are you?? I haven't seen ya here in a while.

I am getting a tredmill today! Free from one of my husbands company's clients! My house is becoming a small gym!!!
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 12:04 PM   #17  
Suz

S/C/G: 175/128/120

Height: 5'6"

jcatron243: I'd heard about B50 complex supplements helping w/PMS... maybe I should try that, too... is it a supplement you can buy anywhere or is it something I need to get from my doc?

I ate terrible, terrible things yesterday, which I'm feeling especially guilty for in light of the fact that there is no gym for me this week. I find that this is where I fall short a lot of the time; when I'm busy, I don't have the time for exercise and I eat things that are bad for me because I'm on the go. I fail to plan for these things... and I end up slipping into old habits and then beating myself up about them, which makes it worse!

Lunch was a burger with swiss, onions and mushrooms... and dinner was just abysmal. DH came to watch preview night for my show last night and was ravenously hungry afterwards, so we went to the drive-thru... and you know what that means... I ate two fish sandwiches.

It has been such an exhausting week - I feel like I'm living in the Twilight Zone! I cannot wait until this week is over and life returns (hopefully!!!) to normal!!!
RowdyBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 03:06 PM   #18  
Calorie Counter

It's hard to not eat bad on hectic days. I try to make healthier choices when I eat out but sometimes its hard especially when I am hungry!! But, we have to let our "bad days" go and move on to the next day.

You can get B50 complex anywhere you get vitamins. It really helps with my mood swings. I take two a day for the week leading to TOM, the rest of the month I take 1 a day. It also helped me with my migranes. I used to take Imatrex for migranes twice a day (and my insurance would only pay for 6 doses per month. Boy it got expensive. But the B50 helped after 2 months of religious usage. (Although I was taking 4 a day as prescribed by my doctor). I haven't had them since.
Old 10-12-2006, 04:17 PM   #19  
WW point goddess!!

S/C/G: 278/278/180

Cool Hi!

Hi all,

Putting in my 2 cents for the chat today. I actually weighed in last night at work(I work at a hospital) and we were having a going away party. After I weighed in, I immediately lost the desire for another piece of cake! I knew I had gained, but I didn't realise how much. The frustrating part is that I KNOW I can do this. Last year I turned 40, caught pneumonia (on my birthday) but decided after my physical to lose this weight. I was actually doing really well, going to my ww meetings, etc and counting my points and had lost 37lbs. Well, the holidays rolled around and I kept saying that I'll get back on the wagon....Well here it is October, and I'm just climbing back on the wagon. I caught a glimpse of myself in my daughter's mirror and couldn't believe it. I've never been this heavy ever...so after the pity party with me and Keebler's here I am....Along with my goal of losing about 90 lbs, I want to run a 5k for my birthday in June. When I think about it, I wonder if I'm crazy but I want to prove to myself that I can do this. I have 2 daughters 11 & 6 and I feel old, and I'm tired of being out of breath, and having no energy. So this time I'm going to do it....and believe me...I need all the help I can get from everyone So I'll be making the most out of this chat!!! The funny thing is that my dh never complains about my weight...he always says I love you the way you are ...and I say cool...pass the Keebler fudge cookies!! So this time I'm doing it for me.....It's going to be hard to do with the stress of school(for me, I'm working on a second degree), being a soccer mom, and working full time nights,and keep dh happy ....but I can do it...my signature says I'm going to be a real hotmama22..that's hot mama to two girls!!!

Ok, I'm babbling.....I'll chat with everyone real soon!!!
hotmama22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 12:16 AM   #20  
Calorie Counter

Welcome to the challenge! Can't wait to get to know you! I have two kids also 3yo daughter and son will be 1 yr on monday! I have an 11 year old sister she talks too much
Old 10-13-2006, 10:09 AM   #21  
WW point goddess!!

S/C/G: 278/278/180

Talking Hi

Hi Jeni,

Thanks for the welcome. Two little ones...you go girl! My girls are a little farther apart, but still keep me very busy I can relate to your talkative sister. My 11 yo chats alot too...my dh says she gets it honestly! whatever....we are dealing with middle school hormonal drama, and everything that mom picks out as far as clothes and shoes are ugly..so get ready!!! ..
hotmama22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 10:14 AM   #22  
Suz

Thumbs up Drum roll, please...!

Happy Friday, everyone!!!

Today is my weigh-in day, and it seems I have lost a pound! That is somewhat amazing to me, especially because:

a) it's PMS time and I'm retaining water like a sponge;

b) I have not been to the gym since Sunday because of the stupidity of the week's schedule; and

c) my eating has been somewhat atrocious.

I don't get it. But hey, why complain! It's only a tiny loss... but slow and steady wins the race, right?

Keeeeeeeep going...
Old 10-13-2006, 12:08 PM   #23  
Calorie Counter

Hotmamma: Middle school drama, ewww. My friends who have older kids just had to deal with all that crap, now its High school drama for them, I just have the terrible 3's and potty training with my girl (I swear shell be potty trained before she graduates high school) AND my boy only sleeps 1.5 hours at a time, even in my bed (last resort for sleep deprived parents). BUT everything comes in stages, we have good stages and bad stages but it equals out in the end, or so I am told.
RowdyBliss: Congrats on the 1 pound loss! I think any loss no matter how big or small is great it is getting you closer to your goal!!

I love Friday the 13th! I am so excited for tonigh. My 13 yo sister is staying with me and I am goinog to FREAK HER OUT!!! Not really my mom will kill me. But I love all the superstitous people (like my mom) who won't leave their house. AHH I hope Walmart is empty!!!

I got a small workout trying out my tredmill yesterday, but my new toy turned into new toy for my kids. Hubby wasn't too helpful, so I let them play and today it is back to the grind. I am going to workout after Hubby gets home because I am going to be SOOOO BUSY today

I did eat really well though so I am still mostly on track.
Old 10-14-2006, 07:46 AM   #24  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi guys, sorry I haven't been on in awhile, been checking in every day though! I love to see the new faces and success stories! So welcome to you all if I haven't said so before.

OMG OMG I just noticed my tracker....lol...my lifetime goal, I've lost 73 and 73 to go! I'm halfway there! How did I miss THAT!

Been to gym three days this week, and I think I'll go again this morning or this afternoon, after DS bumper bowling. I hope I'll go, and not just lay around all day, its cold and gray and seems like a nice day to just stay warm and eat some soup. mmmmm...I should make some soup today. lol. I think I've heard this before on the site but I think it all the time....I always regret not going the gym when I should have but I NEVER regret actually going when I didn't want to. I'm always glad I did. But guess what! I heard my trainer LEFT the gym! I just assumed she was on vacation or something, but one of the other girls was talking about how they're losing all these people and her name came up and I was so SHOCKED! Kinda sad about it too, I really think she made a difference in my life. And part of me worked hard to recieve her praise and to impress her. Funny how the mind thinks eh?

I think I'll hit the Farmer's market this morning, there is one downtown every Saturday morning from 8a-12n and the last weekend for it is at the end of October.

Will check in again later....YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 01:59 PM   #25  
Suz

Default Back to the Gym!!!

The show opened last night, and we did a great job, if I do say so myself! The audience was laughing and we were having a good time... and I guess that's all that matters.

Now that the show is underway, it's back to the routine, and MAN does it feel great to get back to the gym! I went this morning - really had to drag myself out of the warm bed with the warm husband and the fuzzy kitties. I did a thorough workout, half-hour of cardio and then the Nautilus circuit, and now I feel tired but terrific. I really missed it this week. We are having glorious weather at the moment, and so I think I may take the dog for a walk tomorrow afternoon after the matinee... because he could use the exercise too!

How's everyone's weekend going?
Old 10-14-2006, 08:19 PM   #26  
Calorie Counter

Hi everyone! It's Saturday the day of the B-day party for my son.
1st Tommy cried all night last night, finally I told DH to deal with him not realizing that it was time for me to get up for the day so I overslept by 2 hours.
2nd DH and I had a huge huge fight because he hadn't done enough to help me get ready for the party so this morning I had so much to do and he let me over sleep and he wasn't working fast enough.
3rd I feel crappy because I haven't done any real workout since Tuesday.
4th I over ate on the pizza but only had a small piece of cake, but am currently eating Ice cream out of the carton (don't worry, I just don't want to do the dish, plus I got the 1/2 fat and 1/3 less cal ice cream) But I am only eating like 10 spoonfuls then I will put it away.
5th I had the worst case of the hiccups I have ever had.

Food wise I am just giving myself the day. I haven't had a day like today in over 2 months. I am just going to move on tomorrow.
(I put the ice cream away!)
I am going to get in a small workout tonight before I fall asleep.
I can't wait for today to be over.
Old 10-15-2006, 12:39 AM   #27  
Calorie Counter

I just put in my food into fitday and my calorie count wasn't as high as I thought it was! It was still under what I had planned for the day!!