Old 05-04-2005, 08:51 PM   #31  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Weds PM

OH...I am sooo tired! It was a long and draining day today...very emotional end to a very filled day. We started at 8am at the seminar and went until 7:30 tonight.

I am developing some sort of cold or sinus thing. My throat is sore and my nose is plugged and I am sooooo tired!!! Did I mention that? I can't even see straight to type well!

I forgot to mention yesterday that I walked in the gym (we are meeting at a church that has a gym with a carpeted floors...go figure!) for more than 10 laps...probably closer to 15. I walked today too but I don't think I did as many. Keep forgetting my pedometer. The rest of the day has been pretty sedentary! Foods' been wonderful, though and I am trying to drink at least 60 oz. water each day. That's been pretty good, too!

I'm just in a really wierd space tonight, so I don't really want to comment or answer the question. If I have time, I will in the morning!

So glad to see all ofyou checking in. Elisha...thanks for doing the question. I have a bunch all typed up to send you, but just haven't gotten around to doing it!

Hugs to all! Sure do miss Jennifer, wherever she is!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 09:36 PM   #32  

Smile

Evening all!

First of all, thank you for all the hugs and encouragement. You dollies are soooo good for me! After I got done grousing in here last night (and probably depressing everyone within a quarter mile), I picked up the newspaper and read this quote: "Obstacles are what you see when you lose sight of your goal" POWZAP! That one got me right between the eyes. That was the end of my little pity party......stand back! I'm kicking butt and taking count!

Mud.....Your Special K challenge sounds interesting......especially because I love cereal. Take it easy on the pickles....they have a lot of salt, you know.

Lisa.....You just keep cheering on those boys! Seven days of baseball? They are lucky to have you are their number one fan!

Tracy......a pound a week is awesome! And going from size 24 to size 14 is incredible! You are doing a great job.....celebrate!

Donna.....Glad to see you again.....you were missed!

Joy.....Your goals are right on.....and I am really impressed how you are journalling them one by one right here. Talk about accountability!

Elisha.....Good luck with the house hunting.......remember - you want the worst house in the best neighborhood (and that isn't as easy as it sounds!)

As to the question......In what way do I think losing weight will change my life? The biggie for me is health......there are no problems yet, but with my family history, it is just a matter of time. A little boost to the self esteem wouldn't hurt either.....just as long as I can get my swelled head thru a doorway it will be ok........
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 10:28 PM   #33  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Ok, so I worked out my calories for yesterday and today: yesterday I was around 1520 calories, and today I'm only at 1012, so I may find something else to eat. And I've had lots of water today.

Tracy, I just wanted to say GREAT JOB! on the amazing loss so far! Going from a 22/24 to a 14/16 is wonderful!

Anyway, my brain is not working anymore, so I guess I'll go to bed. Have a good night, chicks.
~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 01:38 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 257/252/150

Cool

Hi Everyone

It'll have to be a quickie tonight (I know promises promises....) But it's late and I did promise myself (and you dear chickies) that I would do this... yes to keep me accountable.... and hopefully I don't bore the pants off you guys in the process.... I seem to be getting longer winded as I go along. Anyways enough of that.

I know that what I will get out of losing the weight is better health. I have so many medical concerns; borderline type II diabetes, ostheoarthritis, hypothyrodism, edema, hypertension, depression and I know the weight loss and continued exercise will help them from progressing further and hopefully eliminate some.... I hope someday to be off so many medications never mind having a longer life and being able to not be in pain .....

1. What did I do for myself today.... nothing special but I did feel great after I spent my 15 minutes washing my foyer walls today. The reward of accomplishment.

2. Food oatmeal, yoghurt, jam, english muffin (7) roast beef and cheese sandwich, 13 bean soup, bran bar, apple, pear (11) 1/2 potato w/salsa & NF sour cream, lobster, salmon, mixed veggies, coleslaw (15) popcorn (1) cake (10) 44 point total today DH felt like making a delicious dinner and bought tuxedo cake too ... no special occasion... but it was yummy and of course I had to eat it or hurt his feelings ...I walked for 30 minutes again today.... gotta get to bed earlier so I can be motivated to get up early to exercise. Got down 60 oz of water today.... and I am journalling

3. NO STAR TODAY GRR.

4. I managed to get my to do list finished (revised yesterdays) before leaving work and did at least 15 minutes of zone work tonight, plus laundry and my evening and after work routines.

5. I do no weeding..

6. I didn't paint

Anyways it's 10:37 gotta hit the sack.

Hugs Joy
JoyG56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 12:38 PM   #35  

I had a biopsy in my uterus done yesterday and it showed I have a polyp and also with the ultra sound it should I have a fibroyd cyst which is large. I am going to have to have a procedure done to get rid of the polyp but the cyst can remain as long as it behaves. It's 4 centimeters long.
Thanks for the welcome back MsRD!
Joy, You'll get a star today I'm sure!

Well, I'm nauseous today from having to take two doses of birth control pills to stop a bleeding of 18 days straight. I will post more later.
Have a great day!
Donna
dlzbth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 01:55 PM   #36  
Bound and Determined

Question Question of the Day

What is your most important source of motivation?
Old 05-05-2005, 04:41 PM   #37  
~In my own little world~

My motivation was health related at first but now it's a vanity thing I think.

Thanks for all the sweet words everyone. I'm having a rough day today. Not sure what my problem is but I'm down and out. I have however been on the bike for 6 miles. So that has been a plus. Tonight is marathon workout night. I can't wait.

Donna-I just wanted to say Hello and I'm thinking of you with all your female issues. I just went through a rough hysterectomy and have a new appreciation of female issues. I hope things get better for you soon.

Everyone else, I don't have time to get to you all but I am proud of each of you and think you are all inspirational.
ChickNextDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 05:44 PM   #38  
FullTime Domestic Goddess

Tracy, I'm getting on the vanity bandwagon too!! LOL!! I am motivated, too, because of the upcoming season, and going to the pool. I want to wear a swimsuit for once, not a t-shirt and beach shorts over my bathing suit. I want to buy some pretty panties..I want to wave without the saggy arms...I want to feel pretty and confident..I want this so very badly. I'm gonna do this..just wait and see .
lisa girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 09:25 PM   #39  

hello all!

I feel like I am starting all over again......got 60-oz of water in today......food is still out of control....but will do WATP after posting here so that counts for something. I won't get on the scale again until my official Saturday......postponing the inevitable, I suppose.

Elisha......good job on counting those calories. That has always worked well for me too. When does the new job start? I thought it was this month sometime?

Joy.....I seem to notice a problem with #6 on the goal chart.....hehehe. I think you should move it up to #1 in priority? Get out those paintbrushes, girlfriend, that room isn't going to paint itself!

Donna......So sorry to hear of all the female issues you are having. Have they scheduled surgery for you yet?

Tracy......I think I understand having a down day......but it always makes the good days look even brighter.

Hmmmm.......my most important source of motivation? I honestly can't think of one.....which may be my problem. I know all the reasons I should lose this weight.....for health......for swimsuit season.....for self esteem.....but nothing seems to 'click' and provide old fashioned kickbutt motivation. I just am not that passionate about losing weight......hope the rest of you can provide more insight into this question than I can!

Well......gotta go take a walk......Joy, you in? Let's walk together tonight!
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 09:34 PM   #40  
motomom

Default Oh boy!

What a day!!! Oooooo...new smileys!!! Cute!

Anyway...it's been another helluva day! Another session, only not as long today! this was our last day! Yea! It was a wonderful experience, though and I am so glad we did it! Makes going to work something to look forward to rather than dread!

So then..after work, I had made an appt for a personal trainer evaluation. DH's work has a free fitness place with FREE trainers. She did some tests and even though I have not been working out regularly in the last month or two, my oxygen level test (forgot what it was called) was good (above avg but below high...I was pleased!)...HOWEVER...my flexibility is lacking immensly!!! I didn't even get on the score card!!! UGH!!! She also did a strength test and I'm not sure how I did but I bench pressed 35#'s x 10 reps without fatiguing! I'm such a wuss!! Wooopeee! I'm going to have to ask her how I scored for that one! She didn't say it was bad, so that's a good sign.
She also did a BMI (I'm pathetic at 42) and a water retention test (not dehydrated, and not retaining fluid, so that's a good sign)...

Anyway...the personal trainer and I are going to meet again next week so she can set me up with a "program". I am also going to do be doing a Pilates class 2 x a week...at least until the end of the month. She suggested I get a ball and she will show me some things I can do for strength training on it! I think I will just stick with the cardio that I have been doing (biking, walking, hiking, WATP) as I just don't have time for much more!

The reason I did this was to be more accountable to someone. You all are great, but apparently I need more accountablity. I have gained back 6# since I started the first challenge this year! Actually, most of that has been gained in the last month! I'm feeling fat and out of shape and I am not having a desire to get going again! I know that this will help and hopefully I can see some changes real soon! August will be here before I know it and I won't be ready for all that hiking! What a waste that would be.

Why do I do this to myself though? Why do I procrastinate...and then cram like **** to get things done? Hmmmm, it's a behavior pattern in my life and I want to stop it!! I need to stop it!!! So, darn it...I am going to stop it!!!

My most important motivation factor: It's different now than it was when I started this journey...I see now that it's harder at my age to lose and I don't want to have heart problems complicated with diabetes (which runs rampant in my family). I want to live to have and enjoy grandchildren or at least watch my daughter become a teen and love and get married! I want to enjoy the last 1/2 of my life as much as I enjoyed the first 1/2!!! Yea...and being able to wear a size 12 is a motivator too! Never have worn a size 12 since high school!!!

How will losing weight change my life? I don't know that it will CHANGE my life, but it will certainly improve the quality...at least physically! Maybe it will help change my mindset about myself and improve my self esteem.

OK...well that's it for tonight. Tomorrow's a new day! Thank you, Lord!
Old 05-05-2005, 10:24 PM   #41  
FullTime Domestic Goddess

Tomorrow is my official weigh in day. There are 3 of us here in my community doing WW, and we all weigh, and then call each other on Fridays. It has been helping me the past couple of weeks. These other 2 girls are really committed, and I can count on them to weigh and call. It has definitely sparked my competitive nature...LOL!! But, anyway, I went ahead and weighed this morning, and I am down 2.5! Which, BTW, I gained 2.5 last week..so at least it is off again!

Tonight, was baseball again. We played out in the cold rain. I had to bring my 2 younger ones to the game, because I had NO SITTER. It was miserable. We lost, but played well. Today, I tutored one student before the game. It was a little extra money for me..love that!

Julie - is your sinus stuff better?? I sure hope so. OOOHHH..that is so exciting about the personal trainer - I am so jealous!! I would love to have a PT!! Please keep us posted about it!

MsRD - Did you get your walk in? You may get passionate about this weight loss yet! Good job on the water today. What is getting you with the food...is it cravings? hunger? temptations at work? I am going to try prepping my food more...you game to give me some pointers about doing that??..Maybe we could encourage each other. I have been just sort of flying by the seat of my pants with food planning..I need to work on it.

Tracy - Feeling better? I hate being down like that . How did the marathon workout go?? ARe you doing weights? I forget. I'm doing my best with some light weight training. I am so proud of you..you are such an inspiration to me.

Donna - Sorry to hear about your health troubles. A few months ago, I had a complete hysterectomy (Tracy and I had them almost at the same time!!). I had mine done laparoscopically...and I did have a good experience, and I am very glad I had it done - I feel much better, and it is nice to not have bleeding/cramping/bloating all the livelong day!! Sure hope you feel better soon...(((((Donna!)))))

Elisha - How is the house hunting going?

Joy - Got any painting done?? How about weeding?? LOL!!! Hope you had a good day!

Alright, I'm off to bed. Have a super evening everybody! Oh, and let's start doing some recipes again. That was motivational for me...I'll try to post a few myself!!!
lisa girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 01:02 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 257/252/150

Evening chickies

Lisa - Congrats on the 2.5 Can I join in on your Friday weigh ins? I really need to pick a day. I have been the same for a long time now... but my points keep creeping up since I've not been going to meetings. And nope... I didn't get that weeding done again.... This weekend, I promise you.

Julie I think the trainer will really work for you. It will be motivating to see those measurements taken today... fall into a more positive range as you go. You know, we really do have lots to thank the Lord for.

MsRD WTG on the WATP, I haven't done anything all week, but I've decided come Monday morning 4am look out.... I'm going to alternate between WATP and T'ai Chi. I think part of my problem is that I want to do both everyday and I couldn't make a choice. I know dumb reasoning, probably more procrastination.... just like the painting..... I promise, I will go buy the paint this weekend.
Tracy I hope your feeling happier. It's good to know that exercising always lifts your spirits. {{{{Tracy}}}}
Donna Sounds like you need to just put your feet up and pamper yourself. Hope you feel better.
Mudlucious Here's to wearing your designs... Oh... you mean you - not me You'll have to post pictures here.... look forward to that.

Elisha "What is your most important source of motivation?" That is such a tough one for me right now... since I don't seem to have any But seriously, it must be my health and wanting to be and keep active for the rest of my life. How's the house hunting going? Be sure to do something relaxing on Sunday - before the first day at your new job. Knock 'em dead girl.

1. Do something for myself every day.
Watched survivor
2. Eat on plan, exercise, journal and drink my water.
FOODgranola/yoghurt (5) bran bar (2) soup, sandwich, pear, popcorn (10) apple (1) salad, stuffed snitzel, rice, brocolli (14) healthy choice fudgcicle (2) Total 34 GRRR 8 over EXERCISE no walking today - I did totally scrub the front porch siding, railing & posts and cement for an hour probably burned off 8 points - that's 2 points for every 15 minutes and it was pretty vigorous JOURNAL here I am
WATER 48oz
3. Put a star on my calendar for each day this month that I complete all four components of #2. A RED ROSE
4. Work on being organized at home and work.
5. Finish all weeding and planting..
6. Finish painting the ensuite & masterbedroom.
JoyG56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 07:23 AM   #43  
motomom

Default Tgif

I forgot one thing last night. The PT gave me a fruits & veggie challenge! I'm supposed to eat 5 servings a day! WOW! I am doing good eating ONE serving a day, so maybe this too will help the motivation level. Guess maybe I should pack an apple for my snack today!

You chickies are doing such a great job! I'm so proud ofyou! I can feel that this month is going to be a success!

Yesterday, other than the 12 minutes of cardio (for my test), I didn't even walk in the gym! So exercise was a big fat zero! Food was ok. I wasn't feeling hungry much at breakfast, so I had a sausage patty (not FF!). I had taco salad for lunch. I stayed away from all the goodies (bagels and muffins and such) for the most part, but I did have a cookie in the afternoon. OH....I did have a couple of mini candy bars (DRAT!) during the session! For supper I stopped at wendy's and got a GRILLED chicken sandwich (I do love their fried sandwiches, however!) only and scarfed that down on the way home after going to see the trainer! I didn't eat anything after that. YEA!!!
And water was really good. I drank probably well over 80 oz. yesterday! The taco salad made me thirsty!

OK, girls...have a great FRiday and see most of you on Monday (cause I KNOW you won't be checking in here this weekend! )

HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-06-2005, 09:12 AM   #44  
Bound and Determined

Question Question of the Day

What's the one thing you do that helps your weight loss most?

It can be something that keeps you motivated, or something that makes it easier for you, or something that actually causes you to lose weight like exercise.
Old 05-06-2005, 09:20 AM   #45  
Bound and Determined

Morning chicks!

Sorry I didn't really check in yesterday. I still feel like crap. They sent me home from work early yesterday. Eating wasn't good. Well, most of the day was fine, but lunch was terrible--Long John Silver's. I did resist the extra chicken or fish though, and I was tempted, so I guess I could have done worse. It was my last chance to go out to lunch with my very best friend at work, so I did. Today will be better.

To answer yesterday's question, my main source of motivation is looking better. I've been overweight all my life, and I know it gets harder to lose weight the older you get, and I plan to have kids in a few years and I'll have less time to devote to myself, so now is the time to do it. There's also the issue of having kids--I want to be healthy enough to have them, and healthy enough to play with them, and healthy enough to show them how to live healthy lives. But mostly, I want to look good, at least for a while.

As for today's question: water, water, water. If I drink lots of water, I lose weight. If I don't drink lots of water, I don't lose weight. It's as simple as that. I think that's primarily because if I'm drinking water I'm more focused on being healthy and am therefore more likely to eat right and exercise. Or maybe that's backwards and I drink more water when I'm focused on eating right and exercising. Whatever it is, water, water, water.

Anyway, I've got lots of stuff to do today before work, so I'd better get moving. Have a great weekend, chicks!
~Elisha