How about a Thanksgiving Challenge??

You're on Page 1 of 21
Go to
  • Anyone up for a Thanksgiving Challenge? We've got approx 14 weeks.

Let's all weigh in tomorrow (Wed 8/16) with a final weigh in on the day before Thanksgiving (Wed 11/22) and weekly (or how often you'd like) check ins.

This would be a great way to begin the holidays, with a huge accomplishment under our belts.

Anyone? Weigh in tomorrow! (Wed Aug 16).
  • I'm In
    I'm new to the forum and this is my first challenge...!!
  • Im in. I need a challenge to help keep me motivated, good luck everyone
  • I'm new and IN! I would like to lose weight before my family pics in November! Good luck everyone!
  • thanksgiving challenge
    Quote: Anyone up for a Thanksgiving Challenge? We've got approx 14 weeks.

Let's all weigh in tomorrow (Wed 8/16) with a final weigh in on the day before Thanksgiving (Wed 11/22) and weekly (or how often you'd like) check ins.

This would be a great way to begin the holidays, with a huge accomplishment under our belts.

Anyone? Weigh in tomorrow! (Wed Aug 16).
    Hello everyone......I just joined the group.Hope I am doing this the right way. I am up to the challenge, count me in. I will need support to get it going. This is day one. Do I need to post my weight, goals? Thanks Pat
  • Count Me In
    I Started Weight Watchers Last November A Week Before Thanksgiving. I Want To Celebrate My Year! Do We Make Our Own Goal? I Would Like To Reach My 100 Pound Lost By Then!
  • I'm in. I need motivation big time!! Good luck to everyone!!
  • Let's post our weight goals
    Let's post our weight goals and our approach for losing the weight.

My goal: I know it sounds very aggressive, is 37 lbs by Nov 22 (day before Thanksgiving). I am 186 and I'd like to be 149 by then. That is 2 1/2 lbs per week, average.

My approach: I plan to stick to a 1200 cal diet, plenty of protein, veg and fruits. For exercise I plan to do cardio 30 mins/6x a week and lift 6x a week, alternating upper and lower body. I am training for a 5k on Sept 17.

You can also use the ticker. Make one yourself at http://www.tickerfactory.com. It's pretty simple. Just add the code that gets generated to your signature under "user control panel" (CP).

How about you guys?
  • This looks like a great place for newbies like me to start!! (well, new to the boards, not new to the PLAN)

Well if I 'm 235 now (give or take) my Thanksgiving goal will be 215....I'll weigh in tomorrow to mark my "official" weight....I work 7p-7a night shift tonight so my weigh in will be around 2pm or so.

My plan will be to get to that gym 3-4 days a week and stick to a reasonable diet plan, 1500 cal? I'm not great at counting actual calories, etc., I just try to make smart choices.

OK pals.....looking forward to the support and the love....will check in tomorra
  • Elycia from Missouri
    Hi, I would like to join. If it is about 14 weeks, I would like to lose 28 lbs by then. That is about 2 lbs per week and I should be able to do that. I am basically following points and working out. I am just now really getting going so this is perfect! Looking forward to losing with you guys!

Ciao!

Elycia
  • I would love to be 30 lbs thinner by Thanksgiving. I see there are alot of newbies here so I think this is the place for me. I am 266.5 lbs today. I'll come back in the morning and post my weight. I'm a calorie counter so let me see if I can get the job done. See you all tomorrow.
    Norma aka harkeyvalley
  • begginings
    I am 5ft 6in tall. I weigh in at 168.4lbs. My goal is to be 25 pounds less by Thanksgiving. To do this I will eat 1,250 calories a day. cardio 5x wk, use weights or resistance band 5x weekly. Alternating upper body and lower body.
  • I'm so in, I need something to help me get motivated

I'll go for 20 pounds by thanksgiving. My current plan is to eat around 1,300ish calories a day. I've been doing pretty good lately, in the food part. Eating tons of veggies and fruit (this from a person who used to live on chips and bread and other carbs :-P), and trying to get tons of protein too. I need to step up the exercise (walk at least 4 days a week, and weights on off-days) and drink more water. Time to start getting up at 5 am to get a walk in before work ><

Good luck girls!
  • I would like to participate in the challenge. I'll post my weight tomorrow.

dustcatcher
  • I'm in .. need to come up with a goal. Will post it later.