Old 02-09-2005, 09:58 PM   #76  
FullTime Domestic Goddess

Julie..........are you still gonna kick my butt????????? And take my name?????????????
lisa girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 12:16 AM   #77  
~In my own little world~

Wow Lisa you really did get a good workout. Way to go girl.

I didn't get my morning workout today but I worked out well tonight. Eating has been good and tomorrow is another day. G'night all...
ChickNextDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 01:11 AM   #78  
Pending Email Confirmation

Evening everyone .... probably morning for some of you.

Just a quick check in to let you guys know I was OP today - water was a littler lower than usual and I did WATP 2 minute express and 2x 15 minute brisk walks at

Weigh in was tonight and I was down 1.8 Yeah Me. :

Anyways it's after 10pm so I'm off to bed as soon as I change my signature.

squabb56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 04:53 AM   #79  
Onward and downward!

Talking

Hi Chickies,

It rained most of today, and some of it was very heavy! I didn't exercise this evening as friends rang me today to ask me out for dinner (Italian - of course), so I have had a very pleasant evening. Needless to say, my plan to do my WATP DVD didn't happen, I'm a bit too full of good food for that .

Joy - Well done on the 1.8!

That's all for tonight, I'm off to shower, then bed!
Lucia-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 07:21 AM   #80  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Thurs AM check In

Morning all you wonderful chickies! You all make me smile! And, NO Lisa...I will forigive you...but I better see another post here today when I get home!

Last night we went out for Chinese (ugh...Chinese 2 times in one day!!) So it was a bit much for my tummy last night. We were at the mall, so I did manage to da walk around the mall once anyway which was better than nothing! And then I walked it again with hubby and DD! Not as brisk, but moved, nonetheless!!!

Alright...just wanted to report the rest of my night! I'm going to try to go for a short walk this morning after I drop off DD. And then tonight I am planning to get in my toning!

Hugs to all!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 07:30 AM   #81  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Morning chicks!

Motivation level: 3

I'm so sick of the scale going up! I don't know what I'm doing wrong, it seems like nothing I do works. Grrr... I have a feeling it's just going to be one of those days.

I'm SO fed up with this. I'm about ready to design my own diet.

And can you believe my calves are still sore from my workout the other day?! I think they're worse today than they were yesterday. My knees almost buckled when I stood up out of bed.

I'm planning to go to the gym this evening after work for a strictly cardio session, probably treadmill. I feel like I should go just because my friend gave me the pass. And I know I liked it last time, and I need to do it, and whatever motivates me to exercise is a good thing.

Ok, sorry about the whine session, I just had to get it out of my system. I hope you are all having a better day than I am!
~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 01:56 PM   #82  
~In my own little world~

Congratulations Joy on the weightloss. Woohoo you rock!!

I'm in a whining mood myself so I'm just going to give a quick post and not bore you guys. Didn't get my morning workout so I'm going to really work it tonight. Eating is going good today. I just need to ditch all the sickies from my house. I'll check in later for a little inspiration. Anybody got anything good? LOL!!!
Old 02-10-2005, 04:48 PM   #83  
FullTime Domestic Goddess

Hiya girlies!!!

Hope you are all having a great Thursday! Mine has been going o.k...my throat is a bit scratchy...I'm about to go take some vitamin C or something...I can not afford to be sick!!!! I took my 5 year old to his well child check-up appt. today. He had to get 4 shots!! That 5 year checkup has become wicked!! Poor guy..he just cried and cried. Whew!! Glad that is behind me!

Chicknextdoor - Girl, I hear you about the sickies. It just gets crazy when we have sick people at home. Do you have children? Just wondering . Glad to hear your eating is going well today - mine is too!! And when I saw you write about working out tonight...it made me inspired to do the same! Thank you!

Elisha- No need to apologize. You can whine if you want to! But..I was thinking about your post- you are going to have some killer good calves if you keep this exercise up! Good job..and I hope you get some good time in on the treadmill tonight at the gym. I have ended up really liking going to the gym myself....and I fought going for so long!!! Go figure..I'm so stubborn!!!

Julie - You are a sweetie to forgive me!! Did you get your walk in this morning? Any Chinese food today???? Hmmmm?????? Hope you are having a good day!!

Lucia - Italian food is my favorite!! Yum! Still rainy in your part of the world today?? Hope you are well.

Joy - Down 1.8!!!!! You are doing great! I wish I was down 1.8!! Go, Joy, Go!!!

Well, I need to run. My 7 year old has a basketball game tonight, and I am taking all my kids to this game alone!! My DH has class...this should be interesting wrestling these boys over to the gym. I have a feeling I'm about to get some good cardio in!! LOLOL!!

Hope you all have a terrific evening!!! Take care everybody

(((((hugs))))),
Lisa
lisa girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 06:27 PM   #84  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Talking Winter strikes back.... Spring is coming soon, Turtle. Hang in there

Hello all. Third day in a row of a mile a day on the dreadmill. It's one of the hardest things I've ever made myself do. Very hard, mentally AND physically.

Lisa Girl: Great job on the pool work-out. Sounds fun and healthy!

MsRd: That sux that your sister let you AND your Mom down. I'm sorry. I hope you get it cleared up. You're right, some people just can't be counted on and we have to accept that. It still burns my Turtle butt, though.
About my popcorn? Well, it's 94% fat free... both butter and kettle corn flavors. I try to snack wisely, but it's a vice, I guess.

gabwill: Wow! That work out you did is like more than I do in a week! Awesome!!!

hikein2005: Sorry that some of us are missing. Perhaps I know who you're talking about... not mentioning any names... but she lives in Florida and her name is JENNIFER
I liked your story on Chinese New Year. I was born in the year of the Dragon (speaking of JENNIFER) and they say it's the most powerful and lucky sign... uhh... I guess I haven't found that out yet.

Miss Elisha: Great job on the work out at the gym.
Hotcupojava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 07:35 PM   #85  

Evening all!

Had such a busy day at work....then a dentist appointment.....then on to the store where I bought 3 nighties for Mom.....then off to visit Mom and drop off the stuff....and on home to find DH had prepared dinner. He had roast beef, mashed potatoes & gravy, green beans, and hot dinner rolls......and had set the dining room table too! Indeed, I am one lucky woman! (p.s. it was delicious!)

Lisa......so good to see you post again! Hope to see you more often......if we don't see your post, we will assume the worst. Careful with the scratchy throat.....get lots of rest....lots of water......you know the drill.

ChickNextDoor.....you are doing great! You are more than halfway to your goal! You go girl!

Joy.....down 1.8! I am so proud of you!

Lucia.....mmmmmm.....Italian dinner sounds so good. And I trust you will do double in the exercise department to atone for it!

Julie.....how nice you can get in your exercise and spend time with family too!

Elisha.....I know how frustrated you feel. I think we all have been there. As far as designing your own diet....you might be on the right track! Do what works for you! And then write a book about it and make a million bucks!

Turtle.....you are doing so good on the treadmill......it makes you twice as inspirational when I realize you don't want to do it! My Sis can be a real trip.....but this is nothing new and I shouldn't let her get to me.....but letting Mom down was the last straw. Anyway, I got everything taken care of, so I just put it behind me and go on from here. I love popcorn! The 94% fatfree is delicious too........and have you tried the minibags? They are so nice for just one person.

JENNIFER!.....o fearless leader! Yoohoooooooo! Get in here and inspire us.....let the droid read over your shoulder....she might learn something!

Today was not good, foodwise,......someone poured a mountain of Hershey kisses on my desk this afternoon, and......well, off to exercise!
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 10:01 PM   #86  
my dad made me1 from wood

WoW everyone sounds like they are doing great.
Sorry don't have time for replies to much homework.
I did get my 2ml walk in today and haven't eaten good.Everyone take care will check in tomorrow. Heather
scorchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 10:22 PM   #87  
motomom

Default Thurs PM

Hi my favorite chickies...
I haven't commented in a while...guess I just have had so much to say that I haven't had room for comments...LOL! Today I went for my walk this morning before work and froze my a**!!!!! It was cold! Actually, it might have been better if my a** was frozen...right off!! I've noticed that's getting a bit bigger and the pants are feeling tighter...from not working out! UGH!!

Food today was less than stellar, but better than bad! I had veggies for supper...brocolli, a Zone bar for breakfast...was starving for lunch...they had lasagne at work and I had 1/2 piece and some salad (a bunch!)...drank lots of water! Did have some chocolate tonight as a treat with DD! I guess all in all it wasn't that bad!

MsRD...I hear you on the chocolate, chickie! Glad you got the nightgown/sister/mother issue resolved! I am sure that didn't set well with you. It wouldn't have with me. But I understand the family dymanics stuff, especially working with the elderly!

Elisha...sorry you are having a crappy day!

Mary...Yea on the treadmill! I'm proud of you! Keep it up! You are inspiring...oh and the CNY with DD was a lot of fun! Thanks Dragon girl!

Lisa...good to hear from you!

Joy...Yea on the 1.8 lbs. The scale is moving in your direction!!! YEA!!!

Lucia...sorry about the nutritionist! Sometimes things don't always work out like we would like, but you can get all the pats on the back you need right here...anytime! I am certainly proud of your 5# loss!!!! HUGS!!!

Chick...hope your workout went well tonight! I hear you on the sickos! I couldn't figure out a way to ditch myself, though !!!

Gabrielle...you are doing so awesome with your exercise! I wish I had the time! I must have missed something...what has happened to your husband to have him not be able to work out? I hope he can get better! Hugs to you and that sweet little Jasmine!

JENNIFER.....You are sooooooooo grounded!!!!! When I find out where you were and what you have been doing...your butt is mine (if someone else doesn't get to it first!) Seriously...we are all a bit worried about you...PLEASE check in! We miss you!!!!!!!!
Old 02-10-2005, 11:34 PM   #88  
~In my own little world~

Lisa-Yes I have 3 kids. Jessica is 9, Mikayla is 4 and Cole is 2.

I did workout tonight. I totally kicked it too. 13 miles on the bike, 300 crunches, 100 side crunches, butt lifts, weights etc. I didn't do the treadmill but I think I did more than good. I love Thursday night workouts. I worked out through the first CSI and then through ER. Now I just want to go to bed. LOL!!

Nighty night.
Old 02-11-2005, 12:05 AM   #89  
Onward and downward!

Talking

Hi Chickadees!

Today is going well eating and exercise wise. The rain has left and the day is lovely and cool. I walked for 1 hour this morning and I rembered to put my pedometer on this morning, I haven't worn it for a while, so I am aiming for the 10,000 steps that is the recommendation.

MsRD - Thanks for the gentle reminder I need to push myself a little harder to atone for yesterdays 'sins' .

Lisa - Your poor little boy! I hate needles. Whenever I have to have an injection my mouth goes dry! I can't imagine needing to have 4! You can tell him I think he is very brave!

Julie - Hugs right back at ya Chickie .

Chick - 300 crunches ! Needless to say, I'm impressed.

That's it for today, check in with you tomorrow.

Last edited by Lucia-1; 02-11-2005 at 03:01 AM.
Lucia-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 07:15 AM   #90  
motomom

Default Friday! TGIF!

OK, I'm sitting on the fence this morning trying to decide if today is going to be a good day nutrition-wise, or if I want to say "screw it" until Monday! Alright!!! Alright!!!! I will try to make this a good day...positive thoughts only! Thanks chickies...love all of you!