Old 03-05-2005, 04:45 PM   #46  

Happy Saturday!

Weigh-in day was uneventful.....that is to say, the scale didn't move. Guess my calories got a little away from me this week......going to crank down in that department next week. DH & I went out to breakfast this morning, then a little shopping and home.....and spent this afternoon working on the car (1931 Model A Ford). He is currently napping in his chair, so it is a good time for me to catch up here.

Joy.....9am Pacific time would be about noon here, right? Or would that be 5am? At any rate, if I'm not punctual, start WATP without me. Ideally, I like to start my day with the 1-mile easy walk.....just enough to get me awake and energized for the day.....and then do the 2-mile express (at least) after supper. See if you can fit me in, k?

Julie.....Going to the circus is such fun! As a kid, we used to go to the Shrine Circus every year! They even shut down our elementary school for an afternoon, and the whole school went together!

Lisa.....Weight loss is weight loss..:...I say it all counts!

Well.....I have 2 bananas left, so I think I will make another loaf of Banana Oatmeal Bread......that was really yummy last week for lunches!
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 07:17 PM   #47  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Quick Sat. Check In

Just wanted to let you all know that we had a great time at the circus. My sister met us here with her 3 boys and we all went! It was great fun! Then we had lunch together...that's always an event!

When I got home, I did my 30 minutes workout on the bike and then probably another 20 of toning! So I feel good about today! Haven't eaten too much...had a few (too many) sugar coated almonds at the cirucs, but had a salad and some soup for lunch, so that hopefully made up for it. I did have a Zone bar and a piece of pepperoni pizza this afternoon...maybe I WAS a little hungry...and a good supper with some chicken, Zatarins rice and broccolli!

Water's a little under today...only 48 oz. so far... but I can make up for that...it's early!

Lisa...SOOOOOOO HAPPY for you chickie! WTG...and I know it's not the diet, but think how far ahead you are now! You are gonna be one slim babe this summer in that BATHNG SUIT!!!!

Joy...hope you enjoyed your workout! Thanks for the FBP (fly by post!) LOL!

MsRD...At least there was no gain this week. Time to start getting back on the wagon again, eh? You can do this! You can do this! You can do this!

OH....one more thing...just wanted to say how much easier it seems to be this week...avoid and literally pushing away the bad foods!!! I'm more conscious of it and don't really know why...just wanted to share that. It's all about making the right choices, isn't it?

Hugs...and thanks to all of you for your support!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 07:46 PM   #48  
Onward and downward!

Exclamation Motivaion Gone AWOL!!!!!!

Hi Chickies,

Sorry to report the flat feeling has followed me into Sunday morning . I haven't exercised since Thursday, and don't feel like it today. I'm not sick, stressed, emotional, in fact I'm not suffering from anything that would normally put me off my program. I haven't used my food journal since breakfast on Friday, but I haven't binged either. I don't want to undo the good I have done, but I just don't feel I have the energy at the moment to write down every morsel that passes my lips. Any advice Chickies? I could really use it.

Enjoy your weekend everyone!
Lucia-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 11:29 PM   #49  
~In my own little world~

hey chicks, i am on my way to bed but you have all been on my mind. i'm still having major issues. mostly involving the catheter and my now being allergic to latex. it's a long and nasty story so i will spare you all. i am getting it out on monday though. 2 weeks with a catheter and getting a new one today is NOT fun. i did get my staples out but i have a stitch that my body is rejecting or something so i have a sore swollen spot. they say it will dissolve but i have my doubts. it's just something all the time. i have managed to lose a little weight though. i'm down to 197. i never thought seeing under 200 would ever happen a few times. i can't wait to workout again. this experience has shown me just how much working out actually means to the person i am. who'da thunk it?

i'm going to start reading again this week. i glanced through most of your goals. i must say i am very proud of you all and all the knowledge you have about what you are doing and where you have been.

love ya'll
ChickNextDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 11:44 PM   #50  
Pending Email Confirmation

Hi Everyone

Well seems like I've got a GOOD day to report (for a change).

Left over coleslawmein for breakfast (5), banana, (2) bran bar (2), nf latte (2), 3-4 oz roast moose (4) , probably a entire roast potato (3) and roast carrot (--) and 2 glasses of chardonay (4). Still have some ff jello (cherry) chilling in the fridge and I thing I'll fold in some canned pears I made last summer.. That's it for the day ... oh yeah about 10 glases of water 80oz in today

Got in my WATP 2 mile express (with or without you MsRD ) plus did a 10 minute ab workout... then BIL came home so I didn't get my buns & thighs done. However I did clean my house and sweep the front porch so that's worth some effort (but I won't count those minutes).

Lucia - I've been scouring my WW week one to find some help for you - seems they have a paragraph on motivating strategy. What they say you need to do is visualize what you will see when you reach your goal ... i.e. wearing the size you want, running up the stairs wihouth losing your breath, feeling good about yourself or what ever you have in mind to accomplish. Are you bored... have you changed up any of your activities or what you've been eating... Are you getting enough rest? How about creating a graph showing your sucess so far and your goal??

Hikein - WTG - good attitude chick. It is surprising how easy it really is when you make keeping on track and loosing weight a real priority. Not sure if I said is right but if you love yourself enough to really do what is in your best interest it is easier.

MsRd - I was looking through past posts to try and find out exactly where you're from (Missouri?) didn't find it tho. But I know that we have a channel on TV that is from Detroit and when its's 8pm there it's 5pm at our place. I'm afraid I'm not the greatest at geography.. So did you get your WATP done tonight? How is DH doing? I'm sure if you keep your working out up you'll success in the weight loss area soon, but remember you are doing your heart good.

Lisa - "weigh" to go on the weight loss. I concur with MsRD - it all counts. You are having such a great attitude. Did the dr say when you could start doing some walking or anything?

Gabwill, Ricki, Elisha, Jennifer, Mary I hope all is going well for you this weekend.

Sunday, tomorrow, is my day for being thankful for all the things happening in my life. I wanted to be sure to remember to tell all of you that you are a great big part of my life right now, whether you know it or not. Thanks, each and every one of you, for being here, putting up with my sometimes lobsided humour, unsoilicted advice and for supporting me and giving me the motivation to carry on.

squabb56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 08:38 AM   #51  

Good morning!

It is a beatiful Sunday morning here...
...a little windy, but going to be in the balmy 40s today! Yea! That is all the motivation I need for a picnic......will shove SIL out on the deck to grill hamburgs & hogdogs today....and we will have potato salad and baked beans and raw veggies for dinner. Of course, we will have to eat inside, but maybe I can find a picnic table tablecloth in the closet......sorry, no ants, they are probably still hibernating!

Julie....Sounds like you had such a fun day.....circus, lunch out....and still got the exercise in! Good for you! And thanks for the cheerleading....gotta stay on track!

Lucia.....Hmmmm. It is always a mystery to me why we lose our forward momentum and then suddenly I just reappears! Check over Joy's post.....lots of good ideas there.......are you taking vitamins? Boredom? Depression? One thing that works for me is exericse......I know you just don't feel like getting up right now, but do it anyway (for me, please?) Do anything! Touch your toes 10 times......go outside and walk around the house.....it doesn't have to be anything strenuous or a full program, just get up and move!

ChickNextDoor.....I am soooo glad to hear from you! Recovering from major surgery is never an easy task....and complications just slow the process down. One positive note is watching the scale go down...s:..woohoo! That must make you feel good! Post when you can......know that prayers are being said to give you strength.

Joy......Of course, I did the WATP.....I was right beside you! Those 30-45 minutes a day make me feel so good....stronger....healthier! Hmmm......maybe I could work in the 1-mile this morning yet.....you up for it?

I sent DH out to do some errands this morning, because I didn't "have enough time"....and here I sit in front of the puter! Yikes! Think I better get up and get something accomplished!
Old 03-06-2005, 12:19 PM   #52  
"workin' on my fitness"

Height: 5'10"

Happy Weekend, chickies!

Friday was just waaay to hectic to even get here. I'll catch you un on the big things that I've spent the last 3 days doing. Our roof we selected is no longer available, so we are now in the process of trying to find a replacement. The one color the builder claims is the perfect replacement ends up being a color you CANNOT get in FL, confirmed by at least 7 distributors for the manufacturer. I've called distributors in 3 different counties to see if anyone has a sample of this, or if we can see it on an existing house, and the builder, of course, doesn't have that info available without going through all their current projects.

On top of that, the cabinets that we had decided on that go perfectly with the countertops...sigh. Sanibel Maple is no longer being guaranteed by the cabinet maker because for some reason, that cabinet is prone to fading, and since the can't guarantee it, they won't manufacture it anymore. Hello....you are already committed to our cabinets! I spoke with the head at the cabinet maker, who told me in 10 years I'd be very happy we didn't go with those cabinets. Sigh. Seems the only other choices are yellow and brown woods. No cool tones, nothing pickled, nothing with a pearl wash....so basically, the only thing that will go with the rest of the house is white, and then we're looking at a sterile, industrial look. Grrr. Can you tell I am not happy? So this means yet another trip back to the builder to make different selections. So help them if our sanibel maple cabinets are still up on the wall- I will have a fit. If we can't have them, STOP OFFERING THEM AS CHOICES! Double Grr.

I'm going to have to take a day off next week so we can go do this during normal business hours for the builder, and for these roofing distributors. It'll get me a day without the Roid, but hubby will lose a day, and this is only the 3rd time having to re-select things. At this point, we've made concessions and changes to nearly everything. I thought we were building so that we could have what we wanted, and not someone else's selections? Grr.

Food was off this weekend, and little to no exercise. Water was good, though. I've got some laundry to do now, and try to prep for the week.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 03:03 PM   #53  
FullTime Domestic Goddess

HAPPY SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!

Well, I'm hanging in there....still OP, although not enough water still. And, no exercise, which is out of my control anyway. But..food has been really good, and you would really not BELIEVE THE TORTURE I have endured with temptations - goodness! Last night, DH took the boys on an errand and then he called and asked me if I wanted Taco Bell!!!!!??????? I don't know about you guys, but I just LOVE TACO BELL! OMG...it is so good! But, I said, very calmly in fact, "No thanks, I will just eat my veggie burger!". DH didn't argue, because he has promised not to "sabotage me". He doesn't sabotage on purpose...he just buys me treats here and there to be sweet, and God knows..no one ever knows if I am OP or not when I am doing my yo-yo thing. Anyway...Made it through the Taco Bell Torture Experience. Then, the phone rings..it is my FIL...who is so gruff usually, but is being extra nice (cause he knows I haven't felt well,,,)...anyway he says very cheerfully, "Guess what? I have a BIG SURPRISE for you!! Are you going to be home in about 30 min.?" I said, "Yes." Then he says, "Well.......aren't you even going to try to guess what your surprise is??" And I really had no idea, and then he announces that he has a large box of assorted HOT DONUTS! Some creme filled, etc. I said weakly, "Thank you..." So the box arrives all warm!!!!!! And I DIDN'T HAVE A SINGLE ONE!! Whew!!!!! Went to bed still OP, and feeling quite proud. Today, we went to my MIL's.....she had hamburgers, french fries ( fried in grease!! Oh, shut up Julie,,,yes, I know we fry everything down here!! )..also she had baked beans,,,,and this decadent dessert. That dessert looked so good..I could have just buried my face in it and eaten the whole thing without a spoon...OMG....but I ate instead: a hamburger patty (no bun), a small teaspoon of baked beans, and 5 french fries. They laughed at me saying..."Lisa, don't overdo it on the fries!!" I just gave my serene smile, and ate my food.....

So...here I sit. I am proud of my choices. I am determined to find my "inner strength". I want this goal so badly I can hardly believe it....I want to fit back into my clothes again. I want to be healthy, and for my blood pressure to be normal...I want to wear shorts this summer and not feel self-conscious.....

Goodness.....have you EVER heard anyone ramble on like I can????!!!!! Don't answer that!!! LOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jennifer - We have been thinking about building a house, but now.....I DUNNO!! Bless your heart...hang in there chica..It will all work out. That house is going to be a beauty,,,there's no way it couldn't be gorgeous! (((((((((Jennifer!))))))))))))

MsRD - BALMY 40'S!!! THAT MADE ME LAUGH SO HARD!! I hope you had the best picnic ever . And I hope you enjoyed the balmy weather .

Joy - You know what? We are thankful for you too! You add so much to our group...I love your posts!

Tracy - I was so glad to see your post. I am sincerely sorry you have had such a rough time. You didn't deserve any of this..nobody would. The catheter they used for me in the hospital...that was torture, and I am still having pain from it...and that is not even a fraction of what you have gone through..I can only imagine. Good thing: You are alive and you are going to get through this...and with the scale going down to boot...just wait til Spring is officially here -You'll have a spring in your step and will be needing some new clothes! I'm still praying for you and sending you good thoughts!

Lucia - I am sending you good thoughts as well . (((((Lucia!))))....there is a cyber hug for you.

Hope you all have a terrific day!
lisa girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 12:49 AM   #54  
Pending Email Confirmation

OH POOP

Lost my long winded and inspiring post.... so now at 9:47 here is the shortened version. Congrats everyone on a great weekend. Keep up the good work.

Ran/walked 10K today then spent 3 hours walking around the recreational trade show in town.

Eating was OP
oatmeal/yoghurt (3)
cream cheese, avacado & veggie bunwiches & cottage cheese (9)
beef jerky (2)
salad, soup, bun (7)
mango (1)
bran bar (2) I'm going to eat that now.

I wanted to say glad to hear from you Tracy. I'm sure the worst is behind you now. [[[Tracy}}}

bada bada bada .... That's all folks.

squabb56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 01:09 AM   #55  
Onward and downward!

Smile

Hi Chickies,

What a great bunch you are!!! Today has been better, I am not journalling, but eating healthy, well balanced meals.

Joy - You mentioned boredom, and I think that's exactly what I am suffering from. Not so much in the exercise department, as I have variety there, but more with food. I sat down with my food journal last night, and reading through it I realised I need more variety in my meals, so I am going to try a few new recipes, and try out some new ideas for breakfast, just give my meal plans a really good shake up! I have been doing a graph of my weight loss since I started, and I do love looking at it .

MsRD - It's a mystery to me too, how motivation comes and goes. I find it very scary when it leaves, as in the past I have never been able to regain it, but I reminded myself last night, that in the past I didn't have a brood of Chickies on my side . I went out and did some gardening yesterday afternoon, it always improves my mood.

Lisa - on the donuts! I admire your strength, especially as they were warm! for my hug, I really needed it.

Chick - Congrats on the #197! You'll be back on top of things soon, it must be so frustrating not be able to do what you feel like.

That's it for today, will check in again tomorrow.
Lucia-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 09:32 AM   #56  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Morning ladies!

First of all...
ChickNextDoor... you know we're all thinking of you. Once you're through this you'll be better than ever! And congrats on the 197!

Hmm.... not must going on here, besides eating. I haven't even been tracking my food for a couple of days. Of course, it didn't help that I wasn't home for 5 days and didn't have access to my computer. *shrugs*

Food has not been good, water has not been good, exercise has not been good. I'm going to exercise today without a doubt, but I'm sure calories will not be good. A friend of mine at work is turning 21 today, so guess what? We all get to go out drinking with her! Not exactly my idea of a good time--I don't like drinking, I don't have the money, and I don't need the calories--but it's her birthday, so I guess I'll go for a while. I'm going to attempt to keep my calories down during the day, but I'm spending the day at Steve's doing laundry, and my access to healthy food is limited to say the least.

On the plus side, I am also going to reapply to school and look for a job today while I have access to high-speed internet. Something's gotta give. I'm not happy where I'm at, so I've got to do something to change where I'm at.

Anyway, tomorrow I will be back on track, and then be prepared to watch me kick some butt.

Have a great day, chicks.
~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 01:24 PM   #57  
FullTime Domestic Goddess

Default I Got A Good Report!!!!!!!!!

Went to my doctor this morning for my post-op check-up. DH drove me to the appointment...I laughed and told my doctor that DH only came along to ENSURE that the doc. changed my hormone dose to a slightly higher level!! Well. alright...I guess I have been a little like lately!!!! So...got new hormones! Yay! Anyway...my doctor was thrilled at my progress and said I could exercise!! He said start with walking, and I could even do some swimming. I asked him about light light weights (1-2 pounds) for my arms, and he o.k.'d it!! I'm gonna work on this arm flab. In May, my DH and I are going to a formal Ball. It is held for our Service League (Junior League) in our county, of which I help volunteer for. Anyway, I have got to get a gown, and by golly I won't be looking like I did last year in my gown..no siree!!! If it kills me (and it may), I'm going to be slimmer and firmer. No excuses. None. It's going to happen.

Food today is right on plan. I have VERY FEW points left for supper, as I ate Chik-Fil-A for lunch...no fries,,,but still took a chunk of my points. So, I gotta get these veggies in. And if I report back tonight, and I haven't had my water..I swear somebody just YELL AT ME!!!!!! YELL LOUDLY AND THEN TAZER ME GOOD!!

My plan is to walk like a mile today, I just can't do more. I don't want to get all sore and kill myself. We have already been to Target today, and I feel like I could sleep for about 3 hours!

*****Can't wait to hear about how everybody else is doing!! Hope you all have a terrific kind of day!!
lisa girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 04:49 PM   #58  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Monday!

OMG!!! We didn't have internet connection at home yesterday and I thought I was gonna DIE without my chickies!!! So I got to work today all prepared to get on line on my lunch break...and guess what???? No internet connection!!!! GRRRRR! It was a crazy busy day at work today so I was thankful to get the heck out of there and pick up DD and head home to get on line. Thankfully, we are back up and running again! PHEW!!! I thought I was going to go into DT's without you chickies!

So...some good news...both about my weight and about my journey! I think I wrote that I was feeling positive about things this last week and was really focusing on staying on track with food, water and exercise! I didn't meet my goal of 5 days last week, but did get in 4 days anyway! Which for me was pretty good considering the week I had!!! I had not been journalling my food, but will start doing that today (even though I didn't make the healthiest of choices today...but hey... ) BUT....I got on the scale today and it is FINALLY moving in the right direction. I think I was up to 172 last week and today I was down to 169. Let's just hope I keep up that downward trend!!! The exercise does truly motivate me!!! Only 11 more lbs to be in the 150's!!!! That doesn't seem so hard, does it??? You will see this chick jumping up and down (and may even feel the effects where you live... ) when that happens!!! I can taste it!!!!!

Lisa...missed chattin with ya!!! We'll get back on track here soon! Glad you got those hormones adjusted! I'm pretty sure your DH did have one goal in mind in taking you to the doc!!!! LOL!!! Get your mile in but get some rest, too! Baby steps right now, remember!?

Elisha...enjoy the evening with your friend...oh to be 21 again...NOT!!!! I wouldn't give up my life to go back to those crazy days!!! No way!!! But it was fun to live through them, anyway!! Maybe you should get some healthy food choices to keep at Steve's then you can BOTH eat healthy! Even if you kept some tuna or chicken there and a few canned veggies or carrots to munch on! That way you wouldn't feel so bad about what you eat when you are there and you can work out, too!!! Does he support you when you suggest eating more healthy? Maybe he could help you with some ideas. Just some random thoughts...

Lucia...I've been thinking about you ever since I read your post about feeling flat! Sorry I haven't comment, but you have been on my mind! I'm a lot like you...I get motivated at first and then drop off a few weeks later. Food is definately my reason...boredom with it! I'm glad you were able to get back on track! It's always hard for me when I feel that way. But that's what we are here for...to support one another. I find that when I'm feeling down, this is the best place for me to come and absorb all the positive vibes and constructive criticism...because it all helps! Hugs to you, my friend!

Joy...you are back on track! Yea!!! So proud of you for that! And thank you for your kind words. We do have a great bunch of chickies here and I too am thankful every day for all of you!

Jennifer...Glad to see your post here! You need to remember that we are here even when you are having a stressful day. PRIORITY!!!! LOL! Sorry things aren't going your way with the house building. I'm sure it's frustrating for you to not have the choices available that you thought would be! I've often thought that building a house would be so much fun, but I've heard too many horror stories!!! Good luck and KEEP POSTING!!!

MsRD...No one can appreciate a 40 degree day unless you have had the longest winter like we do here in Michigan!!! I'll tell you...I walked around in a sweatshirt outdoors all day! Even went for a walk with DH, DD and one of the dogs yesterday! The roads were full of slush but it was fun to slop around in it!!! Ahhhh...we fire up the grill in the middle of winter...nothing like that great BBQ smell on a cold January day!!! LOL! Great job on the exercise! You are doing so awesome!

Chick...I'm so happy to hear from you, too! I applaud your positive attitude! It has to be so difficult to be recovering from something you have no control over! and one last comment...catheters SUCK!!!!! Hope you got rid of that thing today! ((((((((((Chick)))))))))))

That's it for now chickies...I've gotta go workout! Gonna do 30 minutes of WATP, I think! my back is kind of sore today for some reason and the bike just doesn't sound like fun to me with Aunt Flo here!!! Hugs to all!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 08:14 PM   #59  

Hello all!

Yesterday, the kids said they all wanted to get together with us this summer and do a family photo shoot.....drag a photographer out to a park around here and get some pictures that are framable for posterity. Yikes! If maybe I can put them off till August or September, how much weight do you think I can drop? The pressure is on!

Jenn.....We built our house 15 years ago, and I know how frustrating it can be. There are so many choices to be made and soooo much money involved.....it is really stressful. You have to focus more long term......how beautiful it will be when you move in......and six months down the road, you won't remember *why* you got so upset about the little details. (And this from the woman who threw a major hissy-fit because the electrician would not put my chosen light fixture inside the closets. you heard right....INSIDE the closets! Now how dumb was that?)

Lisa......great news from the doctor! I know how eager you are go get up and exercise, but please please be careful. Too much of a good thing is still too much of a good thing. And kudos for dodging all your well-meaning relatives with their TacoBell (yum!) and warm donuts (now that is where I would have caved, for sure!)

Joy.....Sorry you lost your post, but ALL your posts are inspiring, chickie! Just keep 'em coming!

Lucia.....New recipes are such a good idea! I love to try new foods (only wish the rest of the family were so open-minded!). As for gardening, I always said that I garden for the therapeutic effects!

Elisha.....Wish I could just pull you out of your doldrums and make you feel better. I think you are right.....a change is just what you need! Keep searching!

Julie.....Hooray for downward moving scales! s: That is just the boost that you need to keep you going!

Calories came in today around 1450......so will forego a snack tonight and focus on chugging a little more water. I did 4 miles total WATP yesterday.....feels so good! I did a mile this morning, before work, and will probably do the 2-mile express now.....you ready, Joy?
Old 03-07-2005, 08:55 PM   #60  
Libby1020

Hello everyone!!!! I just went from Atkins to WW I was atkins for 5 weeks & lost nearly nothing so now on to WW....
MY goal for the next 5 weeks is
- Exercise 5 days a week
- Lose 15 lbs

Good Luck to everyone!!!
libby1020 is offline   Reply With Quote