Old 03-15-2017, 12:15 AM   #1  

Smile Sticking to a Healthy Diet Plan Challenge

Sticking to a Healthy Diet Plan Challenge
We each choose the number of days and the healthy plan that is best for ourselves as individuals. We also will be allowed to modify our plans as we go along because sometimes we have a tendency to bite off more than we can chew. Also, we don't always know how our bodies will respond to pre decided plans, or how well we will be able to handle them. Therefore, I feel it is best if we allow adjustments as necessary to help keep us in the right direction. Being too strict may cause a person to abandon the journey entirely. The focus of our goal here is sticking to the plan and not a certain number on the scale. We all have scale number goals and we should because the reason we are doing this is to get to our ideal weights. We reach plateaus that we cannot control. We can control sticking to a plan, especially if we are allowed to modify it when necessary. If we do not reach our number of days goals, we need to start counting all over again after our break. I think it will get easier with each try as our bodies cleanse and get used to eating healthy. I have heard that people who have stayed with healthy food for a certain amount of time have lost all desire to ever eat junk again. The thought sounds gross to them. I would love to get to that sweet spot. I don't know if anyone else will want to join me on this challenge, but I tried to make it broad enough to include those who may want to give it a try.
overcomer137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 12:20 AM   #2  

Smile My Healthy Plan

My healthy plan is to drink healthy liquids and semi liquids as many days as I can take it, but this time around I am also going to allow fruits and vegetables with seasonings and maybe even a little dressing. I will allow things like juice, smoothies, soups, chia seeds, powders, teas, bone broth, etc. in addition to fruits and vegetables. I am also going to allow the meat from the bones of the bone broth which is normally not very much. One more thing I am going to allow is grocery store samples if there are any. My goal is to stick to a healthy plan for 60 days straight.

Modifications: Beginning 3/24/17 I am going to start allowing limited amounts of eggs, cheese and nuts. I am also going to allow myself one day a week to eat anything. I don't have to take it, but if I do have a rough day I am hoping that it will keep me from going on a two week break or to abandon the journey entirely.

Last edited by overcomer137; 03-23-2017 at 11:27 PM. Reason: Modification
Old 03-17-2017, 12:56 AM   #3  

Lightbulb What Idiots Do

Made it through the 1st day. 59 days left. Only an idiot would throw their life away on food.
Old 03-19-2017, 12:45 AM   #4  

Red face Tired

Made it through the 1st day. 59 days left. I am tired of being tired. I will do this!!!
Old 03-19-2017, 11:15 PM   #5  

Lightbulb Food Vs Rewards

Made it through the 2nd day. 58 days left. No food tastes as good as the rewards of winning this race.
Old 03-21-2017, 12:07 AM   #6  

Lightbulb Spinach

Made it through the 3rd day. 57 days left. Don't you just love it? Spinach that is. I've been eating a lot of it lately. It's got to be good!
Old 03-22-2017, 12:08 AM   #7  

Lightbulb I've Only Just Begun

Made it through the 4th day. 56 days left. There has to be a beginning in order for there to be an ending. I've only just begun. At last I have begun. I've been putting that first step off for way too long.
Old 03-22-2017, 04:11 PM   #8  

Default Hi Eian,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eian Mcneely View Post
Its difficult to resist the tempting foods and saying no to friends lunches but i am determined and its happening for me

Hi Eian,

Yes, resisting foods and saying no is a battle that's for sure. We need to work on our resolve to win this fight.
Old 03-23-2017, 12:24 AM   #9  

Lightbulb My Birthright

Made it through the 5th day. 55 days left. Esau sold his birthright for a bowl of soup! I will not sell mine for a bowl of ice cream!!!
Old 03-24-2017, 12:10 AM   #10  

Default What Is My Birthright?

Made it through the 6th day. 54 days left. What is my birthright? It is health, energy and the ability to work on the purpose for my life. I will not let food steal this from me!!!
Old 03-25-2017, 12:03 AM   #11  

Lightbulb How Much Am I Really Worth?

Made it through the 7th day. 53 days left. My life is worth too much to throw it away on food.
Old 03-26-2017, 01:18 AM   #12  

Lightbulb There's So Much To Live For!

Made it through the 8th day. 52 days left. Only a fool would commit suicide with food. The wise know that there's much to live for.
Old 03-27-2017, 12:09 AM   #13  

Lightbulb Vandalizing

Made it through the 9th day. 51 days left. Gluttony is the same vandalizing one's own body. This is stupidity on steroids.
Old 03-28-2017, 10:47 AM   #14  

Lightbulb Achievement

Made it through the 10th day. 50 days left. If we do not take care of our bodies by feeding it properly, we cannot achieve all that God has purposed for us to do. How can we do this if we are fat, sick, tired and nearly dead? This is serious stuff, especially on the day that we stand before Him.
Old 03-29-2017, 12:26 AM   #15  

Lightbulb Honor God's Temple

Made it through the 11th day. 49 days left. Our bodies are the temple of God if we have His Spirit in us. We need to honor God's temple by taking care of it. Healthy eating is an important way to help us take care of our bodies.