Old 05-03-2004, 01:45 PM   #16  
lakester

Thanks for the welcome Jennifer. I just finished my workout for the day. 35 min (20 is the minimum) on the treadmill then some crunches (400 total 5 sets of 20 reps each on each position) and stretching then last but not least the dreaded weight machines. I do 3 arm exercises, 2 for legs, and 2 for abs ( I do 2-4 sets of 20 reps on each). I will walk the dogs on nice days instead of the treadmill, they can use the excersise too and the up and down hills really adds to the workout (treadmill is at an incline). It is about 3.5 miles and take about 45 minutes because I take one dog at a time (Bo is still a pup and a real handful at 53 pounds of energy!).
For lunch I will have some chicken tortilla soup (minus the tortilllas) with a few pita chips and perhaps a little cottage cheese. I am not sure about supper because I don't know if I am cooking for just myself or hubby too.
I had forgotten about my WATP tapes thanks for reminding me!
lakester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 01:58 PM   #17  

Okay-I didn't make my April goals-but May is a new month!
Goals:
1. Exercise 25 days this month.
2. Stay within my WW points EVERY DAY!
3. Lose 3 pounds
4. Reward myself when I reach my goals.

SW-161
CW-153.5
GW-130
mksme123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 02:12 PM   #18  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Monday check in

It's been a busy Monday...again! Always on my day off. Hubby says I pack too much in one day, but it's the day Ihave when I can do all my running and stuff! So far, I've done a couple loads of laundry (the endless chore!), cleaned up the kitchen from last night (it was a disaster!), did my 30 minutes on the bike and the whole toning routine (yea me!). Then off to get my haircut and highlighted! Not so sure about the cut this time, but love the color! It was almost $20 more than I expected! OUCH! But I feel better now! Now, if we would just get some consistent warm weather, I could maybe get some sun on this ghost white body of mine!!! LOL!

I have a tweak in my goals. I said I was going to do resistance bands every work day afternoon, but I am going to change that to 3 times a week for two weeks, then up it to 4 times a week! I know I won't get it done that often. My evenings when I get home from work just fly by and by the time I can sit down for "me time", it's already almost 9pm and by then, I just don't want to exercise! So I willd o them on Monday (day off), Thursday (hubby's gone) and Saturday or Sunday. But the rest is the same!

Food so far today has been great.
B-Kashi cereal (the high protein kind) w/ a few pecans crushed & 6 oz. non-fat milk
AM snack (because I was going to get my hair done and knew I would be starving by the time I got home--never good!)
Lunch 1/2 Flatbread w/ grilled chicken salad & 1 oz. cheese

Water: 33 oz. + so far!

I need to go but will be back later to check in!

Welcome to all the new members!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 03:03 PM   #19  
"workin' on my fitness"

Height: 5'10"

Lakester- wow, I'm tired just reading that! LOL. I hate the incline treadmills- I've got a manual one that you can't adjust, and it serves as a nice platform for boxes to go into storage.

Mksme123- Welcome! Good to see you! Great idea with the reewards there. Anything you have your eye on?

Julie- ooooh, new hair! Betcha you look great, girlie! Way to go with the exercise today- keep up the great work!
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 03:17 PM   #20  
LucyKitty

Hey!! Sorry, been SUPER busy.

Stuff is happening w/ our house (YAY!! This is the good kind of happening haha!), and we're in psycho-clean & make it sparkle mode right now because it goes to be listed on WEDNESDAY!! Ack. Even though I don't get any profit I'm happy. One less thing to deal with!! Which will only make this easier for me!! SCORE!

Food has been decent. Saturday night at the BBQ was awesome -- had tons of fun, some delicious Indian food (the best rice I've ever had!), a few beers, and laughed so hard my face actually HURTS. I beat 15 other people at Spoons, of all things. It was a great time and even though I was really self-conscious about it, it was so much fun. The lady that my hubby works with threw it in this 600k house on the ridge (like near where Bill Gates lives? YEAH) and it was just awesome. They were awesome people, and there were a bunch of other women there who were NORMAL instead of tiny, and I totally didn't count calories or feel out of place at all. I am so happy that it was a GOOD night out!!

So yesterday was a blaaah day, and food was the off day of the week (which means I can have deep fried foods & chocolate in excess ), and we watched the "dive to bermuda triangle" on Discovery -- how awesome. I am such a geek.

Food today is blah. Not much in the house, but that's fine with me.

B - leftover pesto (healthy!!) & code red mt dew (i know, i know...)
L - Hmm. Umm... yeah. What WILL lunch be? Probably a tuna melt w/ WHOLE WHEAT bread. & some cyrstal light... since i had a soda or two or three already.
D - NACHOS! (taco meat, baked tortilla chips, cheddar & my dad's smoky jack, salsa, refried beans, and a side bowl of homemade mexican spicy rice) w/ some crystal light

I'm out of bottled water until Friday (no $$ for food at this moment), and our water tastes like SOAP. ew. So I am forced to drink a jug of crystal light every day instead, to kill the soap taste. Blech. I hate city water!!

But did anyone notice that WHOLE WHEAT?! Yes, I did it. I bought brown rice (instead of plain ol' white) and whole wheat bread. I thought I didn't like whole wheat bread, but it turns out to taste almost exactly the same as icky white. I like wheat better.

Ok, well, workout for today:

20 min stepper (though it does NOTHING)
25 squats w/ 3 lb weights
25 lunges each side w 3 lb weights
800 situps (oh, yeah. I'm upping those!)
15 minutes upside down on the ball to release my back (new chiro instructions) which also just happens to force your lower abs to contract and build, which means less tummy. SCORE. medical stuff that helps more than one thing!!

Other than that, lotsa work to do. Hope you guys are all having an awesome day, and it's good to see so many new people joining the challenge!!!

I am going to be in a size 12 in two weeks. Just you wait & see.
lameducklucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 03:41 PM   #21  

Height: 5 foot

Hey Everyone.. I'm new!!! I need someone to complain with, to struggle with, and to celebrate with.. because I know that's what this challenge hold for me.

I first want to get back on track with everthing.. I got depressed and got off my diet for a couple of weeks, but thank God I didnt gain all of my weight back. I'm going to start off with a little challenge, and if I can handle it upgrade it.

Exercise- at least 3 times a week an hour on the tread mill, or 1 hour Denise Austin tape.

Diet- Consume under 1500 calories daily, Low Fat Low sugar Low everything

Water- try to just drink some period since I've completely stopped and turned into a Diet soda-aholic!!

Weightloss- 10 pounds.. or more if my body is willing to help me out.
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 03:53 PM   #22  
"workin' on my fitness"

It's such a slow day at work, I've spent the whole day on this site! (Well, that, plus I'm an addict! )

Lucy- way to go girlfriend, with the whole wheat bread & brown rice. Another bread to try if you can find it- Pepperidge Farm makes 2 really good ones- Light Oatmeal and a Light 7 grain bread- I love those two- the oatmeal one most. Man...code red mountain dew- I got the diet stuff & can only have it on weekends because that sure gets my motor running! I just wish they'd do a diet version of their live wire (orange) one- that's sooooo good but I can't see wasting a meal's worth of carbs on 8oz of non-diet soda. If you're doing that yoga ball & hanging, you can also do crunches on it, and oblique crunches- you'll have a 6 pack in no time, girlie.

Jaymi- Welcome to the group! We're all really good and complaining & commisserating, but I promise you, these are the best chickies around- no matter what you need- someone to complain with, someone who has been there & done that, or just a push in the right direction- these chickies are amazing- I owe them all so much for my success so far! Anyhow, make yourself at home. The goals all look great, and you can add to them or change them if you find it's not as challenging

It's raining here now, or I'd consider taking a 15 minute break and heading outside- my replacement "handsome reward" came on Friday, and I'm definitely like a little kid with a new toy! 1 more hour until I can get outta here & hit the WATP and resistance bands. And maybe the bike if I feel lunch adhering to my tush. Oh- and I have to post my loss for the last challenge, too...lemme do that before I get out of here
Old 05-03-2004, 04:08 PM   #23  
"workin' on my fitness"

Default Ok, the stats...

Ok, so this is my progress so far- and my total loss YTD in measurements.
Attached Images
File Type: gif May1stats2.gif (17.9 KB, 37 views)
Old 05-03-2004, 04:10 PM   #24  
LucyKitty

Oh my god oh my god. *does a happy dance*

Okay. So the undies & bra were too big last weekend, I noticed. YAY!! Almost back to my ORIGINAL size on those two, like, the size I was when I was 16. I know that's kind of a huge thing, but it's only a couple years ago for me, and I am really proud of myself for it!! Not quite back to the size S yet, but over halfway there. I'll just hafta deal with the silly things riding around where they shouldn't be for a few more weeks.

And then I decided to try on some small sized clothes that I haven't tried on lately. The size 11 cargos are almost public-sight wearable, so I went and put on this size M cropped tank top (kinda lingerie but i don't care either way, if it looks good, wear it!), and IT FITS!!!! My tummy is a little too big for my likes on it, but IT FITS!! And it feels SO GOOD. I have never worn this shirt. i bought it for $10 at Nordstrom on a clearance rack over two years ago, and IT FINALLY FITS ME!!

Then I put on a size 10 pair of blue velvet flame print pants, and they fit me like a glove. They are a little stretchy, however, so that helps a bit.

I am going to remeasure myself today for the beginning of the challenge.
lameducklucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 06:55 PM   #25  

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikein2005
Today has been ok food wise! I had a small piece of chocolate type cake at church today but I counted it toward my plan! So far, the rest has been on target.
Quick Breakfast-Zone Bar & water
Lunch: 1/2 Flatbread, 3 oz. deli ham, cheese, onions & spinach and a touch of honey mustard! YUMMY!
Snack: 1 slice whole grain bread, 1/4 cup chicken salad w/pecans
Supper...no idea! My plans of sitting down to write my menus went through the roof today. But it's on my agenda for tomorrow!

Instead of formal workout today, (sometimes we have to make sacrifices...life gets in the way, you know! ) I am painting some trim on windows to get the room ready for our new mattress tomorrow. I want to sleep in my new bed tomorrow night, so tomorrow I am going to paint as well!

Yesterday, no formal workout, but plenty of shopping, cleaning and up and down 3 flights of steps for laundry! I think I must have done 6 loads (washed, dried, folded AND put away) yesterday! ARGH! My house was clean by 2pm so we could go shopping for new comforter for the new bed. Didn't find one, but did find a Sports Bra (which I needed badly!) Go figure! Got the grocery shopping done and home in time to watch a movie with hubby ("Stuck on You"). Cute movie!

Mary...sounds like you are doing awesome, chickie! Keep up the good work and you will be kicking MY a**!!!! I better watch out! You want to join me in challening Ms. Jennifer (AKA Dragon or Bike Hussy or fearless leader...the list goes on!) and see if we can at least keep up with her exercise regime??? Maybe? Let me know! I am going to try to do it! She amazes me with her motivation, eh? Shhhhhh...we don't want her to know we are talking about her this way or her head will just grow!!! She already has too many brain cells! Anyway...good luck with the job negotiations! I'm sure things will work out the way they should! Fingers and toes crossed for ya, chickie!

Lucy...goals look good! I'd up the calorie intake in the form of some protein with all that exercise you do, you need it! Don't want you keeling over on us!

Where the heck is everyone else??? Get your posts on here, chickies!~
Heyits Janie, The body Flex bar is something my Hubby ordered off TV last mothers day for me. ITs on line Bodyflex.com. & its really great. I used it last yr & then got lazy & quit but I took off 10 ponds in 2 months& I wasn't even eating right. I have been using it these 5 weeks I have been on here with yall guys & I have lost 14lbs. & I'm eating right this time. ITs resistance training its a bar with a big rubber band. TI actullay helps u loose more inches than pounds. WHich is a good thing! Since Last Aug. when I used it I have lost 16 1/2 incehs all together. I never put the pounds or inches back on after I quit using it the first time. Have a great day going to do the FIRM now.
Janiepeppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 07:42 PM   #26  
"workin' on my fitness"

Default Panting away the pounds

Yup- that's what it should be called...Panting away the pounds when you do it in Florida, in May, in muggy, rainy weather. But....drum roll....I pushed it and I did the 3 mile tape. Woo Hoo! I was going to just do 2 miles of it, but at the 2 mile mark I was feeling pretty good, and I thought about those breadsticks...Linda bursting my bubble & telling me they had 140 calories each...egads! I pushed on to the 3rd mile, and now that I've cooled off, I'm having my chickarina for dinner, and then I am going to go do the resistance band workout.

Have a great night, chickies!
Old 05-03-2004, 08:11 PM   #27  
motomom

Quote:
Originally Posted by lameducklucy
Oh my god oh my god. *does a happy dance*

Okay. So the undies & bra were too big last weekend, I noticed. YAY!! The size 11 cargos are almost public-sight wearable, so I went and put on this size M cropped tank top and IT FITS!!!! My tummy is a little too big for my likes on it, but IT FITS!! And it feels SO GOOD. and IT FINALLY FITS ME!!
Then I put on a size 10 pair of blue velvet flame print pants, and they fit me like a glove.
I am going to remeasure myself today for the beginning of the challenge.
Yea you! Way to go chickie...it's all that exercise...changing the body and all! I'd be doing a happy dance too! Good for you, chickie!
Old 05-03-2004, 08:16 PM   #28  
motomom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janiepeppers
The body Flex bar is something I used it last yr & then got lazy & quit but I took off 10 ponds in 2 months& I wasn't even eating right. I have been using it these 5 weeks I have been on here with yall guys & I have lost 14lbs. & I'm eating right this time. ITs resistance training its a bar with a big rubber band. TI actullay helps u loose more inches than pounds. WHich is a good thing! Since Last Aug. when I used it I have lost 16 1/2 incehs all together. I never put the pounds or inches back on after I quit using it the first time. Have a great day going to do the FIRM now.
First of all! Congrats on losing the pounds and inches in this last challenge, but I didn't even know you were here! You need to post chickie!!! Then we can all celebrate your victories with you! So, I am going to have to take a look into something like that with such a success story! You are doing awesome! And...please post, won't you ...to keep us all motivated and cheering you on!! We need you here!!!!!!!
Hugs
Old 05-03-2004, 08:18 PM   #29  
motomom

Quote:
Originally Posted by **Jennifer**
Ok, so this is my progress so far- and my total loss YTD in measurements.
OK...so 49 and some inches ain't too shabby! GOOD JOB JENNIFER!!!!!
There! That should be enough for this week!
LOL!
Old 05-03-2004, 09:20 PM   #30  
motomom

Default Rest of Monday

Food was right on target for the rest of the day...
PM snack: Zone Bar
Supper: Taco Salad with low fat tortilla chips! Yum!
Have been drinking water all day! Probably up to 100 oz. by now! You'd think I would be floating away...not til middle of the night!

Hmmm! No caffeine withdrawl headache yet! I wonder if my head knows I haven't had any caffeine today? I'm sure it will by tomorrow if I let it know!

Finished painting the trim in the bedroom (2 coats). They delivered our new mattress... BUT...(you know there would be a problem, didn't you?) they had to take the box springs back because they weren't made correctly (there's a mattress place right in town that customizes mattresses at a reasonable price). They said they would have it back here tomorrow evening. But the room is all cleaned and all the dust is sucked up on the vacuum cleaner, so that is good!

I cleaned, hulled and sliced another 4 lbs of strawberries today (told ya Jennifer!). I put 1/2 in the freezer (in small sandwich size baggies) for later! Otherwise they'd all be gone in a day. Of course, no one touches them until they are cleaned and cut! Not fair!

My hair is looking rather...blonde...and she even toned it down a bit! I didn't get to see it before she toned it...I wonder how bright it was? I suppose it's what I wanted, but now I need to brown my skin alittle! LOL! Actually, I stay away from the sun as much as I can...sensitive skin that burns too easily! But it would be nice if it would warm up a bit around here....lows again in the 20's tonight...so we could enjoy that sunshine!

So ladies...great to see so many new (and old) faces here this time around. Let's just do this this month...one day at at time! I have a quote that I will post in another entry! It's about comittment (or is that 2 "m's"?)

Tomorrow's plan is all laid out. WATP tape (I'm going to try to do 2 miles) in the morning...Meals are planned and prepped (for the most part) and it's back to work for me in the morning! Work is always the hardest for me because of all the temptations around me...snack food, junk food, etc! I just have to resist if I want this weight off of me! I'm on my way to losing 8 lbs forever, so resisting all that crap is the key!

Have a great Tuesday, chickies!