3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Chicks up for a Challenge

Old 11-18-2017, 03:40 PM   #61

S/C/G: 220/205/190

Height: 5'

everyone!

Munchey, great article and reminder especially for me who can find an excuse to derail almost any time. It's funny, I'm not a short cut taker in other areas of my life but am in my approach to food choices. Certainly not all the time, but enough to stall or sabotage my progress.

Weight is up 4 pounds this morning no doubt to the two meals out I had yesterday. A colleague and good friend took me out to a belated birthday lunch which was unexpected, and I had a previously arranged dinner out with a couple of friends prior to a meeting we all attended. I didn't stuff myself at either meal and left food on my plate and/or had leftovers but it was more food than I typically eat in a day. In addition, dinner was Chinese food and I know I'm holding on to a lot of sodium. Aye, yay yay...you live, you learn.

curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 04:03 PM   #62
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/135

Height: 5'7.5"

Great article, Munchey...thanks for sharing! I'll be bookmarking this one for those times where that little self-defeating voice tries to creep back in like it did when I fell of the wagon this past summer. All great things to keep in mind.

I lost all of my progress and gained the weight back (and then some!) during my pregnancy and subsequent hiatus back in 2014 and hadn't lost a pound since...but, I am back again - as of 12.28.16 - and, I am determined to see it through this time. I owe it to my son and, most importantly, myself to become healthy again. Let's do this!

- C.

One dragonfly for every 10 lbs lost, so far:

opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 05:36 AM   #63

Hi! I need a jumpstart real bad... will check back later to weigh-in and think of some goals.
Teri000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 07:23 AM   #64

S/C/G: 265/202/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi, last Sunday I had weighed on a big bounce up and today I am weighing on a smaller bounce up but between the bounces I am down 4.4 lbs. Wow. Just goes to show how turbulent the ride can be and a good reason for me to graph with a trendline or I would go crazy weighing every day without that trendline.

Going to daughter's for Thanksgiving and goal is enjoying the grandkids instead of eating too much and getting stuffed and sleepy.

Munchey. You know I had a long talk with myself about sugar and flour and decided that the transient pleasure of some food thing or the other is far less than the joy and satisfaction of being in a leaner body and having real hope of getting to my goal weight again. A weight I have not seen for over 30 years. With 46lbs gone I can already tell a profound difference in moving around and doing everyday things. I used to be quite athletic and hope to go into my retirement years being able to do all the outdoor things. Also, you would think this is so restrictive but my taste buds have adjust and the flavor of all the vegetables and fruit is amazing. My diet is so much healthier and much more flavorful and cravings are few and far between. The few "cheats" I have had really have not been that satisfying................

Nancy

Started the Bright Line Eating approach July 24, 2017
No sugar, No Flour, 3 planned meals a day, Measured Quantities of protein, veggies, fruit and grains

Jan 17, 2018 ....... down 62 lbs/ 53 to go

Last edited by grannynancy; 11-19-2017 at 07:45 AM. Reason: Edited to correct "weight after sip of coffee" and reply to Munchy
grannynancy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 01:09 PM   #65
Taking a break from 3FC

S/C/G: 200/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Hey guys!

Sorry for the lack of updates. I'm still trying to get used to this "no-pressure/no-guilt" weight loss thing. I definitely do find weight loss communities to be beneficial to the process, but when real life stresses get in the way I do find it difficult to pop in here. Sorry about that .

However, I've been trying my best to keep on top of my 5K training, to varying results. I had one week where I didn't run ONCE which is baffling to me, since I'm usually quite diligent when it comes to training for a race. This has made the whole DON'T PANIC aspect to my weight loss a bit challenging, since I felt like I had already failed even though there's enough time to catch up. Even if I don't manage to catch up, I can always finish the training AFTER the 5K to appease my need to complete it .

Food habits have been getting better. I've definitely been listening to my body a lot more. One night I made dinner, sat down to eat, took a few bites but then felt full so I stopped and saved it as leftovers. Another night I just wasn't in the mood for dinner so I had a banana/yogurt instead. I think it's helped speed up my weight loss, honestly, since I'm definitely guilty of eating even when I'm not hungry just because it's such a ritual.

I'm currently 173.6 lbs, which is 1.8 lbs down for the challenge so I'm pretty happy about that! I'm trying not to get ahead of myself though and stay on track. I have a bad habit of letting my successes make me lazy.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanskgiving if I don't check in before then! I'll be go to my boyfriend's godmothers who always puts on a feast. Since I'm British I tend to just treat it as a nice meal rather than a culturally acceptable time to stuff my face with food. Christmas on the other hand...well...I definitely get a little indulgent there!

Goal 1: Halfway point to borderline Overweight/Healthy BMI~ 165 lbs
Goal 2: Weight when I was 17 ~ 159 lbs
Goal 3: Borderline Overweight/Healthy BMI ~ 150 lbs
Goal 4: Lightest weight ever! ~ 148 lbs
Goal 5: Lighter than Boyfriend ~ 145 lbs
Goal 6: Halfway point to Healthy BMI ~ 140 lbs
Final Goal: Midpoint of healthy BMI range (21.6) ~ 130 lbs
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 05:12 PM   #66
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/135

Height: 5'7.5"

Just a super quick check-in for the official weigh-in...down 2 lbs even for the week. Hope everyone is doing well!

I lost all of my progress and gained the weight back (and then some!) during my pregnancy and subsequent hiatus back in 2014 and hadn't lost a pound since...but, I am back again - as of 12.28.16 - and, I am determined to see it through this time. I owe it to my son and, most importantly, myself to become healthy again. Let's do this!

- C.

One dragonfly for every 10 lbs lost, so far:

opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 09:34 PM   #67
DIANA

S/C/G: 179(H)/see ticker(C)/149(G)

Quote:
Originally Posted by opheliaphoenix View Post
Just a super quick check-in for the official weigh-in...down 2 lbs even for the week. Hope everyone is doing well!
Awesome loss for the week, congrats!

workinglikeadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 09:41 PM   #68
DIANA

S/C/G: 179(H)/see ticker(C)/149(G)

You go Tefrey, Grannynancy and Chub! Way to stay focused, Congrats.

Munchey, I know you can turn that going the wrong way around, one day at a time! And thankYOU for the pickle jar article. I need to utilize #2 with the holidays coming up.

Not much, but am pleased with my 1/2 pound loss for the week. If I can continue with another small loss next week I will be ready for a high 5!

workinglikeadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 12:15 AM   #69

Default New

Hi There!

I hope that you all are doing well and will have healthy habits this holiday.

I am new. I finally weighed in.

The road to my health club is blocked because a bridge is being replaced. That is not good. The detour is very long. Anyway, I did a little exercise here at home.

I've been eating more fruit. Need to eat more veggies. I eat too many desserts.

Teri000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 12:40 PM   #70

S/C/G: 250/207/140

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teri000 View Post
Hi There!

I hope that you all are doing well and will have healthy habits this holiday.

I am new. I finally weighed in.

The road to my health club is blocked because a bridge is being replaced. That is not good. The detour is very long. Anyway, I did a little exercise here at home.

I've been eating more fruit. Need to eat more veggies. I eat too many desserts. 222

Teri000:
Welcome! I'm so glad you have joined us.

Sorry to hear about the bridge. It has to be frustrating for you. How long will the replacement project last?

Circuit exercise at home can be an alternative. The website Popsugar has a lot of exercise videos, many of which appear on YouTube as well. Free weights and resistance bands can support a good workout.
munchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 12:51 PM   #71
Fitchef

sounds like a great goal
Fitchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 01:20 PM   #72

Below is our chart for the 11-19-17 Weigh-In. Congrats to everyone for their accomplishments and for everyone who is still in the challenge! We haven't heard from some who signed up. I hope you are still with us!

I'm at the very bottom of the pack, but not for long!

Old 11-21-2017, 01:43 PM   #73

Per my official weigh-in, I gained a pound this week. Sometimes, I react to a bad weigh-in, that wasn't what I expected, by having "a splurge". So, I had a bit of an unfortunate splurge on Sunday. I got back on track on Monday, thankfully.

I had a stressful event yesterday evening. I was shopping at Sam's Club. When I went to back out of my parking space, I didn't see a car in a space behind be and bumped into his rear tail light. So, it broke the lense and bent a rubber moulding strip that is at the bottom of the light assy. This usually wouldn't be that big of a deal, but the car is af 1975 classic mercedes and is the owner's "baby".

The owner was very upset. Unlike some classic cars, like a 1966 Mustang, the parts aren't readily available. I'm trying to approach this by paying for it out of pocket, instead of going through insurance. With most vehicles, it would only be a couple of hundred dollars, but with hard to find parts, and a very fussy owner, this is going to be difficult.

If the owner gets too difficult, I'll just suck it up and turn it over to my insurance and deal with it that way. I hate to do that, when the deductible amount might pay for the repairs.

Usually, I'd overeat over a situation like this, but I managed to lose my appetite after I got home. I spent a couple of hours searching the internet for possible replacement parts.

For the moment, the scale smiled at me and I'm 2.5 pounds from Sunday. I suspect some of my Sunday weight was water weight. I know I'm better off not weighing too often, as scale fluctuations tend to have a negative effect on me. Sometime, I'd rather just celebrate my level of activity, healthy eating and calorie control and not peek at the scale for awhile.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Old 11-22-2017, 05:42 PM   #74
Jesus, I trust in You

S/C/G: 169.8 / 144.2 / 125

Height: 5' 2"

Munchey ~ So sorry about the accident and glad you are handling it so well. Understandably the owner had a right to be upset (hopefully he reacted without too much anger). You are doing the best you can to rectify the mistake.

Unfortunately, my new car was hit on a Target parking lot Sunday afternoon and was a hit and run. I had Target loss prevention review the security tapes and they are following up with the police. It is a long shot, but I probably will have to end up paying the deductible if they don't find the driver. I was pretty upset, but did not eat my emotions away. It is only a car. No one was hurt. It is fixable.

Life goes on.

And kudos for getting back on track after an undeserved weigh in!!!

Relax and Trust the Process
MorningGlory1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 10:49 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorningGlory1950 View Post
Munchey ~ So sorry about the accident and glad you are handling it so well. Understandably the owner had a right to be upset (hopefully he reacted without too much anger). You are doing the best you can to rectify the mistake.

Unfortunately, my new car was hit on a Target parking lot Sunday afternoon and was a hit and run. I had Target loss prevention review the security tapes and they are following up with the police. It is a long shot, but I probably will have to end up paying the deductible if they don't find the driver. I was pretty upset, but did not eat my emotions away. It is only a car. No one was hurt. It is fixable.

MorningGlory1950:

I'm so sorry that someone hit your new car (hit & run). Hopefully the store video will be helpful and the police will make an effort if a car license can be made out. How much damage was there?

It's always painful to have your property damaged. The first damage to a new vehicle is always a painful experience, and it really doesn't get much easier. It's doubly painful when it wasn't your fault, then double that when the responsible person flees or doesn't have insurance and gives you false information.

The hit and run rate in California is high. Los Angeles has the current reputation of being the "hit and run" capital of the US. So many tragic news stories of fatality hit and runs on the news.

I need to get video surveillance for my home. It can shock you what the neighbors (or their contractors) are doing to your property, when you aren't home. My neighbor had a major home renovation and they used a forklift to move materials around. My 1966 Mustang ended up with a bashed in rear quarter panel. It was parked on my property, in an upper driveway area by the side of my garage and had a car cover on it. The only way it could have been damaged was from something coming from the neighbor's property. Things didn't go well, when I approached the neighbor. Of course the contractor, or his subs, aren't going to admit to anything unless you have a video of it. I had to continue a battle with the neighbor, or suck it up and have my insurance pay for it. So, I sucked it up.

This is my first "at fault" incident. Since I had the recent claim on my own insurance for the above damage from my neighbor's contractor, I'm probably going to pay out of pocket for my little fender bender. I need to weigh out what it will cost me more in the long run, higher insurance for a few years or paying out of pocket for this man's taillight repair.