Old 06-22-2006, 03:11 PM   #76  

Dewcan- My other one is 13 months so we are going to have our hands full, but in a good way.
shanonbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 07:33 AM   #77  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Tgif

I'm here...and thankful for all you chickies!

DIANA x 2... Thank you! I am going to try to get some exercise today, although my day is pretty packed. I'm pretty active in my every day to day doings, so I don't worry about "laying around" much (except at the end of the day when I'm exhausted!) I've been doing VBS all week and am in charge of GAMES, so that in addition to my Activities job at work, I move all day! I realize it's not the same as aerobic workouts (which I am going to start this weekend with walking or biking in the mornings before my day starts) but at least it is something.

I have noticed in the last day or two that the SECOND roll on my stomach is growing!!! UGH!!! I know this means that my body is wanting more activity, more exercise, more toning...which is why I really need to start a routine again! Even if it's just a toning routine at twice a day! I need to do something daily! So, thanks for the encouragement and the (gotta LOVE that!!!)

Elisha...1.2 pounds and you will be down to that magical number you've been trying to get at! WOW!!! I'm proud of you!!! Keep working hard...keep eating healthy (even if you don't want to). Don't let the holiday get you off track and if you veer off a little, hop right back on. You gotta keep this mojo up for this group (how's that for a little pressure???) Sorry about your foot, chickie! Oweee! It will heal, I'm sure! Bruises suck, though!

My goal for today is to bring a lunch, mind my p's & q's at work, get through the last day of VBS and come home and get ready for camping!!!

I'll be thinking of all of you as I watch the sun rise over the lake each morning at 6am while drinking my coffee & then go for my walk or bike ride! Have a wonderful holiday, all of you!! And thank you so much for being here for me when I needed you!!!!!!!!!

hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 09:09 AM   #78  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Morning chicks!

I only have a moment, so this will be quick! That’s getting to be a trend for me.

Today I am in an exceptionally good mood. Why? It’s payday, it’s Friday, I only have to work half a day today, I’m going shopping for flowers with my grandma (who is simply delightful) this afternoon, and tomorrow I’m going shopping for bridesmaids dresses with my best friends (and possibly stopping at Ikea). Oh, and the scale said 209.6 this morning! Woot! Now I just have to maintain it over the weekend so it can be “official” on Tuesday morning!

Oh dear, more work just came in. We’re short-handed today anyway, and I’m only here until noon, so this is going to be a BUSY morning! Have a good weekend, everyone!
~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 11:00 AM   #79  
Friend to Little Doggies

S/C/G: 145/143/120

Height: 5'1"

Well,

Still really sick. Today is my last day at the current job and I'm tempted to call in sick but we just SO need the money. Going to try to drag myself through it. For now I'm sitting around resting and trying to tape myself together enough to go. Haven't gained anything as I checked this am and feeling like it'll be easy to watch it today too.

This weekend have to do some shopping for kitchen appliances for the new place, maybe get some measurements on the rooms, etc.

Jennifer--I'm with you there on the closing blues. We were supposed to close this coming Monday and aren't going to make it. I'm just hoping we can get in by the 4th cuz my husband has that week off...

elisha--Sounds like you're up for a great weekend. Isn't FRIDAY grand?!

Julie--HANG IN THERE, OK???? Our birthdays are right around the corner

Onward! Diana
ChicCityChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 02:34 PM   #80  
A Mom

S/C/G: 227/206/147

Height: 5' 2"

Shanon, that doesn't sound that bad for age difference. My guess is that you'll be busy forthe first half year and then things will get much easier as they will start to entertain each other. They will be very good friends.

Julie, I haven't been walking either and I don't know why. I'm puttering around the house and simply don't feel like walking. Lazy *** syndrome

Elisha, your shopping trip sounds fun. Maek sure your bridesamid dresses aren't nasty as I've seen so many of those. Make sure you keep off those pounds until Tuesday as you need to change your profile

Diana, do get better. It sucks when you can't jsut mope around when you're sick as that is what one feels like doing.

I didn't walk yesterday as I cut my foot yesterday and am favouring it, but I did track!!! YEah for me.

Diana
DewCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 08:47 AM   #81  
Bound and Determined

Morning chicks!

This weekend went ok for me. A little too much food, not quite enough water, and no exercise, but not terrible. The scale is at 211.0 this morning, but I’ll drink plenty of water and do well with my intake today and be back down to 210.whatever for tomorrow’s official weigh-in.

Today’s menu:
Breakfast: 2 c. coffee w/half n half, ½ c. egg beaters, ½ avocado, 2 T. salsa
Lunch: Salad (Tomato, cucumber, green pepper, celery, ½ avocado, 1 oz. LF mozzarella) an apple
Snack: FF yogurt
Dinner: TBD

I got up early and did 20 minutes on the bike this morning. If it dries up some today I’ll take Ella for a walk when I get home. If it doesn’t dry up, I’ll probably spend more time on the exercise bike.

OK, time to get to work. Have a good day, chicks!
~Elisha
Old 06-26-2006, 10:21 AM   #82  
A Mom

Elisha, drink drink drink!!! Have a good day a work.

My weekend wasn't the best, nor the worst. I was sooo busy that I can't even remember how I ate. I spent a few hours sweeping sand into the bricks of a patio we (meaning my DH ) built. It looks fantastic. 25' x 16' it will be super once our grass comes etc. Oh, I did go for a little walk, just a mile, better than sitting on my ***.

Diana
Old 06-26-2006, 12:13 PM   #83  
used to be tofat

S/C/G: 189/128.5/130

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Hi gals,

Sorry for my disappearing act. Got a little over stressed with death, and then got away on my rafting trip. I'll be back soon. I need to catch up on everything going on, and get back to my usual schedule.
ArtsyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 03:25 PM   #84  
A Mom

Brandy, you just take care of yourself for a while. I've been thinking about you

Diana
Old 06-27-2006, 08:36 AM   #85  
Bound and Determined

Morning chicks!

Yesterday went well, and the scale this morning gives me an official weigh-in of 210.0—that’s down 2.4 pounds from last week. Yay!

The rain is really pouring down here today, and I am so stinking tired! I want to go home and curl up in bed. I slept in until 6 this morning because I was up a little late (about 10:45) last night talking to a good friend.

But I’m also wondering if I’m feeling so sleepy right now because I had a big bowl of carby, starchy cereal for breakfast. I just could NOT stomach the thought of eggs this morning.

I got my GI Diet book yesterday and read a little of it while I was on the bike last night. It sounds pretty much like what I have been doing, but with a few minor changes. I’ll let you know how it works once I read a little more.

Menu for today:
Breakfast: 2 c. coffee w/half n half, 2 c. multigrain cheerios, 1 c. lactaid 2% milk (I was out of skim milk)
Snack: Apple
Lunch: TBD
Snack: FF yogurt that I didn’t eat yesterday
Dinner: TBD

So I really need to go to the store. I feel like all I ever get done is going to the grocery store, and yet we seem to have no food in the house. *sigh*

I also have to go to my parents’ house tonight to switch cars with my mom. She’s taking mine in for state inspection and an oil change in the morning. And I have to stop at the pharmacy to fill a prescription.

Bah. I need to hit the lottery. I don’t want to be at work.

OK, I need to get moving. Have a wonderful day, chicks!
~Elisha
Old 06-27-2006, 12:24 PM   #86  
"workin' on my fitness"

hey chickies- sorry I'm also missing in action again- been a stressful few days. Boss is in Seattle for a 3 day meeting, and I'm doing 2-3 jobs right now, plus still have the whole training issue 3 hours a day to deal with. Fun, right?

Living room furniture was delivered yesterday, so we finally have a place to plop down and rest and relax. Man, it felt like sliding into butter. No wonder I drifted off to sleep at 8pm for a 45 minute nap! Very comfy. And after a weekend cleaning spree, definitely deserved.

Anyone thought of what to do for July's challenge? Who has an idea? Who still has motivation, and can push us all in the right direction?
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 02:04 PM   #87  
A Mom

Elisha, on the fantastic weight loss this week!! I'm right there with ya on the lottery. I'm getting the sprinklers installed today on our now yard and that's $3200. (probably just under 3G in your money) boohoo, that's steep.

Jennifer, good to hear from you again. Your job is why I am enjoying my year of maternity leave!! Yeah for the new furniture. Always fun.

I am so not motivated these days. But I will think about what might challenge us. hmmm.......

Need. coffee. must...go....make.....
Diana
Old 06-28-2006, 09:04 AM   #88  
Bound and Determined

Morning ladies!

Yesterday turned out ok. Food… not great. I ended up going to Arby’s for lunch, chicken fingers and cheese sticks. Can’t get much more unhealthy than that. But I only ate half of it, and had the rest for dinner. Calories came in at 1610 over all. No exercise though, as I didn’t get home until late. And not enough water, unless you want to count all the diet soda I drank. Bleh.
Today though, the scale is at 209.6, and I am back on track! Breakfast was good, packed lunch and snacks are good, and dinner will be fine as well. And lots of water! And exercise! I think I’ll do my fat-burning yoga tape again tonight.

Instead of going over to my parents’ house last night to switch cars with my mom, she met me in town and we went shopping for a birthday present for my grandma. I also ended up getting myself a few things, and I still need a few more. I really do need some new clothes. And I found a really cute dress for my rehearsal dinner, but I didn’t buy it. It was $50, and I’m not sure I want to spend $50 on a dress that hopefully won’t even fit me by the time I’m ready to wear it. So I think I’ll wait until a little closer to the wedding date before I start buying that kind of thing.

I was up late again last night, but this time I was writing. I’ve actually gotten to the point where writing is fun for me again. For a long time, it was just work and it felt like a chore, so this is much better and I don’t want to discourage it.

But tonight I have to go to bed early, because I need some sleep, and I have to get up early tomorrow. Bleh. I have a stupid conference call at 7:00am that I don’t want anything to do with. Stupid work.

Today’s menu:
Breakfast: 2 c. coffee/half and half, ½ c. chive and cheese egg beaters, ½ avocado, 2 T. salsa, 1 sl. ww toast w/spray Smart Balance
Snack: Grapes
Lunch: Taco salad (ground turkey, corn, tomato, cucumber, ½ avocado, 2 T. LF sour cream, 2 T. salsa), apple
Snack: FF yogurt that I still haven’t eaten
Dinner: Lean pork chops, baked sweet potato, something green

OK, chicks, that’s all I have time for today! Have a wonderful day, everyone!
~Elisha
Old 06-28-2006, 04:33 PM   #89  
A Mom

Elisha, your work starts WAAAAY to early if you ask me. AT least your calories weren't way out of wack for eating out. I would find that hard. Hey ,when 's your wedding again? I forgot, I'm thinking Sept. but am not sure.

I have ZERO motivation these days. It sucks.

Diana
Old 06-28-2006, 10:59 PM   #90  
Friend to Little Doggies

S/C/G: 145/143/120

Height: 5'1"

Hi,

My week has just been shot to heck but I thought I'd better at least post. Still dealing with pneumonia, the new job, and moving this weekend. Closing on the new house is after work Thursday....

On the bright side, I got my high-end, super dooper new pedometer in the mail and have it all calibrated and ready to go tomorrow. The new hospital is really spread out and they have a great Wellness Program for the employees where you get a bonus check once a year for participating in the programs. One of the choices is to wear a pedometer--cool! .

Will weigh in tomorrow and see where I'm at, pretty sure I've gained it all back, dangitt!!

Diana
ChicCityChick is offline   Reply With Quote