Old 02-28-2006, 09:18 PM   #1  
"workin' on my fitness"

Height: 5'10"

Default ~*~ "March"-ing Back To Basics Challenge ~*~

Since so many of us have been struggling with the same issues- motivation, focus, willpower, and even just the strength to get up and get out of bed, there's no better time for a new challenge, and a clean slate. Fresh starts for everyone!

Wise men say that the journey of 1,000 miles starts with a single step. Let's start taking those single steps, and string them together until we get to that first mile marker. Marching onward towards our goals to lose weight, look better, feel better, and live longer, healthier lives. We all stumble. We lose our footing, fall back a few steps, but as long as we keep getting up, we will succeed. And the best thing about our group- every time we stumble, there are always hands outstretched to help us up, and dust us off, lending a shoulder to lean on until we can take the next steps forward.

Pick one small step to start with- whatever you know you can do. Drinking water. Preparing good snacks. 15, 20, or 30 minutes of movement. Planning better meals. Journaling or posting daily, whether good or bad. We can and WILL do this, but we don't have to do it alone.

And if I haven't said it lately, please know that each and every one of you wonderful ladies are amazing, and I could not do this without you!

**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 10:14 PM   #2  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default I'm here...

Yes! This is what we need to do! Exactly! (We say this every month, don't we?) Marching...like soldiers going into battle! We've got our armor (each other , food plans, water bottle, exercise) and we've got ammunition ( ) and our drive to fight ! So let's DO IT!!!

My plan and my goal for this month are as follows:

Goal: Lose 10 lbs by April 1

How:
1. Start moving! I will work out every other day or 4 times a week for a minimum of 30 minutes a day. That can include morning Tai Chi and/or aerobic and/or toning.
2. Start eating less and tracking my food. That means I will journal everything that touches my lips.

Tomorrow is Ash Wednesday, the beginning of Lent (for those of you who celebrate Christian holidays)...40 days of giving up something I don't need...that would be SUGAR! I am giving it up. There's no "I hope I can do this" or "wish me luck"! This is about determination! I am just going cold turkey! I truly feel this is the ONLY way I can do this. I am addicted to sugar... I'm a junkie! And they say that the first step is to admit it! There! I admitted it to all of you. I had a long talk with a friend of mine yesterday about how "we" as a society are "worshippers of food"! I have never thought of it that way before, but for me...that was one of those "WOW" moments.

Don't read any further if "religious stuff" offends you!
I have been reading my daughter stories from the bible (her request). And one of lessons I have been hearing over and over is that God does not want us to worship any other "gods" but Him. Food, to me sometimes...is a god, of sorts...and I DO worship it. It controls me. I do NOT want to be controlled by the "god of food"! I would prefer to live my life worshipping the God that I love and who loves me (and each of you) for the person He made me into.

So....with you all as my witnesses and God as my guide, from this day forward, I am taking on a new approach and giving it to Him! All the crap that goes with it too...He can have it! I don't want it...I don't need it!

I know that I have continued with this support group because I do NEED each one of you for that moral support and love that you give to me and one another. I will continue to be here and check in daily but I am going to be reporting POSITIVE thoughts and POSITIVE RESULTS from here on in! You have my word! My life is going to change from this day forward! I hope you will join me in my journey to the "new me"!!

Thanks to Jennifer for setting this up! I am going to be posting some links to some articles as I read them (they won't ALL be spiritual). I hope that each of you can take something away with you this month for your own personal life. Elisha...I do hope you post those questions. They always inspire me to try to do my best!

MsRD, Joy, Lisa, Betani, TBJ, Rosie, Elisha & Jennifer...Please know that each of you mean so much to me and I could NOT do this without you! I love you all!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 10:27 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 257/252/150

Hi everybody,

Here's to a new start Thank you for starting the new thread Jennifer.

I've decided to "take off" on my fuedian moment and make my first mini goal to go a month journalling and staying under 1800 calories. Pareto's Principle or the 80-20 Rule helps you manage those things that really make a difference to your results. I entend to stick with the 80% rule and aim for at least 25 for the month.

I have been managing to walk at least 5 of 7 days lately, so it is my hope to continue that "found" habit. Getting to bed at a decent hour continues to be a struggle for me and as a result so does the morning exercising. I'm hoping to "dig up" a little inspiration with the sunrise coming earlier these days.

I need to stay in touch with you all, chickies, to stay in touch with myself. Thanks for all your support in the past and I hope (I know) I can count on you all to keep me in line. Where is that tazer... did you have it last Elisha?

Time to make a new start ... Spring will be here soon ... and so will shorts weather

How would you ladies feel about having a weekly mini challenge? Hopefully this would help to eliminate the mid month blahs I'll be the first to say that I will exercise (probably walk) 210 minutes between March 1 and March 7... Any takers ....

Joy

Ok Julie ... we posted at the same time. Thanks for your post and all I can say is Amen, Sister. Love ya kiddo.

Last edited by JoyG56; 02-28-2006 at 10:38 PM.
JoyG56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 10:41 PM   #4  
motomom

Default Challenge & Effort

I found this on one of my favorite inspirational websites...The Daily Motivator. Hope you all enjoy it and there are hundreds of daily motivators filed away on the website. Here's the link if you want to check it out:
http://greatday.com/motivate/index.html
(Hope that worked)

Accomplishment would have little meaning if it were too easy to come by. The challenge and the effort are what make the reward worth having.
The dreams that are difficult to reach are the dreams that have the most value. For they compel you to stretch your abilities, your knowledge and your expectations beyond previous limits.

The goals that are the most ambitious are the ones that will bring out the best in you. The objectives that require the most effort are the ones that will bring you the most real and lasting value.

If everything you desire could be obtained with no effort, there would be no way to experience the joy of fulfillment. If life had no challenge, it would be unbearably empty.

As you make each difficult effort, know that you are creating real meaning and fulfillment in your life. As you push your way forward through the many challenges, keep in mind how fortunate you are to be able to meet them.

Today you have the opportunity to build your strength and to express your purpose through the efforts that you make and the challenges you face. Enthusiastically embrace that opportunity, and you'll be able to look back on this day with real satisfaction.

-- Ralph Marston
Old 03-01-2006, 08:43 AM   #5  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Question Questions of the Day

OK, so you've all heard this question before, but it seemed a fitting way to kick off the month, a reminder of why we're all here.

Why do you want to lose weight? Is it something you're hoping to gain, or hoping to avoid? Is there something that happened in your past that spurred you to this journey? What sparked the decision?
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 09:26 AM   #6  
Bound and Determined

Good morning my lovely, beautiful, wonderful chickies!

Jennifer, thank you for setting up this challenge. We all need to snap out of this funk, and a new challenge and a clean slate are the perfect ways to do that!

My goals for this month are pretty basic.
1. Exercise 20 days this month, at least 30 minutes. Walking, yoga, bike, Y!F, whatever.
2. Drink 100 oz of water per day. I’ve been slacking off, and I can tell.
3. Track my food every single day. I kind of skipped that in February.
4. Work my way back to 1500-1600 calories per day. I’ve been so high for so long, I’m going to do this one gradually, but I plan to be there by the 20th.

I fixed my scale, so it’s working properly now. *sigh*
I weighed in this morning. I was right—all the weight I lost in January is back, with a friend. 218.2. At the beginning of January I was at 217.4. But it’s ok. I’ll make it back down.
Measurements weren’t good either. Didn’t compare them with last month’s, as I couldn’t find last months on my computer (I know they’re there somewhere). But I know it’s not good. I knew my pants were getting tight.
But again, ToM is coming today or tomorrow, and I haven’t been drinking enough water, so I know I’m a little heavy and bloated. I’m not blaming all my weight on that though, as I know February was the worst dieting month I’ve had in a long time. But it will ease up.

One strategy I’m going to employ starting today is eating fewer carbs in the evenings. I know that makes a difference in my weight loss, as I’ve seen it happen before. I’m not cutting out carbs altogether, just limiting them late in the day. I’m not going to be incredibly strict about it either—I’ve got some lovely potatoes I’m just waiting to bake this weekend when Steve and I can have dinner together—but I’m going to do it for the most part. Ideally I’d like to eat a large breakfast, medium lunch, and small dinner, with snacks if I need them. My body functions better that way anyway.

One odd thing (well, odd to me, at least) that occurred to me this morning as I was reading Julie’s post is that I’m going to give up something for Lent. Now, I’ve never given up anything for Lent before, as I am not particularly religious, nor is my family. I guess I’m not really giving up anything for Lent, I just feel the need to give up something for a while, and this seems like a good time to do it. (I hope no one is offended by my lack of religiosity.)
So what am I giving up? Chocolate. Every single day I’ve had horrible chocolate cravings. I know that if I indulge I just end up with more cravings. After a few days it’s not so bad and eventually the cravings go away altogether. I just need to get it out of my system. So no chocolate for me, at least for a while.

I’m feeling incredibly random today. Can you tell?

Yesterday went pretty much as planned, food-wise. The exceptions were one sandwich cookie at my grandparents’ house and some bread and butter with dinner. On the menu today:

Breakfast:
2.5 cups of hazelnut coffee with creamer and sugar
LF granola cereal with skim milk
Banana
1 slice whole wheat toast with peanut butter and apple butter

Lunch:
Diet Vanilla Coke
Frozen dinner—turkey pomodoro
Apple

Snack:
LF yogurt

Dinner:
Homemade taco salad with lots of veggies

I reset my DietPower and started tracking my food again this morning. I was amazed at how many calories were in my breakfast. That’s a big reason why I like tracking my food—sometimes I think things are healthy, but that doesn’t mean they’re a good choice calorically.

Question of the Day:
Why do you want to lose weight? Is it something you're hoping to gain, or hoping to avoid? Is there something that happened in your past that spurred you to this journey? What sparked the decision?

Lots of reasons. I’ve always been fat, and I want to know what it feels like to be slim and trim and wear cute clothes while I’m still young enough to enjoy it. I want to turn heads, and make my fiancé proud of me. And there’s the wedding, and the honeymoon, and I want to look good at that time. The one day of my life when I’m supposed to be the most beautiful… well, let’s just say I’ll have to work on that. And I have high cholesterol, my back hurts every single day, and there are probably other health problems that I need to work on. I want to be as healthy as possible. And there are children in my future. I want to get healthy now so that my body can support me throughout pregnancy, and I want to stay healthy so that I can play with my children and teach them how to be healthy. Most importantly perhaps, I want to be comfortable in my body. I’ve never known that.

OK, that’s it for me at the moment. I think this ramble is long enough. Have a beautiful day, chicks.
~Elisha
Old 03-01-2006, 12:01 PM   #7  
"workin' on my fitness"

Good Morning, well, almost afternoon! So far, it has been a good day, totally in control, but the day is young. Breakfast was a Zone bar, and diet coke. I am getting ready to fill my 32oz cup with ice water, and start sipping that. That's a huge perk here that I keep forgetting about- we have a big cooler of bottled water, and it is about 25-30 steps away. Free, cold, bottled water, and I don't take full advantage of it. That changes now.

And, I even just got up and filled my glass- 32oz with a few cubes of ice, just to make sure I drink it all while it is still cold, and refreshing.

Lunch is going to be consumed momentarily- turkey breast with swiss on rye bread (a better choice than the soggy white bread) and a big deli pickle. Dinner will have to be decided later, but worst case scenario will be chicken breast & yellow rice from Chicken Kitchen. Moving will do wonders for my planning & preparing, so I'll focus on what I can control no matter where I am.

So, that means for this month, the following:

* I will drink a minimum of 96oz of water, every day, without fail
* I will limit my caffeinated soda intake to no more than 2 cans per day
* I will prepare baggies with cereal, and buy a week's worth of cottage doubles to bring to the office & leave in the fridge so that I have a healthy breakfast every morning
* I will wear my pedometer and log my steps daily, to gague exactly how sedentary I really am, and begin working additional steps into my workday.
* I will journal all food eaten, good, or bad
* I will take a multivitamin every day, until I can replenish my full stash

That's a start for me, and it's a lot more than I have done for myself so far this year. Today, the focus starts to shift to me, and I need to believe that I am worth the time and effort.

Question of the day:

First, thank you, Elisha, for doing these again. They always get my head back in the game, thinking about what I need to be doing, and how to get back there.

Such an easy question, it seems…but there are so many aspects and layers. I want to lose weight because I don’t want the alternatives. If I keep going in the direction I have been going, I’ll develop diabeties, like my mother did. I have a family history or arthritis that settles into the knees, a great grandmother who was house-bound in a 3rd story walkup apartment because of her knees, and my mother who has had arthoscopic surgery in both knees before she was 50. If I don’t get the weight off, I’m as good as dead, and I’d like to think I have a lot to live for. A good job. Amazing friends who are better than sisters. My family. I have a wonderful husband who loves me. We just built the home of our dreams. I’d like to be around to enjoy it, after we struggled for so long to be able to buy the land, and then all the problems we had throughout the building process. I’m hoping to gain health. And energy. Fewer aches and pains. I’m hoping to avoid some of the attention that comes with being so overweight. Needing seatbelt extenders on a plane. Making sure that anywhere we go, we can get a table & not a booth. I don’t know when I started to gain the weight. I know my kindergarten and early childhood pictures show I was a normal size, but then, like 6th and 7th grade, I’m bigger than the other kids. In high school, I was a size 18, but carried it really well & no one would have known.

One thing in the past that I recently replayed in my head, and to my dear friend Mary who had to listen to me blather on for 2 hours, is that I think that part of my weight gain was as a result of growing up poor. I started working when I was 14 so that I wouldn’t be such a burden to my parents. I didn’t feel that I should ask for a certain shampoo, or hairspray, or anything that wasn’t the generic, or cheapest brand available. So I wanted to contribute. Having money of my own, to me, meant power. Meant control over myself, but instead, I kind of went nutso. Since we never had fast food, or an abundance of anything, it was kind of a free-for-all, I think. I could stop at a fast food place and get whatever I wanted, and afford it. And then working at a fast food place, and then in the mall, with a food court, and then waitressing, and helping in the bar- all places where bad food is available, in abundance. Call it lack of self control, combined with knowing nothing about nutrition, and not having a lot of variety, or choices growing up. Call it self destruction, emotional eating, food as an escape from poverty, from reality, from depression, and from having to deal with problems head on, instead of looking for the easy out and escape.

Comments:

Julie- I can't wait to see your links- you get some great articles & newsletters, and are so wonderful to share with us!

Joy- love the mini challenges- that should help so much with the motivation, and a kick start each week as there's something new to look forward to.

Elisha- I will join you in the chocolate-free Lent. I've been dipping into the hershey kisses too often, and even last night, after posting, hubby bought me a little square of Ghiradelli chocolate with raspberry filling. I shared it with him, but I didn't need that, now did I? Sheesh! Oh- and have you tried the diet black cherry vanilla coke? YUMMO!

Ok chicks, I'll stop by tonight after work & report my dinner, and what I accomplished, water & step-wise. Hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday, Ash Wednesday, and March 1st!

Last edited by **Jennifer**; 03-01-2006 at 12:36 PM.
Old 03-01-2006, 01:08 PM   #8  
Oddball

S/C/G: 185/157.4/135

I know I have been able to maintain doing my library laps for 20 minutes each weekday, so I'll make sure I keep that up. I'm starting to falter with my water drinking, so I'm going to really watch myself and make sure I get 4 bottles each day.

I NEED TO DITCH THIS FEBRUARY FUNK!!!

I've been so down in the dumps lately that I'm driving other people crazy. Poor DH is acting like a whipped puppy, thinking he is the cause of my unhappiness. I'm frustrated that he thinks that, and he's frustrated that I'm frustrated.

IT'S TIME TO BREAK THIS SUPERLATIVELY STUPID CYCLE!!!

(Thank you, thesaurus.com!)

QOTD: The original reason for my weight loss journey was the realization and embarrassment that I was officially obese. Now, though, I need to lose weight because my cholesterol won't go down, and I can't afford to take any more prescription medications.

Jennifer-- Great challange! Thanks for setting this one up!

Julie-- I often think I shouldn't burden God with my worries, forgetting that that's the whole point! Thanks for reminding me of that! Psalm 55:22a-- "Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you."

Joy-- I think I'll take a different take on the exercise challange. In addition to my 20 minute library laps on weekdays, my challange will be to do 2 sets (10 reps each) of a different strength training exercise each day. IE, one day do crunches, counter push-ups, the next, lunges the next, dumbells, etc.

Elisha-- Carb cravings at night are one of my downfalls, too. I have yet to find a successful replacement for chips, etc, but at least I'm aware.
Betani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 07:46 PM   #9  

Hi Chicks!

It is sooo good to start a new month.....February was just plain awful and I am glad to have it behind me!

Jennifer.....Thank you for setting up this new challenge, and for wiping my slate clean! I really need to get down to basics....and my 1 small step toward weight loss is going to be exercising. I always feel better when I exercise, both physically and mentally. So, I will break out the WATP video, until good weather will allow me more outside activities.

Julie....Your inspiration quote was perfect for the first day of our journey. And it sounds like we all are 'enthusiastically enbracing this opportunity'!

Joy.....Shorts weather? Now that is a reason for losing weight right there! Count me in on our mini challenge........180 minutes of exercise between now and March 7

Elisha.....You really have some good goals there.....it shows that you have really put some thought into this challenge. Thanks for putting up the Question of the Day.....even if they are repeats, they all make me think.

Betani.....Isn't it true that our moods affect everyone around us. I always prefer being around happy people....maybe one of our goals should be to smile more and spread some of that sunshine around.

Question of the Day......I want to lose weight for health reasons. I could give you a whole laundry list of illnesses throughout my family......everything from diabetes to heart disease to cancer......and that should be enough to scare me into losing all these pounds (but isn't). Tomorrow, I will be seeing my doctor for a physical, so hope that will truly get me started.
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 08:49 PM   #10  
"workin' on my fitness"

Evening, ladies! Well, day 1 coming to a close, and I haven't done anything to screw it up! Yeah! First time in how long, right?

I managed to get 1463 steps in from when I put my pedometer on at work. I had added goals once I realized what I had forgotten- movement- and even though I'm not setting goal steps, this will show me exactly why I need to get up and go to the copier myself, instead of letting NewGirl run all the time. Same with getting that water, and checking the fax machine, etc. Time to take some extra steps every day.

Added bonus steps included going to Pet Supermarket to get the kitties some food. Not everyone in this house is on a diet, although you'd think we starved them by the way they react to the crinkle of the kibble bag. Vermin! (that's our affectionate name for them- our little babies)

Dinner was picked up- and a good choice- Chicken Kitchen, so I had yellow rice and a plain grilled chicken breast, diced. Yum. I know I needed to add veggies to that, but since I have not shopped yet for this house, that's the best meal I could put together with what I had access to.

I finally downloaded the pictures from this past weekend. I have pictures of the office- and believe me, this is the last time it will be this clean! Also adding a kitchen picture, and this weekend, possibly some bathroom, master bath & den pictures.

Betani- keep up those laps, chickie. And come shake off that funk- hopefully we are all sporting a brighter outlook today. Spring is coming, too!

MsRD- That reminds me- I need to find my box of DVDs from storage this weekend- I can do the WATP on the computer, since it will play DVDs. The VHS ones will have to wait for the full move. Thank you for jump-starting the brain into working. Oh poop, I'll bet I'm so out of shape right now I'll be panting before the half mile mark. Yikes! How did I get back to this point?

I'll check in tomorrow morning once I get to the office. I am planning on getting an earlier start so that I can be at Publix a little after 7am when they open, and bring my cottage doubles to the office. Hope everyone has a good Hump Night!
Old 03-01-2006, 08:54 PM   #11  
"workin' on my fitness"

Default Pictures....

ok, the pics I promised. Night, ladies
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Office1.jpg (20.4 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg Office2.jpg (20.7 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg Office3.jpg (33.6 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg kitchen1.jpg (34.1 KB, 18 views)
Old 03-01-2006, 10:19 PM   #12  
motomom

Default A good day!

OK...I have made it through a whole day WITHOUT SUGAR!!! I did almost screw it up. This afternoon...at work...I was passing out little Teddy Grahams to the residents and put one in my mouth. I immediately was reminded (by the sweet taste on my tongue!) that I was not to eat sugar...That was pretty much gone by the time I realized it, so I swallowed it anyway...but THAT WAS IT!!!

I really haven't kept track of the rest of the food I ate today, so here goes. At least it didn't include sugar:
AM: SF Vanilla low fat Latte (home made), 2 egg beaters, 1 slice WW toast w/butter
Lunch: 1/2 Turkey Bacon Ranch Wrap from Arby's, 5 Jalapeno Poppers (I know, not the best chocie)...Diet Coke
Afternoon snack: one slice homemade white bread (we did it at work in the bread maker) with one pat of butter. YUMMY!
Supper: 1/3 Marie Calendar's Lasagne, l garlic toast
HS Snack: 1/3 bag popcorn, 1 oz. baked cheese curls mixed...with a sprinkle of Splenda!

I can see that I need to cut down on the carbs...too much bread today...and definately too much fat...but one thing at a time. I need to get through the first few days or week without sugar and then I will concentrate on adding more fruits and veggies.

No exercise today. Tomorrow I go to get my feet fitted for orthotics. The pain is back and now I remember why I didn't work out for so long! OUCH! Tonight was a really bad night! Hurting.

Jennifer...the pictures of the office are awesome! I'm so happy that your day was a success! We can make it what we want to, can't we? Let's chat soon!

MsRD...Hope your appointment goes well. I'm so glad you are still with us. Yes...February was not a good month...thank goodness for new starts (or tomorrows)

Betani...Yes! So glad you are joining us too! This is just what we need to get our minds and souls to reconnect!

Elisha...I like your attitude, chickie!

Joy... I've missed you!!!!! You go sistah, friend! I'm in on the mini challenge...120 minutes by March 7. That means I need to really start moving. Can I count the walks between the nursing home and ALC each day? That's a good...oh...3 minute walk one way!!! LOL! No...I'll just count the extra stuff I do outside of work!

QOTD
Why do you want to lose weight? OMG...there's a million reasons but first and foremost is the fact that I work in a nursing home and I have seen what sedentary lifestyles do to people. I need to MOVE because I don't want ot be confined to a wheelchair and become dependent on others to care for me! OMG...and then there's the "feeling good" part of it...and the fact that my family history sucks when it comes to obesity, heart failure & diabetes, not to mention arthritis and joint disease! But, there's also the "vanity factor"...that is, I want to wear "skinny cute clothes" and look good in a bathing suit by the time I'm...well...50...which isn't that far off. It IS possible that one time in my life, I will look good, isn't it...even if it is in the 5th decade of my life!!!

Is there something that happened in your past that spurred you to this journey? I think just looking at pictures of myself and realizing how FAT I really was was enough to get me going...but as some of you know, this journey has lasted so far...over 2 years! It's been a heck of a ride!

What sparked the decision? Just the fact that I struggled every day with how I looked. Nothing fit me right (I'm short), I hated wearing shorts let alone a bathing suit, and I just was tired of being fat! Still am!

That's my story...short and sweet! But it's the past and I'm moving forward! Onward and "downward" on the scale!

Here's to a wonderful Thursday and a great first week!

Hugs!
Old 03-02-2006, 01:40 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 257/252/150

Here I am ... and ..... drum roll please.... it's 10pm I was able to manage staying on track today. I logged on fitday and recorded my food and calories came out at 1511 (hey I've got room if I need it - probably not a good thing to eat after 10pm - but I might save it up for later in the week ---- let's make a note I have 289 calories in the bank). Exercise was a forty minute "nooner" walk. Water wasn't great ... maybe 30 oz...

Julie Thanks for the inspirational quote. I have had Ralph Marsden articles as focus many times. I'm going to check out that site. BTW your exercise minutes can be anything you want, but maybe you'll make a point of doing the 3 minute walk more times than usual

Jennifer Way to go with the healthy choices today. Thanks for the pictures....it's nice see what you think in reality (does that make sense?) So, chickie .. here's to day two in a row

Elisha It's great what a "new slate" will do. You've got a great opportunity to set some real "healthful" habits in your new home.

MsRd I will try to get up with you at least 3 days next week to WATP... I haven't been motivated to do that for a VERY long time. Monday for sure ..

Betani Keep up those library laps. The strength training exercises should help too ... Do you want to do a water challenge???? I'm having a problem focussing on getting my water down too... I was hoping to get in 72 oz per day. How about you?

QOTD
Why do you want to lose weight?
I'm thinking that I could come up with a new reason everyday ... so for at least a while ... I will add this as a daily entry
1. I want to be able to buy clothing in "normal" sizes. I want to be able to walk in a store and be able to have the selection, to be able to know I'll fit into at lest "one thing" in the store.... besides socks.

Anyways... it's 10:40 and I still have chores to do before bed....

Hugs, everyone
Joy
JoyG56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 07:48 AM   #14  
motomom

Default Lent

So many people have asked me about Lent, so I did a little research this morning on the internet because growing up a Catholic, things just weren't explained to me. For those of you who aren't "religious", please pardon this post. This paragraph is only part of the article about Lent which can be found here:
http://www.beliefnet.com/story/100/story_10017_1.html

I thought that this paragraph could speak to all of us, which is why I am sharing it with you.

Lent is the time to expect temptation and [experience] afflictive emotions such as shame, humiliation, anger, greed, the time to look at how those instincts, which are developed in early childhood are frustrated--or gratified. See there's a hazard in self-exaltation if we get what we want, or depression if we don't get what we want. To work on those [emotions] during Lent, I think, is more effective than fasting or rituals.

HUGS!
Old 03-02-2006, 09:08 AM   #15  
Bound and Determined

Question Question of the Day

How do you think losing weight will improve your life?