Old 01-20-2009, 08:21 PM   #16  
Motivated for 2009

S/C/G: 240/200/125

Height: 5'5"

BTW my 5th wedding anniversary is on 7-1-09 so I was hoping to get down as low as possible so I can get a sexy new outfit and maybe even some lingerie to wear for DH!
2ndChance09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 06:33 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 278/264/120

Height: 5ft.3

Hi and good luck, girls! Will be keeping an eye on this thread and fingers crossed.
Just some scattered thoughts... As you can see from my ticker, my overall goal was over 120 pounds, and it looks as it will take the better part of two years. Yeah, the loss in the beginning is dramatic, motivating, exciting - yet it takes quite a lot of effort not to get discouraged when you plateau out and maintain. So my advice (for myself as well) is, congratulate yourselves every day that you have stayed on track, that you have done the right things - even if the scales are not moving! The important thing is you are changing your lives for the better, and with each passing day you are getting closer to your wished shape. Well, that is what has kept me on track, hope it helps.
I'm in with 60 pound goal (which is way too much to hope for in 6 months, but hey, I am allowed to dream, right!) but whatever goes away would be great!
I am on the Dukan regime, walking for fitness (10000 steps a day) and occasional cycle and swimming session; ah, and I do dance workouts at home when noone is watching!
fractal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 06:46 AM   #18  
Better,Faster,Stronger

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Height: 5'9

I agree with alot of posters before me and say Id shoot for half of that in 6 months.Im giving myself a year to lose a stitch over 100 lbs,but Im trying to break it down in 25 lb goals so it makes it more acheiveable to my mindset.
You can do it just give yourself more time!
Keldug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 08:49 PM   #19  

Height: 5'7"

I have been doing this for 12 months and lost 85lbs. I would love to lose the rest with the year.I am in the a 6month challenge though.I am shooting to be at 185 in june.
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:50 PM   #20  
This I CAN do!

S/C/G: 275/145

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone is up for this challenge? I've gone through a lot, and just want to get this weight off by October.

20 pounds a month is tough, but it's possible - I've done it before.

Anyone in??
shineyjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 08:15 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

hey shineyjo- twenty pounds a month is my plan, although I think I'll be okay with 12-15. I too have done it, but only for two months at a time. I'm totally up for the challenge though, I would like to lose 100 pounds total, and if we can do 20 pounds a month, that's only 5 months away!

And while I understand people say it is not healthy to lose this much this fast, I make sure that I eat at least 1200 cals a day and take one day off a week from exercising. And doing this I was able to lose 40 pounds in 2 months, so I don't see why it won't work this time!!

So, yes, I am totally in!!
mdchick88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 01:59 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 278/264/120

Height: 5ft.3

Default Shame on me...

Instead of losing 60 pounds, I put on 30+, then restarted Dukan and back (again...), and currently looking forward to get into onederland...
Argh...
fractal is offline   Reply With Quote