Old 01-09-2006, 07:47 PM   #61  

S/C/G: xmas start wt: 156

Default Blew my diet today.

Okay, blew my diet today. Didn't eat bad stuff (except for ONE brownie my kids made (and it has TONS of calories)) but it added up. Overdid fat, calories, and pretty much everything. Drank a lot of water though. That's a good thing. Moved around at work today, but talked myself out of going to the gym.

When I first started (and was losing weight), I was on very low calories. Thought it was fine, but read that I should up them some more. Every day since then, it seems I've up them more and more. Now today it was up to 2100 calories. Personally I can't tell the line anymore. I like eating all the variety of food, but I like losing weight more. What do you think?
DeafinlySmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 08:25 PM   #62  
dgpebbles

Deafinlysmart - with the stress of being back at work and the running up & down the halls probably did wear you out...after you stop moving so much it caught up with you but you'll adjust and be right back into your routine..also I'm with you on needing the fiber and protein...yeah and I don't really like meat that much...I have found a cereal called kashi-clusters that i really like and it's higher in protein and fiber...
Also you said when you first started you were on very low calories...I was wonder what your calorie intake was then cause i've just started and can't figure out what amount of calories I should be eating
dgpebbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 11:20 AM   #63  

hi...just checking in....

personally i have lost weight only when i restrict my calories to 1200-1400 and not eat after 7pm....i found a daily calorie intake calculator on our own website...woo hoo...http://www.3fatchicks.com/diets/dcn.php

i read a lot of posts abt how hard it is to start with the weight loss routine....maybe u should slow down...for instance, in the beginning don't try too hard to eat right and exercise at the same time. ..start with either one...i find exercise easy...so i workout religously for a week...and then slowly incorporate the diet part in it. Its easier 'coz after a week my brain tells me..."hey u r exercising already..so why not eat right as well to lose the flab".... ....just my two cents...

Good Luck everybody...
Juhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 01:07 PM   #64  
I'll call him Con Queso!!

I think you're right Juhi. It can be difficult to just shift so quickly in your lifestyle. Baby steps!
Well, I havn't been to the gym, now all 3 of us are sick. I'm going tonight after Mark gets home from work.
My life is very uneventful! I'm going to weigh in later on, see what damamge I've caused so far!
Allensmom23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 03:06 PM   #65  

no damage! down 2lbs!
Old 01-11-2006, 12:18 AM   #66  

woooohoooo for allensmom23
Old 01-11-2006, 05:12 AM   #67  

Way to go on the weight loss!!!
Ive been good so far this week. Have hit the gym each day, drinking lots of water and sticking to low carb! yea!!!!!!!
thincruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 03:15 PM   #68  

Not getting to the gym today. Mark is working late and we were both runnign around town this am getting other stuff done. I'll do my home workout when Allen goes to bed.
Having a birhtday party on Friday for little ol' ME! Yay! So I need to get my house in order and figure out what types of snacks I need here.
Old 01-12-2006, 09:37 AM   #69  
Determined

Default Can I Still Join?

Is it too late to jump into this thread?
I am late getting started but would like to take 10 pounds off by the end of January...

:
LouMAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 02:06 PM   #70  

welcome to the group LouMAK....we weigh in on fridays....

eat right.....and workout
Old 01-12-2006, 07:52 PM   #71  

S/C/G: xmas start wt: 156

Default Calories

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgpebbles
I was wonder what your calorie intake was then cause i've just started and can't figure out what amount of calories I should be eating
I started out at 1200-1300 at first. Then I figured out I wasn't getting enough nutrients and want something reasonable when I've lost weight (so I don't gain it back. I upped it to 1500. Today I only had 1000. It varies. I do try to look at my nutrition part of fitday as well as the calories, etc. I'm learning as I go too. Today I didn't do as well on nutrients, but I excercised, so I made a goal for myself.
DeafinlySmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 06:40 AM   #72  

NO loss from this past week feel kinda down about it too this week will just keep at it tho good luck all.

194/190/175 first goal
fauna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 09:43 AM   #73  

S/C/G: 210/154.4/135

Height: 5'6"

only done by 1lb but really overdid it - was working out twice a day since Monday. I was hoping for more but ok that I only lost 1lb
Sweetloml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 10:32 AM   #74  

sigh..nothing good to tell...

i am up by 2 pounds....i lost 4 the week before...i don't understand....

i wanna stop this lose gain lose gain cycle.........
Old 01-13-2006, 10:56 AM   #75  
dgpebbles

wow.. I'm down 2lbs this week..I'm so excited cause last 2 weeks I din't lose anything... just don't you girls give up...It will happen just stick to it...
dgpebbles is offline   Reply With Quote