Old 02-11-2005, 09:33 AM   #91  
FullTime Domestic Goddess

TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!! WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Silly really...how much I still look forward to Fridays! Now that I stay at home..it's not like I count down the work week anymore. After all, I still do my "work" here on the weekends...but still....I still catch the excitment of TGIF!!

Julie - Hop off that fence this instant girlie!! We are both going to have a good eating day today!! My goal is to get my water in better. Hope you have a good day!!

Lucia - An hour walk is awesome!! Way to go! Walking is such good exercise...I need to do more of it. Thanks for your sympathy about my son's shots!! I'll pass on your message that he was brave .

Chick next D - I have 3 kids too! All boys..ages 7, 5, and 2 1/2 !! Sounds like we both have a lot in common. We are the same age too if I'm not mistaken . Cool! And - I am also a CSI fan..I just love that show! I really like CSI Miami the best I think. Your workout makes me feel like a lazy slug!! Wow!! Those pounds are gonna fly off of you!!!

Heather - Hi there! Did you get all that homework done?? Take care.

MsRD - Wow..your husband sounds like a great cook! Yum!! Sounds like you had a busy day today. And, I know you won't let a few Hershey's Kisses get ya down!!

Mary - Girl......you are AWESOME!! Keep up the good work!! Yay for your dreadmill routine. I'm proud of you!!! Keep on posting...would ya...I need to keep hearing about your exercise - I'm trying to stay focused!!

Joy - Hey!! How's the weather up in Vancouver?? I sure hope you have a good day!!

Well...........I FEEL GOOD..NANANANANANANA......I KNEW THAT I WOULD......NANANANANANANA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This day is going to be what I make it. I will choose to eat healthy. I will bless my body with exercise. I am strong. I am in control. I ABSOLUTELY REFUSE TO TAKE ORDERS FROM BAD FOOD TODAY!

Blessings to all you great chicks,
Lisa
lisa girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 10:49 AM   #92  
Pending Email Confirmation

Morning everyone Looks like you are all doing great.

Hikein - Way to go..... don't listen to that committee talk (that's what I call the debate you have with yourself when you decide to make a good or bad choice) You know what's best for you.

WOW Chick .... I sat in the chair to watch CSI and fell asleep.... I guess I couldn't do that if I was moving around

Lucia - A morning walk always makes a good start to the day. It will soon be light enough for me to walk at the beach before work. I just love doing that... but from October until March it is too dark to feel safe walking there alone.

Scorchin - Way to go with the 2 mile walk. You've burnt off anything extra that you consumed:

MsRD - Isn't it nice to have a DH that is so thoughtful and a good cook too. I have one of those also.

I guess I have to remember to do something extra special for DH on Valentines day. A card just doesn't seem enough. I was thinking of massage oil or something like that but I'm not sure .... I've never been in one of THOSE stores.

We are taking my dad & mom out for dinner tonight - place called the cactus club... not sure what they have there ... its supposed to be good ... I WILL MAKE GOOD CHOICES

Yesterday was pretty much OP -- water was at 56 oz (little low) and I did WW DVD, 10 minute abs and 15 minute brish walk (55 minutes total)

This morning has started well did 2 mile express WATP. I packed a light lunch and will try to stay away from the popcorn today. It seems that I'm up to a two bag a day habit on the light microwave popcorn. I think maybe it's too much salt.

Anyways - gotta get to work. Have a great weekend. Remember to be kind to yourself.... YOU DESERVE IT.

squabb56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 10:56 AM   #93  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Morning chicks!

Motivation level: 7

Everyone else is excited because the weekend is almost here, and I am excited because today is my day off. I just get one at a time though. *sigh*

I got my tax return today, so I'm going to have Mom meet me and finally get my exercise equipment (she's got an SUV, and I have a teeny tiny little car). I'm definitely getting an elliptical, and if I can get her to contribute I'll get a weight machine too.

I was planning on going to the gym, but I think I'll just go home and use my own equipment instead.

I might also get a haircut today. I really need one. I just wish I knew what I wanted to do with it.

It's snowing today. I stayed at Steve's last night because everyone was saying the roads were terrible and there were lots of wrecks. I really didn't mind that much though.

Anyway, I need to get moving. I hope everyone is having a great day!
~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 01:39 PM   #94  
FullTime Domestic Goddess

Default Update!!

I called Jennifer today to check on her! She is doing fine. She is dealing with "shadow issues" at work, and can't get on to post there, and her computer is down at home. She wanted me to tell all of you hello, and that she will be back as soon as she gets her computer straightened out at home. I was worried about her, because I hadn't heard from her in a while, but now I feel so much better that things are o.k. !

Hope you chicks are having a fantastic kind of day!!!!!!!!!!!!
lisa girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 06:17 PM   #95  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Talking Did it again

I managed another mile on the hated dreadmill. But I had to stop at 50 to catch my breath. But more importantly, I got back on and finished.

I had to leave early to stop on the way in for a birthday gift for my great niece and Valentines gifts for Pooh Bear. I don't like what I got him, I'm afraid it will look like the last minute grab that it was.

I work a game before work tomorrow, so it was my last chance. But once I get here (work) I get an email that Pooh might not even feel well enough or up to coming up this week end. The only week end I DON'T want to be alone and I may be "Pooh-less"? Nah man, can't have that.

I hope you're all doing great. Last entry, I actually addressed quite a few of you, I'm getting the hang of it.
Hotcupojava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 07:33 PM   #96  
~In my own little world~

Wow Lisa we are living parallel lives, eh? Don't you wonder how we do the things we do with all the kids and all their needs? LOL I wouldn't change a thing though.

No workout yet for today and I might not get much in tonight. Eating has been terrific b/c nothing has stayed down. I'm so dumb sometimes. Get a load of my stupidity level for the day. *sigh*

I poisoned myself this morning so I am sick. I wasn't feeling good last night and woke up with a terrible cough at 2am. I got up to take some cough syrup and grabbed my hubby's instead of mine. His has codeine and I'm severely allergic to codeine!! I didn't realize I did it till about an hour or so later. I called the doctor's this morning and they told me to try to sleep it off. I'd only had a teaspoon so I wasn't going to keel over. But I am very sick. Vomitting and itching with welts. UGH!! I've laid in the bed all day. I did get a shower this morning to try to get rid of the itchys. I can't take Benadryl b/c of the codeine. Stupid stupid!!

At least it's not the flu.
ChickNextDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 08:21 PM   #97  

Happy Friday!

I am trying to prepare myself for tomorrow....weigh-in day. Food has not been good this week.....and most of my good intentions to exercise have fallen flat. (sigh) I really don't want the scale to go up AGAIN......someday I will grasp the concept of cause/effect circumstances.

Scorchin.....you sound super busy, chickie! But I really appreciate you posting, keep up the good work!

ChickNextDoor.....Hope you are feeling better after the codeine incident. I think that is why they put LIGHTS in bathrooms.....to maybe read the label before ingesting? Please be careful.....

Lucia.....a walk sounds so lovely. The weather tomorrow is supposed to be up in the 40s here, so maybe dog and I will venture out.

Lisa......thank you for calling Jennifer and letting us know she is ok. What a relief!

Squabb......Dinner out sounds like fun, and I know you will make good choices.

Elisha.....you are putting your tax dollars to good use. Let us know what equipment you got and how you like it. (Good grief, I haven't even got my tax paperwork together yet!)

JavaTurtle.......you are doing so incredible with your treadmill workouts! I hope yourplans with Pooh work out!
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 08:52 PM   #98  
Onward and downward!

Smile

Eating has been on plan so far today, and I walked for an hour again this morning . I have decided I will weigh-in again tomorrow, I am still on a bit of a high from last weeks loss, and want to see how I've done in the space of a week. Even if I only lose a pound, that will be great.

Lisa - You sound so positive! You are right, so much of how our days turn out are up to us. for letting us know Jennifer is OK.

Joy - I love your phrase 'committee talk'. I don't walk outside during the winter months either. Personal safety must always come first. Enjoy your dinner, and just remember, any unwise food choices can always be atoned for the next day .

MsRD - with your weigh-in tomorrow.

Julie - Keep those positive thoughts! Don't let the unwise food choices win .

Will check in tomorrow and report my weigh-in results.
Lucia-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 09:55 PM   #99  
~In my own little world~

In my defense, I had both bottles in my hand and I looked at his and said No way and was putting it in the cabinet. Then the cat hit my leg and I sat the bottle down. Yadda yadda...I am usually more careful.

And I feel loads better. Going to get on the bike now.
ChickNextDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 04:10 AM   #100  
my dad made me1 from wood

Julie- Hope u did good with ur food.
Chick- Congrats on all the exercise. GLAD FEELING BETTER.
Lucia- Congrats on the 1 hr walk
Lisa- Nope still got a ton of homework to do this weekend oh well. You sound so postive wow I need whatever ur on lol.
Joy- How did dinner go?
Elisha- did u get ur weight machine and a hair cut?
Hotcup- WTG ON The EXERCISE
MSRD- YOU CAN DO IT WE ARE ALL HERE FOR U
Today- I did my si6 ab workout and then the si6 stretching video.
food was good today had 23 points and water was ok had 6 glasses. Still can't get it to 8 but im working on it.
I have a ton of homework this weekend and cleaning but i promise to get my exercise in and count my points. If not u can all yell at me tehe i know u guy wouldn't.
nite chicks,
Heather
scorchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 08:50 AM   #101  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Morning ladies!

Motivation: 9

Wow! I'm feeling good today! Well, mentally, at least.

So yesterday I got my equipment--an elliptical AND a weight machine (Mom helped pay for that one)--and we got them set up last night. I didn't get a chance to use them much yesterday, as everyone was here checking out my new home gym. Even Dad seems to like it, and he doesn't like *anything* you have to spend money on. I'm going to go climb on the elliptical as soon as I finish my post and my coffee.

My goal this month is to get back below 200. I weighed at 203.0 this morning. I know I can lose 4 pounds, I just have to get on the ball and stay there. My eating has been out of control, and that has GOT to stop. And I still need to drink more water. I didn't do very well with my One Soda A Day rule yesterday.

I know I can do this. I just have to get moving in the right direction again. Someone find the tazer, I'm definitely deserving it right now.

But NO MORE! Elliptical, here I come!

~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 03:13 PM   #102  

Happy Saturday!

Weighed in today and the weight was the same.....yep, I'm still fat. Things just don't seem to be gelling......so I think i will start journalling the food and counting up the calories. The sheer embarrassment of having to write down everything I eat should get me back on track!

Lucia......I went for an hours walk today too. I took the dog out through the woods and along the creek. We didn't go for any speed records......actually, walking was kinda hard between the ice layer on top of the snow (which kept breaking as I walked over it) and the slippery mud where the snow had already melted. I don't know that I burned a lot of calories......but the fresh air and exercise did wonders for me mentally!

Chick......I am so glad you are feeling better! That can be downright dangerous.....but, really chickie.......blaming it on the cat?

Scorchin......ty for the kind words and encouragement......you have no idea how much I appreciate them..

Elisha.....You now have a well-equipped home gym! And are the envy of everyone here! The investment alone would drive me to use the equipment!

Last edited by MsRD; 02-12-2005 at 03:15 PM.
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 07:34 PM   #103  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Good Saturday Evening, chickies! What a beautiful day we enjoyed here in WEst Michigan. It was great to see the sunshine and feel the warmth of Spring right around the corner...it is, isn't it?

Anyway...spent most of the afternoon with my friend who is now in a nursing home. She has had cancer pretty much since I met her (shortly after) and has had one medical set back after another. Despite the medical complications and her young age (58), she has quite a positive attitude! It was nice to spend some time with her today...ran some errands for her and hlped her get caught up with some correspondence. NOt much movement on my part, but hey...can't do EVERYTHING!!! LOL!

When I got back home, hubby and DD were gone, so I went shopping! Woo Hoo! I bought a camisole, a pair of khacki's (still a size 16P) and a nice coral blouse. Didn't even try on the blouse, so I hope it fits! It's a L, so I'm pretty sure it will! The mall was a zoo today! Elisha...hope you survived where you work. The natives here are pretty resltess, so this nice weather (and Valentine's day) brings out the beasts!!!

MsRD...no change on weigh day is always a good thing! and yes...I agreee that writing every morsel down does somehow humble us!!! Good Luck! I shall be starting that on Monday, as well!

Elisha...your "virtual gym" sounds like fun! Nothing like the whole family enjoying getting "fit" together! I hear you on the "out of control" eating! I'm right there with you. Fast food twice this week...shame on me!!!! Consider both of us tazered!!!!

Heather...hope you are adding up points and exercising, chickie! Work hard! You are soooo close!

Lucia...your one hour walk sounds just wonderful. Good luck with weigh in. I'm rooting for ya!

Chick...yea...easy on that codeine, chickie! Glad you are feeling better! Your workouts inspire me...I want to be doing what you do! Just wish I had more time!

Mary...I'm proud of you for finishing your mile, turtle girl! You rock! And I hope everything works out with Pooh Bear this weekend! Nothing like being alone on Valentine's weekend! Maybe now you have time to take back that gift and get something you REALLY want to get him!

Lisa...so glad you called Jennifer. AT least ONE of us was able to follow through...ahem!!! I had not a moment to myself on Friday! It was a busy, busy day at work and then when I got home it was busy all over again! Phew! Where do these weeks go??? Kick butt girl...stay positive!

Joy...love that "committee talk" analogy!! Sometimes the "committee" tries to out-smart me! Sometimes I am smarter...but not yesterday...dang it! And two miles...girl...you are doing sooo well! Do you remember when you started this challenge?? You've come a long way baby!!! I'm proud of you!

I'm proud of all of you! You are all the best bunch of gals around! What would I do without you? I certainly would be back up into a size 20 pants, I'm certain! Thank you for blessing my life!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 07:51 PM   #104  
Onward and downward!

Thumbs up Weigh-In Day!

Hi Chickies,

Weigh-in today and the new is good ! I am another #2 down! Must be all that walking through the week. Feeling very pleased with myself. OK, that's enough boasting from me.

MsRD - At least you didn't gain! I started journalling when I went off track. It was hard at first, but when I got down to it, seeing just how many calories and how much fat I was actually consuming in a day shocked me into action.
You said your walk made you feel good mentally, and that's good. To achieve goals you must be in the right frame of mind, and a walk in the fresh air is wonderful for that. Hang in there chickadee, you'll make it .

Julie - Nothing like buying some new clothes to help keep the motivation levels up .

Chick - I hear you! Cats can be very distracting creatures, especially in the early hours of the morning .

Will check in tomorrow, have a great day everyone.
Lucia-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 09:27 PM   #105  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Unhappy Streak Broken

I had to work a game before work. But dreadmilling time wasn't allotted. I could have cut into my sleep, but working extra hours and cutting back on sleep doesn't mix. I feel I made the right choice. AND I was on TV. The position they gave me was between the visiting team and the cheerleaders (a little spot I'd call ****, if I had to name it ) anyway, I was right in line for the TV shots. My nephew AND brother taped it, so I guess I'll find out if I can see myself later (probably tomorrow). Pooh Bear isn't coming up tonight, he's still sick. He's going to try to come up tomorrow if he's able. I think I'll spend my night (when I get home) cleaning and HOPEFULLY getting on the dreadmill to atone for not doing it this morning. Yeah, hopefully! I'd love to be able to log that in. I weigh in, in the morning so it's my day of rest. Cross your fingers.... (for both the motivation to work out tonight and the weigh in tomorrow)
Hotcupojava is offline   Reply With Quote