Old 09-08-2006, 08:55 PM   #61  

Ahhh, DeafinlySmart hang in there girl. I know how the beginning of the school year can be tough. Its like all of a sudden we are thrown into hyper mode. Here is an idea. I don't remember if you said you had a family or not but if you do how about Dad take the kids out on Sat. invite a girlfriend over, break out a bottle of wine, turn on some music and do some freeze ahead meals together. I have one of those once a month cookbooks that I use to use during times like these. My friend and I use to have some girl conversation time while doing a little sanity cook aheads. Hang in there and don't try to battle everything in your head at once. You'll get to the top of this mountain one step at a time. We are rooting for you!!!
GoingGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 10:25 PM   #62  
Becky264

S/C/G: 210/177/140

Height: 5'2"

Default You're not alone!

Deafinly Smart: I could have written your last entry - except I had chinese today. I didn't go way overboard, but these last two days have not been "on track" like they should be. Busy at work, hectic personal things going on. Gotta concentrate --- don't derail. It's not easy.

Ok - tomorrow's another day -- (who am I - Scarlett O'Hara???) Every day is another day. We have a chance to start fresh every day. That's what I'm going to do. I find when I journal and write everything down that I eat -- I watch myself a lot more. I haven't written for 2 days. My journal will lay open on the kitchen counter - like it should!!

Good luck this weekend to everybody. WE CAN DO IT!
Becky264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 11:24 PM   #63  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Pixie ~ Good going girl! Are you a fan of Amy Lee too? Love her!

WOOOOOTTT Owira!

Awww thanks Jelly!

Hope everyone's doing okay.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 11:25 PM   #64  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

Oh yeah, I got my license today. Took freakin forever but I finally got it. And I don't feel bloated and crappy anymore. So it was a good day.
Old 09-09-2006, 12:18 AM   #65  

S/C/G: xmas start wt: 156

Thanks! I needed hugs. I am going to a party this weekend. Going Goals, funny you mentioned all that. I'm going to a friend's birthday WITHOUT the kids.

Half the problems don't stop at the school door. Not only am I thrown into hyper mode with first days back to school (work), but because I'm bipolar my sleep mechanisms get thrown off. I haven't slept right (except maybe 2 nights) in the last 3 weeks. My mind is in overdrive even when I'm off work. I think of new lessons. I think of the things I didn't get done. I think of new behavior management strategies I want to try on Monday. I think of teacher communication. I think of time to feel destressed enough to hold and play with my own babies. I think of catching up with friends (coworkers) I haven't seen all summer. I think of what I should have said to the Principal when she asked about a student. I think of my grocery list and more school supplies I need this weekend. I know I'm off work. Doesn't help.

I know the above are normal first of school year thoughts, but if my sleep doesn't get controlled soon, it might precipitate a manic or depression episode. That's what I'm trying to avoid. As it is, I'm mildly manic (overdrive thinking/doing). Regular episodes have grand thinking (I'm so hot at my job I'm smoking and everybody should do it like me..ahhaha) and tons of extra steps (really excessive energy), even less sleep (don't need it, not tired and a complete waste of time, and hard time focusing thoughts to get tasks done (the other stuff is fun, this is frustrating), and hard time remembering stuff (learned to write it down). I'm not writing this to say..awwww...but just that I got other things going on and those health issues come first. I've stayed on track (for the most part) a whole year and even though 26 lbs for the amount of time that has passed has lapsed isn't alot (don't say it is..I know better..lol), I love that I haven't given up so if I stop posting her more than 2 days ... stop me because that's key to this whole thing. I don't care if I move slow cuz I know I can only focus on a few things at a time and this takes a tremendous amount of energy. Although I feel like I've made nothing but excuses since I started this challenge (whereas I didn't really do that before), but Im really having to remember that I'm doing it for life so what's a few weeks. Keep reminding me that!

Last edited by DeafinlySmart; 09-09-2006 at 12:25 AM.
DeafinlySmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 01:49 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 257/241/140

Hello Ladies today was a good day not eating wise but thats ok. I'm starting 100% tomrow with the exception of a dinner on Sunday. I'm going to walk around the lake when I get up in the morning hipefully it won't rain. Today I feel new reborn a new day I hope everyone can feel this happy.

g
gggbdomino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 05:41 AM   #67  
used to be tofat

S/C/G: 189/128.5/130

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Hi gals, just checking in before my morning walk. I've been doing really good, and I am challenging myself to stick with it this weekend. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.........

Deafinly-Hang in there girl. It sounds like you know what you can do. Hope you're able to keep doing it through this rough spot.
ArtsyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 10:35 AM   #68  

S/C/G: xmas start wt: 156

Got my TOM..that explains some stuff.
DeafinlySmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 01:11 PM   #69  
Dreamy Eyed

S/C/G: 210/210/160

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonsLea View Post
Oh yeah, I got my license today. Took freakin forever but I finally got it. And I don't feel bloated and crappy anymore. So it was a good day.
CONGRATS!!!!!!
PumpkinPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 02:46 PM   #70  
Queen of Rationalization

S/C/G: 260/257/135

Height: 5'3

Congrats Jasonslea...I remember how much of a pain getting mine was...I actually ended up waiting at the DMV for three hours.

Well another day gone, and I'm still doing low carb. I had a dream that I started eating a grilled cheese sandwich dripping cheese and butter then moved on to cinnamin buns, french bread and better-than-sex cake. I was so saddened in my dream that I broke my diet. Then I woke up and remembered that I did really well and hadn't fallen into a binge. Serves me right for eating a fudge bar right before bed.

I hope everyone keeps going strong. It seems to me that this is the first real slump that everyone is experienceing at least a little bit, I know that my worst slump so far was a week and a half ago. So my two cents to add are that Christmas is still about fifteen(?) weeks away and there is plenty of time to get healthy and lose weight, try not to get bummed over the little things, especially since it's too early in the challenge to be disheartened.
c_laura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 12:25 PM   #71  
Have U had your WATER yet

S/C/G: 172 / 159 / 145

Height: 5 '1.5"

Hey Ladies !!!!! hope ya'll had a Great Weekend. Hang in there. Stay POSITIVE!!!! And drink Plenty of Water. Have a GREAt Day !!!
jelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 03:39 PM   #72  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

Thanks yall!

How is everyone doing? I worked so much overtime, this week straight through and I'm tired. but I'm going to do it again next week. I really need the money. No off days for me until I either can't roll out of bed or I get that night job.
Old 09-10-2006, 06:30 PM   #73  
So happy to be me :)

Height: 5' 7"

Default ramble ramble ramble

Yesterday I had my very first person come up to me out of the blue and ask, have you lost weight? My close friends and family know that I'm working on losing weight. But this was my ex-boyfriend's mom (it's complicated). I hadn't seen her in months, and it felt really good to have someone come up to me and notice and take an interest.

Even better, this weekend, I bought a pair of size 14 jeans. I had been wearing size 16s, so this was pretty dang exciting. Even the 16s were quite tight in the beginning... I was just in denial and wouldn't buy anything larger than 16. Gosh, the clothes are cut smaller and smaller, I would think to myself. But now, I can say that I am an honest size 14 in these pants, as well as still wearing some 16s.

On top of that, I am transitioning out of XL shirts. I bought plain old large shirts this weekend, that looked good on me. I actually even bought a size MEDIUM jacket. Okay, it's this big, oversized zip-up hoodie, but still!

My eating has not been perfect every day, but overall it has been good. I took a 45 minute bike ride today that really wore me out. So, all in all, things are looking up.
NewDay4MeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 06:52 PM   #74  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

YAY Christine!
Old 09-11-2006, 11:05 AM   #75  
Have U had your WATER yet

S/C/G: 172 / 159 / 145

Height: 5 '1.5"

Hey Ladies!!!!