Old 08-29-2006, 01:44 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 257/252/150

Cool Ground Hog Day :)

Hi

Today started really well. I managed to get through the day until 7:30 pm... when DH offerred me a "buster bar" and I insisted on having it... followed by a bowl of chocolate almonds ... I ate so many I feel sick .... ughh

I managed to get in three bottles of water ... before 4pm I might add...

Before dinner we took the dog for a 30 minute walk... it's been quite a while since I've done any exercise... so I'm starting slowly.

FOOD TODAY
(B)Shreddies w/1% milk & x coffee w/cream (X2)
(L)Turkey & jarlsberg cheese on two pieces of whole wheat non flour bread & a peach.
(D)6oz barbequed steak, 3 small boiled potatoes with 2t butter, steamed green beans
(S)Buster bar and TOO MANY chocolate almonds.

I hope I can make it through the entire day tomorrow, my new DAY 1, without a melt down. I THINK I CAN, I THINK I CAN, I THINK I CAN, I THINK I CAN, I THINK I CAN...

Later chickadees,
JoyG56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 08:00 AM   #32  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Reporting in...

Yesterday I...
Got in my fruits/veggies with each meal
Journaled all my intake (was over by 11 points, but still have 2 bonus points left for the week!
Didn't drink enough water! Waaaay under! Need to chug all day today!

That's all I have time for, so I'm starting over again today! Tonight is weigh in for WW for me! I'm hoping that little ticker will be moving this week...in the downward movement!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 08:57 AM   #33  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Yay Elycia! That's great that you made it through seven days! Congrats!

Vanilla and Meg, If you need any help navigating the site, all you have to do is ask. We're here to help! Best of luck to you both!

Julie: Drink up, chick! Your body cannot function properly without enough water, you know that! But you did good on the other two accounts, and 2/3 isn't bad! Keep it up!

Joy: Exercise and water were both good! That's a good thing. Food is often my downfall as well. As long as we're doing good more often than not, I guess that is the point. So keep up the good work, and don't let that chocolate get to you!

Anyway...

Busy is me. It's ok. I got a lot done yesterday, and today is slightly easier.

Food and water were good yesterday, still no exercise. By the time I got home (which was late anyway), I was pissed off at the entire world and didn't want to have anything to do with anything.

I guess you'll have days like that.

There won't be exercise tonight either, as Steve and I are going to look at new cars this evening. Now, this may not sound like a big deal, but the dealership we're going to is about two hours away. But it's the best dealership we've found, really. We're not sure we're going to buy anything, as it depends on what kind of deal they're going to make us, but we're going to go down and look.

But food went as planned yesterday, and food today will be good as well.

Breakfast: 2 c. coffee w/FF creamer, 2 sl. ww bread, 1 T. LF mayo, Egg Beaters, 1 sl. FF cheese
Lunch: Peach Fresca, Lean Cuisine (I forget what flavor I brought), apple
Snack: Cherries!
Dinner: Subway, probably turkey on wheat with lots of veggies

OK, time to get working! Have a great day, chickies!
Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 01:15 AM   #34  

Default Day One - revisited ...

Hi

Only managed to get 1 1/2 bottles of water in today... Could have something to do with the six cups of coffee w/cream that I inhaled this morning.

I went for a 15 minute walk this morning during my break... to pick up coffee (of course).

FOOD TODAY
(B)porridge oats with nf yoghurt w/1% milk
(L)Turkey & jarlsberg cheese on two pieces of whole wheat non flour bread & an apple
(D)Homemade burger with jarlsburg cheese, butter, mayo, avocado, nastursium flowers & leaves and tomatoes on a whole wheat kaiser bun, coleslaw and baked shoestring fries (probably about the size of a small order of fries
(S)about 1/2 as many chocolate almonds as I had last night... I will be glad when they are gone... I have no resistance.

I hope I can make it through the entire day tomorrow without a melt down. I'm going to move on to DAY TWO tomorrow... I think today was a success for the most part.

Last edited by JoyG56; 08-30-2006 at 10:48 PM.
Old 08-30-2006, 08:55 AM   #35  
Bound and Determined

Ugh. I'm about to fall over today. I'm so glad this is a three-day weekend coming up.

Yesterday was good, food was decent, water was good, but still no exercise. We didn't get home until late. That always happens to me. I know I should exercise in the morning. That would be so much easier if I could ever manage to go to bed before 11. *sigh*

Food today will be good too.
Breakfast: 2 c. coffee w/FF creamer, 2 sm. slices sourdough toast, 1 T. LF mayo, 1 oz. LF mozzarella
Snack: Cherries
Lunch: Peach Fresca, Lean Pocket, peach
Snack: Celery w/LF peanut butter
Dinner: TBD

We decided not to buy a car. They didn't have anything in our price range that I really wanted, and I can't afford the ones I do want right now, so we're just going to wait. Oh well. Heck, maybe I'll hit the lottery and it won't be an issue. There's always hope.

We have to go to the grocery store tonight after work, but we don't need a lot so hopefully we will get home at a reasonable hour. I'll make a quick dinner, then we can take the dog for a walk. And maybe, just maybe, I can get to bed at a decent hour and finally get some sleep.

What do you think? Is 7:30 too early to call it a day?

Wish me luck!

I hope you're all having a wonderful day!
~Elisha
Old 08-30-2006, 11:00 PM   #36  

Arrow Whew... day two

Got in my full complement of 3 bottles of water today... its early (7:51) and I'm thirsty ... I drink another one now

We went for a 30 minute walk after dinner... two for two so far...

FOOD TODAY
(B)porridge oats with nf yoghurt w/1% milk
(L)Turkey & jarlsberg cheese on two pieces of whole wheat non flour bread & an apple
(D)uggh... about 10 oz port sausage, about 2 cups tortelini with alfredo sause and about a cup of coleslaw. I was so hungry when we got home... I had huge portions.... not my usual style.... I usually eat small bits almost continually
(S) I'm still really full... so I'm hoping the chocolate will stay in the cupboard.

Although today wasn't perfect (with the HUMUNGOUS PORTIONS) I'm going to move on to DAY THREE tomorrow... I think today was more successful than unsuccessful.

Elisha: Get some rest chicky... 7:30 is only a number

Julie: yoooo hooooo where are you?????????
Old 08-31-2006, 12:21 PM   #37  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

Wow, it is really hard to have 7 good days in a row. It really makes you see where your weak spots are. I am doing well. I am SO close to making the 7 days this time.

Elisha, i know what you mean about the car you can afford versus the one you want. I am still just amazed at what folks fork over for cars every month. I just think i could do so much more with that $500 a month...my car is paid for...hard to justify a new loan, especially when i am just sick of the one i have, no real problems with it.

Starting over:
Day 1: Made it. Worked in the yard ALL day. Drank more water than a fish. Too hot and tired to eat.
Day 2: Very good day. Gots lots of exercise in, stayed within my bounds.
Day 3: Doing well. Wasnt hungry at all today, drank lots of h2o, and worked my rearend off with Gunner peterson.
Day 4: Good day. Great with water. Good with exercise, wasnt really in the mood, made myself do it anyway, which is a good feeling. Food was under 1500, as per goal.
Day 5: I did REALLY well considering the stress today had. My elliptical caught all my frustration, used to my fridg would. Yaa for me.
Day 6: Food and water were good. Oh my gosh, i REALLY didnt want to exercise today. If it werent for this thread and my weigh in tomorrow, i dont know if i would have done it. So glad i did now that it is over.

Keep up the good work gals.

Last edited by Get n healthy; 08-31-2006 at 07:53 PM.
Get n healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 10:13 AM   #38  
Bound and Determined

Stacy, you are doing so well! Seven days is harder than it seems, isn't it? Keep up the good work!

Joy, did the chocolate get out of the cupboard? Good job getting in all the water!

Sorry I was MIA yesterday. I was busy busy, and am again today, so this will be quick!

Yesterday was the best diet day I've had in a long time! Woot!
Today is going well so far, but there's a tailgate party here at work this afternoon that I will do my best to avoid.

Tomorrow is tailgating and football, Sunday I might go to the family reunion, and Monday I finally get to relax and paint the trim in my dining room and stairwell!

But there will be lots of walking this weekend, that is for sure!

OK, gotta jet! I hope you're all having a great day, and have a wonderful weekend!
~Elisha
Old 09-02-2006, 12:18 AM   #39  

Red face

HMMM the chocolates are finally gone.... I am really going to "STAND FIRM" and not let any of the "STUFF" into my house.

I seem to do fairly well until after dinner then KAPOW... seems I manage to stay on track if I only have light microwave popcorn in the house for treats.

Today was great until we went out for Chinese food for dinner... Ate about 1/2 my dinner for one (szchesswan beef, chow mein & beef chow suey) had two small bowls wor won ton soup and 1/2 order of garlic prawns. The rest came home with me...chances are DH will eat it before I do.

Gotta get re-motivated on the exercise. I have gotten VERY lazy.

Elisha... just remember you gotta write down all the stuff you eat at your outings... should help keep you mindful of what's going in....

Stacey ... awesome job on the 7 days.

Well have a great long weekend.
Old 09-02-2006, 06:42 PM   #40  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

Finally! Success. i was really close to going over my limit in cals today, only 50 shy of my max but victory.

Elisha, sounds like a tempting weekend. Good luck, stay strong.

Joy: Chinese food is a killer for me. It is one of those things that i will eat way too much of and of course i have to have the fried rice. That is a such a weakness for me.

Starting over:
Day 1: Made it. Worked in the yard ALL day. Drank more water than a fish. Too hot and tired to eat.
Day 2: Very good day. Gots lots of exercise in, stayed within my bounds.
Day 3: Doing well. Wasnt hungry at all today, drank lots of h2o, and worked my rearend off with Gunner peterson.
Day 4: Good day. Great with water. Good with exercise, wasnt really in the mood, made myself do it anyway, which is a good feeling. Food was under 1500, as per goal.
Day 5: I did REALLY well considering the stress today had. My elliptical caught all my frustration, used to my fridg would. Yaa for me.
Day 6: Food and water were good. Oh my gosh, i REALLY didnt want to exercise today. If it werent for this thread and my weigh in tomorrow, i dont know if i would have done it. So glad i did now that it is over.
Day 7: All was good. Had a great exercise day with no effort. Lots of walking through the mall and then swimming laps with the kids in the pool. I love those exercise days where you dont even know your exercising.

Keep up the good work gals.
Get n healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 10:05 AM   #41  
Bound and Determined

Stacy: Yay! Congrats! You're doing so well! Keep up the good work!

Joy: I'm the same way. If I can keep it out of my house, it's no threat. But as soon as it's in the door all bets are off! Better just not to get it in the first place.

I finally got my weight machine brought to my house. Unfortunately, I threw my back out in the process. But as soon as the searing pain stops, I'll be exercising again. I'm actually excited to exercise right now, as I think it will help me work out some of my stress and frustration. That's definitely a benefit I could use right about now!

Food will be good today. I'm already off to a decent start, lunch and snacks are packed and healthy, and I've got lots of healthy stuff waiting for me to heat up for dinner.

OK, I'm busy busy! Off to grab a glass of water, then lots to do. I hope you're all having a wonderful day!
~Elisha
Old 09-07-2006, 08:50 AM   #42  
Bound and Determined

Morning chickies!

Where is everyone? Hello? Anybody out there?

Well, I'm not doing too bad. Labor Day weekend threw me for a loop, but now I'm back on track, and doing better than I have for a while. I even used my weight machine on Tuesday evening (I wasn't home yesterday evening).

Today the diet will go well, and there will be some sort of exercise tonight, I promise.

Right now I'm uber busy at work, so I've gotta get to it. I hope you're all doing well!
~Elisha
Old 09-07-2006, 11:20 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

I need a challenge. My goal is to be a healthy size 10. Therefore, I need to eat with in my calorie limit which will be 1600-1800 calories, and exercise 20 to 30 minutes per day. Instead of choosing water for another goal I'm choosing sleep. To be healthy I need at least 8 hours of sleep and most of the time I don't get it.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote