Old 02-08-2005, 01:09 AM   #61  
Onward and downward!

Smile

Hi Chickies,

I kept my appointment with the nutritionist yesterday, and if I was expecting a pat on the back, I certainly didn't get it . She read through my food journal, and said that if I had left the iced coffee and cheesecake alone, I could probably have doubled my weight loss. Then she read through my exercise journal and said she wasn't very impressed by my lack of effort! I don't know if I caught her on a bad day, or what her problem was, but I didn't make another appointment as she told me too. Another thing I didn't do was come home and comfort myself with food . I've fought some battles to lose my #15, and I'm keeping on with what I'm doing! Anyway...that's my moan out of the way for today!

Eating has gone to plan today, and I walked for 45 minutes again this morning.

Squabb - I think anyone who has fought a battle with weight will be guilty at sometime of being impatient with how long it takes to see results. Your Dr sounds like a very reasonable man.

Turtle - WTG on the exercise and #3.

MsRD - Thanks for the encouragment, a loss does spur you on to bigger and better!

Julie - Hang in there! The scale will soon start to move in the direction you want .

Have a great day everyone.
Lucia-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 02:49 AM   #62  
my dad made me1 from wood

Julie- Glad you got your walk in
Chick- You did a lot of exercisng wtg
Elisha- I had my husband hide my scale until my b-day otherwise I weigh on it everyday and if don't see what I want I get depressed.
Gab- GLad your feeling better and working out too.
Ms Rd- Darn I was looking forward to some spending money lol
hotcup- Sounds like you did a great workout
Joy- WTG on the water and exercise
Laucia- Hopefully you caught her on a bad day, she didn't sound very nice. I'm very proud of you for not eating after you got back.

Today I did my WATPS tape only 1ml though . School was tonight it was interesting we are doing a fun project that involves making stuff up I love those hehe. It will be our last project for that class. Tomorrow if its not raining me, hubby and dog are going to go walking at the park for two miles. I can't believe how out of shaped I have become in the last month. anyways, food was good today had 21 points this weeks pnt rng is 20-25. Well I"m off to bed nighty nite
scorchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 09:54 AM   #63  
Pending Email Confirmation

Hi everyone! I'm Jess & new here, & if I'm not welcome then that's fine. I'm going to be 18 on the 26th. I started January at 140 pounds & was down to 134 on February 1st. My goal is a pound a week. I started out working out an hour/day for about 6 days a week. Then I plateaued a little bit & lost nothing one week. I (maybe falsely) attributed it to exercising, because I didn't exercise for the last week & 1/2 of the month & that worked for me. But this week I decided to just work out an hour/day & not weigh in at all until Saturday (my weigh in day) & see if exercise really slows my weight loss down. So my goal for this week is to exercise an hour per day. I'll update on Saturday with my result!
120by430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 11:08 AM   #64  
Pending Email Confirmation

Morning

Just a quick welcome to Jess :goodvibe: Nice to have you here, the more the merrier I say.

Scorchin - My DH and I were discussing how out of shape we were from about 2 years ago when we were hiking and walking every day. We have a Sun Run in Vancouver in April - DH is joining a work club to run it - I think I'll go and hopefully walk run (Walk one minute - run one minute). It is 10K - so we have to really start training now - sure doesn't take long to get out of shape.... but at least it's not 2 years for you

Lucia - What a difference between the messages from my doctor and your nutritionist.... I think you are doing a great job - being really motivated and keeping on plan

Hotcup - Sounds like I need to buy a copy of the walk/jog dvd to get my training started - Way to go - doing it twice.

MsRD - Shopping in April - WHOO HOO what a great ST goal & reward

Hikein - How was the workout with DH The weather definately affects me too but I haven't gone for any color yet .... but maybe I will ...

Gabwill - good this we can re-new our goals whenever we need to Monday - looks like a fresh start.... You can do it - plus if your mindful always - your not doing that bad. {{gabwill}}

Miss Elisha - I want to work my "butt off" too - but literally

Gotta get to work - will check in later.

squabb56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 12:52 PM   #65  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Howdy chicks!

This will be a short one as I have to get ready for my first-ever gym session!

Eating has not been great these past few days. Since going off the SBD I kind of went crazy and had all the stuff I've been avoiding for 2 weeks. I hope I've gotten it all out of (or back into, whichever way you want to look at it) my system. I did stick to my One Diet Soda Per Day rule yesterday. Steve stayed over last night and fixed me a big breakfast. But it's ok, because I'm going to work it off today! Then Mom and I are going to look at some home exercise equipment. She wants a strength-training machine, I want cardio, but we both recognize the need for both, so I told her if she would help with the finances I might consider getting both. We'll have an entire home gym! Wouldn't that be awesome?!

One other note--you're all talking about tanning beds (Julie!)--don't do it! Those are so bad for you! Not only can the light cause cancer, but sun damage (even fake sun) ages your skin faster than anything else, making you look older than you are. Invest in a good self-tanner, they're much healthier and much more cost effective! Take my word for it, ladies, I'm a beauty advisor!

Ok, I've gotta run. Everyone have a great day!
~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 04:24 PM   #66  
~In my own little world~

Lucia-Your nutritionist sounds like a freak. I might have just walked out on all that 'supportivness'. LOL!! I'm glad you laughed it off and didn't need the comforts of food. I'm very proud of you b/c I tend to grab something when my feelings get hurt and that just causes more troubles. So way to go!!

Julie-I haven't had a chance to respond to your earlier post but I have a second. I read what you were posting about not having the time and it really made me think. There are days when I get so overwhelmend with taking care of everything and everyone, that I just sit down and cry. I started just telling whoever that I needed a minute and went and did a few short exercises or got on my bike for a couple of miles. Every little bit helps and it usually helped with my mood. Good luck to you though hun, it's really rough when you feel like you are trying your best and still getting beat down.

To everyone else, I think you guys are awesome. Each of you has a great outlook and know where you are going and where you have been. Keep it up!!

Schools out here for the flu so I'm entertaining kiddos today and for the rest of the week. Hopefully that means I get a little extra workout time when we get up though. My oldest can entertain the littles. Today has been a great eating day and exercising too. Still have 7 pounds to ditch before the 21st. I know that might not happen but I'm thinking positively.

Good day all...
ChickNextDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 05:15 PM   #67  
Onward and downward!

Talking

Hi Chickies

Thanks for the encouraging words about my visit to the nutritionist. To be fair to her it was only her second week at her new workplace. However, I am not going back, I have come so far in the last twelve months, and for me, the fact that I didn't drown my feelings with food is significant. Anyway, I have all the support I need here with this great group .

Joy - The walk/run 10K sounds like a great fitness goal, and you are giving yourself plenty of training time !

Chick - I read your comment about becoming overwhelmed at times by taking care of everything and everyone. I can identify with this. It seems to be mostly women who carry this burden. There are days when I feel I just could not cope with one more demand or request made of me. I have realised my inability to say no was one of the major reasons I used food for comfort. Keep positive about the #7 .

That's all for now, have a great day everyone.
Old 02-08-2005, 07:46 PM   #68  

Hello all!

Being a creature of habit, after breakfast each morning, I toddle out to the kitchen, put my dishes in the dishwasher and then take 2 Tums (for calcium) and 1 multiple vitamin pill. Until this morning, that is......put my dishes away and then took 1 Tums and 2 vitamins! Zowie! Have I had energy today!

JavaTurtle.....did I tell you the scale was going to be kind to you this week? Three pounds! You get a gold star for that one!

Squabb.....one pound a month does sound frustratingly low, but Dr may have a point there. And, while you are at it, if the end result is looking like a 20-year-old, I'd take it!

Lucia......glad you blew off that bonehead of a nutritionist (and I don't care if she is new!) I don't think I would go back either! You have accomplished quite a lot in the past year, and you deserve the praise that goes with it. Stick with us....we'll get each other thru this.

Scorchin.....Taking a walk in the park sounds so good! I have been cooped up in the house for waaayyy too long this winter, and am looking forward to getting out with the dog!

Jess......Welcome! We are always happy to have new people! Your workout schedule is incredible.....as is the results you have been seeing on the scale! I can see you are going to be an inspiration to me!

Elisha......your out of control eating makes me think that maybe it is your body making up for something it was missing on SBD.....all the more reason to try a diet plan that is healthier for you! I would love a home gym......let us know what you decide on!

Chick.....You are doing so great on your eating and exercise! You may just make that goal after all!

Way too tired tonight......can't figure out if it is the late nights or the early mornings that are getting to me!
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 07:56 PM   #69  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Unhappy Evening Chicks! Just checking in from work...

Howdy all. Thanks for the applause on my loss.

I'm striving to do even better this week. I think I may be getting a cold. I've been feeling a bit fever-y and my throat felt sore, but the hot tea I had when I got here, helped. The popcorn too.

I'm going to figure out how to respond to you all, sooner or later. Sitting here at work, with nothing else to, you'd think I'd get this figured out. Hmpff.

I'm bored. Somebody CONTACT ME.
Hotcupojava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 08:17 AM   #70  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Morning chicks!

Motivation level: 8

The gym was awesome! It totally kicked my butt though, and I'm a little sore today as a result. That's ok, it's nothing I can't handle. I was going to go back today and just do cardio (since I did an entire strength training circuit yesterday), but my calves are protesting that plan of action, so I guess I'll take the day off. I might do some yoga or pilates though. And back to cardio tomorrow!

Eating, however, was not good. I'll spare you the details, but know that it was gruesome. And I didn't drink nearly enough water. I woke up this morning with a splitting headache (3rd day in a row I've had a headache), and that usually only happens when I get dehydrated, so my goal for the day is to drink a *lot* of water.

We went to look at equipment, and even my brother went. I decided to go for an elliptical, simply because the gazelle doesn't seem sturdy at all and Mom thinks she would fall off. Yeah, they're more fun, but they also seem more likely to break and/or cause injury. We found a bowflex-type machine on clearance that I would LOVE to have, but I don't have the money for it just yet. If it's still there when I do get money, it's mine. I doubt it will be though, it was a really good deal, and the last one.
*sigh*
I'm going with the elliptical, and if Mom wants to help pay for a strength machine that's good too.

Ok chicks, I've gotta go. I'm going to attempt to eat healthy today, which means I have to find something different for breakfast.

Have a great day, chicks!
~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 05:05 PM   #71  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Where is everyone???

I am gonna start taking names and kicking butts if I don't see some certain people posting here more regularly!!!! You know who you are!!! Get your butts over here and post! I don't want any excuses!

Happy Chinese New Year...the Year of the Rooster. I celebrated today with, of course...Chinese food and plenty of it! I spent the afternoon with my DD's Kindergarten class telling them all about Chinese New Year, doing crafts and educational stuff, like learning how to count in Chinese! It was so much fun! I loved it and so did she!

I did not exercise yesterday. I plan to yet tonight, but need to make a run to Walmart first! It's Aunt Flo's time to visit and I was not prepared!

Not much else to say. Hope everyone is well!

Elisha...glad you got your workout equipment. Sounds like a whole lot of fun!
Your home sounds like it will be, if not already, a virtual gym! Glad you enjoyed the gym experience too! It can be intimidating if you've never gone before. It was for me!

Hugs!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 05:50 PM   #72  
Onward and downward!

Smile

Hi,

Just a quick post before I head off to work. I have a later start today, so I'm having another before I go. It's been raining all night, so I haven't been for my walk this morning. I'll get my WATP DVD out this evening.

MsRD - Thanks for your support re: nutritionist. I didn't expect sympathy from her, but I do need some understanding, and I think only those who have/had a weight problem can give that. That's why I keep checking in here .

Julie - Your afternoon at your daughter's kindergarten sounds fun! It's great for children to be exposed to other cultures, they are always so open to new things.

Well chickies, my coffee mug is empty, guess I'd better haul myself off to work. Have a great day.
Old 02-09-2005, 06:34 PM   #73  

well yesterday was good. I did 45 min. cardio, 40 min kickboxing and 35 min strength training. When hubby got home yesterday we started kickbutt video but we only did 20 minutes of it since he wasn't feeling up to any more. I figured that it would be wise and take a bit more time then his dr suggested since he was feeling bad afterwards. It is sad since he has always been active and that is one of the slowest dvds I have (least impact and everything) and we were talking about him joining the bball team for his squadron on base since he hasn't played with the league since we were in NO. He loved it but it got too much to take on with him working two jobs and me working over night we would never see each other so he quit (back then we were just saving money and now since we don't have that money saved any more we want more now LOL). NOw since he can't even get through that I doubt that he will be physical on the court with other marines. I don't know I feel bad for him since he is the one that got me off the couch and in the gym in the first place (I was very wide at one time and only now am I slimming down even though I am still wide and want to get rid of that).

Today I haven't done anything. As soon as DD woke up, I dressed her, fed her, took a shower, did my hair and hers and we went job hunting... have so many applications to fill out tonight so taht I can bring them back tomorrow. Well I have to go. She is too cranky and needs a nap but doesn't want one since she thinks I am doing something. Guess I have to go.
gabwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 08:50 PM   #74  

HI!

Grrrr.......I am so mad right now, I could spit nails, as Grandma used to say. I just got back from visiting my Mom and found that my sister has not given Mom's Christmas present to her.....it's FEBRUARY! To make matters worse, it is stuff she really needs! Two months ago, the aide told me Mom needed nightgowns......so I went out and bought them and gave them (giftwrapped yet!) to my sister to take up (we have done this before.....she is unemployed, no money.....) Someday, I will just learn that she is not a person I can depend on. I would call her tonight, but don't know as my frothing would have any effect......and I don't really want to hear her excuses. Aughhhh! OK.....phew......rant over.

Today was so-so for food.....breakfast was cereal & milk & tea......midmorning was a birthday cupcake from one of the guys.......lunch was a chicken wrap & water.......mid-afternoon was a cooky bar........and dinner was a chicken sandwich & diet coke (and apple pie!) from McD's. Water was not great. Don't worry.....I will get in the exercise in a bit!

JavaTurtle.....Careful now with the cold and fever thing.....lots of rest, force fluids.....popcorn?

Elisha......A friend of mine got an elliptical last year and loves it! It is so easy to use and you really get a workout!

Julie.....Chinese New Year! What fun! Those kindergarteners probably had a lot to talk about when they got home today!

Lucia......we can do this together! Keep inspiring us!

Gab......sounds like you are back to doing great! Keep encouraging DH.....you know how hard it is to get back on track.

It is nearly 9pm.....zounds! I have laundry to do, a dishwasher to unload.....and heaven only knows what flylady has planned for me!
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 09:56 PM   #75  
FullTime Domestic Goddess

Hi everybody! I was just reading through the posts and it is so good to hear about you guys. I have missed posting, and I have just let life distract me from certain things like this that I truly need and truly enjoy. I am such a perfectionist, and I guess subconsciously I feel that if I am not doing perfectly that I will just not post anything at all - which is NUTS!!

Tonight, I had the best time! I went with a good friend to the club that we are a member of. The pool was so warm! We got the water noodles and for a solid hour worked out. My legs are still screaming!! LOL! We also did upper body work in the pool. Somebody told me once that they didn't think working out in the pool was challenging, but you know - I just dont see that AT ALL!! I spent a good 15 min. cross country skiing in the pool tonight, and I could really feel I was getting a good workout. I feel so excited!! Excited because I have been getting this outlet of exercise and that I get to go to this pool. I should have been doing this sooner!! It is a welcome break for me...just getting out of the house for and hour and a half. DH has been so supportive, and I just have no reason not to exercise!!!

Food today was good. Water was even good. I'm pretty proud of myself. I'm just taking it one day at a time.....it's all anyone can do.

So.........if there's anyone else out there not posting because they feel they got off track...come post with me!! We can all do so much more together than alone.

I'll be back to comment tomorrow...I am so tired I'm about to crash into the keyboard here.

Hope you all have a terrific evening, and a day full of sunshiny feelings tomorrow!! Bless you all and take care,

(((((Hugs))))),
Lisa
lisa girl is offline   Reply With Quote