Old 09-08-2004, 12:30 PM   #46  
Living the Laguna life...

Hey guys!

Daily Question: How do you cope with slip-ups on your "diet"?
I deal with my little mistakes by excercising more and eating really well the rest of the day. Sometimes I wish I weren't so fixated by what I eat...my biggest downfall is when I eat healthy all day and blow one big thing, like eating too much at a restaurant or ordering dessert. Sometimes these things can ruin my whole day!!

For example, yesterday I was so excited to join the challenge...until I went home and had ice cream for dessert! I felt so icky! I am working really hard to try to stop eating when I am not hungry and subsituting healthy alternatives. Phew, I hope today is better!
miss michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 12:34 PM   #47  

Default Ice Cream

I have gotten addicted to ice cream...but what I figured out I really like are the toppings...especially nuts.

If you HAVE to have ice cream, just put a small scoop on a cone. OR use a very small dish.

I've decided to just take a tablespoon of nuts and eat them SLOWLY instead of ice cream.

I'm giving up ice cream and french fries...my two biggest woes for sure.

Birdiegirl
Birdiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 12:51 PM   #48  
FullTime Domestic Goddess

I just typed the biggest post...I made a comment to everyone - it took me forever, and then it just went *poof*! Grrr......I'm sorry!! Otherwise, I am having a great day, I'm eating OP and I have been super active, although no formal exercise yet. My plan is to do the WATP -3 mile!! Today was my "Wal-Mart groceries" day, and that has worn me out!!

My kids are demanding me now...I am going to take care of them, and then I will be back to hopefully update!!
lisa girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 12:59 PM   #49  

I hope no one will be upset if I don't address you all at first till I get familiar with how this will go.

I am Donna and I joined the challenge yesterday but did not have my beginning weigh in or a plan in hand yesterday. Today, I have the starting weight of 150 and want to get back where I was last March and that was at 138. I had lost 30 pounds doing WW online and quit it right after reaching my goal and that is when I got relaxed and let this weight not so slowly creep back on me. I think that I am going to re-join the WW online or go to the meetings. But I am getting my mind-set back on track and realize now that I must ALWAYS stay on plan even once I reach my goal.. AGAIN!

Daily Question of "how do you handle slipups?" The answer from me is it depended on my frame of mind. Sometimes I beat myself up for it and feel really low and other times I realize it's normal and that tomorrow is another day. When I slip up and I did say when I do ( )I have had this site to give me that encouragment that's it's OK and I will be OK. It's not the end of the line or my chances to succeed.

Have a good day! Thanks for this thread and challenge, Jennifer!

Donna
dlzbth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 01:14 PM   #50  
No description available.

Hey all!
I am excited to join this challenge. I started at 204 in mid-July and went down to 187 by the end of August by cutting out fast food, increasing water, watching calories through portion control, and running 4-5 times a week. This last week I have had fast food 3 times and have only exercised once. Time to get back on plan! My goal is to be in the low 170s by Halloween!

Soooo...my objectives:
1) 64 oz of water a day
2) Aim for 1600-1800 cal per day
3) Exercise for 30 minutes at least every other day
4) Limit fast food to once every 2 weeks

I love Fall and Halloween! What a great challenge!
Jen
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 01:26 PM   #51  

Height: 5 foot

Ok.. I'm here!!! DUH!!! Of course I don't have much time... but I will just make this short for now! I want to lose 10 lbs... (that's including the 5 or so I gained back) I need to exercise everyday! I don't care if I have to only do 30 minutes a day... it has to be something! I need to stay on plan. I'm trying out The Core plan right now... (bootlegged version) And I need to work on getting my time together! My downfall right now is my time and scheduling which is way off! So... there's my goals... and I'll be back!
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 01:38 PM   #52  
FullTime Domestic Goddess

Alright, Jaymi, tell me about this Core thing!! I am really curious!

Let me jump in here again really quickly - I was not finished earlier!!

I weighed in Mon. at 164, and I would ideally like to be around 140! For the challenge I would like to lose at least 10 pounds! A little more would be fabulous!!!

As for the Daily Question: When I am in a good "mind set", I deal with slip ups by increasing my water and exercise, along with "starting over" right that minute! I remind myself that I am not perfect and that I don't have to eat perfectly all the time - just a majority of the time eat sensibly and on plan. I avoid having major slip ups by trying to choose a "plan" that fits me and that doesn't feel too restrictive for me. Weight Watchers works well for me...I work in some foods that I really enjoy, while I get in lots of healthy stuff. I feel like I am in control on that plan!!

I need to work on drinking my water...I need to go get a glass right now!!! I am so proud of everyone....I like hearing all the positive attitudes and great plans. My birthday is in October, and if I have met my goal for then, I am going to plan a night away for DH and me....the outdoors are so pretty that time of year!! I really want to do this, and I am really motivated.

Blessings and good wishes to you all!!!

Lisa

Last edited by lisa girl; 09-08-2004 at 01:46 PM.
lisa girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 01:41 PM   #53  
LucyKitty

Jennifer -- yep, PM worked, as did the links! I've got a bunch of rad ideas. Don't let anybody walk into the gutter! YIKES! At least you didn't get hit by one of the rogue tornadoes around there!!

Julie - You're right. That -was- Lisa! Ack! *hug* Well, so what? You still rock and I'm still proud of ya.

Lisa - Thank YOU for that awesome recipe! My husband eats green things!!

Jay - YAY! *hug* I'm glad you survived, too! From what I hear, you guys got it (are still getting it) pretty badly down there! Let's kick that 10 lb goal to the curb and hit 20, huh? We can do it! WOOT!

Everybody else - Hi! I have to go to work, so this is uber-quick!

I feel like ickiness, got a bug of some sort. Didn't work out -- did 200 situps, though. Does that count? And I'll be on my feet from 1:15 until around 10pm, so that HAS to count as a workout, right?

Finally the temps are becoming acceptable here, and the rain is supposed to move back in over the weekend. About time!! Maybe those of us in the drought-ridden NW can take on some of that massive rainfall for you east-coasters? I'd be happy to!!

Food today = sucking a bit. Breakfast was nothing healthy at all, just what had some taste to it (everything tastes like cardboard), and dinner will be a nice salad tonight. At least there's that.

Time to head off to take a quick shower & try to find something to wear to work today. Hope you guys are all having an awesome day, and I'll check everybody later!
lameducklucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 01:49 PM   #54  

Default Great Job Midwife!

You are doing great! You took your break, now get back at it!!

Birdiegirl
Birdiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 01:54 PM   #55  

Heya is it too late to join the challenge?

I'm 20 and a final year student in England. It's still my summer hols and I'm working in an office.

I'd like to lose 10lb in the 8 weeks although I'd be happy with a bit less so long as I can get under 140lb. I lost 19lb but I've gone up 6 again after my holidays (3 weeks in France eating cheese)

So I need the motivation to get back on track. I got home on Thursday and have been quite good since then apart from Monday when I drank three cocktails. I'm tracking calories on fitday and walking 5.4 miles a day. I'll be back doing tae bo at uni but there's no room at home.

Looking forward to getting to know you lot!

Dill
dilleight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 03:18 PM   #56  
"workin' on my fitness"

Height: 5'10"

Thumbs up Holy Poop!!! I go to work, and look what happens! :D

Wow! Ok, I just have to say what an amazing turnout we have for this challenge. I'm so glad you're all a part of this, and I hope to see you all for the last 2 challenges of the year (Thanksgiving, and then to New Years Eve!) Not that I'm planning ahead or anything....rights?

Aquareggie- I swear, this commenting is going to be like having a part time job! You'll have to set your alarm about 3 hours earlier

Sparked- I'm going to hold you to that exercise! I've got to get mine in tonight after work. I'll check in on you- you're committed now! And don't worry aboutslipping up, I think we've got 15 or 20 wonderful chickies who will all help you back up.

CD- Welcome! I'm glad Elisha suggested you come join us- and friend of Elisha's is a friend of ours! Make yourself at home- you'll recognize Julie & Jaymi, I think! And way to go on the 4 miles! I love the WATP tapes- even though Leslie can get annoying when you've done the same tape for the 10th time in a week....you just want to put her on mute. I think I can quote most of the dialogue, and that's pretty scary!

NLuv- Welcome to the group! I hear ya on being the biggest- as long as I was smaller than my mother, I didn't really think about it. The day I was giving her my clothes that were too small...well, that was a wake up call, for sure! Not being critical, but just concerend- are you sure that 1000 calories is going to be enough? I don't know how tall you are, or your current size, but typically they say 1200 calories a day is barely enough to keep you out of fat-storage mode.

Drazen- Ok, I'll have to spill more beans. I went to Pocono Mountain High School, and East Stroudsburg University, and worked in the Stroud Mall, as well as the Holiday Inn at exit 46N off Route 80- right outside of Bartonsville/Stroudsburg. Funny what a small world this really is!

Birdie- Welcome! Good to have you with us! I tell ya, marriage is bad on the waistline, for sure. Hubby is italian and makes the most wonderful sauce...and in his family, food=love, and I must be the most loved person on the face of the planet. Oh, man...french fries...that's my downfall...especially McD ones...mmmm....

Donna- it will take a few days to get into the swing of things- and we've had such a great response- respond when you can, and don't worry, I don't think anyone will feel left out. I'm trying my hardest to keep notes for myself, but I'm bound to miss something along the way.

Midwife/Jen- Welcome to the group! Your objectives look great...very doable. Fall is my favorite time of the year- I miss the change of seasons where I am, so I have to fake it. I've got some great autumn leaves window clings that I stick up in my office, too. LOL. Love the crisp weather & the smells of fall!

Lisa- I have to bribe myself with the water- I can't even peek in here in the morning until I finish my first 24oz of water. I've found myself chugging it to be able to post- how bad it that??? LOL.

Jaymi- Glad you found your way here. Took ya long enough How are the kids, and how is the Core? Share some thoughts- is this more doable than counting points & flexpoints & all that?

Dill- Welcome! It's never too late to join us! Always more room in the group Mmmmm-cheese- yeah, that'll put the pounds back on, but it is sooo good! If you have limited space, maybe the Walk Away the Pounds videos might be a good idea- you can do it in just a few feet of space, and they are great. The 5+ miles walk, awesome! You'll have those 6 pounds gone again in no time.

Ok, just checking in here, while I have a cleared off desk. Our boss brought in pizza for lunch- can you believe that? I gracefully ducked out to stop at the eyeglass place & get one of the nose-pads on mine replaced, so the vultures here could chow down & I wouldn't be around to see it. When I got back, everything was cold & picked over, and I nuked my whole wheat pasta & meatballs & ate at my desk. Yes!!!! Disaster averted.

I've got to refill my glass of water, and sip that for the next hour and a half. When I get home, I'll do my WATP- I committed myself to 2 miles- thanks Lisa, you pain in the butt. LOL. You better match me, if I'm going to do that & then clean the house.

Hope everyone is having a great afternoon. Gotta go get my journal entry written for the day!
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 04:16 PM   #57  

Well done avoiding the pizza. I managed only to eat one of my thin friend's chocolates at work but I ate too much naan at dinner. Personally I find the best way to deal with slip ups is to go and record the calories, I have to stop myself writing the day off and instead try not to make it worse. Usually my weekly average is still pretty good.
dilleight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 04:28 PM   #58  
Determined

Jennifer - I muted her after the first time sadly! I couldn't take her "casual" talk in the 1mile tape, I knew I'd probably get bored beyond belief with 30mins of that! Plus the music can be a little slow. I just mute the tape and play my own workout music
cdtobehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 04:52 PM   #59  
"workin' on my fitness"

Height: 5'10"

Dill, I hate when there's goodies around at the office. Someone here at the office keeps filling up a jar I have in my office- I always put stuff in there that I don't like, but then, suddenly, chocolate and other good stuff shows up. I have some sugar free candies in my desk for PMS emergencies, and try to stick to that. Hah- in PMS mode, it's all fair game, unfortunately!

CD- I find the only tapes that I can really leave without muting is the 4 mile express, or the 3 mile express....thankfully in those we don't hear about Linda being a grandma, and Randy, and the other ones....Heck, I think I know their bios better than their family.

Heading home now...time to go home, and get sweaty!
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 04:54 PM   #60  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLuvwithJesus
I would love to join your Halloween challenge. I weighed myself this morning and weighed in at 172.5. I have 2 sisters and at 42 I'm the oldest. I guess you could say that at one time we were 3 fat chicks. lol . The middle sister has lost all of her weight. A size 0 is baggy on her. I don't want to be this small. I really don't think this is healthy or attractive. Now my baby sister is 3 pounds smaller than me. She's lost 27 pounds. Now this makes me feel very uncomfortable. lol I'm happy for her but I don't want to be the heaviest woman in the family. It's weird but I took comfort in knowing that she was bigger than me. I'm just awful So, I'm determined to buckle under and do this thing. I challenge myself to drink more water, and exercise everyday and eat no more than 1000 calories a day.

LOL! I have 4 sisters and all but one is overweight. My sister who is one year younger than me (I'm 43!) has always been thinner/smaller than me but now...we are about the same weight (around 170) and my little sister (she's the youngest and the smallest) told me that THAT sister now looks much heavier than me. She saw her recently on a vacation, but I haven't seen her in a year or so! Anyway...we are BOTH working hard to get down to 165...and have a little contest going on! I'm hoping I win, of course!!!!

1000 calories is not a lot! Good luck, though!

Julie
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote