Old 08-17-2006, 04:43 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 273/248.5/160

Height: 5 Ft. 6 In.

Melly: I signed up for the challenge, but I wasn't home yesterday to record my weight. I weighed 265. Can you still add me to the list? I'm wanting to lose 30 lbs by Thanksgiving.
Norma
harkeyvalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 08:03 PM   #62  

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by harkeyvalley View Post
Melly: I signed up for the challenge, but I wasn't home yesterday to record my weight. I weighed 265. Can you still add me to the list? I'm wanting to lose 30 lbs by Thanksgiving.
Norma

Yay! another member of the 30-something club! (30-something pound target loss, that is!) I added you and you will show up on the list next posting, next Thursday.

We can DO THIS!!!!!
mellyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 08:07 PM   #63  

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2girl View Post
G'day everyone! Glad to see that more have joined. I have been doing really well this week. This really is my first week getting started, so the Challenge is perfect. Thanx Mellyanne!

Mellyanne, your goal is pretty agressive. I was wondering if you have lost weight at that speed before. Some people are fast losers. Lucky ducks! I am not so lucky! If you've been able to maintain that loss rate in the past, definitely keep that as your goal, but if in retrospect you feel it is unattainable, you may want to decrease it a little, so that like you said you won't set yourself up for disappointment or feel like giving up. I based my goal on my rate of weight loss in the past. Also, since I am just getting started, it is feasible that I will lose 4-6 lbs the first week or two that will kind of give me a jumpstart. So, essentially, the easiest way to tell if your goal is realistic on not is based on past weight loss. Now, if this is your first attempt at weight loss, 1.5 to 2 lbs per week is about what is expected in general, at least that is what the sources say.

I hope that helped. I am really looking forward to dropping some major pounds by Thanksgiving. I think we are going to do great!

Thanx again!

Elycia
Yes, the logical part of my brain thinks you are correct. But I do want to see what I can accomplish if I get my cheating down from about 65% of the time to about 10% of the time. With no cheats I can lose very fast. Let's see. I'm sort of viewing it as a science experiment, of sorts! Just please, if I don't make it to 36 lbs, don't say "I told you so!"
Old 08-17-2006, 08:10 PM   #64  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

hate to sound silly...but what's the push thing mentioned 2 pages ago?
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 10:04 PM   #65  
SLOWLY MELTING AWAY!

S/C/G: 199/168.4/150

Height: 5'4.5"

I'm gobbling my pounds away! And that's the truth and I'm sticking TO IT!!!! My Thanksgiving challenge has 8 weeks in it!!!!! I can do this I will lose about 6 lbs/ 4 weeks!

My day was good...I'm doing good within my points for eating however my choices really aren't so great! I must go shopping tomorrow and stock up on veggies and fruits and some chicken..... mmmmmm

I know I need to get there so hopefully around 10:30 I will be there! Shopping for good eats & treats!!!!

BOPIS21 here is a "KICK IN THE BUTT FOR YOU"!!!!

Okay Ladies have the will power to do good because it is within you!
JennyDee25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 10:40 PM   #66  
Proud Twinmom

S/C/G: 250.5/223.5/147

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Just please, if I don't make it to 36 lbs, don't say "I told you so!"
Absolutely not! I would never, ever do that. Please, keep your goal wherever you feel comfortable. If you feel it challenges you, then go for it! I will be rooting for ya.

Elycia
u2girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 11:17 PM   #67  
Day 1 back on plan...

S/C/G: 244/tickers/175

Melly No I told you SO's here.....I think even if you didn't make it you will be very proud of getting as close as you could.

Elycia- your 12 pound goal is for shoes? Thats a pretty cool idea

I have to mow my lawn tomorrow...that will be a great workout MAN is it HIGH darn rain
Losing4another is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 11:23 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 273/248.5/160

Height: 5 Ft. 6 In.

Melly: Thanks so much for allowing me to squeeze in.

Holyteror: PUSH is a dvd that you can order that is supposed to be catered to you personally. It's like having your own personal trainer at home. They have an introductory offer to start. I think you can read about it on the 3fc home page. I ordered one but it will not work on my dvd player. They were very nice and replaced the disk with a new one right away but it did not work either. The gentleman said that their disks do not work on all players. Unlucky for me.
harkeyvalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 11:13 AM   #69  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/140

Height: 5'4

Default 8-18-06

Good Morning Ladies!!

Hope everyone is doing well. I did great with eating yesterday, not so much with the water, and no exercise, but im headed to go check out that gym right now. I just wanted to check in first. Keep up the good work. We CAN do this.

Have a GREAT day
-Rox
SugarRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 12:23 PM   #70  
Taste the rainbow

S/C/G: 299/241/175

Height: 5'9

I was decent with my eating yesterday, ate a little too much but not that bad My water was way better than it's been, I had about 100oz. YAY I'll try and keep that up today. I went for two walks yesterday, one almost an hour, the other a shorter 20 minute one. This morning I didn't want to exercise at all. But I forced myself to go for an hour walk anyway. And now that I'm back from that I'm glad I went, I feel so much better,
Skittlez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 01:38 PM   #71  
Day 1 back on plan...

S/C/G: 244/tickers/175

Hi all.....I mowed that lawn and it was a better workout then I thought. It was so thick took about an hour and some change ....it's done though YAY. Eating has been going pretty good and after all that sweatin I have no problem getting the water down either.

TGIF
Losing4another is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 03:16 PM   #72  
I can do it this time.

Last night I went for a 1 1/2 power walk with my neighbor mary who's 55. We were talking about weight loss and little things that she used to do when she started a weight loss group among her neighbors a long time ago... one was if they gained they had to carry a little piggie when they ate Or wear a little piggie pin. it was a cute idea... embaressing but cute. It makes me want to buy a little piggie and put it next to the icecream i have been dying to eat for 2 weeks.
lovethatsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 07:02 PM   #73  

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2girl View Post
Absolutely not! I would never, ever do that. Please, keep your goal wherever you feel comfortable. If you feel it challenges you, then go for it! I will be rooting for ya.

Elycia
I was kidding, you can tell me "i told you so!" you would be right! I am going to do my best to get as close as possible to 36 lbs and we'll see what happens. I am so sick of being a FAT turkey cooking a FAT turkey!
Old 08-18-2006, 07:09 PM   #74  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyDee25 View Post
I'm gobbling my pounds away! And that's the truth and I'm sticking TO IT!!!! My Thanksgiving challenge has 8 weeks in it!!!!! I can do this I will lose about 6 lbs/ 4 weeks!

My day was good...I'm doing good within my points for eating however my choices really aren't so great! I must go shopping tomorrow and stock up on veggies and fruits and some chicken..... mmmmmm

I know I need to get there so hopefully around 10:30 I will be there! Shopping for good eats & treats!!!!

BOPIS21 here is a "KICK IN THE BUTT FOR YOU"!!!!

Okay Ladies have the will power to do good because it is within you!
JennyDee you are a true inspiration! You are a size 10 now? I can't wait to be a size 10!!! I am currently 185 and still wear some 16 pants! A few 14 pants. I figure every 10 lbs is a size, so I will be a size 10 at about 155. I am 5'6".

Any tips for success? How many points are you eating per day? I'm counting calories and sticking to around 1400. I tried for 1200 but I am too hungry going that low.

One thing I have learned finally is that there are degrees of cheating. I used to put one "bad" thing in my mouth and say, "well, i've blown it. I can pig out now and start again tomorrow." No more! Now, if I eat something unauthorized, I just move on with my diet for the rest of the day. The result is usually no harm.

Melly
Old 08-18-2006, 07:45 PM   #75  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

thanks for the info on the PUSH dvd. i might have to get one to get it rolling
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote