Old 08-24-2006, 09:08 AM   #136  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

would it be ok to join now?? I don't have a real "goal" by thanksgiving but i do have a mini goal by mid january when hubby comes home from afghanistan. I weighed yesterday but want to make my official weigh days sundays.
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 01:31 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/140

Height: 5'4

Default 8/24/06

Hi Everyone

Just checking in, i did great with my eating yesterday, not so good with the water though. Im getting a sore throat and cold things seem to bother it more than nething.

Well its another slow day at work, im just in here watching DVDs lol

Hope everyone is having a GREAT day

-Rox
SugarRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 05:33 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 273/248.5/160

Height: 5 Ft. 6 In.

Melly: I'm dying to hear how we did. When will you have the losses totalled? I'm excited.

Elycia: You are so awesome! 6lbs. That's probably more than one of those beautiful babies weighed when them were born. Congratulations!

Rox: I hope you get to feeling better. It's hard to watch what you're eating when you have to grab things that are easy to swallow.

To you other awesome ladies: Hang in there. We are going to throw out the fat by the time we eat that turkey.

Norma
harkeyvalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 10:31 PM   #139  
Proud Twinmom

S/C/G: 250.5/223.5/147

Height: 5'8

Awww, thanx Norma. Yep, you are right. Mia weighed 5.14 lbs!

Congrats on your loss as well. We are going to get this weight off and reach our goals. There is no doubt in my mind!

Elycia
u2girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 03:05 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 250/250/160

Height: 5ft.5"

Hey, ladies I just joined this challenge last week, what is the offcial day we are suppose to weigh in? Yesterday was my hubby's birthday and I did cheat a little, I don't want him to know I'm serious about losing weight just yet. Can anyone help with getting one of those cute weight bars on the bottom your post? I'm still learning the in's and out's of the computer. Thankyou and everyone keep up the good work!
shoots-alot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 05:45 PM   #141  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi bird lady!! Our weigh in is Wednesdays, and if you want a ticker on the bottom of your post, just click on someone else's and it will link you to the site, just follow the directions and add it to your signature (user cp)... let us know if you need help!

Doing good so far!! Been to the gym 3 days this week, and I can get there for the 4th tomorrow morning, haven't slipped from the diet either!!

Well done week one guys!!! Keep it up!!!
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 10:11 PM   #142  

Height: 5'6"

Default WEIGH IN STATS - WEEK 1. Great job, ladies!

Here are the results for our first Weigh in after one full week of being on the Thanksgiving Challenge. Way to go!

This is only the beginning. I am feeling really inspired by you all who have posted your weight and encouraged me as well as others. It just so happens that I am now down almost a pound, but I decided to keep my weight as is, to be true to our weigh in date of 8/23.

For those of you who haven't weighed in this week, no problem! Weigh in next week. We have many weeks ahead of us to lose the lbs! It is the END result that matters, not one week here and there.

Let me know if there are any inaccuracies in the weights I have posted.

Next weigh in: Wednesday, Aug 30.

Here is an inspiring quote:
"I saw an angel in the marble and I chiseled until I set it free."
Michelangelo

I saw the above quote posted on the signature of Glory87, a member of 3fatchicks. Her very inspiring success story is posted here:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84601
Attached Images
File Type: jpg week1a.jpg (69.8 KB, 26 views)
mellyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 12:44 PM   #143  
Proud Twinmom

S/C/G: 250.5/223.5/147

Height: 5'8

Melly,

Nice to see the results. I hope that more check in in the coming weeks so that we can see how much weight we lost collectively. BTW, how did you do that neat little chart? I really like it!

So glad that we are being inspiring to each other and getting our minds right to lose this weight. Good job!

Elycia
u2girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 01:28 PM   #144  
Think thin

Height: 5'2"

I'm also really glad to see how we're doing as a group. I added up the pounds and came up with a total of 33.0 pounds lost for the week! We're awesome!

Holyteror, you can weigh on any day you like. Most of us are weighing on Wednesday so Melly can record the weekly weight loss on the same day for everybody. This challenge ends on a Wednesday, the day before Thanksgiving. Maybe you can set another mini-goal for that time to help gauge your progress. How you do it is up to you, just keep losing those pounds.
Jazzbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 06:16 PM   #145  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

Jazz:
absolutely....the real question is what do I want to set my goal at for thanksgiving LOLOL. I'll weigh on sunday but I'll post those results for wednesdays if that's ok with you guys. I'd like to say 185...does that sound reasonable???
Old 08-27-2006, 12:25 PM   #146  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

Hi everyone

I'm reporting a 5 lb loss this week

Off to find breakfast
Old 08-27-2006, 12:38 PM   #147  
Picker and a Grinner

S/C/G: 132kg/128/75

Height: 173cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellyann View Post
Anyone up for a Thanksgiving Challenge?

I don't know....I am actually going home TO eat all that thanksgiving goodness that I don't get to eat here.

*scratches head*
lol
Nixxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 09:57 AM   #148  

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2girl View Post
Melly,

Nice to see the results. I hope that more check in in the coming weeks so that we can see how much weight we lost collectively. BTW, how did you do that neat little chart? I really like it!

So glad that we are being inspiring to each other and getting our minds right to lose this weight. Good job!

Elycia
Thanks! I do the chart in Excel and view as a web page, then capture the screen as an image. It's pretty easy once it's all set up.
Old 08-28-2006, 05:52 PM   #149  

Frank Lloyd Wright:
The thing always happens that you really believe in; and the belief in a thing makes it happen.
Old 08-28-2006, 06:36 PM   #150  

Default Hi, Nixxie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixxie View Post
I don't know....I am actually going home TO eat all that thanksgiving goodness that I don't get to eat here.

*scratches head*
lol
Nixxie, should I add you to our chart?

I came across one of your former posts and discovered you have been living in Sweden for a couple of years. I'm curious, do you find it easier to lose weight being around all of those skinny, beautiful Swedes? Or is it more difficult because (at least I find) the food in Europe to be much better in quality. I love the cheese, bread, sweets, etc. They don't put all of the chemicals and additives in their food the way it is in the U.S. Even airplane food prepared in Europe is better! At least that is my opinion. I have spent quite a bit of time out of the U. S. myself, and I do find that food is a bit more difficult to get. They don't have so much convenience and everyone is not eating all the time like it seems they are here. The flip side for me was that I spent more time alone when I was abroad and would bring food back to my room/apt and scarf there.

Anyway, I'd be interested in hearing your experience! I love Scandinavia!

Melly