So happy to be me :)

Height: 5' 7"

Default Christmas Challenge Chicks Week of Oct 2nd - Oct 8th

A new thread for us!
NewDay4MeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 12:48 AM   #2  
So happy to be me :)

Height: 5' 7"

Congratulations to so many of you... I have seen some great losses reported, and some very steady, faithful losers. Way to go, girls!

If it has been a while since you have been around, come on back! Let's try hard to motivate one another. With (nearly) 12 weeks left to Christmas, we can all still do some serious losing before then!

I have been thinking about this for a couple weeks, and have decided to make a change. I have lots the first third of my excess weight on my own, through calorie counting and exercise. I think, though, that I need more structure with forcing myself to choose good options when I eat.

I have decided to give Weight Watchers a try. I like that the points reflect the overall nutritive value of a food in a single number, a little better than just the calories.

So I'll see. If I figure out that I was doing it better, then I'm ok with that. But as far as commercial diets go, I think this one makes the most sense for me.

Happy weeks to all of you! Keep up the good fight!
NewDay4MeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 09:01 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 236/207/175

Height: 6ft

I don't look at WW as a commercial diet really ... its more of a nutritional class to me .. I learn what I should of learned a long time ago. What is healthy.. and what is over-eating. Portion sizes, how to read those nutrition guides and actually know what I am lookin for! How just a regular exercise routine or walk or movement makes a huge difference. What foods will fuel me ..and what foods will kill me. some programs just hand ya the food and say eat this for so many months and you will lose the weight. Well thats all good and well but what happens after I lose the weight ..how do I feed myself and not gain it back? WW teaches me something.. its up to me to use it. I think alot of people just were never taught how to eat healthy. I know I wasn't. Good luck with WW's .. either way am sure it will be a great experience for ya!

I am makin my way ... tryin to stay on track .. yesterday was busy as could be and just thinkin about goin to work today is makin me tired again lol .
Hope everyone is doin great!
owira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 10:38 AM   #4  
Have U had your WATER yet

S/C/G: 172 / 159 / 145

Height: 5 '1.5"

Hey Ladies!!!!!

NewDay~ Good for you! Hope you find that this will work for your lifestlye.

Owira~ I wasn't taught about all the right foods and waht not. But now my hubby and I know better and we teach our kids. Sometimes we have to bribe them with the bad foods But we show them waht bad foods could do to your teeth and health, my duaghter freaks out, she's only four

But ya'll have a good day!!!!! I finished my 56oz WATER and did my Pilates. And gonnaclean up a bit aroundthe house. Stay Positive and drink your WATER!!!!!
jelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 10:48 AM   #5  
61.25 POUNDS GONE!!!!

S/C/G: 329/266.75/190

Height: 5'7"

Jelly how in the world do you drink that much water in the morning? I would float away.

I try to drink most of my water during the day. I only have sodas once or twice a week.

Tonight I weigh in...I know that I am up but I am going to work extra hard this week to get it back off.

GUESS WHAT!!

Awhile back I told you I got fitted for my bridesmaids dress they had to add gussets and everything because it was way to small. Well I went back to try it on after they altered it. And now they have to take the gussets back out ...So we are waiting till two weeks before the wedding just in case I lose more ...

Hope everyone has a good day. Later Gators. Will jump on later and tell you how the weigh in went!
Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 11:13 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 281/281/170

Height: 5'11"

Hi ladies,

Busy weeks for me too, so I haven't posted in a while. These last two weeks weren't good, I'm 2 lbs behind, but I try not to get discouraged for just two pounds....
Congratulations to all of you, even if you didn't loose what you wanted, its important to stay with the challenge...

Ivy
Ivy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 12:33 PM   #7  

good morning everyone!!! so many posts to catch up on i am doing well and am determined to lose two pounds a week to be at my final goal by x-mas. i have no room for error or cheat days!!! i will do it! i am worth it!
flabbychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 05:56 PM   #8  
Chrissy

S/C/G: 187/130/101

Height: 5ft 1in

Default This challenge is awesome!

Hello girls,

I love how everyone is so motivated and upbeat. I can't find this anywhere else, especially in my family where everyone is thin as a rail and don't know what it's like to struggle with weight. I've been doing great. I do the DR. Phil plan which works good for me. The only trouble I have is that I'm not big on eating fruit, but fruits and veggies are a big part of the plan. I lost 2 more pounds this week! I know I can do this. I slacked off in the summer, but I am back on track and I will weigh what I did when I was 19!

PS Could someone tell me how to get my ticker from ticker factory to paste onto this post. I cannot figure it out! Thanks.

Chrissy

Starting Weight: 187
Current Weight: 128
Goal Weight: 108 BY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!
motochic467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 10:08 PM   #9  

S/C/G: xmas start wt: 156

Ivy..don't be discouraged. I am many pounds behind. I've actually gotten to the point where I've mostly given up and gone maintence, then my scale smiled at me this morning. I lost 2lbs! That's 4 since school started late August. What sucks is it better stick in spite of me because I went out with a friend tonight and ate chinese! I'm constantly amazed at how much smaller my portions have gotten. Since Ive stopped journaling my ratio of good food and bad food is out of whack but my portions are still pretty small. Today I had a single serving of cinnamon toast crunch, 1 serving of goldfish crackers, a good size salad, chicken with cashew nuts (chinese restaurant) and fried rice. I split my meal with my friend and we did not get the seconds on fried rice that they normally offer and I still had enough to take home and give to my husband! I guess I needed some fruit today!
DeafinlySmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 12:11 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 281/281/170

Height: 5'11"

DeafinlySmart, good job of eating, you made me crave chinese food...
You're right, sometimes I'm just in maintenance, and happy I didn't gain...
Ivy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 08:04 AM   #11  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Morning Ladies.

I just don't talk about weight anymore cause I am so far behind on this challenge. It is all about support, and that is one thing we get from here.

Fractured my ankle over the weekend. Ochie....good thing is it is in an air cast that can be removed at night. At least I can shower in peace.

Everyone stay focused and happy.

(((Hugs)))

Annie
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 09:40 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 236/207/175

Height: 6ft

to annie! One thing I have gotten from this whole challenge experience isn't the weight loss cause the last 2 weeks I have tanked on that but from all the support we get from others that know how HARD this can be. Setbacks and kicks in the gut from life and situations out of our control like your ankle. I don't think there is any way you could be *behind* in this- You are dealing with an injury .. and still tryin to find ways to keep on track when alot of us know that it would be sooo easy to use this as a reason to just toss ya hands up in the air and give in! But ya aren't girl! you are a motivator to all of us to keep watching our foods, our portions, there is so much more to being healthy than just one thing. Hang in there .. that foot will heal .. and you will be ready to hit the road again!

DeafinlySmart - like you I haven't been exactly uhm... cooperative on writing down what I have been eating and keeping track .. BUT!! I have noticed I am smarter about what I choose .. and how much I eat .. slowly but surely I am getting back into my routine of writing things down .. but .. usually the next day or uhm.. 2 days later .. eep! *hangs head* baby steps!! baby steps!! I keep tellin myself I will do right and do better but man ... its SO hard sometimes! or I am being SO lazy .. one of those .. lets not try to figure out which one it is .. laughs.. Its a big change to be able to do that ..and shows me that I have learned something along the way .. so Congrats to You!

MotoChic- You have to go into user cp thing and do your ticker ... then copy the html code and paste it into your signature *which you will see a link to the left in your user cp section* make sure ya remember to hit save changes! hope that helps

Ivy- Don't let that 2 lbs get to ya .. its killer if you start kickin yourself for something like that ... losing weight is not easy as you know and everyone else on here knows! some weeks will be slow .. others will be great! .. sometimes you can do everything right but still have no change cause of other things goin on with ya body .. the TOM and such kills us all the time! It is one of my biggest hurdles on not letting it get to me and knock me back! I just keep repeating to myself .. this is life ..this is nature... I can't fight that ..but I CAN fight that lil candy bar callin my name! I CAN make sure I get all my water! I CAN make sure I eat right .. then when this attack on my self esteem and my body pass's .. I will be right where I want to be!

NewDay- Update Us on ya WW choice!! How's it goin? what do ya think about it? Have ya learned anything ya didn't know? When I started it was a major eye opener to me on the points part... I was like geez .. no wonder I could work my butt off and have very little progress .. I was lucky that I had progress! sheesh ..the stuff I was eating daily .. I was just like .. wow .. so THATS what was goin wrong! just cause I thought I was eatin right .. didn't mean I was by any means! .. anyways .. just wantin to check in with ya and see what you think !

ok well short novel here but wanted to try to catch up and say hi .. so hi everyone! and keep on goin! small battles win that war!
owira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 12:23 PM   #13  
Have U had your WATER yet

S/C/G: 172 / 159 / 145

Height: 5 '1.5"

MOrning Ladies!!!!!!!! Have a GReat DAy! Stay POSITIVE!!! And drink your WATER
jelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 08:54 AM   #14  
My reward...

S/C/G: 272/270/220

Height: 6'3"

Morning all - i've been gone a lot since the Christmas Challenge started; but still working at it. Down a pound this week, but have TWO weddings this weekend and another next week. My hardest thing is the booze, food isnt as big a problem. Maybe i"ll just dance the calories away.....
TryinAgain5402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 01:57 PM   #15  
61.25 POUNDS GONE!!!!

S/C/G: 329/266.75/190

Height: 5'7"

Well I weighed in this week. Lost 1/4 lb. Not much but every little bit helps.

I am a little worried for next week I am going to Disney World. I am going to try to be sensible. But I am a big giant kid but I am going to be strong!!

Later gators

CHRISTMAS IN 11 WEEKS or 82 DAYS!!!!!!!! At two lbs a week a 22 lb loss is obtainable!!
Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote