Old 05-04-2006, 09:21 AM   #31  
FullTime Domestic Goddess

Good morning chicks!

I am so glad to be UP this morning! Yesterday, my middle DS and I spent the day vomiting! Yuck! I was so sick that I could barely take care of him, not to mention that my 3 year old was home and feeling great! DH couldn't take a vacation day because of a special event at work. What a nightmare!

Anyway, I have lots of comments, and I was so excited to read this morning and see everyone that posted yesterday. I really look forward to getting to know everybody! I will try my best to get back on here tonight and leave comments...I'm still feeling dizzy.

Thanks for the warm welcome everybody! That really made my day !
lisa girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 09:32 AM   #32  
"workin' on my fitness"

Height: 5'10"

Default Because if I don't post this, Julie may come hunt me down....

got a meeting at 9:30, but if I don't get this entry in, I'll be in biiiig trouble!

(Week 1) 150 minutes
(Week 2) 225 minutes
(Week 3) 300 minutes
(Week 4) 300 minutes
(Week 5) 240 minutes

** this will include formal exercise, as well as yardwork, unpacking, etc, over the next month. ** Then, when I have all my poop in order, we'll set up a WATP schedule, and bike schedule.

Will post more after the meeting, with my updates & comments. Happy Thursday!
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 04:27 PM   #33  
A Mom

S/C/G: 227/206/147

Height: 5' 2"

Hi all, sorry I missed you yesterday. A crazy day it was!!
I joined WW iwth a friend yesterday and today is day #1 of it. I'm doing the points program and think it will work as I'm a lmath person and the points will be good. I'm oign to give myself some reward for sticking with it for a week. Maybe getting my eyebrows waxed, I'm getting a little wild in that area.

Brandy, Happy Birthday (Iknow I'm late) hope it was a fantastic day. Sounds like your'e getting in lots of exercise minutes! Your'e amazing with 190 in one day!

Julie, glad to hear your foot is getting better. Dont' need any reason to not exercise I can always come up with some. I totally understand how it feels to be disappointed with a regain of weight lost. It's very disheartening. I always tell my DH when I lose a pound but never when I gain. He must wonder why is she not getting any smaller,
I'm doing the points as well. I can't cut certain foods out of my diet altogether, I'd never stick to it then and would for sure go back to them and gain everything back once I get ot goal. How are your points coming along for today? I'm doing okay. I have 18 left and it's 2pm. I'm saving them for tonight as I always have a special snack for Survivor. I'm a diehard watcher. Check out the WW stuff on this site, and other websites, there's lots of good stuff out there. I'm a chocoholic so I will purcahse the 2 point bars next week as I need a bit so I dont' go out of control and binge on it. Sad as it is. At least I admit it to myself, :rollseyes: I woudl love to lose 5 pounds as well this week and my goal is also to lose the 10% for July when we have a family campout. We're on our way there and we'll do it!!!

Oh Angela, do get well!!! This is not good. It dampens the exercise spirit severely. I hope it'a a short bug. Student loasns suck but they're worth it in the end. I've got mine paid off now had $22,000, oh my, that sounds like lots now. What are you taking? Best of luck to you. Is your school year done now?

Elisha, yo umade me laugh when you said there were only 10 days of hte year that you felt like going outside and this wasn't one of them. It really got a chuckle out of me. I like you're commnent on the bottom of the post about being happy, that is so right. Yesterday at WW the goal weight they gave me was 137, and I thought I would be just peachy happy at 147. I have to bring a Dr's note to change it, and I think I will. I don't want ot be scrawny. Good that you didn't get discouraged with the scale this morning, it would've been a bad way to start the day.

Jennifer, that suck so bad when a post gets lost. I hope I don't lose this one. Oh great now I've jinxed myself

MsRD, yes it was (and is) quite busy with new baby and house. But I'm enjoying it. I like the WATP as well, good for rainy days. Where do you live that you get all the pretty flowers? Sounds like a dream

Lisa, sucks that you were sick. And being sick at the same time as a child is the WORST THING EVER!!! I'm glad your'e feeling better Once your'e not dizzy anymore get back at the exercise!

We get our yard sodded in 2 weeks and then I get ot start doing all the garden stuff, which I love, that'll make me busier and on the computer less!! Good thing, as my eBay bill keeps getting higher and higher. Well, I hsould go do something to clean up my disasterous house, oh yuck, how unfun is that.
DewCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 07:43 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 236/230/140

Diana-I'm taking human services. i love it. my school year is done may 21.
Lisa-glad you're having a better day! i'm sure sick kids aren't fun.
Well, I exercised 40 minutes today. the second time this week. I'm not going to meet my goal, but that's okay. I also ate pizza-yuck. It didn't even taste good like I thought it would.
Thursday:
Cereal and milk
lean pocket
pizza
1 pastry
buckneram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 09:01 PM   #35  

Hello Chickies!

Just tallied up the calories for today.....just under 1500. that may sound good, but there were a lot of bad choices.....with waaaaayyyyyy too much salt......so I will be gurgling the water tonight to flush out my puffy little system!

Angela......Those final few weeks of school are always hectic.....trying to pull everything together for those exams! When will you be done.....as in totally graduated? Do you have a summer job lined up?

Brandy......Your total minutes of exercise in a day totally blow me away! I always complain about there not being enough time in a day.....and yet you seem to be able to find time! What is this spinning you keep talking about?

((Julie)).....I can only imagine your conversation with you DD. How do you explain to a little one that their birth parents gave them up......without making them feel rejected? Personally, I think she is a lucky little girl to have found you and your DH for parents.....celebrate your good fortune!

Lisa.....You forgot the first rule of motherhood: Mommies never get sick! Yeah.....right. I think your DH owes you one! Take it easy today.....or as easy as you can with kidlets to care for!

DewCan.....You have a great idea in rewarding yourself for accomplished goals! It makes the journey all the more pleasant. I am in west Michigan.....where the wildflowers are blooming.....and yes, sometimes it is like a dream (you will notice I am not mentioning 90 degree July days with 98% humidity and mosquites the size of sparrows!)

Julie......add 30 more minutes to my exercise tally and.......WOOHOO!.....I have made my first weeks goal and it is only Thursday!
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 09:52 PM   #36  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default That's right sistah!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by **Jennifer**
got a meeting at 9:30, but if I don't get this entry in, I'll be in biiiig trouble!
And it's a good thing you got them posted! Now it's official...except for Lisa...who may or may not be joining us for exercise after a day of vomitting!!!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 10:34 PM   #37  
motomom

Default Feeling Better tonight...

thank you very much!

Just a quick announcement...
OUr total for minutes of expected exercise for the month of May is 10,075 which is 167.92 hours of exercise!
Let me just say...we could kick some serious butt by June, chickies!!!

And then we will all be Woo Hoo!!!!

OK...and onto my day!! My eating was good today, again! I was within my points range and so am happy about that. Only used a couple of my flex points today, but really could have stopped at 24. I let DD pick out some Fudgesicles tonight at the grocery store and had one tonight (2 points).

I exercised again today. 25 minutes walking! That was after working all day (and I'm on my feet ALL day), taking DD to horse lessons, stopping at the grocery store, cooking dinner and eating dinner. I laid on the couch for about 20 minutes to rest my feet and then I decided I had it in me to go for a walk. So I did. I'm glad I did. TOM is here and I just have felt yucky all day. It's early, too which sucks! But that walk just made me feel so much better. I ran out of time this morning to get in any exercise and I'm sure that contributed to my "sour" mood all day!

I probably got in 80 oz. water today which is good for me. I was chugging all day. I got one of those Propel waters today which was good. I get tired sometimes of just plain ole water (I drink it from the tap, so it was a nice diversion.)

So glad tomorrow is Friday! I am going out with my girlfriends for dinner and probably a glass of wine or two. I've been looking through my WW book to see what I can have and planning my day! Fruit seems to fill me up, so I need to eat more of that! And I need to stay away from the crackers and get some rice cakes, although neither of them have much nutritional value. Any ideas for a crunchy/non veggie mid afternoon snack? I won't eat raw veggies and low fat dip in the middle of the afernoon...or anytime usually! Something I haven't had in a while is ricecakes with peanut butter or a little cream cheese. That sounds good. I'll add rice cakes to my grocery list! Oh yea...when will I get to go grocery shopping?? I am busy until...forever it seems! aaaaaaahhhhhh!

MsRD...YOu are really going gangbusters with the exercise! Good for you...and thanks for being so sweet to me...always! You are good for what ails me! (((((((MsRD))))))) Yes to Michigan in the springtime. This week has been especially pretty with all the spring blooms! And they smell so good, too. Now, if I could just find some motivation (and time!) to work in my garden!!

Angela...You concentrate on your studies. I remember how this time of year always stressed me out when I was in school...financially, emotionally, and physically! So I can relate! At least you got some exercise in for yourself! Hang in there and keep posting. That's what we are here for!

Diana...I do the same thing with my DH as far as when I lose and never when I gain, so like I said, he was suprised at the weigh in!!! LOL!!! I'm a huge Survivor fan also! We watched it tonight. I like that Cirie! She is really getting that game in her favor!!! I'm glad they finally voted off that idiot, Shane though! He should have been gone a loooooong time ago as far as I was concerned! We could talk about Survivor for a while, but I won't!
Thanks for the tips on the WW sites. I will check them out!

Lisa...Sorry you and little one have been ill! At least you won't have to worry about carting him to baseball tonight!!! Hope to hear from you soon! We need to catch up on things, anyway!

Elisha...Kick butt girl on that exercise! You ARE going to be slim and trim by your wedding! Check it out!!! (I love that smiley!)

Brandy...Your 190 minutes (IN ONE DAY A)of exercise is really setting the bar here! I can't even do that in ONE WEEK!!! You rock!!!!
Old 05-05-2006, 09:22 AM   #38  
FullTime Domestic Goddess

Good Morning Girls! Yep, it's me- the Queen of VomitLand reporting in!! Lord help me, I still feel like I have been run over by a bus. All is quiet here this morning...all the kids are at school/preschool, and I am thinking about going back to bed for a bit...but I really, really shouldn't. I spent yesterday trying to clean/disinfect our house, wash linens, spray Lysol..it was a day-long project. I slept so hard last night!

Julie- I really like the WW forum for recipes here. I get a lot of ideas from over there! BTW, girl, I am so proud of you for joining WW. You are really taking charge of your weight loss, and I know you are going to do GREAT! Also, you are doing so good with the exercise!! Let's catch up soon! I miss you!

MsRD- Hi! I often find myself going overboard with the salt intake. Good for you with drinking the extra water. And, you did well staying under 1500 calories, even with the bad choices! At least it wasn't a 2000 calorie day with bad choices.

Angela- Way to go with the 40 mins. of exercise! Yall are making me look really bad! LOL! Oh, and I know you are excited for May 21st to get here! It's nice to see a light at the end of the tunnel!!

Diana- Yay for you..for joining WW! We will have to share recipes and stuff! I really like counting points..I've done it forever, and it is not as tedious as it was when I first started-it's like second nature or something!

Jennifer- Hey girl! Hope you are well! Did you get those meetings in???

Elisha- How are the wedding plans coming along? That must be really exciting! Doesn't seem like 12 years have gone by for me...surely it was yesterday I was making those birdseed bag thingies for my wedding! LOl!

o.k...I can't see past this page of posts, and I know I missed somebody to reply to. I'll try to catch you later if I did. Hope you all have a great day. I will try my best to get my walking in today. Maybe if I just have a teeny little nap I could feel better...........
lisa girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 10:08 AM   #39  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

My Horoscope for Today
You know you need a change for the better, but your frustration with the amount of time it's taking is tempting you to slide back into some old patterns. [How true is that?] Don't. This transformation will happen at the right time, not before.

OK, so yesterday was… eh. Work was so incredibly busy, and I ended up staying late, and I didn’t want to do anything by the time I got home. I ended up heating up some leftover spaghetti and making some toast and a salad. Calories were a bit high—1885, and the scale is at 215.6 this morning. Water was decent, and I did another 34 minutes on the bike, for a total of 60 minutes yesterday. That brings me to 193 minutes out of my goal of 210 for the week.

Today is my day off from exercise, but I think I may go for a walk with Ella and Steve this evening. I slept in until almost 6:00 this morning, but was awake before my alarm. How disappointing.

This weekend will be some cleaning and some relaxing , and hopefully some cooking. If the weather is nice I might replace a small stump in our yard with a small flowering tree, like a dogwood perhaps, and put a little flower bed around it. Don’t know if I’ll be that energetic. I need to scrub both bathrooms and the kitchen, plus we have to clean the basement. We haven’t done anything to the basement since we moved in, except take a few boxes down there for storage. We had the basement blocked off from Ella so the cats would have a safe haven, but we took it down this past weekend so the dog and the cats would just get used to each other. I miss my cats! But anyway, Ella was finding random things in the basement to chew on—like nails, screws, small pieces of wood, etc.—so we blocked it off again until we can get it cleaned up. We don’t want her choking on something, or tearing up her insides by eating something she’s not supposed to. So we have to clean the basement this weekend, and hopefully just throw out all of the crap that was left down there (like cheap plastic Xmas decorations from 1967, really just a bunch of random junk), so we can open it up again.

We’ve got our last night of bowling league on Sunday, and I’m really not going to miss it at all. Sure, I’ll miss our partners, but the league we’re in just gets progressively screwier ever week, and they’re really just making us all mad and taking all the fun out of it. If we join a league this fall, it will be at the other bowling alley in town. But Sunday we’re having a big league dinner. I’m sure it will be completely unhealthy. I’m taking a pasta salad. I’m planning on eating before we leave and maybe just snacking on some veggies and my salad.

Menu:
Breakfast
1 c. coffee w/FF vanilla creamer
1 cappuccino w/4 oz. skim milk, 4 oz. coffee, 2 tsp. chocolate coffee syrup
1 fried egg, no oil whatsoever
1 hash brown, also no oil (the last one, which is probably a good thing)

Lunch
Healthy Choice Turkey something or other
Mini rice cakes
Mini Snickers

Snack
Yogurt

Dinner
No idea. We’ve got a few things I can just heat up, but I’m not really in the mood for any of them. Perhaps I’ll cook something. I really feel like just ordering a pizza. We’ll see.

Julie: YAY! on the exercise, and the water, and staying within the points! You had a great day! Have you tried the soy crisps? They’re pretty similar to rice cakes (found in the same section), but have a bit more nutritional value. The barbeque ones are yummy! Popcorn is always a good crunchy snack too. Or some LF graham crackers. Or those 100-calorie packs of… well, just about anything, as they keep coming out with more of them!
And hey, I thought you were going to start posting your menus? Well? Huh? You're supposed to be planning! You know it helps!

MsRD: Water water water. Closest thing to a diet miracle drug we can get. Drink up and flush out that system!

Angela: Are you feeling better? Good job on the exercise! Are you drinking plenty of water?

Diana: Ahh, the beauties of rewards (or the rewards of beauties!). I’m all about bribing myself to do well. Of course, I usually end up indulging in things like that anyway, so it doesn’t always work out for me, but hey, it’s worth a shot, right? I’m used to the scale going up and down daily. I tried going without weighing for a while, but when I do that I don’t pay as much attention and end up way off track. I try not to get too upset over daily fluctuations, and Monday is my “official” weigh-in day (and therefore the only day I change my tracker).

Jennifer: Lots of exercise for you! But I know you’ve got a lot to do with yard work and unpacking and so forth. But it doesn’t matter what it is, as long as you’re moving. That’s the whole point, right?

Lisa: Sorry to hear you were sick! You’re feeling better now, aren’t you? You’ve got too much to do to get sick!

OK, that’s all I’ve got time for today. Not nearly as busy as I was yesterday, but there’s still lots I need to be working on, so I’d better get to it. Have a good day, chickies!
~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 02:26 PM   #40  
A Mom

S/C/G: 227/206/147

Height: 5' 2"

Talking survived day 1

Hi all,

my day is going great. Best thing is that I know that I stayed within my points allowed yesterday!! I saved some for my evening snack as I enjoy eating then when I relax. I should learn to do domething else when I watch tv though. I need to finish a quilt os I could cut squares for it then and sew during the day. Yes, I'll have to do that.

my neighbor got a paint sprayer for the day and is painting our fence as well. How awesome is that!!! It's a new neighborhood and we have fantastic neighbors. They have kids and are very chatty, and overall nice. I live in an oil boom town and there are huge subdivisions popping up everywhere. The city grows like 10% a year or something rediculous. Lots of young families so it's great. I have so much to do today it's not even funny. Grocery shop (with two little ones it's always a real chore), laundry, clean house, and go for a walk tonight. And of course the regular stuff, take care of the kids, make supper and spend a bout 2 hours pumping, I know that's waaaay too much info but it takes a good portion of my day. that's way too long of a list. Oh life was easier when baby would just breastfeed like normal babies do. He decided at 3.5 months that he doesn't like me, grrrr....

Angela, how many years is your program. Pizza is one of my favorite foods. One thing I'll find really hard with WW.

MsRD,
Woohoo, way to go on the exercise goal met. And on Thursday!!! I though t we had the worst mosquitos in the world in northern Alberta, but sparrows, now that's huge

Julie, way to go on the points There are 1 point fudgsicles out there, in case you get more. Great for summer and those evil chocolate attacks Survivor: I like Cirie too, but I think she should have kicked off Danielle followed by Aras. She has a better chance in the final 2 with either Shane or Terry. That's justd my theory

Elisha, are you getting married? someone just said so, and if so congrats best keep him in line jsut had to use the frypan smiley somehow. That's a real motivation, a wedding! You talk about gardening, how fun. I need to plan my yard for gardens and where I want the sod. Yuck cleaning out basments is not fun, but hte more you get rid of the better. You'll be so happy when you're done I weigh daily too, and change the tracker once a week as well.

Lisa, yes, recipes would be good. I need low point carb ideas for the evening snack. Yesterday I had shrimp adn sauce followed by gingersnaps for my Survivor night. I ws happy with that. I had saved points throughout the day for it. I think I'll like the points. Just figuring them out for casseroles and stuff will be hard.

Well, I had best get at my to do list

I just saw this smiley, how cute NO I'm not pregnant, it's just cute.
DewCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 07:06 PM   #41  
used to be tofat

S/C/G: 189/128.5/130

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Hope everyone has had a beautiful Friday. Mine has been good. I did a 4 mile walk this morning with my neighbor, then came home and did a 30 minute turbojam workout. Got my hair done ran lots of errands and then hung out at the bead store that I teach at for more .

I actually got some weeding done in my garden today too! It looks a mess and we're having a picnic out by it on Sunday . I got about half way through and needed to stop. Hubby and I took the dogs for a walk up to the bank for an afternoon diversion. All in all its been a great day.

DewCan-Congrats on staying within your points! It sounds like you have your hands full with your little ones. I only get small doses while babysitting my neice and nephew (I have them a few days a week) and its very hard to get anything done with them around.

Elisha-Good luck attacking the basement! How old is Ella? I have 2 adult dogs and it is amazing what they still find to chew on! One of them loves the tiny screws that come off of computer cases, and my hubby is a computer geek who's always leaving those things where the dog can find them!

Lisa-Hope you got some rest. You need to stay healthy to take care of everybody.

hike-Great job on the exercise and the water! Glad your walk helped you feel better. It always seems to set the day in the right direction for me.

MsRD-Water, water, water, water. I've been having some trouble with my food choices this week too. We'll both get back to being good very soon!

Angela-16 more days!!!!! You're doing really well with exercise this week! I'm so happy for you.

Sorry if I missed anyone. Have a great night.
ArtsyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 01:30 PM   #42  
motomom

Default Saturday

I just got back from a hike at the local state park on Lake Michigan. I love that place. One of the women from our church has started a monthly women's hiking group and this was our first hike. I'm so out of shape! But I plugged along with the other 3 and it was rather enjoyable! We brought a little lunch with us, sat at the beach and ate it and then hiked back. I'd say it was probably one hour round trip, so I get to add 60 minutes to my weekly minutes!!! Yea!!!! I forgot to add in one day this week, so I'm also adding in another 20 minutes...I'll have to go back and check for sure on my posts!

OK...I need to shape up with the food today because yesterday I had 40 points!!! It was good until I went out to dinner...and then came home and had a piece of pizza (Pizza Hut PAN pizza)! It's a good thing they allow us those 35 extra points a week because I would not have made it through the week! It didnt' help that I had 2 glasses of wine (2 pts. per glass) but I did have a salad (with too much dressing, darn it!) and only ONE piece of bread as an appetizer (it was loaded with cheese! YUM!)

I'm really trying to get in 5 fruits and/or veggies a day, so I am going to only snack on those the rest of today. Tonight DD and I are meeting my office partner and her neice for pizza and then going to see Beauty & the Beast at the local theatre! Hopefully, we will both be rested!

I am also chugging the water today! One gets thirsty on a hike!

Elisha...I still haven't had a chance to sit down for any length of time to figure out my menus, but I do try in the morning before I leave for work, it's just that I don't have time to figure it out, write it in my book, then post it. Life is pretty crazy for me righ tnow, so I'll try to be more organized this next week. Next weekend we are going camping, so that will be fun to try to plan healthy meals. Actually, we try to avoid the "snacky" food when we camp and buy lots of fruit and veggies to snack on. DD likes them and we do too...dont' know why we don't eat them at home more often...actually, we are trying!

DewCan...Someone told me about cinnamon lf graham crackers. You put some lite cool whip on them and freeze them! I tried one today. They are good and I think only one point! And yes, I know about the one point fudgecicles, but we were in a hurry at the grocery store just picking up a few things and DD saw them and I said sure! You know how it goes!

That's all I had time for comments for today. I'll be back tomorrow, though. DD and I are running off to a horse show for the rest of the afternoon. I think a nap will be in order before the big theatre event tonight...for BOTH of us!!! LOL!
Old 05-06-2006, 01:34 PM   #43  
motomom

Default Ps

...and I EXCEEDED my goal for exercise minutes this week!!!!
Old 05-07-2006, 12:44 PM   #44  
motomom

Default Sunday

Just a quick entry here.
Yesterday was another "over the points" day, but I think I'm back on track today. Still working on menus for the week! I wish my family wasn't so picky! DH asked me what I wanted with the Salmon tonight (that he's grilling) and I told him I wanted asparagus and a sweet potatoe. Neither DD or DH like either one! But he asked......

I have to go into work for a few hours today, but I'm planning to go do a little yard work or check on the camper (we are going camping next weekend) to see what we need! Plus I have a ton of laundry, vacuuming & all the other sordid housework that needs to be done before I go back to work tomorrow! What is a woman supposed to do?????????????

Hope you all are having a super Sunday!!!
Old 05-07-2006, 01:54 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 236/230/140

Okay, sorry I've been MIA for a few days. It's been crazy around here. Well, I'm going to start over with a clean plate, like I did 2 months ago and actually lost weight. I'm following my plan from the dietitian. I haven't really cared the last few weeks, but now I realize I only have about 2 months bf my mom comes home for the first time in a year and I don't want to look like a fat cow! LOL! If I could loose 10 pounds, I would feel much better. So, I am going to make a scrapbook of my weight lose journal. I'm going to put my pics, measurements, food diary, everything that pertains to loosing weight in this book. It will be great motivation, especially since I love to scrapbook!
Today I'm doing very well. Ate cheerios for breakfast and honeydew for a snack. Gonna have lunch soon. Maybe some soup or a lean pocket. I also have cleaned and done my homework. The rest of the day is for planning meals and working on my book! And, can't forget, practicing guitar. I have my final tomorrow. I'm playing Since you've been gone (kelly clarkson). I love that song.
Julie-housework equals buring calories! YEAH!
buckneram is offline   Reply With Quote