Old 06-06-2004, 01:11 AM   #46  
CAcritter

Default Y\ired, tired, tired!

Up at 7am to get breakfast for my 17 yo who took the SAT II (math and chem), wish her luck as she walked out the door, then off to wake the other four. Two needed to get ready to leave with me and the youngest needed to get ready for the last soccer game of the spring. Leave with two to set up for the car wash stayed with them until ten. Then it's time to check at the soccer game, bring the goody bags, and party material for the picnic right after for the trophy stuff. stick around till half time and dash off to get the pizzas - missed my son's goal...grrrr - then picninc time (they won!). cleaned up after the party and then ran back and finished off the last 3 hours of the car wash. Got sunburned - yuk! you would think 48spf was sufficent.

made my hubby take us out to dinner - i ate too much - too tired for will power i guess.

no excerise today - well at least offically. but somehow i'm exhusted.

catch ya all tomorrow - I for bed,
ann
CAcritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 04:12 AM   #47  
Onward and downward!

Red face Fell off the wagon...want to get back on!

Hi Everyone!
I haven't posted in a while, have not been able to get to my computer on a regular basis for some time. So glad to see a new challenge, and I would love to join.
I have been struggling for about 6 weeks now to stick to my eating and exercise plan. It started when I weighed myself for the first time in a couple of months, only to find I had not lost any weight . I was very disappointed by this, I had been eating healthy and exercising, but I felt cheated when I stepped on the scales. Also, I have not noticed a huge difference in how my clothes fit.
I have come to the conclusion that I need to be careful with my portion sizes. I have stated before that keeping a food journal and measuring food is not the way for me to go, but I think I'll have to try it for a while, and see if the weight starts to budge.
So, my challenge for June is to keep a food diary and control my portion sizes, without letting the food diary enforce the "I'm on a diet" mentality!
Lucia
Lucia-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 08:39 PM   #48  
restarting soon

S/C/G: 222/222/150

Height: 5'4 1/2

Soooo...why did God invent weekends?????? I always seem to break down and make not so good choices. Saturday, I started with a slim fast meal on the go bar. Then we went to a little diner, and had the chicken fried steak special(a piece of meat, maybe 4 oz, mashed taters, spinach, and navy beans) so was still feeling decent..didn't go overboard. Then we had to go to home depot and they sell those darned hot dogs, and I had to get one, because it smelled sooo good. Then we got together with friends, and went to Razoos(cajun) and I had stuffed shrimp(stuffed with somesort of crab stuff) and ate until I was a little past full. Then I drank. Too much. Blech.....
Today, breakfast was on the run, a bacon croissant, and lunch was a hamburger at Whataburger. NO idea what dinner is gonna be, maybe just a slim fast.

The good news is we spent the weekend working on MIL's house, worked up some definate sweat(it's like 90 degrees out and very humid!) cleaning the pool and mowing the yard. So, back to the plan tomorrow, I am sure that my week is going to be great. I'm going to take a walk 4 days out of 5 this week(my minigoal for the week)

Hope you all did better than I!!

Lenna
watersgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 01:59 PM   #49  

Height: 5 foot

HI EVERYONE!

BACK FROM ****!!!

Well I'm back from TX, 7 lbs lighter, and I dont even know how that is. I didnt get to exercise not even one day and I didnt eat like I was supposed to. Many days I had happy meals or even cooked food, and many days I had nothing at all. I guess because I kept busy from 6 am to 1 or 2 am helped with the exercise thing. I probably sat down for a total of 5 hrs the whole 9 days I was there. So anyway I guess I'll save my ranting for another day...

Well I dont think I've posted my challenge goals yet so here I go:

Daily Goals

1. Exercise twice Daily
2. Write down calories and food in journal everyday
3. Try to keep a positive attitude
4. Drink at least 8 cups of water daily

Weekly Goals
1. Lose 2-3 lbs
2. Try to do something for myself at least once other than exercise

Challenge Goals
1. Lose 10 lbs for the month
2. Try to add more exercises or add different exercises
3. Try to cut down on TV dinners and cook more
4. Try to exercise outside more and get some sun!
5. Get back to my positive attitude, and continue to try to be a better wife, mother, and person.

Today I am at least aiming for a 3 pt day, since I didnt get to sleep until 3 am, when the alarm went off at 6 to exercise I must of not heard it and my hubby cut it off, so now everything is off balance. 2 pts for Staying on program, 1 pt for exercising, 1 pt for water All I know is when I do everything I get all of my pts!! I cant exercise while my daughter is awake, and since she woke up later than usual that means her nap will be even later and who knows what kind of exercises I will end of trying to do. Right now she is quiet looking at Dora, but duh, she has the TV and I cant exercise in my room, our bed is too big, so that sucks. But I guess my mission for today is to get back on track, and make 4 pts for the rest of the week.

I'm one lb away from my first goal of 145, I cant believe it!!! But the thing is, I've went from a 40DD to a 36 D...!! What gives?!?! I'd rather my butt and thighs disappear instead!! I needed the fat in my breasts to stop them from looking like dried up prunes like the do now!!! SUCKS!!!! But oh well, I guess I'll make a new goal of 125 or 130. My height should go along with like 115 or 120 but that is NOT!! Going to happen! I know that, my body was never made to be that small, and when I did weigh that much I was shorter. But last time, my breasts didnt shrink so much....I dont get it.

Anyways, I'd like to get into at least a size 9 jeans, because it is soooo hard to find a 13/14. And is it just me but am I the only person who hates that store in the mall named "5, 7, 9"?
Ok they had sizes 00, 1, 3 but nothing over 9!!! I could have blown that store up!! But anyway I will try to comment on you all, but my computer Sucks!!!

Lenna- Hi! Nice to meet you, It's always hard to make good choices, even when it's not the weekends!!! I've made the wrong choices the whole week and a half, but you just gotta keep trying I guess....You'll get the hang of it....but doesnt it suck when you go out to eat and have to pay 10 bucks for a lousy salad?!? I would have ordered the same as you, and most restaurants dont have fat free dressing so you end up eating as many calories and regular food anyway!! So its not that bad!!

Lucia- Nice to meet ya! Good luck on your new goals, journaling works for me! I took it with me to TX but only wrote in it about 2 or 3 days. But it helps me to know what's going in and out of my body.

CACritter- Nice to meet you, Ann! Good luck on your goals!! Looks like your doing great!

Elisha- Sounds like youre being a little hard on yourself, no one can do it all!! Sometimes we all eat too much or less, and we exercise sometimes and sometimes not, but you are at least trying and that's what matter, things will get easier soon! Keep it up!!

Julie- You know, this can turn into kind of a inside joke between us!!! Because should I say way to go!! or should I say, dont be so hard on yourself, or should I say uhh...... I truly hope that our little "thingy" that happened last time wasnt offensive to you in anyway, I didnt mean anything by it, but now I find it funny because I really dont want you to come though the computer and beat me up!!! But, I bet that would burn like 5,000 calories!! Nah, but now I know how you feel, and I like to read your posts, they are realistic, and unlike me when I want to type what's on my mind, I dont all the time because I dont want to come off as negative, but It's better to just get it all out!!

Maggi- Congrats on meeting your mini goal!!! and especially on the 2 lbs...YAY!!

Lucy- Wow at your calves!!!! But have you tried the boots that are made for big women? Although they arent as cute sometimes!! Boy, I havent talked with you in a while, but you are doing awesome!!! I'm so proud of you!!!! I hope everything keeps going great, dont let anything else get you down. By the way, what kind of exercises do you do for your lower body?

Everyone else, If I've missed you I'm sorry, there's so much to catch up on, I'd rather just start from here!!

I know that I may not weigh as much as some of you or have as much to lose, but I still struggle as much as anyone else. It's a fight every single day and will be for the rest of my life. I'm 5'0 tall, so people dont realize that 150 or even 145 lbs isnt small on me like some people would think. Alot of people heavier than me says, your not fat and I wish I were your'e size, and yes I've done the same to others when I was at my highest, but I have met people who are the same weight as I am now who wears size 5 or 6, I'm barely fitting into some 13/14. Plus I have to deal with my hubby who seems to be amused all of a sudden with talking about fat people, almost like before I've lost weight he didnt say anything because he might offend me, but now he can let if all hang out. NOT!! I have two obese parents and I get offended when anyone says anything about being overweight. Besides the fact that both of his parents are overweight too, he doesnt seem to think it'll happen to him, or he says oh well If I get big then I get big?!? GRRR, he's maybe 165 soaking wet, which is skinny for a man. I put him in line everytime, I dont make fun of anyone, fat,skinny, black, white, whatever, and I dont want my kids hearing such things and thinking it's kool....ok..where did that come from?!?! Anyway, I just wanna be taken seriously that's all, not that you all arent, but I'm just saying period!!!

Well, I gotta try to get up off my butt and do something.... Will talk with everyone later!

Jay

Last edited by Jaymi_Dol_78; 06-07-2004 at 02:12 PM.
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 02:20 PM   #50  
LucyKitty

Jaymi - Hon, I understand how it is when you're short. I'm an inch taller than you and currently at 180.3. I HATE IT. I've noticed a lot of changes in my body and all, but I still fit into a 14/15 and not a 12/13, ya know? *hug* I totally hear you. Almost all of my femme friends are a size 7 or smaller (most are =way= smaller) and it makes me feel horrible because I feel like the giant one, when in reality, if you put me up next to them, I'm not that much bigger. It kinda sucks. There comes a day when all of a sudden, you just don't give a flying crap anymore and you just say "Ya know what? I don't care. At least I have curves and I don't have to bend all funny to make myself look sexy. I AM that way naturally AND THAT ROCKS!" I love my curves to death, now, and I used to hate them. You and I are blessed in that way, whereas taller chicks or really-slim-build chicks don't EVER get the curves, no matter what they do!! *hug* You cheer up and get your butt to working out, my dear.

Oh BTW for the lower body... I do 20 min a day on the ellipitical (which is awesome for the legs), I do 30 squats, and that's about it. I just have naturally massive legs of muscle.

Other than that.... same ol' same ol' here. No change in weight, but MASSIVE amounts of cellulite have dropped off of the back of my thighs. *happy dance* WOOO!!! FINALLY, a victory for me. I'm happy about that.

I seriously need my stomach to just go away right now. It's not even that big but I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATEHATEHATEHATEHATEEEEEEEEEEEEEE the ugly green stupid dress I have to wear. It is in no way flattering, and the cut is just all wrong. It's way too low-cut for me, sucks in way too much at the butt (so if you have a butt, too bad, you look like an IDIOT), and just looks bad altogether. I hate it. I am just going to end up taping mys tomach down or something before the stupid wedding so I can look halfway decent. Blech. I'm mad about this.

Other than that things are going well. More tornadoes, driving me nuts... ach!
A better update later, honest.

Last edited by lameducklucy; 06-07-2004 at 02:22 PM.
lameducklucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 02:30 PM   #51  
"workin' on my fitness"

Height: 5'10"

Afternoon, chickies- this is going to be a busy week! :S

Have the appraisal to deal with, plus still waiting on the commitment on our refinance. Underwriting is taking FOREVER, or so it seems, since this was started back on May 25. Sigh.

This week will be a MAJOR LEAGUE NO TIME TO MYSELF week....time to get as much stuff as possible into storage, to clear out the house, and try to get the inside totally spiffy. Sheesh!

Ok, now it's taken me 3 hours to get this typed between calls, etc....It's going to be pretty crazy around here.

Hugs to you all- I'll check in soon.
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 02:43 PM   #52  
restarting soon

S/C/G: 222/222/150

Height: 5'4 1/2

Hi Jay! Nice to meet you too!! Where in TX did you go? I live in Fort Worth, hope you weren't where all the storms were!!

Ehhh..just another lazy day, I think being in the sun all day just sapped all of my energy...Soo, I'm going to try to walk on one or two of my breaks at work, to make up for me being soooo lazy all day!!!! So far doing good eating, slim fast, slim fast, and some veggie fried rice

By the way, I am 5ft4, not quite as short as some, but definately not winning any height contests. And I'm in a DDD ... so that is the only reason I don't feel soooo bad weighing so much, because they still stick out farther than my stomach!! ..Although I have to admit, I would love to have my single D's back, of course I'd also like to be a size 8...but we'll see. Has anyone ever noticed how small a size 12 looks?? I found a pair of jeans the other day(we're packing) and sheesh..I couldn't believe how small that is! Can't wait to slip those puppy's on~~!

Later,
Lenna
watersgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 03:14 PM   #53  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Monday Woes (sorry so long!)

LOL! OK chickies, let's get right to business here! Confession time~!
I have not stayed on my food plan AT ALL this weekend, eating pretty much whatever I wanted, but trying like heck to stay away from those blasted trigger foods! It doesn't help that I got 2 quarts of Healthy Choice ice cream on Friday! I've eaten most of one of them already...pretty much by myself! My food plan is non-existent! Really! I haven't sat down to write out what I'm GOING to have, let alone what I HAVE eaten! <SIGH!>

BUT...on the other hand, exercise has been awesome! I haven't done any "formal" exercise since Friday, but yesterday afternoon I spent about 4 hours digging and bending and lifting weeds from my garden (remember that 20 x 4 ft plot in my flower garden I wanted to get done before hubby came home??). Before I knew it, it was 6:45 and I was hungry and thirsty and ready to take a shower. I was pretty gross looking (and smelling) Eeeeuww! But I got it done! Everything is where I want it, Iris and other misc. flowers thinned out.

Today I finished up by putting the rest of the mulch we had down, but ran out! Hubby is going to have to get some more to finish about 5 more feet! Drat! And I still have to dump the trailer which is full of all the debris! I think I'm going to see if hubby will do that for me! He has a special pile he puts that stuff in and I am a sight when I try to back up the trailer!!! Years of practice has not perfected that feat!!! LOL! So another 1&1/2 hours of hard work completed! It will feel good when the yard is done and I don't have to worry about much until Fall. I still have some Dahlias to plant (I know a little late) but will wait until later today to do that! It won't take long! My neighbor has some beautiful ones, but these are a little smaller, I think! Oh, and today I also planted a raspberry bush (which has berries on it already-Yum!) and a blueberry (stick) bush which may or may not grow! It was pretty dried up but still had roots in it!

That's about the extent of my day other than running DD to the allergist for her appt. Poor thing...they are going to put her on a steroid for 7 days to try to get rid of the horrible eczema she has. They said it will clear her skin right up (and side effects include weight gain and possible irritability--GREAT!!) I'll beleive it when I see it! They said that about the Elidel cream! And they gave me another anitbiotic for her because there are a couple of areas that she picks at that look infected! I hate antibiotiocs, but if it will get rid of this skin problem for her, I'll do it! She's such a tough kid and never complains about it! Ick!

The good news with the last few days is that I stepped on the scale and I haven't gained (haven't lost, either...) so that makes me happy! My goal was 2# by Tuesday, so I still have one more day to see! And I will be weighing on the scale at work tomorrow.

Jaymi...glad to see you back! Wow! 7lbs in 10 days! Have you been drinking your water, chickie??? Maybe some of that is water loss, too! Hmmm! I hope you didn't put yourself into "starvation Mode" with the no eating. That is not good for you, you know! Gotta feed that body the fuel itneeds to keep going, especially with all that exercise. Sounds like you are glad to be home. Oh, and don't worry about our little "thingy"...I'm pretty sure it was PMS at it's ugliest for me! I was super sensitive last week to pretty much EVERYONE!!!

Lucy...before you know it, that wedding will be here and gone and no more ugly green dress and you can stop obsessing about the stupid dress, ok??? LOL!!! We love ya just the way you are but Iknow what you mean! I don't understand these brides who have to have their bridesmaids suffer the anguish of being in their wedding not to mention wearing those hideous dresses! Glad you are doing well today! I want the cellulite to melt off my thighs and legs, too. Wish I had an elliptical! Biking and WATP is going to have to do it for now!

Jennifer...Another week from ****, huh? Well, I wish you luck my friend. Try to stay the course and remember WHY you are doing this! Know we are here rooting for ya and still...looking up to you (my hero)!!!! Hugs!

Lenna...Sorry about your weekend falling apart! I have found that the key to weekends is to plan the meals just like you do during the week! If I have some place to go, I plan on it! That way, I can be accountable. Of course, if you read the above, you will know that I am just lip service right now!! Good luck on your walking this week. My plan is WATP 4 days this week and a bike ride one day (maybe today!) Maybe we can keep each other on the straight and narrow! BTW...I am 5'2" (we need to form a "short person's group"- )

Lucia...nice to have you back with us! I hear you on the scale! As much as we hate it, it sure keeps us accountable! Just a tool for us to use in this journey...same as any other tool, like journalling! I wish you luck this month on keeping to your journalling. When I was journalling my food here every day, I was losing...if that helps!

Ann...honey, your day makes my head spin! How do you do it???? 5 kids would make me crazy, but you seem to manage just fine! Sorry you missed your son's goal! We just can't be all places all the time, can we? I hope your summer slows down a bit! This end of the year party/picnic stuff is for the birds! Graduations parties, school parties/picinics/birthday parties! it's enough to break a person let alone drive them crazy!!! LOL Hang on! We're here for ya!

Elisha--Good luck on finding just the right job! I know you will. Life is about being happy and if you aren't happy doing what you do, then by all means, it's time to find something else! Way to go on being able to eat only ONE mini snickers. If they were in my house, I'd eat the whole bag...not at once, but eventually! That's willpower, girl!

Maggi...Great to hear you got back on that treadmill and that it was "easier" than you thought it would be! Yea for you!!! And way to go on the 2lbs down!!!!! That is just great! You are doing so awesome, chickie!

Well, this entry is long enough! I have lots more to write, but don't have time or energy to do that right now, so will save for later!

Hugs to all and thanks for the kind words!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 10:15 AM   #54  
lakester

Default Ready for the new challenge!

Hi-dee-ho Ladies!
I am back and ready to join this challenge! I haven't been bad exactly just not as good as I should be. Water has been way off and that will have to be a major part of my goal this time, also exercise, why is it so hard to motivate myself to workout? yikes! Anyway my goals for this challenge are:

stay on plan (1200 - 1300 calories per day)
drink at least 64 oz of water per day
exercise at least 4 days per week
keep up journal

I feel woefully behind in keeping up my journal so that will be another "must do" this month. I will measure today to get my starting inches and weight!
Wish me luck!

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back. Flew back to Wisconsin so I could drive back to Tennessee with my daughter. She has decided to spend the summer with us, yeah! She is looking for work at the moment, we dropped off four applications yesterday and she has done four more on-line. Say a prayer she finds something soon. It is lonely here for her, she doesn't know anyone but my hubby and I, no one her own age. She is doing good right now but it has even been a week yet, there are a lot of hours in a day when you don't have anything to do.

I will check in weekly if I can't daily so good luck to everyone!
lakester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 02:45 PM   #55  
LucyKitty

Okay.... WOOOOOOO I feel SO GOOD. The day has started out in a semi-icky way with me finding that 2 of my tapes are almost 20 minutes *whine* but I'll handle it. I worked out a lot, and all of a sudden today, I could -really- feel the squats I did. SCORE. That means it's working and I'm breaking new ground on muscle growth. I FREAKING ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Food -
B - 2 rice cakes w/ peanut butter (250 cal)
L - salad w/ a little light dressing (50 cal)
D - Bowl of homemade chili (no idea cal). I know this is higher in calories and whatnot, but it's chock full of super-lean grnd beef and chili beans, plus spiciness, so it's all good. I may also make some biscuits to go with it.

My calories ought to be pretty low, today. I plan on having popcorn as well.

Workout was 30 min on the ellipitical (oooh jello legs I love thee!), 30 squats, 5 min upper body workout, 250 situps (my back is killing me), and will also involve about 2 hrs of mad cleaning this afternoon as I fold all the laundry (blankets, towels, all of my husbands millions of darn clothes, my six pairs of socks haha), vacuum, cook dinner, re-decorate a bunch of stuff and do many more things.

I'm going to drag my husband out for a walk tonight, now that the psycho weather appears to have gone away for a few days. It's beautiful, at least 75 outside, and it smells like fresh cut grass and nag champa. WOOT!! (Yeah, we're kind of hippies)

Anyway, gonna do my tapes ASAP and get on with the day. Hope everybody is feeling awesome and keeping up the great work!! YOU CHICKIES RULE!
Old 06-08-2004, 04:31 PM   #56  

Height: 5 foot

Hi all!

Nothing too much over here but trying to get the baby to take her nap. It's a long way from 11:30!! Her schedule is all off!! I will have to try and get her back on by waking her up at 7:30 or 8 am. Anyway, I did my Denise Austin this morning for 60 minutes, but I didnt eat breakfast and ended up eating Taco bell. But I had two soft chicken tacos fresco style that ended up in 340 calories. Pretty bad considering that's all I had so far!! But oh well, hopefully I'll get more food down and get on the treadmill. I might have to do WATP for 25 minutes If I dont have time. My sis wants to go to the pool, but It's my TOM, but hers is coming?!? I dont have a swim suit or anything, and I dont want to go with just me and the kids. Without no help, I hate it!!! But my hubby can only watch the baby on Sat or Sun. So oh well, I'll figure it out. There's time anyway. Well let me try and comment.....

Lucy- You are still soo lucky!! When I was 180 I was in about a 18 or even some 20's!! My butt is just way too big!! But I have a waist line. Now my sister is only a couple lbs less then me, but she wears a 9, and I've given her my bras now because I now have (2 balloons with the air let out), or at least that is what they look like! She is in a size 9, she tries to wear 7's but they are skin tight. I dont even think anyone realized how big she had gotten until I got home. She's not fat, but she has no waistline and a big tummy. Her boobs are bigger too, and she insists on trying to buy medium shirts.....I try to tell her she needs larger but she doesnt listen. I'm not trying to hurt her feelings, but her shirts be too tight! Now she's only an inch taller too. Boy an inch makes a lot of difference huh?!? Anyway you sound great.... SITUPS?!? Are you talking "real" situps or crunches girl?!? I can do about 500 crunches a day, but not real situps, maybe 20!

Lakester- Welcome back!!! Hope everything gets easier for your daughter, hey it's hard to find friends. Even when you find people your age, they dont always make good friends.

Hikein- I think that you've been so busy that the icecream and everything else hasnt affected ya!! Dang, that's a lot of calories burned!! Glad to hear your exercising has been excellent, wish I could say the same!! I was drinking a lot of water, plus when I hit the outdoors the sweat came pouring off, I'd have to say it was pretty embarrasing, and not very feminine, but what the h**l. I didnt exactly do starvation mode, just not hardly eating alot, but I think that some days I might have ate too few and others I ate too many and it just weighed itself out. It wasnt intentional, I was just super busy and ate when i could. So if I went to someone's house and they had gumbo with shrimps and sausage, I just ate it!

Watersgirl- I'm from Port Arthur, I dont know if you ever heard of it, but it's probably 3 hrs away from you! No storms that way, just some rain. Man, I wouldnt mind smaller boobs if they didnt look deflated like old grannie boobs!! That's what I hate!!! A size 12 is small, the 13/14 I can barely fit into, some fit ok, some are way too tight, but they 13/14 big sizes. An 11/12 is a far far time away!! How much do you have to lose? You've probably already said, but I thought I'd ask instead of look for it. My computer sucks and it takes too long!!

Well I think I've gotten everyone, I gotta go, I've gotten the baby sleep but I have a massive headache.... Why is it that I always get them at the "end" of my Tom??? Hope you all have a great day!
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 08:09 PM   #57  
LucyKitty

Jaymi - heh, yeah... when i was a size 9, nobody believed I wore a size that big. I've got a really small frame and what my mom calls 'delicate' features -- tiny hands, small wrists, etc. I'm always bony, too. My hips stick out mass far -- the joys of being Irish. I do love it, though. I have those curves w/o any work, and jeans look darn good on me all the time!! I have a giant butt, too. I'm telling you, girlie, squats. I've been doing 30 a day for the past month or so, and it's shrunk considerably, but still has the good round perfect shape to it, so that's cool. I'm lucky enough to have 'end table butt' as well, if you know what I mean. I LOVE that!! The reason I weigh so much more is my muscle mass -- I'm really muscular, so I weigh more. When I was my skinniest, I'd stopped working out and just sat around most of the time and never slept or ate (my one unhealthy year), and I was down at 125 and in a size 11. It just depends on how you're built. I wish I had ANY chest. I have to wear that strapless dress and it's got a giant area to fill in -- WHY can't I fill it out?! I say go swimming and relax -- let soembody else watch the kids for a little bit and backfloat. Who cares if you don't have a suit?! I don't, either. I have a pair of mens' swimming trunks and a tank top. That's what I wear in the hot tubs at parties n stuff. I still go, just not in a bikini. Not yet, anyway. You are massively cute anyway, so there's no excuse not to get your cute butt in the pool and let guys drool over you!! And yeah, when I say situps, I mean the -real- kind, when you flex those ab muscles and hold 'em in that tight spot and push your back out the right way and hold it for a while. I have a very, VERY strong stomach, and just 2-3 extra inches on top of it that need to GO AWAY NOOWWWWW! Anyway hey I did email you via the site, so email me back!! *hug* Go feel better. I'm at the end of my TOM, too (I freaking hope. This is the 3rd week!! BLECH!) and I've got a massive migraine (Stupid weather) and I'm just irritable as ****. EVERYTHING is making me mad right now -- including the drier with a pair of pants with zippers all over the stupid things that won't stop clacking and being loud and I'm about ready to burn the stupd things. Have fun with your sister!!!

In other news, I HATE FINANCIAL AID. Who the **** invented the Stafford Loan forms? WHO. Tell me, because I'm going to go shove their stupid confusing paperwork up their nose. They do truly deserve it, and anybody else who has tried to fill out the form knows exactly what I mean. GAH!! I'm taking it to the meeting and filling it out there. Also, if I'm an independant student, then I'm not telling you my parents' financial information. It's IRRELEVANT YOU IDIOT!!! I am fed up with this. I give up. I refuse to do anymore stupid confusing paperwork until tomorrow at the meeting, because this is basically just a load of crap that I really don't need right now.

Oh, my lunch changed to a 2-cheese quesadilla because I felt really crappy and I wanted some cheese, so I had one. My calories are way low today anyway, so I do not feel guilty in any way, shape, or form about this.

Now. I'm off to make popcorn for myself and bag it up into little snack bags.

Laundry is done, everything else is done. Need to make dinner, make popcorn, and make the husband put his stupid clothes away and vacuum because I've done enough today, darn it!!

Hope everybody is having an awesome day. Check ya later!!
Old 06-08-2004, 10:07 PM   #58  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Where O Where is Ms. Jennifer???

OK chickie...I NEED you to check in with me! Ahem!!!

And for the rest of you, I'm falling fast here and can't seem to climb back up to the top! You all are doing so great! I think a little depression has set in here! Don't like it, but I can feel it kind of stealing away some of my spirit which I certainly don't like! Got an invite to my 25th year reunion which is going to be in July and I really don't want to go! I just am not in that place right now! Don't really want to do anything but hang out at home this summer...maybe do some camping. Do you think if I start exercising again, the endorphins (or whatever it is) will kick and I can kick this thing in the a**??? OK...enough ranting!!

My sister just called me and after two vacations this summer already for her, she's ready to start over AGAIN too! So I am going to get through this week, eating my meals the way I should and exercising each morning the rest of the week (I PROMISE) and hoping that the darned blasted metal thing will be kind to me next week! I weighed today and I am at 170...again! <SIGH!> I guess that's up a # from last week. I've got to stop this eating junk! Need to get back my mojo and remember my purpose! (What was it, again???....just kidding!)

So Monday for sure, I am back on track. I probably won't check in again til then, but if anyone has the dying urge to email me, feel free! I will be checking my email regularly!

Hugs to all of you! Hope you have a super week!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 12:43 AM   #59  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Bonjour! Today was an awesome day! I got up early this morning and walked up our hill then jogged most of the way back down. I timed myself, and I jogged for a total of 3m20s, which doesn't sound like a lot, but for someone who doesn't jog it is, especially since I've only walked (aerobically speaking) once or twice in the past 3 weeks. I even did crunches, push-ups (girl-style, can't do full-fledged push-ups quite yet), and Julie's butt isometrics. Man, I felt good today. And I was moving things between departments today at work, and I kept carrying only one or two things at a time so I'd have to walk a lot (that and it killed more time--Tuesday evenings are the most boring night of the week). And my calorie count was 1250, which is really low for me. I did really really well on water, and I even whipped my brother's butt at StreetFighter and had dinner with my best friend. Oh, and I got free cosmetics at work, which is one of the benefits of working at a department store. Gotta love free bottles of $62 moisturizer.
Oh, and I have a job interview tomorrow. Not really a job that I want, but they called me and seem to really want me to work for them. I'm surprised they didn't hire me over the phone. But it pays well, and it couldn't possibly hurt to go in for an interview. At the very least it will be interviewing experience, and at this point I could use a little practice. Anyway, I'll let you know what happens. Keep your fingers crossed for me.
I don't think I'll get in any exercise tomorrow because of the hectic day--car shuffling, then interview, then more car shuffling, then a long shift at work. I'll leave around 8am and won't get home until 10pm. But I'll try to walk around the mall during my lunch hour.

Ok, I need to get some sleep so I don't go to my interview looking like a zombie. See you all tomorrow!
~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 07:12 AM   #60  
Onward and downward!

Hi Everyone!
Well, I'm starting too feel more postive about my decision to start keeping a food diary again. I know it is the only way I am going to be successful in losing weight and I know if I don't lose weight, then the only other option will be to gain, and I do not want that!
Hikein - Hang in there and do that exercise, we all know it is the best thing there is to beat the blues! Thanks for your encouraging words about food journals. Years ago I lost a lot of weight by counting calories, journalling and exercise. I felt so positive that I could do it this time just by eating healthy foods and exercise, but I've tried, and it didn't work so well, so now I'll just have to return to a tried and true method, I am so determined to become a slimmer, healthier me!
Jay - Nice to meet you! I'm only 5'1", so I understand the problem with carrying too much weight on a short frame. Congratulations on your success so far!
That's it for now, have a great day everyone, and hope to catch up with you tomorrow.
Lucia
Lucia-1 is offline   Reply With Quote