Old 01-14-2018, 07:52 PM   #61  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

First week of diet for me and I've been really strict with weighing everything that i've eaten, and recording everything. Luckily I've been at home and able to eat when I want and what I want (that'll change when I have to go away for work....)
I've not had anything sweet, or any bread/pasta/rice/potatoes etc, and just one glass of wine on Saturday. But I don't feel I've missed out and I haven't been hungry really, which is surprising, and probably won't last, but at least i'm feeling good and motivated to carry on
Well done to everyone who's lost this week, and also well done to everyone who's not lost, but who has still weighed in and stuck with the process because that's even harder to do.
ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 09:50 PM   #62  
DIANA

S/C/G: 179(H)/166/150(G)

Height: 5'6"

Munchey, Internet down till Feb. Could you add my weight please, at 157.5. Thanks. Hope everyone is doing well.
workinglikeadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 10:50 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 250/192/140

Height: 5' 6"

Hey Everyone:
Congrats to everyone for their accomplishments this week!

The scale didn't move for me this week. I've been in a bit of a slump and my exercise for this week was down and my food consumption was up. They need to reverse directions.

It's a new week with new opportunities. I'll take it a day at a time.

Curvynotlumpy:
Congrats on losing a pound this week! You did a good job on the water as well! You are so right about the Therapeutic Horseback Riding Ctr. being meaningful for mind, body and spirit. I've grown to recognize it as being as therapeutic for me, as it is for the students.

Flower1:
Congrats on your 1.8 lb. loss and making progress with getting back on track - Good Job!

GrannyNancy:
A sense of humor is a good thing! Putting "Sexy" in front of "Sharpei" makes it easier to accept the nickname. Good job with speed walking 5 miles a day! I think the scale will smile at you next week.

Heidi58:
Congrats on losing a pound this week! Sorry to hear about the power outage. I prefer to use my laptop for the Internet as well.

Magistra17:
I'm sorry you have had to deal with nerve pain this week, but I'm glad it's getting better and that the sunny weather boosted your mood.

In some ways, I feel like I'm reliving my childhood with the horses. Instead of riding them, I'm interacting in other ways and the relationship is different (somewhat closer).

Tkkoz:
Sounds like you enjoyed your holday week. I'm sorry that motivation is hiding from you. I think we all have experienced that. I hope the new week goes well for you. I know you will feel better about exercise, once you drop a few pounds.

When I was young and road horses, they didn't require helmets. Now, everyone wears helmets. Yes, it is rewarding and has become an activity I look forward to. I'm learning, so I guess it's possible to teach an old horse new tricks, LOL
munchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 11:16 PM   #64  

Quote:
Originally Posted by workinglikeadog View Post
Munchey, Internet down till Feb. Could you add my weight please, at 157.5. Thanks. Hope everyone is doing well.

I entered your weigh-in. Sorry about the Internet.
Old 01-14-2018, 11:34 PM   #65  

We are having a problem with some of the cells on the Weigh-In Sheet. I'll do my best to get it resolved tomorrow. I may have to make a new sheet. This one won't behave.
Old 01-15-2018, 11:18 AM   #66  

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchey View Post

We are having a problem with some of the cells on the Weigh-In Sheet. I'll do my best to get it resolved tomorrow. I may have to make a new sheet. This one won't behave.

Whatever was wrong with the Weigh-In Sheet for this week has resolved. I'm not clear what went on, but it's had a spontaneous recovery. I'm going to not overthink this. It doesn't make sense, but the important thing is that all the cell formulas are doing what they are supposed to do at this moment. I'm glad that I waited until this morning before making a new sheet.
Old 01-15-2018, 01:27 PM   #67  
Badass Brokeleg Bunny

S/C/G: 239.2/199.8/170

I'm so glad the sheet is behaving!

Down a little this week, not a lot. School starts back up in a few days which means less time for eating but more stress!
tefrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 08:20 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 176.2/155.8/130

Height: 5'4"

grannynancy: I think that the bone healthy clinic sounds like a great idea. I have to get a bone density test done every year. I was very diligent last year with my walking and eating and my bone density still went down - I was not happy about that. Now I take medication once a week along with the walking, diet, calcium, vit D, etc. I'm hoping this year I will have at least maintained my bone density.

Magistra and grannynancy - I agree that getting rid of the wheat and sugar makes a huge difference and once you get used to it, it starts to become second nature. I did that for 1 1/2 years and felt really great and then fell off the wagon for about 5 months. Now I'm trying to get back to that way of eating. I think one of the keys for me is to totally abstain from gluten and sugar which seems to reduce my cravings for sweet things.

Tkkoz - I can relate to your loss of motivation as I felt like a slug for the past few months and I was slow getting back on track. Good for you for trying to cut back on the carbs, sugar and processed foods - perfect place to start. That's essentially what I did too.

munchey: good job on maintaining! I'm an animal lover too but have not had any experience with horses. your work with the horses sounds very rewarding and I think it would also be a good way to unwind especially being out in nature.

I hope everyone meets their week 2 goals.
flower1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 11:11 PM   #69  
Ready to lose

S/C/G: 122.7/tick/62

Height: 5'4"

I'm down 400grams (nearly 1 pound) today

I now have more incentive to lose the weight, my nephew is getting married in November I really hope I can turn this into motivation and not sabotage myself. Will definitely stick with the eating plan, especially if it keeps going like this

Munchey I'm glad the spreadsheet worked itself out, very kind of it

Have a great week 2
Tkkoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 12:44 AM   #70  

Default Hello

I have started a low carb, high protein diet today similar to Cohen's diet...3 times protein/Veg with 3 fruits and 5 crackers per day. I really need support as I find any excuse to eat, when I am happy, when I am sad, when tired and ... Thank you for having this forum and good luck everybody
Shazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 02:17 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 253.4/174/175

Height: 5'10

I entered my weight in, I'll be updating mostly on Mondays when I am at work.
BlondieCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 05:53 PM   #72  

The weekly stats appear on the chart below. Congrats to everyone for their accomplishments! If you didn't submit an entry for the 1-14-18 weigh-in (either by posting it or entering it on the form), you won't appear on the chart below.

Last edited by munchey; 01-16-2018 at 05:53 PM.
Old 01-16-2018, 07:00 PM   #73  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazi View Post
I have started a low carb, high protein diet today similar to Cohen's diet...3 times protein/Veg with 3 fruits and 5 crackers per day. I really need support as I find any excuse to eat, when I am happy, when I am sad, when tired and ... Thank you for having this forum and good luck everybody

Welcome Shazi!

The end date for this challenge is 4-1-18. If you can share what your goal weight might be for that day, I can add it to the main stat sheet.
Old 01-16-2018, 07:55 PM   #74  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

Thanks Munchey for all your work. Loving the updates and spreadsheets and the cute graphics!
Good luck to you with getting back in to it this week.
4 more days for us to get results before the next one... eek.
ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 08:17 PM   #75  

Blondiecj:
Congrats on your loss this week! You didn't appear on the weekly chart, as I pulled the stats this morning, before you made an entry. If you make a weight entry, by Monday next week, you will appear on the next weekly chart.

Tefrey:
I hope you have a good week at school. Hang in there! Stress, with less time to eat can go South on you. I've been there, done that. (i.e. mindless eating can equate to lots of calories)

Tkkoz:
I'm glad the week is off to a good start, with the scale heading downward. Perhaps your nephew's wedding, along with the benefits you will gain from losing weight will combine to give you the motivation you need.

Try making a list of what you will like about losing weight and then what you hate about being at your current weight.