Old 10-08-2004, 11:30 PM   #46  
FullTime Domestic Goddess

You guys won't believe this! I walked 10,769 steps! Tonight, we visited this Maze, and it was solid walking. My miles total a little over 5 today. I know I won't do this every day, but I am glad I did it today!! It's about time I got this hiney in gear! LOL!

Artmaker - welcome!!!!
lisa girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 04:26 PM   #47  

A day late but I am back! LOL I didn't walk yesterday but today I jogged 1.8 miles..

WTG, Lisa!!!!

Total: 5.2 LOL

Last edited by dlzbth; 10-09-2004 at 04:29 PM.
dlzbth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 09:26 PM   #48  

Donna - 1.8 miles is terrific!!! Wow!! I've been doing this "jogging in place" thing to get my steps in..I look so dorky!! I keep thinking that every bit counts!

Alright - I am at 10,378 steps on my pedometer today. My legs are feeling sore from this extra use! I really, really like this walking challenge...it is encouraging me to be active at times I usually am not!!

I'll be back tomorrow!!!
Old 10-10-2004, 07:07 AM   #49  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

MOrning Ladies...

Yesterday was a busy busy day! We drove about 1.5 hours away to see a civil war re-enactment, which my cousin's husband was in...He's a "Confederate" in case anyone wants to know... It was at this old Cider Mill which has tons of property, most of it farm land. It was rather interesting! Anyway...I walked probably 1-2 miles there yesterday. I don't have pedometer yet, so I couldn't tell you for sure, but there was this area that looked to be about 1/4 mile long (based on my walks outdoors) and I walked it at least 6 times!!! And then just walking around there back and forth to the car a few times which had to be another 1/4 mile or more!!!

This all wasn't formal exercise and we sat in the car most of the day, but at least I got some movement in. I won't add it to my totals either because I am just doing cardio miles there. What is everyone else doing?

I know I'd be up to around 25 by now if I had a pedometer and logged all my steps, especially at work...<sighs>...but I don't!!! So I need to get this butt in gear!!

Everyone is doing just grand! Lisa! You are 1/4 way there!! Go chickie!!!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 02:18 PM   #50  

Julie......Confederate???????? Well that's the only thing TO BE!!! hee hee....couldn't resist teasing. Julie...get the pedometer..it's a terrific motivator. And, yes, I think we need to include all of our steps...not just the cardio ones. Because, even though we may not be getting aerobic benefits from the "regular steps", we are still burning extra calories...and in the long run..that counts! Maybe my totals are too high...cause I have included my daily walking miles in addition to my exercise ones! (((JULIE!!))

Donna - O.K. girlie...how many miles jogged today????? I can't wait to hear!! (((Donna!)))...Thank you so much for posting on the weekend! It helps me so much!!...you too Julie!
Old 10-10-2004, 04:41 PM   #51  

You asked for it you got it Lisa! I jogged 1.7 miles today. It was a beautiful moment for while I was jogging the BRAVES WERE WINNING!!!!! I have a total of 6.9 very close to 7.. hmmm I should of did another tenth!

Julie, I am actually a daughter of the confederacy. hee hee. Of course I married a darn yankee but he claims to be more southern than northern! LOL

Well, gotta cool down. I just had to post for Lisa. LOL

Bye!
Old 10-10-2004, 08:24 PM   #52  

Donna - WTG !! LOL @ the beautiful Braves moment. I'm glad SOMEONE here appreciates the Braves . Thank you , thank you, thank you for posting this weekend. It really helped me!! It's nice to have a "connection" on the weekends! (((Donna))) - keep that treadmill smoking!!!!

O.K., for today's totals for me: And, I SWEAR by these numbers...I have a witness!! I walked (as of 8:20) 14,062 steps, 10.5 miles, and burned 375 calories !! This was my entire day ! I did my exercise tonight, a combo of walking/light, light "jogging". I have been getting more steps in, because I am doing marching, etc., while folding clothes, washing dishes....my usual stuff. I can do this, cause no one but my family sees me! DH has made me feel so good...I heard hime bragging about my 10,000 steps goal. I could hear the pride in his voice. He has decided to get a pedometer for himself.

If only I hadn't eaten those muffins....the scale's gonna get me in the morning. You guys will probably have to console me!! LOL!!

Have a terrific evening!!!
Old 10-11-2004, 02:16 AM   #53  
Pending Email Confirmation

HI all "wave"

My knees are feeling much better now..... I got new drugs.... Bextra.... seems to be working very well, I just started them on Friday and I seem to be pain free..... This is great.

Unfortunately I don't having any mileage to report from Oct 5 - Oct 9 th. The pedometer I had until yesterday (when the back came off and the battery escaped somewhere) only measured distance travelled, so I'm only submitting miles done while exercising. I'm going to look around for one up here (Canada) that does steps so I can try to keep up with you guys.

Today - Oct 10 - I put in 10 miles (that's no typo). We(hubby & I) went on a marathon doggy walk around a local lake.... I have the blisters to proof it. I really was a bit too much (hills included) but I'm glad I did it. After dinner we went to the local pool to soak our weary bones in the hot tub, and I ended up swimming 24 lengths (25meter) on top of the miles walked today....

I think it will be a while before I have another 10 mile day..... Doggies only get the short version tomorrow.

Til next time...
squabb56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 11:15 AM   #54  

S/C/G: SW175/CW159/GW145

Default Off to a great start! Thanks for the inspiration!!!

Hi all! Thanks for the welcome. Had a great weekend, weather was beautiful all weekend and did two long walks plus running around trying to zen-ify my house (i.e., de-junking my house), for a total of 4.5 miles on Saturday, and 4.7 on Sunday. I even got in a 2 mile walk this morning before work, so I'm off and running...well, rather, fast walking. I was feeling so good about the exercise it even inspired me to start the South Beach Diet, which I stuck to it all weekend, except for 1 piece of dry toast last night at a dinner party. WHAHOO!!! You gals are an inspiration

Artmaker
artmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 12:18 PM   #55  

I am so not worthy of this thread. I am so excited about my almost 7 miles and Susan, Julie, Joy and Lisa are doing so much better! I am so jealous!!! Oh well, the important thing is that you all are doing so good and that I am improving myself also. You all are doing great and I will go over my 7 total today. I promise! LOL

{{hugs}}

Donna
Old 10-11-2004, 02:18 PM   #56  

Donna - You are DEFINITELY worthy of this thread. You are keeping me motivated! Hearing about your day helps me so much! Don't you DARE leave...LOL!! I was right...the scale got me this morning. Ouch! Those muffins..I told you they would get me!!

Joy - WTG!! You are doing great!! Like you, I have switched from Vioxx to Bextra. I miss my Vioxx. (even though it DID elevate my blood pressure). The Bextra doesn't help half as much! Although, I am so glad to hear you are doing well on it! That stuff is expensive...even with insurance!! Maybe if you can't find a pedometer..you could go online to search for one??

Susan - WTG for you too! You're doing fabulous!!

I'll update tonight with my totals. My legs are so sore from yesterday!!!!
Old 10-12-2004, 09:57 AM   #57  

well I have 8 miles done which isn't as much as I had hoped but under the circumstances this past week I am fine with it but that means that I have to step things up. I will post again tonight. Hopefully I have more then 1 mile done then.
gabwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 10:13 AM   #58  

S/C/G: SW175/CW159/GW145

Default possible slack day

Well today is going to be an unknown as I forgot to put my pedometer on, and as it was a weight lifting day I am not going to get my walking in. I thought I could walk tonight, but a friend invited me to go with her to the new indian museum in d.c., so other than the stop-go type walking, there is no way I am going to get my 10,000 steps in. Ah well, tomorrow is a new day. Hope everyone is doing well.

Artmaker

13.5 miles into the challenge
artmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 12:34 PM   #59  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

So this weekend I got in 9.6 miles total this weekend, with over half done Friday and Saturday. The past two days I didn't do much walking at all, and today there will be even less. Bleh. I really need to get my act together.
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 06:46 PM   #60  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Tuesday!

Got in 2.5 miles tonight after work! Did some TaiChi this morning (beginner's) and my UB routine as well as some LB exercises! Feeling MUCH better about things now that I am back on track with the exercise! I hate going more than a day without it!! Gotta go log my miles!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote