Old 10-02-2006, 11:18 AM   #1  

Talking thanksgiving challenge weekly chat oct 1-oct7

hi everyone,

doing great here! yesterday i went off my fat smasah detox so know i will have to go an extra two days so i will weigh in on fri.ok though i didn't go crazy but just ate some foods not on the detox list. i can't believe i haven't weighed myself in a week! i am usually one that scale first thing in the morning. i do think i have lost at least two pounds this last week on the plan because i have noticed change in my body and clothes around my mid section and hips. we shall see when i step on the scale.
i have been trying on my pre baby pants and they are going on with ease and no muffin top which i think is odd because i am 15-20 pounds more. i think it could be the pilates and yoga. before i had my son i hit the gym for cardio and weight training now i do cardio and pilates/yoga. my body has completely changed ( must be why the clothes are ftting now). well i can't wait to see what i look like when i do lose the 15-20

jcatron and nurse michelle i hope you guys are doing great!
i have to ask again, WHERE IS EVERYONE
flabbychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 11:47 AM   #2  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

I think there may be just 4 of us left. It makes me so sad, but weight loss is so hard and so many people just give up when they don't see the results on the scale. I try to only get on the scale one day a week, but my personal records are Monday weigh ins, the thanksgiving challenge is Wed. So I do weigh myself both days. (Although Wed are usually the days that I show a loss.) I don't know If I am at a small plateau or if it is just that TOM os coming but as of today there has been no loss but a gain of 2 pounds TOM is on its way, so I am blaming that (and I am not changing my ticker yet)

Otherwise I had a good weekend. Saturdays are one of my higher calorie, days but I stayed below the planned amount which was great for me. All last week I had a feeling that I needed to step it up a notch so my average last week was 1325 rather than 1450. Today starts my strict exercise plan I am adding time on my stationary bike and adding weights to my strength training I normally do pilates, but I am moving to the advanced workout. Also I am going to start doing old fashioned sit-ups. My husband is helping me out with that one by holding my legs.
My sons first birthday is October 16th, his party is the 14th I would like to have lost 20 pounds by then. After todays weigh in I have 6 pounds to go. I am going to step it up a couple of notches, I just wish I could pay for one week at curves (without the joining fee) Oh well.

My husband wants to start the Fat Smash Diet and so I am going to buy him the book and see what he thinks.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 12:02 PM   #3  
Calorie Counter

Tuesday: I have today off so I think we are going to go to the movies tonight. I want to go for a long walk, but it is raining, so I will have to settle for walking at the mall. I may go for a short jog after the movie but I hate to go by myself.

I did my measurements yesterday and I was very disappointed. But it just makes me want to work harder. I try varying my speed and distance, forward and backward pedaling on my stationary bike, I had been adding 2 minutes a week to my time on the bike. I started at 15 minutes 8 weeks ago, now I am up to 50 minutes. I can't wait until I can do the full hour I think that I may try it for next week. I want to do the hour now, but I am afraid of overdoing it and burning out. I cant belive that Thanksgiving is next month. 13 pounds to go in 7 weeks.
Old 10-03-2006, 12:28 PM   #4  

i am doing good this morning i leave for the gym soon to kick my own butt
jactron- did you get the book for your husband? we have similiar goals. i want to lose 10 by halloween and that would leave me with 5 left before my thanksgiving goal i can't imagine actually getting there! i love the challenges.i need to lose 2 pounds a week with no off weeks or cheat days and i will be at my final goal by x-mas
the kiddos first b-day! have fun.... it is such a big milestone. mine just turnes two.

good luck to everyone! i think we need a roll call. is there just three or four of us?
Old 10-03-2006, 02:17 PM   #5  
Calorie Counter

We'll get the book tonight I think. If he likes it we will grocery shop for everything after the birthday party. That way he shouldn't have any temptations.

I am looking forward to friday when you weigh in so I can see what you think of it. I think there are 6 of us left. But I think a roll call would be a good idea for tomorrow. we can put our starting and current weights in. We can also invite more people to join in. (I think people are afraid to join challenges that have already started.) I would like to see more people in here, there are still 7 weeks left.
Old 10-03-2006, 04:23 PM   #6  

i won't weigh in tommorow but i will check in. i went to the gym this morning and since i started the fat smash detox i lost 2% body fat!!! in 7 days! that id crazy but i do feel the changes in my body. i will weigh on friday but the trainer at the gym said don't be suprised if it's not a huge number since i lost 2% body fat. oh well i'm excited anyway
7 weeks left that is 14 pounds i can rid myself of if i keep at.
Old 10-03-2006, 05:24 PM   #7  
Calorie Counter

wow 2 % body fat! Good for you.
Old 10-04-2006, 12:13 PM   #8  
Calorie Counter

I started a new thread called "thanksgiving challenge roll call, and invitation"
Can you guys post your starting, current, and goals over there? I am going to try and post a chart, I know it isn't going to be like Melyan's but it will be something.

I also invited others to join our ranks 50 days left!! I can lose my last 13 pounds for this challenge!!!!
Old 10-04-2006, 04:23 PM   #9  

i'm so stoked! i know we can hit are goals by turkey day
Old 10-04-2006, 07:06 PM   #10  

50 Days to Thanksgiving. I know I can keep on track, and I don't plan to sweat it if I don't get to 182. I picked that number because it is about 10% of my highest and it is the beginning of "new" weight to lose.

Also, DH says he will buy me piece of jewelry when I get to 180, not that I am a big fan of the stuff, but I do love my charm bracelets, he doesn't know I bought a new one for myself and it is getting engraved.

Glad you are open to adding new folks, I do like the 3FC site.

Sounds like most of you are all on the Fat Smash, I had assumed this was open to everyone even if not exactly on Fat Smash.
Sugar Cube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 07:38 PM   #11  
Calorie Counter

We are open to everyone! I am a calorie counter myself. My Husband wants to try the fat smash diet. I am happy with the results I am getting with good old fashioned calorie counting and exercise. Its exciting to see the results of any eating plan out there. Our friend "flabbychic" just recently started it and Friday is her weigh in day.

Glad you are here sugar cube! The more support the better!
Old 10-04-2006, 07:41 PM   #12  
size8can'twait

S/C/G: 225/200/139

Height: 5'9

Hi,
I'm Canadian, and we have our Thanknsgiving this weekend, but I would like to join your challenge! What day is Thanksgiving in the States? How does the challenge work? Also, how do I know if someone has posted a reply in response to my comment?
I have just started with fat chihcks, but it seems great!
ms.keq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 11:53 AM   #13  
Calorie Counter

Hi ms.keg
Nov 23 is our thanksgiving.
We post our starting weight and our goal Weight for the challenge and each Wednesday we weigh-in and post the results.

As for the replies to your comments, I myself just check in everyday, (I am home almost all day, I work evenings) I don't know if there is an easier/quicker way.
Old 10-05-2006, 11:57 AM   #14  

Mrs.Keg - Look at the icons on the screen, rolling the mouse over them will let you know what each means. You can find the threads you have posted to and if there is a post after your last time on the site.

jcatron243 - I am counting calories, trying to stay at or below 1440 per day. But mostly I am focusing on what I am eating, trying for a real quality of food, staying away from processed foods. I love to cook and have been redirectly my attention to better choices. So far, I have been able to eliminate the white rice, pasta, and potato. I still use diet soda, though rarely, and Splenda when I want something sweet. I also found a local ice cream made with Splenda.

The most serious change I have made is the portion size. Yesterday I figured out that one of my 1/2 cup measures is really about 15% over a half cup. Now I use the food scale and measure grams. It is keeping me mindful.

I have done Atkins in the past and really liked it as well as felt really good, but am too lazy to deal with it and cooking for a family. Plus I LOVE things like apples and squash and cereal, and with trying to decrease the substitute sugars, I just didn't keep it up.
Sugar Cube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 12:14 PM   #15  
Calorie Counter

I tried Atkins in between pregnancies, but it lasted only a week. I had trouble with the No carbs (or even low carbs). With both pregnancies I developed Gestational Diabetes so I spent 10 weeks with my daughter and 20 weeks with my son focusing on a diabetic diet which consisted of a certain number of carbs/protein with each snack and meal; and during my nutrition classes I learned about carbs and how different carbs (refined or complex) effect your well being.
I love calorie counting thanks to Fitday.com! I plan my meals and snacks in the morning and I try to follow it exactly through the day. I calorie cycle so I try to keep my weekly average to about 1450, although for the next 9 days I am going to 1350 (I would like to lose 4 pounds by my sons 1 st birthday) I also am working out like a mad woman.....I ride my stationary bike and alternate pilates and strength training everyday. Yesterday I kicked my own Butt! When I was finished I had such an endorphine rush!!!!!