Old 03-22-2017, 08:37 AM   #46  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

Just popping in, sister had her baby, mum had an operation, Ive been busy busy busy.

So my weight is just the same, but I have been working on extra tummy exercises to hope to get those 3 inches off before the end of this challenge. I do standing ab crunches when I put the kettle on double standards but I am bring more in bit by bit.
Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 10:38 AM   #47  

Hi ladies Happy new day! May it be a successful one for us all.

Ophelia No of course it's not too late, great to see you and have you here! Also , if anyone out there is thinking to join, please do so at any time during the challenge. Never too late to start or join.

Ophelia, I hear you on the moving! I am planning a move this summer as well but just not sure when that will be! I have been doing the same as you and signing up and going ahead with goals and when it happens, I will take it from there! lol I felt weary of it impeding my plans so I totally understand. Onward we go!

kfunk Thanks girl for the encouragement! I pushed myself to do that tape after (Leslie Samsone Walk fat fast off) and I swear, after that I felt energy! I went for another walk with DH in the eve. Last night was beautiful, mild 50 degrees and no wind!

I knew that today the cold and blustery wind will hit and I wouldn't be able to get out for a few days. This week looks pretty icky so I will rely on indoor stuff and just take it day by day, I soooooo cannot wait until good weather! How is the weather where your at and do you go outdoors much?

Scotsgal hey you! : ) Congrats on your sisters baby! Your an Auntie! : ) I hope your mom is fine and healed from her operation. My mom was laid up for a few weeks last month but is fine now and back to her usual activities. Scots, I too have been working to whittle my tummy, waistline, love handles, etc. I noticed something the other day! You know that Leslie Samsone tape I have been doing? My waistline changed! I have been doing other stuff too but I am equating the change to that tape mostly, or so I believe. She does a lot of the crossovers! Anyhow girl, WTG on keeping up with the gym and I know your doing a lot of hard work there. Keep up the good work, your efforts will pay off and it will eventually show in all respects!

A big hello to everyone else and all of you. Hope everyone had a good night.
I had chicken with brocc. and greek salad last night and I did sip my water. Tonight I am making zoodles! I am so happy the market carries it now, they have beet noodles and butternut squash noodles which I have yet to try! I like both vegetables, has anyone tried them?

Hope everyone's plans are going well and if not, today is a new day! I will report back later on if I can.

A big hello to everyone! I hope that you all had a good night.
Weekend Boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 11:00 AM   #48  

the zoodles were delicious last night! No exercise yesterday, I had so many chores to do and cleaning. Just wanted to say hi and wish everyone a great day. The scale is moving again and I saw more of a loss on my WI this morning so I am happy. Amazing how much that bugger can dictate our day! lol I don't WI too frequently or I go nuts, so I am just focusing on each day and will check it in a few days.

Wishing everyone a great new day, catch you soon.
Old 03-24-2017, 10:02 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 185/174/169

Height: 5'8

Good morning gals! I lost 2 pounds this week, but they were pounds I had gained the previous week ;-)
Hoping to get out more and it's much warmer her, although we're expecting some rain later. Tomorrow morning is my hill-walking group, so I look forward to that .... 5 miles up and down some pretty serious hills here in town.

Have a great and active weekend everyone, and May the Loss be with You!
WebWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 10:05 AM   #50  
**Britt**

S/C/G: 167.8/157.8/125-129

Morning, everyone! Going to move from bite counting to OMAD with weekly WIs on Sundays! I have been binging, so I am afraid to check, but I'll face the music in a couple of days.
Happy Friday!
brd88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 02:20 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 256/164,2/140

Height: 5'4

scotsgal Congrats on your neice/nephew! I hope that your mom has a speedy recovery.

weekend That is awesome!! I have heard references to 'Leslie Samsone' and think its time I check out her videos! Yay, I'm glad that the zoodles were good! I also have been wanting to try them! I hope it warms up soon for you! It is supposed to be pretty nice where I am at and hope to take advantage of it this weekend! I love spending time outdoors! We have a ton of stuff to do inside so I am hoping we can get off our butts and finish so that we can spend our time outside instead!

webwoman Congrats on getting back to it and for the 2 lb. loss!! Those walks sound pretty intense!

Hey britt! What is OMAD? I am trying to figure it out, but am coming up empty! I think that weekly weigh ins are a good idea, the daily fluctuations on the scale drive me nuts. If I had enough inner strength I would do that too, but I am obsessed with weighing!
kfunk6113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 03:46 PM   #52  

Hi girls it's great to come in and read your news. Happy Friday and start to the weekend.

It's very cold here and it snowed! It's a struggle for me when it's grey skies and we are in for a string of them with rain for about 5 days! Taking it one day at a time. Today I walked around the house a lot and finally got my tape (took me like 2 hours , lol) push, push , push! The idea was to mentally charge myself and tire myself out! I would say it worked I don't mind one bit sitting with my feet up later and sofa surfing! Got in over 11k steps thus far. I wont be able to get out for walks so this is what is going to help keep my sanity right now, so thanks to the workouts and all of you chicks out there! :hug

WebWoman congrats on the drop! wtg girl so what if you had gained that and got it off, you got it OFF and that is great! That hill walking group sounds great! Glad your having good weather for it, sounds like a serious walk indeed, burn baby burn! lol I think it's super that you found a group to walk with. " May the loss be with you" Good one Andi, I love it! lol

Britt Just keep at it, you will get it and that first successful OP day will lead to another! Be careful that the scale doesn't drag you down, rooting for you to fight it and beat it. Sometimes I just want to kick it! lol smiling funny you mention OMAD (one meal a day), I just saw that thread last week! There is a gal that runs the thread, I believe her nic is yoyomo (sorry if I got it wrong fellow New Englander . I see her around in the threads, very knowledgeable and seems like a cool chick! Are you in her thread? Britt, just a thought......for me it would of been very difficult to go from binging (I was eating a lot before I started) to OMAD , I think I would need to ease in but that is just me. I don't mean to be discouraging or too forward, just please bear in mind not to be too hard on yourself if you don't do it from the getgo......it can take time when we make changes but I am sure the OMAD girls will be able to give you some good pointers. Please do keep us posted and I wish you much success I love to hear and learn about various plans.

kfunk I was totally obsessed too before so this time I tried something different. When I started South Beach on Nov. 14 I promised to just follow the plan and wait as much as possible (my weight fluctuates a lot too) and just focus on being on plan each day, putting my energy there and not letting the scale mess with my head. Then when I saw a good drop it was great motivation. I know this is not for everyone and weighing daily is very beneficial for many, I WI more now to keep an eye on things but I just needed that non WI somehow at the beginning. In a nutshell, I felt the same way and know what you mean.

Getting out over the weekend sounds wonderful! I hope you get your stuff done indoors and can get out and take advantage of that. Leslie Samsone has so many of them, the one I am doing is called walk fat off fast and I like that it has a 20 min, 30 min. and 40 min. segment so you can choose to do a shorter or longer workout. The music is cool and upbeat and she is very chipper and motivational. The gals had directed me to utube awhile back, maybe you can get a glimpse of them there first to see how you like her.

I do like to write! hahaha Thank goodness for the working out and you all at chicks, that's keeping me going through this icky weather. I have been OP (on plan) and sipping on water although I do notice when it's grey I tend to crave carbs more or comfort foods. Hm, probably psychological but also due to my long time old winter habits.

A big hello to everyone else and all of you

I hope your all having a good day. Making dinner later on, gr. chicken with red, orange, and yellow peppers and onions. I sautee the peppers in PAM a long time..until they get tender and browned a bit. Ok, more water now! lol

Happy weekend and to us all through the evening and weekend.
Old 03-24-2017, 04:49 PM   #53  

Weekend I will check her out, thank you!~! So far I have been focusing on my diet but I really need to stop being so lazy and start working out. I like how you stretched out your weigh ins, especially in the beginning. I know I will retain water when I start exercising so I am going to take your approach and quit the daily weigh ins. How much have you lost since Nov?

I hope you catch a break and it doesn't rain every day as predicted. Gloomy weather makes me sleepy!

Your dinner sounds really good!! Have a wonderful weekend!!
Old 03-25-2017, 09:05 AM   #54  

Hi everyone Wishing everyone a great new day.

I never hit the couch last night. DH and I went went to Home Goods to look for some odds and ends and we were busy fixing things after. Moved furniture the night before, plenty of steps, I was exhausted last night and went to bed early!

kfunk I did a WI just a few days ago and am 32.2 down and that is with a Feb. plateau of sorts (lost 1.5 in Feb). Things are moving again and I increased activity. My mom wants to try it so last night I printed out the food list from the south beach segment here.

It was good to get out for a drive to the store last night, keeping busy helps, thanks kfunk : ). Going for a visit to my parents today. Grey weather makes me feel lazy too! After this stretch though next week is supposed to get into the 50's and we will have sun again, I think this is it for the winter! Then it will start getting nice. You have a wonderful weekend too!
Old 03-25-2017, 01:06 PM   #55  
**Britt**

Hey, kfunk! OMAD means one meal a day, which I started yesterday successfully! I did wake up wanting to weigh this morning, but I have been holding strong. I really just need to keep it to weekly for my mental health. I have issues with feeling like a failure/inadequate, so seeing gains can really mess with me. I would rather not see gains and drops and gains again even if I end up at a net loss at the end of the week. I know I'm weird.

Hi, Weekend! Thank you for the encouragement and support!!! I did join an OMAD thread, but I don't know if it was started by yoyo. I have done OMAD before with success but got impatient with the slower loss. I am noticing that this is a trend with me. I'm very impatient with weight loss and abandon successful WOEs, and I am trying to break through that. For some reason, any type of fasting is never a struggle for me! I'm not quite sure why, but it seems like my body much prefers not getting a constant supply of food. When I did OMAD or other IF forms, I NEVER binged. But for whatever reason, spreading my food out over the day usually does end that way after a while. Who knows why....
Also, I LOOOOOOOVE caramelized peppers and onions, so I'm sure your dinner was delicious!

Happy Saturday, everyone!

Last edited by brd88; 03-26-2017 at 08:36 AM.
Old 03-25-2017, 08:43 PM   #56  

weekend 32 lbs is awesome!! Was the increase in activity enough to get things moving, or did you do other things to break out of the plateau? I should go to homegoods too, we moved into this house 2 years ago and we still don't have it the way that we want it! Hopefully this is it for winter and you can enjoy that sunshine coming your way!

Britt Thank you! When you are doing OMAD, what time do you usually eat? Do you ate a heavier meal than you normally would? I think its great that you found something that works for you! You are not weird at all, I think that the ups and downs of daily weighing can be really discouraging.
Old 03-26-2017, 08:35 AM   #57  
**Britt**

Ophelia: welcome! I hope your move goes smoothly!

kfunk: yes, you are supposed to have a meal with all of your calories for the day. I am not counting so I can give myself a mental break from being neurotic (I get very obsessive verrrrry quickly), so I have just been eating intuitively. It seems like my body likes that for now. I definitely underate on Friday so my hunger was elevated yesterday and I'm pretty sure I made up for it. I was trying to regulate my meal time so that I could make it dinner since I like to have a glass of wine every night, but yesterday I ended up eating around 4 PM. The day before, I ate around 6:30. From what I have read, it is best to choose a consistent window of time so your body expects it. It looks like I will have to play it by ear for a little while, and that might include eating during my workday and not getting to have wine some days
---------------
SW: 163.6
CW: 161
GW: 148

I am surprised to be at 161 after the disaster of a week I had, but I am NOT complaining!
Old 03-26-2017, 09:18 AM   #58  

Good morning ladies Happy Sunday and new day!

We have a pocket of sunshine this morning, woot! It is going to last until mid day and then bad weather again until Wednesday so I am getting ready to pop over to the market and get ingredients for my meal plans the next 3 days and go for a walk! I have a lot to do so I will utilize the bad weather by doing my indoor work here and workouts.

Being on good behavior last night paid off, so far so good ladies. I did a WI this morning and was down .9 more this month which motivated me. I have plans to go out next weekend to my fav. Mexican place but until then onto a new day here.

Britt I totally agree with kfunk, it is great that you have found something that works for you and ditto on that the scale and weight loss can be so frustrating at times. I see your new post just now! Oh it sounds like your getting off to a good start. Regarding the wine or alcohol, I am not having any right now either but boy am I looking forward to next weekend! lol When I drink, I find myself often having to fight carb cravings the next morning, sometimes yes....sometimes no! Anyways, wtg on your OMAD thus far and wishing you another good and successful day.

kfunk Thank you! : ) As far as breaking the plateau, I knew I had to work hard to do it because I was getting frustrated and afraid of getting too discouraged. I tried having a few different meals, some things that were not on my menu or I was typically not eating, just something totally different. I don't have many carbs, I had a sandwich one day...also what I notice worked well for me was a mid afternoon snack between my lunch and dinner, like a hard boiled egg. I am assuming it revved my metabolism. I started eating more chicken again (which I had noted I did a lot in the beginning). Chicken always seems to work well for me, as does broccoli with it's natural diuretic effects. I started drinking more water again too, increasing steps and exercise, doing the tape more. Whatever happened or how or why, thank god! lol

kfunk you brought me good luck wishing me I woke up to it today! tyty It should be out until noon so I am going right now to get my butt in gear and do a walk and market run. I hope you have a super day and that you all do.

A big hello to everyone else

Onto a new day we go girls, wishing it to be a good and successful one for us all.
Old 03-26-2017, 12:48 PM   #59  

Britt YAY on your weigh in! That is a great way to start your week! I totally hear you on getting obsessive, I struggle with that as well! Thank you for answering my questions about OMAD, that and intuitive eating are very interesting to me!

wooohooo for the sunshine, weekend!! We spent the majority of our day shopping yesterday but cleaned up here and there. It has been a rainy weekend here, so we aren't missing out on being outside. We are going to try to find some furniture pieces for our bedroom today and then tidy up a bit more, get the kids ready for their week and that will take up the rest of the day. Awesome job on your loss, 5 more days to go!!

I love chicken and need to eat more of it! I also need to start moving! I am glad that you were able to find things to bust out of your plateau!!
Old 03-26-2017, 05:23 PM   #60  

Hi girls Happy Sunday, hope your all well and having a good day.

I was up early and later took advantage of that window of sun with an hour long walk and got my grocery shopping done so that I am all set for the next 3 days or so. I picked up some haddock which I am making tonight along with a salad. I kept busy and active and got home when the front came in........I was so glad I got the walk in when it was still decent!

Down .9 this morning so I was happy to see that. Wanted to take it through the weekend and it was nice to see that reinforcement but let me tell you, I am already counting the days until next weekend lol but then I snap my mind back into focus on the now and today!

kfunk Thanks so much for the encouragement! : ) Sounds like good weather to shop and clean and do those types of things. I am totally not missing out on being out right now either! I was so happy to catch the good part of day and then happy and relaxed to be home once that front came in. I already put my robe on! lol After making dinner, I am more than content to hang on the couch with DH and the kitties. I hope that you have good luck hunting for your furniture. Do you have a fitbit? I am new at it, I just started wearing one hm maybe about 2 months now, it really helped to motivate me to move more. I am new with it so still fascinated with it all! lol HOpe you have a wonderful evening

and that you all do ladies! and yessssssss kfunk, 5 more days to go! have to keep going, I think I am getting hungry...I better go start preparing dinner. Catch you all soon