Old 11-03-2004, 10:02 PM   #46  

Well I did my intervals today and ran 3 miles. walked about 1 during my intervals and then added a mile of walking to give myself a cooldown. Drank lots of water today because of that too. It feels good so I don't mind sweating alot. Only bad thing is is that I had to stop halfway through my intervals because pest control got here earlier then what they were supposed to and we had to leave for 4 hours. I did get back to it and redid the running part that I was on when he got here. Still it was a faster speed and a minute more then what I am used to so I think I really did good for myself. I still have my situps to do but that will come once I get my daughter fed later on tonight. Tomorrow is taebo, situps and an hour walk. Sounds good to me.

Jennifer- ask me whatever ya'll would like to. If I can answer I will, if not then I can always ask (hubby is a marine and was a fitness fanatic) I don't mind at all.

Donna- good job on your loss. I tried ww. The first week I lost 2 lbs but then from there I never did well. I went with a friend and she was less the 10 lbs from her goal weight and so she didn't really try therefore I never tried either. I think I gained more then I lost. Not good on my part.
gabwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 01:59 AM   #47  
Pending Email Confirmation

Weigh in tonight. I lost 3.6 pounds. Total now of 24.2

I decided to take my measurements last night and found that since I started WW in early September I have lost 13.25. 6 3/4 in September and 6 1/2 in October.

Stayed OP today and drank 72 oz of water, but had to stay late to finish off a PO and wasted enough of my exercise time that it wasn't worth changing and stuff so I could get home, eat and go to WW on time.

My experience being successful with Thanksgiving was in the planning. I planned to eat a light breakfast and lunch, but not get too hungry. I planned appi's of triscuits and antipasto... which I didn't even end up eating, but was okay if I did. I planned to have lots of vegetables. I planned to have a little of everything, including cranberry wine. And I planned to have some of Mom's pumpking pie. I had a piece about 1/16 of a 9" pie and had ultra light cool whip instead of whipped cream. I was only .2 down that week, but it was in the right direction.

Lisa - I had the same problem coming off of VIOXX. I am now taking Bextra. Have you tried that, it seems to be relieving my pain -- enough that I'm walk/running on the tread mill. I love to run and had to stop after the ostheo snuck up on me. Now I run one minute/ walk one minute. Hopefully when I get a ton of weight of I'll be able to run again... maybe I'm in denial, but it's worth the risk.... I loved to run and when I had to stop I stopped everything and started eating non-stop. Did I say, I love to run?

Good work everyone... this challenge is really helping me be motivated. I can't wait to post what's happening everyday and read what you guys are up to . Well gotta go and get my bag ready for the morning so there's no excuses and no laying in bed waiting until it's too late.

Joy
squabb56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 07:35 AM   #48  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Morning chicks!

Motivation level: 5

Man, 2 days off and I am all out of whack. I have absolutely GOT to exercise this evening. Fortunately, there should be nothing to interrupt me. I've got a bit of cleaning to do with Mom, but that won't take all night. I am just so tired! I just woke up and I'm already tired... I don't know what my problem is.

So yesterday wasn't too terribly bad. Calories were around 1680, which is a little high, but not terrible. Water was good. No exercise, except for the 6.60 pedometer miles I walked at work. Today should be more of the same, except fewer calories and some quality time with the stairclimber.

Anyway, as sluggish as I'm feeling today, I'd better get moving now. Have a great day, chicks!
~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 08:48 AM   #49  

These dark skies every day is driving me to EAT! LOL Seriously, I wish it would clear up. It's pouring down rain today and the days before were cloudy and of course I'm one of *those* who need sunshine or I get very depressed.

Congratulations to Joy and Mary for their big losses yesterday! I am still very happy with my loss of 1.4!!

Gabrielle, WW doesn't work for everyone that's for sure but it did for me before. Last year I did WW online and from August to February I lost 30 pounds. However, after I met my goal I slacked off big time thinking it would be inbedded in my being and it would just stay there well guess what? I was proven wrong. I gained 15 of it back and even saw it coming but ignored it like before. When I saw this challenge in the journals I decided to get back on track and I did lose a couple on my own but felt that I may do better if I joined the meetings and so in September with my birthday money I received from my Father I joined up. This time it isn't going as quickly but it may be good so it can really teach me that I can't just go on living like I did. I am not made that way. Your hubby is a marine?! Explains how you know so much about all this training. I have a uncle who is a x-marine and he is still in top great shape in his 60's. In fact, he always looks very good! He even had to have hip replacement surgery a few years back and that hasn't stopped him from his daily exercise regimine. I'm so proud and impressed with you.

Hello to MsRD, Julie, Lucy, Jennifer, Lisa, Elisha, Jaymi, Drazen, (where has she been?) Mary and Joy and Gabrielle. I hope you all have a great day. I hope it's at least sunny where you all are. LOL

I have a doctor appt. today. I am going to see about why I've been feeling so depressed lately. I'll talk to you all later!
dlzbth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 09:42 AM   #50  
"workin' on my fitness"

Morning, chicklettes!

Ok, so this morning I planned to jump out of bed with the first alarm. Yeah, at the first alarm, I rolled to hit it, eyes flew open and OUCH! My darned lower back/upper butt region feels like someone poked it with a hot stick. YOWZA!!! I sat up in bed, and felt it pulse/spasm on me. Back was not happy. Apparently going from being a lump & letting lethargy set in, to 4 days of morning and evening activity is pushing me. I am hoping that "extreme discomfort" is the feeling of fat cells rapidly melting off one of the widest areas...lol.

I quickly decided that this morning would be a rest morning, or I'd probably end up on the floor with a siezed back. Haven't had that happen in about 5 years, and I am not about to go through that again. No way. Not happening. So, I stood in a very hot shower, letting the hot water hit that area, hoping it would loosen things up. I looked like an idiot...first was the "police frisking stance" against the shower wall. Then, the "grab your ankles & try not to drown" pose. Followed by "bent at the waist & head against the shower wall, cuz it's too early to try to balance. I'm still very sore, and get these twinges when I move wrong. And shower yoga can cause you to drown, so I don't recommend that. LOL.

I want to try to work this out over the course of the day....I'm going to try to move more often, and if someone complains, I'll tell them it's either this, or I go home & medicate & lay still. Somehow I think they will want me here.

Breakfast today:
1/3 cup smart start
Fresh cored pineapple, cut right at my desk. Man, it was soooo good! Juicy....couldn't ask for fresher, sweeter fruit. Yum!

Lunch:
3/4 cup ditalini pasta
2 meatballs
1/4 cup sauce
sprinkle of parmesan cheese
more pineapple, if still hungry.

PM Exercise:
See how back feels. 1 mile WATP, even done slowly without big movements if the back is still complaining. If that feels like too much, then 15 minutes on the bike.

Dinner:
Soup and a half a sammitch, I think. Chickarina, probably, and turkey breast or chicken breast for the sammitch. We'll see how hungry I am, and how much activity I get in.

Gabrielle- thanks! Soon I'll be pestering you for workout plans! I appreciate the help, and now that we know what a pro you are, I'll definitely be asking you questions!

Joy- Way to go on the 3.6 pounds! Another runner???? Sadist! (I say that with love...since I'm one who will never, ever be able to do that)

Elisha- c'mon chickie...you're always my backup when I'm struggling...I'm not going to let you fall out when the momentum is building here. How about just 30 minutes....anything to get the body movement. I promise, you won't regret it.

I'll be back later...time to work the stiffening out again.
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 12:46 PM   #51  
LucyKitty

Thanks a ton for all the support, you guys! You rock!

I am about to run and work out right now, but I figured I'd update, first. Haven't had a chance to meet with the dietician yet -- better get on that! I have to see my doc again on the 23rd.

I don't have much else to update, really. Let's just all remember in our personal lives, though, that our country was built on freedom of thought and basically freedom to do whatever. Let's not get mad at people because they have different views, okay? That's the point of the USA. (Too many fights around my neck of the woods -- we have to let it go!)

Hope you're all having good days, and I'll update later!
lameducklucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 07:48 PM   #52  
Pending Email Confirmation

Just a quick note before I head to class tonight. I've had a good day, so far. Went to the gym this morning and did some water running and strengthening exercises. I've had about 60 oz of water, I'm sure I'll be up ti 84 by the end of the night.

Hope you loosen up for tomorrow Jennifer.

Need to see that motivation level at 9 tomorrow Elisha. I'm counting on you, I'll do a 9 if you will. come on....

Well enough time away from the homework (done of course at the last minute). Have a great evening.

Thank you so much for being here for me.

Joy
squabb56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 07:58 PM   #53  

Hey people!

Well calories 1374 for today so not disasterous. That's coz I decided not to write this week's essay. I have to do a certain number a term and really after being ill this weekend I couldn't manage two this week. Writing essays makes me eat so much.

Does anyone else ever feel really jealous of those people who can sit near an open bag of crisps or pack of chocolate bars or muffins or something and not even notice them? I look at other people ignoring food and eating in moderation and I wish I could spend less time thinking about it. I wish when I got stressed I didn't turn to food.

I have finals in June and they will count for 100% of my degree that's 3 years of work all over in 24 hours of exams over 2 weeks. I just know I'm going to end up fat and I guess there's not much I can do about it as my degree is more important than my weight

Dill
dilleight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 08:17 PM   #54  

well today went pretty well. I decided that since I knew that my hubby wouldn't get off until atleast 3 this morning (turned out to be home a little after 5) that I would get up at 515 to start my workout before Jasmine woke up. Unfortunately she woke within 20 minutes of my waking up so I didn't do it then. I fed her and got her ready for her appointment and since she was cranky and it was cold, I didn't want her in the garage while I did atleast my walk. Everything was fine with her appt and she actually is gaining weight again but is still alot under for an 18 month old (she is still 3 months behind in most of her developmental areas- 3 months premie wouls do that --to her though so it isn't a concern)
Came back home and got 20 minutes of my walk. Jasmine was dead tired since she woke up so early but only slept 30 minutes so I got in about 20 more minutes of my walk. Then finally when she was fed again she felt a bit better so did the last 20 of it. Did about 3.3 miles. Had time to pick up around the house before waking up John. He woke up before I got the chance to wake him up and he ended up cooking.
After he left for work (2 hours after waking up) I was able to do my pushups (was able to increase 2 more for a total of 13... still want to do another 5 tonight though... or as much as I can) and did my taebo which I am hurting from. Feels good though. I have no energy to spare so I am happy that dd will more then likely go to bed easly tonight.
Tomorrow will be my intervals again and hopefully John will be up so that I don't have to stop within the hour to make sure Jasmine is fine. Today was a long day though and I am happy that it is almost over. Only relaxing to do for the remainder of it!!!

Joy- good job with the 3.5 lbs! I wish that that would happen to me every once in a while. How often do you weigh in?

Donna- honestly I think that I would have done better if I had someone I knew to seriously go with me but that is alright. Out here, I don't know many people and so I just do on my own. Good job with the loss though.

Jennifer- bring on the questions Oh and I thought that I would never be a runner either... never did it at all. I did get into it a couple of years ago but ended up stopping because of pregnancy and I missed and and now can do it regularly. I love it and do it 3 times a week now. Don't want to miss it for anything.
gabwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 09:23 PM   #55  

Hello All

I am still stuck on candy overload.....had some sweets at Halloween and the sugar just keeps calling me! This week at work, we had 3 birthdays.........which means birthday treats from each one! Guess I am saying, this week is going down the tubes food wise! DH & I are going out of town this weekend, so maybe that will break the sugar/eating cycle.

Gabwill......you are amazing with your exercise schedule. No matter how busy you get, you always fit the exercise in somewhere! You keep me going!

Squabb.....great weigh-in chickie! And being prepared for the Thanksgiving feast sure will be a help. Never thought about low-cal appi's......great idea!

Dlzbth......it has been rainy here too......followed by gray skies and cold temps.....pretty average for around here. They are even predicting snow for next week......wonder where my snowboots are?

Jenn......OWIE.....that's me feeling your pain! Better to take a couple days off exercise than risk an injury? At least, start off with some nice easy stretches.

Dill.....I never could understand people who seem unaffected by nearby snacks. Can you imagine a life not ruled by food?

Got to get some more water in.......and some exercise wouldn't hurt either.
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 09:58 PM   #56  
FullTime Domestic Goddess

Hi girlies!! Just wanted to do a check-in!

Joy - I think I need to up my Bextra to 20 mg. The 10 mg is not cutting it! Oh, girl -- down over 3 pounds-- that's just terrific! Way to go!!

Ms RD - Isn't it amazing how addictive the candy can be? I have 3 sons - which of course means we got 3 full buckets of candy brought in!! I have put it on the tip top shelf, so at least I dont have to LOOK AT IT!! lol

Gab - Good job on the exercise! You are setting such good habits for Jasmine!

(((Dill))) - You won't end up fat. Let's think of some snack things that will satisfy you, but won't just slam on the calories. Are you a chocolate person? Maybe we can come up with a plan..you can shop for the items..and you will be prepared. And, then, perhaps you could up your exercise to counter the extra calories. It will work out Dill..we'll help you!

Lucy - Just keep on keeping on chica!! You're super!

Jennifer - How's the back??? Take care of yourself. And you know what?? I am so proud of you!! You go girl.

Donna - I have been thinking about you! Hope that appointment went well. You deserve the very best, and that includes feeling happy and positive. You are doing a fabulous job .....(((Donna)))

Julie - - Where are you???? Jaymi - - Where are you???

Today has been good for me. My grocery bill is up...but it always is when I eat healthier. Water is in...and I am at 12,424 steps. I'm feeling like........like this is a do-able thing....like we all just have to reach out and "grab it". I want this so badly...I really, really do. I want it for you all too....let's do this thing!!!
lisa girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 10:33 PM   #57  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Evening ladies!

Good day here. Long though. I just finished my exercise--both sets of Slendercises (I've started using one set as my warm-up and the other as cool-down, so they're easy to get in), plus an UB circuit. I can tell my muscles are getting more solid, even if my arms are still flabby.

Jenn, Joy... Thanks for the encouragement! It kicked me right out of this seat and onto the stairclimber! Just what I needed! I'm aiming for a 9 tomorrow.

Food was good today... at 1179 calories right now, but I'm really craving some cheese sticks, so instead of going to Arby's tomorrow at lunch and getting the *really* high calorie ones, I'm going to improvize a recipe and bake some on my own. Not too many though, just enough to kick the craving. Water is good too, and I'm still going.

You know what I discovered this evening? Putting on my workout clothes gives me an instant boost of energy. Before I forced myself to put them on I was feeling completely legarthic. But then I did put them on and WHAM! Instant energy surge! It's like my body was saying, "Oh goodie, it's time to exercise now! Alright! Let's go!" Which is a very good thing. I will have to experiment with this idea further.

But not tonight. Tonight is shower, cheese sticks, probably more computering, then sleep. Have a great night, chicks.
~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 09:40 AM   #58  
"workin' on my fitness"

Hey chickies...super busy morning. I'm still very stiff & sore, and now I have to prepare material for "several hundred" people coming to a first time homebuyer event tomorrow. Lots of notice, huh???? Well, I've got my work cut out for me...so I'll try to peek in if possible...

Happy Friday, chicklettes!!!!

Old 11-05-2004, 06:33 PM   #59  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Yesterday (Thurs) and Today (Friday)

Last night just as I was about to post, my power went out for just a second, but I lost internet connection, so I posted to my Word journal and here ya are!

Hi chickies!

Tonight I can’t get on line, so I’m typing this on Word and going to paste it when/if internet comes back up! The power went out for a millisecond just as I was going to start typing (thankfully it didn’t do it after I typed a big long entry!) and now we are without the internet! UGH!

Well, today I added up my calories of the food I ate at the end of the day and I came in at 1725 calories. Waaaaay over what I think I should be eating! So obviously, things have got to change! Perhaps this is why I am not able to lose weight!!!!! DUH!!!

Here’s what I ate today (I figured calories as best I could):

*½ cup oatmeal (dry) cooked w/ ¼ cup blueberries, splenda & ½ cup milk, 2 turkey sausages = 285 calories
*Turkey /cheese bagel sandwich w/ veggie cream cheese on it = 600 calories
*Salad w/ 3 oz. Chicken, ½ oz. Ham, 1 oz. Cheese, 1 hb egg, 1 cup milk = 655
*2 fun (oh yea…so much “fun”) sized candy bars = 185

So steps today were good. 12240 steps = 5.56 miles. So that is good! My boss even commented to me about “getting in my exercise” today! I showed him the pedometer and how many steps I’ve logged! He was impressed! Did a mile before work!

Water today so far is 64 oz. Not as good as I like but it will do! I’m sure I will drink more before the night is through!

I’d love to comment but it looks like it will be a while before I can post this. I did read some of the posts. Jennifer, I hope your back is feeling better in no time. Sounds like some nerve stuff going on…you need to really watch that closely! Don’t exercise until it’s feeling lots better and don’t forget to stretch good before and after your workouts! Try to lay as flat as you can on your back when you sleep with your legs up on a pillow, taking the pressure off your back/spine. You should notice a difference in the morning! And if you don’t, I’m sure you will be calling the Dr. Also…anti-inflamatory…Ibuprofen, Alleve will help too!

Hope the rest of you are staying inspired. Elisha…I love the new thread!

Hugs to all!

TODAY, Friday November 5
I got in 12,300 steps. Had 4 snack sized candy bars *(they gotta go!) and didn't drink enough water. I'm going to add up my caloires for the day tonight, but I'm sure I'm waaaay over 1200!!!!

I will check in tomorrow! Hope you all are having a great day!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 07:03 PM   #60  
"workin' on my fitness"

Heya chickies...just a fly by posting. Truck is reserved for 7am tomorrow in Tampa...but the best news of all....

I got a call from someone who used to work with us at my current mortgage banking institution, who is now a regional manager for another bank, along with our OLD regional manager from my current place. They are looking for strong people, and I am being recruited. I rushed home to add 2 new references (who I had to call right after lunch for their permission to throw them to the wolves) and add my current employment and "performance highlights" to my resume.

I'll call the recruiter on Monday, with new stuff in hand, ducks in a row, and an idea of what I'll accept as a starting salary. I'll have a 45 minute commute for the time being, but when our house is done...well, it will only be about half an hour away, which is not bad at all. Chickies, this could be opportunity knocking....keep your fingers crossed!

Now off to go load things up for the very short, but very productive weekend.