Old 01-11-2018, 07:32 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ange82much View Post
I had a sneak mid-week preview on the scales this morning, and a couple of lb's are gone. yay!! it's always going to be easier in the first week, and I've really stuck to my 1000cal so would be disappointed if I hadn't lost some, but still, it's nice to imagine that 2lb as a bag of sugar or something, and now it's not on me anymore Anyone else going well this week?
Good news on the weight gone! Yes the start is always faster but it is nice to have that at the beginning. Going well this week though it probably won't be a 2lb week because my weight was artificially low on Sunday

Last few weeks were kind of crazy because of some stress related issues that drove up my BP and put me back on meds (though less than half what I was taking before I started losing weight) , but am back in a rhythm. Average weight loss over a 25 week period has been 2.3lbs a week and it has been pretty steady.

I also eat between 1000 and 1200 calories a day and really have to plan carefully to make sure I get all the necessary nutrients at that level but with a long term plan, I think it important [Have lost 60 and have about 50 to go ]
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 11:03 AM   #47  
Jesus, I trust in You

Height: 5' 2"

Hello to all!

Minor blip on scale at Weight Watchers this week- .4 gain.
I stayed within points, tracked...so I will tweak the eating a bit and see how that works. No worries...I am relaxing and trusting the process.

Freaking out about it does not make me a peaceful person. I will get to goal.

I am hoping all my weight mates have a minus this week!!!
MorningGlory1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 01:31 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 250/192/140

Height: 5' 6"

HEY EVERYONE!
I arrived to volunteer for the horseback riding classes on Wednesday, only to find out that they cancelled them because of the muddy aftermath of the rain we had. They were turning out the horses for exercise, so I hung around and helped bring up a couple of horses from their stalls and then brushed 4 horses. I ended up with a pair of very muddy shoes that I need to clean. My Fitbit told me that I had a little over 5 miles for the day, but I know it wasn't accurate.

I suspect my Fitbit recorded at least a mile over from hand movement, while brushing horses. I've learned that my Fitbit won't be accurate, but it helps to motivate me. Sometimes I feel like Pavlov's Dog, LOL. I like to see the "goal announcement" on my Fitbit bracelet, when I reach my daily goal. Then, many times, I respond to the subtle shock the bracelet give me, as it nags me to get moving, LOL.

I got in a "gym day" on Tuesday, enough activity/steps yesterday. Today, I'm planning a "go with the flow day", in regard to exercise. I know that a failure to plan is a plan to fail, but sometimes, I enjoy a "go with the flow day". I may go to the gym, or not (I can go to the gym tomorrow). I received a Netflix DVD for the vintage "Blade Runner" film. I may make some time today to watch that. I haven't seen the new version yet, so I wanted to rewatch the first movie, before seeing the 2nd Blad Runner (which is coming out to DVD soon).

I hope everyone is having a good day/good week!

ButterCup85:
Welcome to the challenge! Best wishes with your goal. Since I have the cell formulas set, you were correct in adding your name to the bottom. Technically, I should be able to reorder things alphabetically, but my success rate of coordinating the Weigh-In Sheets and the Stat sheet is not good, LOL.

You might be surprised, in that you will likely find that there will be more to talk about than you might think: Posting for accountability (how your week went or is going), offering and receiving support, and sharing ideas and information.

GrannyNancy:
I'm glad you are having a good week. Sounds like you have a good plan. Your track record of 2.3 pounds a week average is a great record. No doubt that you will reach your goal.

Do you take any supplements to assist with getting adequate nutrients? I think it's best to get nutrients from the things we eat, but it can be a challenge.

MorningGlory1950:
I'm betting the scale will head downward soon. Keep up the good attitude. Most often, the closer you are to goal weight, the slower it goes.

munchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 02:13 PM   #49  

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchey View Post
GrannyNancy:
I'm glad you are having a good week. Sounds like you have a good plan. Your track record of 2.3 pounds a week average is a great record. No doubt that you will reach your goal.

Do you take any supplements to assist with getting adequate nutrients? I think it's best to get nutrients from the things we eat, but it can be a challenge.[/COLOR]
I take a senior multivitamin & mineral supplement, 2, Nordic Naturals Ultimate Omega 3, 100mg Ubiquinol, 2000mg D3, a Magnesium Citrate supplement and Calcium Citrate 250mg as needed but only to get me to 1000-1200mg on days the diet does not. At this calorie level it is hard to get adequate nutrients and I only started taking after logging religiously on Cronometer and don't shoot for exceeding the RDA. I hope to taper off when I get to maintenance and can eat more but over 60, you also have more issues with absorbing nutrients. I am also looking into taking Vitamin K2 as I was recently diagnosed with Osteopenia [no osteoporosis drugs, though]
Old 01-11-2018, 04:19 PM   #50  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

grannynancy you're a star! Fantastic discipline to have lost all that weight steadily (but quickly I have to say) - congratulations to you for sticking to your plan so well over the last 25 weeks, and i'm sure you'll carry on to your target with that discipline. How are you feeling? (apart from the recent stress bit)? Are you a different woman!?!
munchey just noticed your weight-loss is about the same too! Really well done. Same questions! Are you feeling great?
ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 05:47 PM   #51  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Thanks!! Joining!
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 11:15 AM   #52  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post
Thanks!! Joining!

Sum38:

Welcome! Please tell us a little about your food and exercise plan, your goals and how things are going for you.

If you haven't already, please read the entire first post in this thread. It has the guidelines for the challenge.
Old 01-12-2018, 12:57 PM   #53  

Hey Everyone!
Happy Friday! I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Please stop in on the thread and let everyone know how your first week went. If you haven't told us a little about you and your diet and fitness plan, please do so.

GrannyNancy:
Thanks for sharing your supplement info. I take supplemental D3, magnesium and an occasional multivitamin. To help with sleep, I take melatonin and Phosphatidyl Serine (supposed to help counteract high cortosol levels)

Ange82much:
I have to say I feel a lot better being closer to 200 lbs than 250 lbs. I have less back problems and overall a lot more energy and motivation to do things.

When I started volunteering at the Therapeutic Horseback Riding Center, the middle of last year, I wasn't sure I could handle more than one class at a time (each class = approx. 40-50 minutes of walking). My main issue is with my knees, especially my left. I did find that I have been surprised at my level of endurance. I stil deal with knee problems - some days better than others. I'm glad that I pushed myself to volunteer. I find that once I'm there, I push myself to follow through with what they need help with. Once I'm involved with a class session, I'm able to work through the pain and "just do it".
Old 01-12-2018, 01:17 PM   #54  

Ange82much - yes it feels much much better. Easier to do daily things, better blood chemistry, feel better, improved BP.

Update

This week is going ok. I am compliant but probably won't be down so much by Sunday because my first weigh in was low due to a diuretic taken for a BP spike and now I am steady state on BP meds again but without the diuretic and less than I originally took so that water weight came back on but is appropriate. I am mostly following the bright line eating approach: No added sugar, no flour, 3 planned meals a day, 20 oz veggies a day, 2 fruits (most day), 4 oz grain or potato and about 60-80 grams of protein. Also focused on improving cardio parameters with speed walking [I am in ok shape - RHR is 61, walk about 5 miles a day etc] and on starting weight training for Osteopenia, a recent diagnosis. [Bone density low]. I am 62 and postmenopausal having gone through surgical menopause 20 years ago. I told my husband I was starting to look like a sharpei with all the loose skin so now my nickname is his "sexy sharpei".

Last edited by grannynancy; 01-12-2018 at 01:18 PM.
Old 01-14-2018, 07:59 AM   #55  
Be happy.

Hello! Our internet has been spotty for most of the week, but yesterday the wind took out the wires. The poor guys were working in freezing weather and wind but I think we're back in business here! Hurray! I have lots of data on my phone but 3fc is not phone friendly. Or maybe I'm dumb. But either way I missed you ladies and am happy to be here via laptop again!

I lost a pound this week. I'd hoped for more - but don't I always? lol
I need to get ready for church. I will catch up on the posts I missed this afternoon. Have a great Sunday everyone!
Heidi58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 12:55 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Good morning

I just updated my stats and am down a pound. It's been ages since I actually paid attention to my water intake so this past week I made a conscious effort to drink significantly more. I didn't set a goal but water was my main beverage for the week. My skin always seems to tell the tale about what I'm eating and drinking and this week it glowed and was well hydrated. Interestingly, my joints also felt better. In addition, I packed my lunch 4 days last week an ate all dinners at home.

It was a week of re-establishing some healthy goals--or at least making a serious attempt at getting back on track--and not obsessing over the number on the scale.

munchey: I love a good sweat and really enjoy when I can work in exercise that isn't billed as "official" exercise to my routine. Your work at the Therapeutic Horseback Riding Center sounds both meaningful for mind, body and spirit. It also sounds like you got your workout in that day!

ButterCup85: getting back on plan with your Ideal Protein plan. Lots of folks on these threads have had good success following it.

magistra: I love the but especially when I'm home and can curl up with a blanket and a cup of tea or take a nap.
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 01:21 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 176.2/154.2/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone. I hope everyone had a good first week. I am down 1.8 and I'm pleased with that. This week I worked on getting myself back on track with my eating and exercise. I'm not quite there yet but feel good about the changes I made this week.

curvynotlumpy: congrats on your loss and for re-establishing some healthy goals and getting more water in. I need to work on my water intake as well.

grannynancy: my eating plan is similar to yours - no sugar with the exception of fruit, no gluten, and try to eat only whole foods. Your 5 mile walk a day is very impressive. I was diagnosed with osteoporosis 2 years and my doctor recommended a minimum of 25 min of walking a day. I should also look at some weight training.
flower1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 06:50 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 196/158/150

Well, I'm up a little today +.4 and I think it's because I've got some nerve pain going on my left side and probably swelling. I really neglected my posture this week (I did a lot of slouching at my computer) and I'm sure that's what caused it. Fortunately, I've been doing my exercises for the last two days and the pain is already subsiding. Nothing like a little pain for motivation! lol!

The weather here has been absolutely gorgeous for the last couple of days and I've been spending a lot of time outside. This has been so good for my mood. Even so, we do need the rain and I'm hoping it rains again soon.

flower1 and grannynancy Same! I gave up wheat and sugar and am eating mostly whole foods, no processed food. Do you find that once you get on a roll with this, it becomes second nature? I feel so good that I never want to go back to eating processed foods.

grannynancy I'm so impressed with your progress! Hilarious about the shar-pei skin! Such cute dogs!

munchey I am an animal lover of all kinds and your work with the horses sounds wonderful and very rewarding.

curvynotlumpy good accomplishment with the water! I have to really watch my water better than I do.

Congrats to everyone who lost this week! I'm so inspired!
magistra17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 07:31 PM   #59  
Ready to lose

S/C/G: 122.7/tick/62

Height: 5'4"

Hi, I had a shocker of a week diet wise. My DS and I had a week holiday to visit my brother and brother in law and we ate so much crappy food that I'm amazed I didn't gain more weight We did go for some lovely walks along the beach though It's been slow going getting back on track, motivation has not yet found me.

I am also trying to eat less carbs, sugars and processed food in general. I am only doing incidental exercise at the moment. I am hoping that I will want to move more as the weight comes off

ButterCup welcome! I tend to be a reader not a poster in the threads, this is another thing I am trying to change :-) good luck!

GrannyNancy 2.3lbs average loss is brilliant, well done! P.S. love your nickname

Munchey I love horses but have not had anything to do with them since I was very young...a long time ago. It must be very rewarding.

Heidi congrats on your loss and glad you have the net back

Curveynotlumpy congrats on the loss and re-establishing your goals

Flower 1.8 down is brilliant, well done

Magistra I hope your nerve pain continues to improve. for more rain

You are all doing fantastic!
Tkkoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 07:36 PM   #60  

Magistra and Flower - yes, it is becoming second nature. I do still use a little sugar in some sauces but at this rate a box of dark brown sugar will last me over a year. I thought I would miss the bread more than I do and the pretzels. But I cheated a few months ago and ate some Lance crackers and they sat on my stomach like concrete and were just not "all that" like I remembered them. My taste buds really are adjusting and today I ate three foods I used to care less for: Pork, Beets, and Brocolli. I am not going to say that I was in hog heaven but it was not bad. We are eating the rainbow these days! Even the fruits. Not so much compared to the veggies.

Flower. I am really trying hard to keep from crossing over to osteoporosis from osteopenia. I am looking at getting referred to a bone healthy clinic run by the local hospital where they assess your diet and provide specific exercises for bone density.