Old 12-31-2005, 09:24 PM   #151  
Ima bundle *' emotion

i'd love to see what you come up with for the challenge julie.
Extrinsic Rapture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 10:39 PM   #152  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

TBJ: Your sig line cracks me up! I suppose now it will be a race between us, eh? A little healthy competition never hurt anyone though ("healthy" being the operative word, of course).

Julie: I know what you mean about "poop or get off the pot" (we use that saying too, but we're not usually so polite about it!). I've been fooling around and losing ground (but gaining weight) for an entire year, and it's got to stop. I'm all for daily accountability, weekly chats, a buddy system, anything you can think to set up. Count me in!

I'm feeling a little random and scatter-brained this evening. To answer some random questions...

Yes, Steve got down on one knee. We were sitting on the couch opening presents, and when we finished he asked if that was all I had gotten him. Well, you know me and my righteous temper, I was kind of offended because I had gotten him something fairly expensive, at least for me (nevermind the fact that he spent at least 3 times what I did, even without the ring). Then he said, "Well, that's not all I got you." Then he quoted this joke we have where I tell him "what's mine is mine, and what's yours is mine," and said, "Now it's time to make YOU mine." Then there was the down on one knee thing, and I don't remember anymore actual words because I was just too excited.

The date we're thinking about is December 30, 2006, but at least in that general time frame, so we've got a whole year to work on things. I just think December 30 would be good because 1. we would have to take less time off work because we'd already have time off, 2. we could use Christmas decorations already up, and 3. we could have a big pre-New Year's Eve party, then be on our honeymoon for the actual New Year's Eve celebration (how fun would that be?). Steve seems ok with that idea, but he hasn't come right out and agreed to it.

So yeah, it sounds like all of us have almost exactly one year to work ourselves down to a size 10, as that seems to be the common goal size. For me, that's 50 pounds or so (at least I hope that will put me in a size 10, though I don't really know for sure). My plan is 1 pound per week, holding steady for the weeks of Thanksgiving and Christmas. (After all, those weeks I'm going to be too busy thinking about feeding my family at my house for my first-ever family gatherings and wedding preparations to think about losing weight!) So 50 pounds in 50 weeks. That's certainly doable, right? Right.

OK, I need to go wake up my fiancé so he can celebrate the New Year with me. Have a Happy New Year, chicks!
~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 03:56 AM   #153  

S/C/G: 257/252/150

Ya know I'm in Julie... talk to you tomorrow.

J.
JoyG56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 12:33 PM   #154  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default New Year ~ New Me Challenge is all ready!

Hi chickies...
The new challenge is underway! C'mon over. Here's the link!

See you there!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 12:33 PM   #155  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Oops!

Here's the link to the new challenge
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71222
See ya there!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 05:41 PM   #156