Old 07-07-2017, 12:41 PM   #16  
Jesus, I trust in You

Height: 5' 2"

After 5 days on a low carb I am feeling so much better after a 5 day debacle of binge eating. I am reading Rational Recovery by Jack Trimpey and it has helped immensely in - stopping once and for - all this irrational behavior.

Let's all embrace this summer as our time to succeed and sweat!

Last edited by MorningGlory1950; 07-07-2017 at 01:26 PM.
MorningGlory1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 08:32 PM   #17  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Week 1 Chart everyone!

Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 03:43 AM   #18  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Thank you for posting the Week 1 chart!

Woohoo! I'm on it

6lbs off now, just weighed this morning. I'm pleased but not ecstatic, as I'm re-losing a regained re-loss of a regain. I'll be happier in another 6lbs when I'll be into newer weightloss.
Also, I'm a week into a new BP med, and one side effect is fluid retention, and I know that's happening, I can see it in my ankles. Compared to other possible side effects like insomnia, depression, a permanently flushed face, I know i'm getting off lightly! but could live without weight gain too. I wonder if it will settle?

Good luck, everyone!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 12:12 PM   #19  
Shorty getting fit

S/C/G: 162/132/119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosinante View Post
I'm pleased but not ecstatic, as I'm re-losing a regained re-loss of a regain.
Same here!

I hope the BP med doesn't significantly slow your loss/add too much water weight. Good luck getting to the new weight loss numbers!

Last edited by Chunkahlunkah; 07-13-2017 at 12:13 PM.
Chunkahlunkah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 02:55 AM   #20  
Happy Plodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunkahlunkah View Post
Same here!

I hope the BP med doesn't significantly slow your loss/add too much water weight. Good luck getting to the new weight loss numbers!

The regain relosses are a pain, aren't they?

Good luck!
Old 07-15-2017, 06:35 PM   #21  
Shorty getting fit

Rosinante - Yes they certainly are! And thank you! I'm looking forward to getting to some fresh numbers.
Old 07-19-2017, 03:40 AM   #22  
Happy Plodder

Growling and grumping here. A whole week of effort for 1/2lb loss, 8 meangy ounces. to me. Good luck, everyone else!
Old 07-23-2017, 06:29 AM   #23  
Shorty getting fit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosinante View Post
Growling and grumping here. A whole week of effort for 1/2lb loss, 8 meangy ounces. to me. Good luck, everyone else!
I feel your pain! Week 2, I lost only two ounces. I lost a nice chunk for Week 3 though. ... Putting a little less chunk in my chunkahlunkah.

Last edited by Chunkahlunkah; 07-23-2017 at 06:54 AM.
Old 07-23-2017, 11:53 AM   #24  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Woah, guys! My bad! I completely spaced on week 2 charts! I'm sorry! For some reason I thought I'd already done them?!

Old 07-23-2017, 12:10 PM   #25  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hey everyone!

It's been a looong time since I updated y'all. Seems like it's pretty quiet around here? I'm not surprised given that it's summer! I've been busy too. Since the beginning of the challenge I went to Colorado for a wedding. It was lovely! Though I definitely ate too much. I had red meat almost every day it seems, eep. A very indulgent week that's for sure. When I got home my body was thanking me for not eating so unhealthy, but I definitely put on a pound in Colorado when I lost the water weight.

I've not really been feeling the buzz about doing T25 like I was before, so I think I'm going to focus on yoga for now. The last time I did a T25 video I had to stop it early because my hamstring seized up. I think I need to ease myself into rigorous exercise so I think yoga is the way forward for now. Which leads me onto my next point: I HATE SUMMER SO FREAKING MUCH. It's so humid here! I just hibernate in the summer months!! I'd love to go out on walks but it feels like an armpit out there. Not nice. I can't wait for Autumn already, but that's a good 2 months away *sigh*.

I need a bit of a loose plan for the next couple of months to get me through summer (which is always my worse time of the year for weight loss).
1) Focus on eating healthier food/snacks. I've gotten back into the bad habit of eating too many grains. This needs to stop! It doesn't do well for me to eat grains with every single meal.
2) Drink water. Another habit I've lost is drinking my usual 2 bottles of water a day. I used to be so good at this! I CAN DO IT.
3) Yoga. It's not much, but it's something, and it'll help with the general aches and pains I get with being fat. Once summer is over I will start either running again or doing T25, whatever I feel I'm in the mood for. Traditionally I usually start running again in Autumn/Winter. I do have lofty running goals (wanna do a famous marathon somewhere in the world!) so I need to actually BE a runner for that to happen!
4) Check in here and stay accountable. I keep avoiding this forum and even thinking about my health because I say I'm too busy, but if not now then when? Life will always be busy, which in my field of work is a GOOD thing, so I can't keep avoiding staying accountable forever.

I think that about covers it. I know the YouTube channel "Yoga with Adrienne" has a Yoga Camp series that I'll probably work through. I like her a lot.

As for my personal life: Things are ok; not terrible, but not great. Just ok! It's all to do with money/paying rent. I miiiiiggghhht get a gig that will pay a lot of money which will be rent covered for a couple of months and will fund my trip to Japan in a flash, BUT I'm not counting on it. I'm expecting a rejection email soon. There's a sliver of hope though.

I'm looking forward to my trip to Japan at the end of September, though I can't lie and say I'm a bit bummed out I'm still in the 170's and it's just a couple of months away. If I can really work on my food intake over summer then maybe I can lose enough weight to feel confident at my friends wedding? I wasn't too bothered about the wedding in Colorado, but being at a Japanese wedding I'm going to stick out like a sore thumb as a foreigner. On the day I won't even think about it - I'll be enjoying catching up with old friends and seeing a good friend get married!

That's all from me! Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 07-24-2017, 03:24 AM   #26  
Happy Plodder

Hi, Rie! Thanks for putting the week 2 chart up! I love your challenges!

Wow! You sound to have a lot going on just now! Good luck with your self-challenges ~ and I hope the gig comes through!
Old 07-25-2017, 03:23 AM   #27  
Happy Plodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunkahlunkah View Post
I feel your pain! Week 2, I lost only two ounces. I lost a nice chunk for Week 3 though. ... Putting a little less chunk in my chunkahlunkah.
Well done! I like that, "a little less chunk"
Old 07-26-2017, 10:22 AM   #28  
Shorty getting fit

Ries - Sending out positive vibes for you to get the gig! What lovely locales you visit for weddings. Thanks for positing Week 2. GL with all your goals!

Ros - Thanks!
Old 08-09-2017, 04:20 AM   #29  
Happy Plodder

Plodding, rather than sprinting, but have lost 9lbs in this challenge. It helps, thank you, Rie!!
Old 08-09-2017, 09:59 AM   #30  
NOOM user

S/C/G: 300/230.6/170

Height: 5'4

Hoping this challenge is still active! I will keep posting if only for myself.
LauraRVA42011 is offline   Reply With Quote