Old 04-25-2017, 01:39 PM   #46  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Day 2 of T25 complete! Sweating just as much as yesterday, which I always consider a good thing. It was "Speed 1.0" which involves stretches in between explosive movements so I savored those stretch moments. I'm definitely not quick on my feet that's for sure, I'm sure in time I'll get it back! I caught myself going slower on a few occasions but when I forced myself to keep up with the people on screen I started feeling the benefit.
I'm trying to focus more on getting these workouts in and feeling proud of that than pressuring myself to eat super healthy right now. I'm not eating junk food all the time, don't get me wrong, but I feel like exercise is always a good first port of call for me before I start making big changes to my diet. I definitely have a way to go with my diet, mainly phasing out bread and adding more fruit/veg, but again I think being proud of these workouts is what's going to make me want to make changes to my diet in the near future! It happened when I first started running, all I focused on was getting the runs in and eventually I WANTED to eat healthier so I could run faster!

I've also decided that instead of using my lightest weight of the week I'm going to start using my average weight of the week. I have an app called "RecStyle" that's a simple weigh in app, but you can look at your average weight for the week/month. I think weighing in daily and adjusting my average weight for the week will have a better long term effect on me, since fluctuations are bound to happen and it can be negative in the long run. For example, I could weigh in at 173 lbs 6 days of the week this week, but if I miraculously dropped to 170 lbs and used that as my official weigh in, then the following week if I see 172 or 171 lbs I'd feel like I'd gained weight. When really my average weight for the week would be 172.6 lbs. I think that's a big problem I was having with the last challenge, I was clinging to these lightest weigh ins as a way to feel good about myself, but it wasn't a truly accurate number. In the long run it affected me mentally, since I'd feel like I was just going back and forth and not progressing. Lesson learned!

----------

ophelia - Congrats on the loss! It's easy to compare ourselves to others, especially when everyone's numbers are staring at us on a spreadsheet, but focus on your own victories too! I'd be jumping for joy if I lost 2.8 lbs in a week . Go you! Good luck with the move next month, feels like yesterday I was driving across the country from Colorado to move here. I always encourage people to seek a career path that they think they'd be the happiest in, no matter what it is and no matter how old they are. I always like to use Alan Rickman who decided he wanted to be an actor in his mid-30's and dropped his career as a graphic designer in order to do so.

brd88 - Thank you! It's awesome! I have a copy I can put in dropbox for you if you want it. I feel you, T25 has been a blessing since I lost the will to run despite having a passion for it. Sometimes the heart wants what the heart wants! I'm positive I'll go back to running later in the year, my goal is to run a marathon someday, but for now I'm enjoying workout out indoors and feeling that satisfying feeling getting to check off the workout from the chart .

wanna be cute - I'm glad! Thanks for being supportive!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 10:35 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 233/222.4/160

Height: 5'7"

Hi. I would like to join this challenge please.
debest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 11:55 AM   #48  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Exercise: Day 3 of T25 complete! Today was "Total Body Circuit" which was no joke. There were a lot of plank moves that I just couldn't keep up with, so I might not have gotten as good of a workout since I spent a lot of time giving up or doing a crappy version of the modifier moves. I'm still sweating though, maybe not as much as day 1 and 2, but it's still my fat crying I've felt so stiff since after day 1 though, but it's amazing how doing a workout can really loosen up the muscles. I did a tiny session on the roller since I was too lazy to set up my interval timer, but I think I'll start rolling out after each workout since I feel so stiff once my muscles cool down. Normal stretching just ain't gonna cut it!

Weight is up a little today, 174 lbs, but my weekly average is still at 173.8 lbs. I'm coming on my period this weekend, so I imagine my weight is probably going to stick in the 173's for the next week. It's terrible timing, since whenever we start a new workout routine or a new eating plan we want to see results immediately don't we?! I'll just have to hang in there and hope to see a huge "whoosh" in a week or so. I also maintain weight starting a new workout too, takes my body a while to get used to the torture, so maybe I'll even see a 2-3 lb drop all at once?! I'm overthinking it now, hehe. I'm just gonna plow through with these T25 workouts and see what happens!

Life: Our friends are going away for a long weekend so we're looking after their dog. I love her, she's such a sweetheart. So not only will we get a furry friend around the house, but I'll be taking her on walks too on top of my workouts.

----

debest - Welcome! Please read the very first post of the thread in its entirety to join
Old 04-26-2017, 07:57 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 242/234/145

Height: 5'8"

Default So excited!!!

I just made an account yesterday and I'm happy that this challenge started this week! I'm still learning the website; hopefully, I get this down quickly.

I got my name on the spreadsheet and my starting/goal weight.

Looking forward to the next 8 weeks!
FitBritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 10:24 AM   #50  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Exercise: Day 4 of T25 complete, today was ab intervals so I'm imagining my abs are going to wreck tomorrow. My boyfriend goes to a Muay Thai gym and his coach does a "6 pack workout" so that's what I'm going to nickname this particular video! It's tough, I definitely feel myself shaking since my core is so weak. When I did barre class when I lived in CO I spent most of my time shaking uncontrollably during the holds! Very embarrassing. Tomorrow is a double day, so I'll be doing 2 videos, then I get the weekend off! I can't wait!

Weight/Life: Didn't weigh in this morning because I got distracted, my BF's best friend got engaged earlier in the year. He emailed us this morning saying their wedding is in July of THIS year, so we spent the morning moaning because it just isn't enough notice! Most of their friends still live in CO so it's ok for them, but for us we have to fly in from GA. We're pretty broke right now so it sucked to get that news. BUT we're going to go, because again it's one of his best friends so we can't miss it. So yeah, wedding number 2 of the year!! Not sure I'll be able to drop a significant amount of weight in 2 months, but if I lose a pound a week that'll be enough. I'll basically be back at the weight I was when I first moved to America, so that'll be good!

(I wrote that post yesterday before I got distracted and it's been open overnight so I figured I'd post for today as well!)

Weight - 174.4 lbs this morning, though I had a bad food day yesterday. Even though I'm not pressuring myself to eat super healthy and focus on exercise first, I do need to be careful not to let that get to my head and think it's ok to snack all the time! We went out for lunch since it's burger week in Atlanta, I had a pulled pork sandwich and some baked beans. I wasn't up for cooking dinner since I was quite full, so I had a bagel for dinner instead. Then I started tucking into some dark chocolate I got, after that my BF left a big bag of chips on the table and I ended up mindlessly snacking on those late at night when I was playing a game. Oof. Just a day full of grains! No wonder my weight was up. The weigh in today shifted my average weight up to 174 lbs, so hopefully I can be good for the next 3 days and get it down a bit. Would hate to start the challenge with a gain, but if so, then so be it! I'll just have to work harder.

Exercise/Life: I'm going to be doing two T25 workouts today, wish me luck! Not looking forward to it . We also are looking after our friends dog until Monday so I'll be taking her on a nice long walk to tucker her out. I think I'll do that after the workout as a cool down.

------------------

FitBritt - Welcome!!
Old 04-28-2017, 03:46 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 210/206/132

Height: 5'3"

Hi,
Perfect timing as i was looking for something like this! So excited to be part of this community!!

Last edited by Nikkiz; 04-28-2017 at 06:36 PM.
Nikkiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 05:31 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 206/204/135

Height: 5'6

Have updated my weight for this week. I've lost 1lb which isn't huge but I'm not too disappointed. I struggle with daily binge-eating so try to resist doing that is my main focus. I'm hoping for another 1lb or 2lb for my next weigh in
I only managed one after-school (work) gym session this week, but am keen to get in two as planned for next time.
Also looking into signing up for a getting back into netball club which should keep me active for a couple of hours a week!

Well done to everyone who has weighed in so far!
lunaaabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 02:35 PM   #53  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hey guys!

So I have officially given up on the idea of doing two T25 workouts on Friday's! I did one of them yesterday, pushed myself to my limit and then was just flailing around by the second video. I thought to myself I should stop before I really injure myself! It might not be the way Shaun T intended it, but instead of dreading my Friday workouts I'll just stick to doing one of those videos for now. If I work my fitness up by the time I'm finished with T25 then maybe I will start doing the double Friday workouts, we'll see! For now though, screw that, No workouts for the weekend though, I'm so relieved! I think my body really needs the rest.

But! I've officially completed week 1 of T25! 5 workouts over 5 days, I'm so proud!

My weight was 173 lbs this morning, a 1.4 lb drop from yesterday and my lightest weigh in for the week! It put my average weight of the week back at 173.8 lbs, i.e. my starting weight for the challenge, so I'm happy with that. I've got some serious cravings today, however, so I need to be careful I don't sabotage my weight by snacking throughout the day.

----

Nikkiz - Welcome!

lunaaabelle - Congrats on the loss, a loss is a loss no matter how big or small!

Last edited by Riestrella; 04-29-2017 at 02:35 PM.
Old 04-29-2017, 03:29 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 210/206/132

Height: 5'3"

So. this is my story. I have always been a little chubby since childhood. I weighed 154 pounds when I got married. 11 years , 2 pregnancies and 1 miscarriage , now am maintaining at 210. I started with a personal trainer in February for 2 half hour sessions a week but saw no improvement. Finally, the last 2 weeks am logging my calories and being very mindful of my diet ( am eating the same food as before but being very conscious of the portions) and this week I have lost 4.4 pounds.

My whole adult life i have been trying to lose weight, but never succeeded and am actually looking for all your expertise and support to continue on the success I have had this week. I know at the start all you lose is water etc, but I will gratefully take anything that comes my way for now!
Nikkiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 03:33 PM   #55  

I'm feeling so good about my first week! I'm down 5.8lbs!!! Eating healthy is getting easier but I'm so sore from my workouts. Leg day is a real thing.. 😂
Old 04-29-2017, 03:37 PM   #56  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkiz View Post
So. this is my story. I have always been a little chubby since childhood. I weighed 154 pounds when I got married. 11 years , 2 pregnancies and 1 miscarriage , now am maintaining at 210. I started with a personal trainer in February for 2 half hour sessions a week but saw no improvement. Finally, the last 2 weeks am logging my calories and being very mindful of my diet ( am eating the same food as before but being very conscious of the portions) and this week I have lost 4.4 pounds.

My whole adult life i have been trying to lose weight, but never succeeded and am actually looking for all your expertise and support to continue on the success I have had this week. I know at the start all you lose is water etc, but I will gratefully take anything that comes my way for now!
I'm just starting too! Good for you on your week - 4.4 pounds is amazing! Diet is key with losing fat.. keep it up!
Old 04-30-2017, 07:46 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

I swore I wouldn't do another challenge, but Rie, here I am again! Just can't give up!

- Where are you from and where do you live now?

Born in Philadelphia, living in Pittsburgh.

- How old are you?

Older than all of you!

- What do you do for a living?

Retired, after 47 years as an accountant.

- What's your favourite thing about summer?

Air Conditioning

- Any vacations planned for summer?

None

- Favourite food to eat in summer?

Food is to fuel my body....not for enjoyment. (tee hee hee)

- Favourite drink to drink in summer?

Coffee, all year round. Occasional Diet Coke

- What's your food plan?

Low carb IF

- What's your fitness plan?

Home gym

- What are your hobbies?

Reading, surfing the net

- List 3 things you like about yourself

I'm honest.
I clean up nice.
I have no gray hair, even at my age!

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 05-20-2017 at 08:15 AM.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 12:10 PM   #58  
DIANA

S/C/G: 179(H)/166/150(G)

Height: 5'6"

Riestrella, Self taught piano is pretty awesome. I pretty much just play classical on the piano, probably cause I don't have an itch to sing while playing.
Oregon and Washington are beautiful states. The mountains/forests plus the Columbia Gorge are like nothing you will see any where else in the country, definitely visit worthy. Can understand your feeling about painting if you are water coloring. I do watercolor for outdoor scenery, but thrive in acrylics, where layering and changing your mind mid painting are what acrylics do best. I'm hoping for a web site in the near future.

opheliaphoenix, At home would be a good way to start, looks like there is some lessons on youtube. In college I had the choice between belly dancing and karate, and decided on belly dancing because it looked like fun (and was). I continued in a small troupe. I wasn't keen on preforming for people, but found it a good social activity to be in a class or troupe. I thought it was fun watching and being part of a beginners class.

Welcome to 3FC and to this thread newbies!!!

Last edited by workinglikeadog; 04-30-2017 at 01:18 PM. Reason: edit
workinglikeadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 12:42 PM   #59  
Jesus, I trust in You

Height: 5' 2"

I am so excited with this new challenge! I love the spreadsheet, Rie, as always an excellent visual! I started this challenge at my last weight for the New Year, New You Challenge. I was actually lower, but found myself on a 4 day binge and found myself at a higher weight (140.9) than my last challenge weigh in...I didn't want to put in that weight (140.9) for this challenge, but rather 137. I didn't want to back track.

I am so happy to say most of that was water weight (carb overload on Easter chocolate) and officially down to 131 at my Medifast Center this week. So here is to renewal of the spirit and body!!

I have 5 pounds to goal, so I am sure it will be slow losses from here on it, but I will persevere!

Now to our questionnaire:

- Where are you from and where do you live now?

Originally Baltimore, Maryland, now in York, Pennsylvania (45 minutes to Hershey )

- How old are you?

66...married for 23 years (second marriage) to a man 14 years younger...that keeps me going!!! I certainly don't feel my age!

- What do you do for a living?

I am retired. I managed a Medical Center in Baltimore, after that made a complete change and worked in a cookie factory making animal crackers and other confections! (Stauffer's Biscuit Company). I worked directly on the line, and what stories I could tell!!! I did it for the sake of a straight 8 hour shift...punch in and out...no endless overtime! I did that for almost 10 years!

- What's your favourite thing about summer?

Summer is my absolute favorite season! I love the warmth, the beach, and the laid back feeling of lolling in the sun!

June 21 (1st day of summer) is actually my wedding anniversary. I was married in Daytona Beach, on the balcony overlooking the ocean!

- Any vacations planned for summer?

The beach for sure...I love cruises, too...we have the Carnival Cruise line that leaves from Baltimore port and travels to Grand Cayman, Freeport and their private island Half Moon Cay. I have been there many times and loved the aqua blue, crystal clear water!

I have a trip planned for Monterey, California in October with my sister to visit her son in the Naval school there. I have never been to the West Coast...so really excited!!

- Favourite food to eat in summer?

Steamed blue crabs! Delicious and low calorie!!!

- Favourite drink to drink in summer?

In my former life, margaritas. Perhaps now a skinny one!

- What's your food plan?

Medifast, 5 and 1! I love it. I have been on it since November 4, 2016. Some deviations along the way, but I have officially lost almost 40 pounds.

- What's your fitness plan?

Walking in the local parks...love reaching the streams and looking at foliage, birds and butterflies.

- What are your hobbies?

I absolutely love to read. I also love to participate in my Catholic Church women's groups. I am always learning something new. I love meeting new people. However, I am not crafty!

- List 3 things you like about yourself

+ my speaking voice

+ my compassionate perspective on the outlook of others

+ wonderful grandmom to 3 grands - Jake, 19 years, Mileena, age 14 and lives with me, and Arianna, age 3!!
(I have 3 sons, each with one child)

Last edited by MorningGlory1950; 04-30-2017 at 10:51 PM.
MorningGlory1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 01:37 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Height: 5'5

Congrats you all, everyone is doing great!!!
Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote