Old 03-13-2017, 03:22 PM   #16  

Hi Ladies Hope you all had a great weekend. It's been cold here but I did manage a few short walks outdoors and plenty of activity. I am looking forward to relaxing tonight.

kfunk6113, and MorningGlory1950 oh your so very welcome and thank you too! I am looking forward to it as well. Congratulations on the losses ladies and on the activity Morning Glory, I like your pic reading SUMMER! lol It puts a smile on my face, I so look forward to that.

TakingControl Hi there, 10 weeks to go (minus a day). Looking forward to sharing our journeys as well : ). Congrats as well on all your doing

A big hello to all of you and hope your plans and day is going well.

I went to the market this morning to face the mob scene! Everyone is scurrying about and stocking up for the snowstorm we are due for starting around 3 a.m and going into the evening! It is supposed to be a biggie.

I did well and got my usual supplies, eggs for a breakfast night one night during the week, extra lean beef to have a beef night one night, and chicken. I did get some crackers and cheese for the woman coming to my house shortly. I usually don't have those in the house, that will be a big treat for DH and I. In the past, snowstorms meant a huge foodfest! lol

Look forward to catching up soon, I hope we don't lose power.
Weekend Boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 10:46 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 185/174/169

Height: 5'8

Hello everyone, and thanks WB for starting this new challenge! I hope to lose 15 pounds which is achievable if I put the pedal to the metal! Welcome everyone and hope to get to know you over the next couple of months. Good luck to all!!

Andi
WebWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 08:35 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 256/164,2/140

Height: 5'4

Hey ladies! How often do you guys plan on weighing in, or do you plan on waiting until the end?

[B][/Weekend BoaterB] was the storm as strong as they had predicted? I hope you guys didn't lose power!
kfunk6113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 12:57 PM   #19  
Jesus, I trust in You

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfunk6113 View Post
Hey ladies! How often do you guys plan on weighing in, or do you plan on waiting until the end?
I weigh in once a week - on Saturdays! I am not one to handle daily fluctuations! I admire those who can!
MorningGlory1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 02:34 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 185/174/169

I weigh in every morning (keeps me accountable) but I don't post daily weights. Everyone's different!

Last edited by WebWoman; 03-15-2017 at 03:17 PM.
WebWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 02:46 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 215/173.2/125

Height: 5'2

I absolutely love challenges. But after the last one I did I was kind of down because although I ended up lower then I started…I didn’t lose as much as I should have because of mess ups. But I’m going to try this one and see if I can stay on top of it! I am 20 lbs away from my goal. I am hoping to be down at least 18 lbs of by May 29th. I’m almost going to include some mini goals on here to make sure I stay on the right track.

SW: 145.2
GW: 127.0

3/15 – 145.2
3/22 – Est. Weight – 143.0 Actual Weight-
3/29 – Est. Weight - 141.0 Actual Weight-
4/5 – Est. Weight – 139.0 Actual Weight-
4/12- Est. Weight – 138.0 Actual Weight-
4/19- Est. Weight – 136.0 Actual Weight-
4/26- Est. Weight – 135.0 Actual Weight-
5/3- Est. Weight – 133.0 Actual Weight-
5/10- Est. Weight – 131.0 Actual Weight-
5/17- Est. Weight – 129.0 Actual Weight-
5/24- Est. Weight – 129.0 Actual Weight-
5/29 - Est. Weight - 127.0 Actual Weight-
Nicholsfamily1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 12:40 AM   #22  

Hi, it's great to see you girls here!

When I started out, I did not weigh in much (unlike the past) and I must say I really think it has been a huge factor in helping me......although now at this phase of the game, I am keeping a much closer eye on it.

WI as frequently or as infrequently as you like, depending on what works for you. I am , right now, typically doing a once a week with sometimes a peek midway! Any more than that, I go nuts! lol but that's just me. MorningGlory, ditto! lol

kfunk Hi there..smiling. Well, luckily, it was not as bad as they predicted! We got near a foot but not more and even though the winds were howling and we had a huge tree come down there was no power failure! I was so happy! The lights flickered so many times! I actually cooked dinner early in preparation, lol! It was so nice to wake up to the sunshine today!

Nichols so happy to see you here. You know, I was thinking the same thing girl. I think that at times when things slow down, and they do sometimes, we just need to remind ourselves of how far we have come and remind ourselves of the progress in every way and of the NSV's(non scale victories). With that being said, I totally hear you! lol I had hit a plateau and now I am ready to rock and roll! let's do it! "[petal to the metal" as our webwoman says!

I should head to bed, I look forward to seeing you all soon! Sleep well and I hope we all wake up to a good and new day tomorrow.

Girls from spring challenge, we still have 4 days! Let's keep truckin'

night and hugs ladies, see you soon!
Old 03-16-2017, 04:26 AM   #23  
Determined to reach goal!

S/C/G: 224/201.0/150

Height: 5'7

I am going to make my weigh in for this challenge each Monday, which will help me be more accountable at the weekend. I weigh in daily but only update my stats on Thursdays. I think I will move away from daily weigh in at some point as it sometimes drives me mad but it keeps me so accountable I think that outweighs the madness!!!

What is everyone's plan of attack for this challenge in terms of food, exercise, lifestyle?

I am not following any particular diet but I am photoing everything I eat and planning out meals in advance. I am moving more. I am trying to be kind to myself. Again, further in my journey my plan might become more formalised but my key is to live in a way I can live forever, and that is exactly what this is.... so as long as it works, I am happy!
takingcontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 08:48 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 256/164,2/140

Height: 5'4

I am glad that it wasn't as bad as they had predicted and you didn't lose power! Man, a foot is still a lot of snow though!!!

takingcontrol I am going to keep doing what I have been in terms of diet. I have cut out wheat, alcohol, and have been eating 80% clean. I don't count calories yet, but probably will at some point, possibly sooner than later. I am going to start lifting weights in the next few days!! I agree that the key is being able to do this forever, and so far I don't feel deprived and enjoy the healthy foods that I have been eating. Once I get closer to goal I will add wine back in!
kfunk6113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 12:26 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 276/see ticker/160

Hey everyone! I'd love to join. I need these challenges to stay on track. I just started a pretty strict low carb diet to help reverse my PCOS symptoms and my ultimate goal is to drop a considerable amount of weight. By Memorial day I'd like to lose at least 20 lbs. Stay on track with my diet and be regularly working out at least 3 days a week.
3/16: SW- 299.0
Kalymarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 01:21 PM   #26  
**Britt**

S/C/G: 167.8/157.8/125-129

I'd love to join! I need challenges!
I am currently at 163.6 and would like to be 148 by Memorial Day!

Last edited by brd88; 03-16-2017 at 05:06 PM.
brd88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 04:44 PM   #27  

kalymarie and brd88 welcome to our challenge girls!

I hope that you are all well. I need to log a bit but will come back soon I hope to post more on what I have been doing takingcontrol, I think that is a great question and I am eager to learn and hear more from you all on your plans.

It is still so cold here! I am working so hard not to flounder. I will hang in there, day by day! THe healthy eating has become a habit for me now I believe but it is somuch more about that, it really is! For me, it is how I manage the emotional energy and even this new energy! lol : ) Always planning and thinking! I look forward to chatting with you all soon. Sleep well and may we all wake up to a good new day tomorrow! If you didn't have a good day today for some reason, tomorrow is a whole new fresh start! Let's kick it!
Old 03-16-2017, 05:56 PM   #28  
**Britt**

Thanks for the welcome, WeekendBoater!

Also, I am fine with being called Britt instead of my user, btw

Takingcontrol, I have just started counting bites as my new way of eating. I usually work out 5-6 days per week, but I have been battling depression and have been having a bit of low couple of weeks that have kept me in bed and out of the gym. I am going to recommit to at least getting back into practicing yoga a few times a week next week since that helps both my mood and health.
Old 03-16-2017, 11:09 PM   #29  

Britt yes! I am so glad you joined! Your workouts sound incredible! As for the past few weeks being down, day by day my friend! I commend you for being here. We are going to have our share of tough days, I am so all for posting and helping one another, it really can make a world of difference. Now that I said that, I really should hit the hay, yes? lol Good sleep makes an enormous difference.

I really love that we are all here! I look forward to sharing more and hearing more.......more on me when I am more rested! Sleep well ladies and we will chat soon!
Old 03-17-2017, 10:45 AM   #30  
**Britt**

Thank you so much, Weekend! I feel really welcome! I know I do have some hard days, but I am really trying to focus on finding my peace this year. That is my major goal!

I lost 0.4, so I am currently at 163.2. I would LOVE to be out of the 160s by the end of next week, but we will see! I'm proud of myself for not succumbing to a binge last night, but I am hoping to get to the place where I can do more preventative work instead of wrestling with myself for hours!

How is everyone else doing?