Old 02-19-2017, 01:56 PM   #1  

Thumbs up 60 Day Diet Challenge

Hello everyone. I just found this site yesterday. I am inspired by Joe Cross to go on a 60 day liquid diet and I thought some support may help me stick to it. I loved his documentary; it is very inspiring. I don't plan to do things exactly the way he did it. He was strictly fresh juices. I am going to allow all healthy liquids including teas, powders and broths. Bone broth seems to be the new green juice now days and I love soup. I've been hearing some amazing things about it. I was trying to find the right forum for my adventure. This looked like the best one. It will definitely be a spring challenge. Please let me know if I am in the wrong place. Today is February 19, 2017 which will be my start date.. That means my challenge will be to stick with it through April 19, 2017. Wow, that seems like a long time. I'll keep telling myself that I can do it and I will do it.

Edit: I changed the title of this thread to "60 Day Diet Challenge" from the liquid diet plan. I feel that title would be broad enough to include others who want to join the thread with their own choice of a healthy diet plan that would work best for them. The idea is to offer and receive support to help each other stick to a healthy plan for 60 days or for another amount of time of each persons choosing. People may need to modify their plans as they go along and that's okay. We all have different needs when it comes to diet. I have heard from listening to testimonies that when a person sticks to a healthy plan long enough something changes in their bodies and minds. They no longer want to go back to unhealthy eating. The thought, in fact, is gross to them. I don't know how long I would need to go to get to that mind set. I think it is different with each person. If I make the sixty days, I will reevaluate my situation at that time.

The purpose of this thread is to be motivated to stick to a diet plan determined by the dieter rather than a number on the scale. The goal is reached if we stick to the plan. I feel that if we come up with a good plan and we stick with it, then the weight will drop automatically. We cannot always control what our bodies do when it comes to dropping those extra pounds. Sometimes our bodies reach plateaus. That means we cannot lose weight, even though we have done everything right, until the plateaus break. Focusing on weight instead of sticking to our plans can sometimes be discouraging. Of course, we all have a weight loss goal, but mine will come when I get there no matter how long it takes.

If anyone wants to join me please feel free to start your count down at any date you choose. Also, of course, you may choose your own length of time. It does not have to be sixty days. Of course, you will be choosing your own diet plan as well. It does not have to be liquids.

Last edited by overcomer137; 02-27-2017 at 11:51 PM. Reason: Would like a broader topic to include others
overcomer137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 02:43 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7

I'm interested in starting something similar. What I have planned, replace two meals, with Protein shakes, packed with colorful berries, a quarter banana or 1/4 cup of 100% Organic pineapple juice, Chea Seeds, Spinach or Kale, and TSP Honey...

Morning, before breakfast, and once before Dinner will also take a shot of Apple Cider Vinegar/Pineapple Juice, and Honey....To see if this helps me burn more fat.

I am currently running/jogging 3 miles a day and need to get more into strength training, for toning and definition.

Just wanted to reply, as I have seen dramatic results when someone juices. It's AMAZING!!!

I am currently 250lbs @ 5'7 but Goal is 140 lbs...Where I use to be a year and a half ago. Depression, abusive relationship, took me down the wrong path. Would love to hear your response or opinion.
PurpleTulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 03:06 PM   #3  

Hi PurpleTulip. Your plan sounds great to me. I just changed the title of this thread to "60 Day Diet Challenge" from the liquid diet plan. I feel that title would be broad enough to include what you would like to accomplish as well. With the broader title others may want to join the challenge. This way everybody can be included with their own choice of diet. I want to stick to liquids, but others may want support to help them stick to whatever healthy diet plan that they feel would be best for them. If others join, of course, that would mean that each person would have a different ending date. If I stick with it my end date will be April 19th. I hope you decide to join me when you are ready. We can support each other in the forum. We will get on the right path.

Last edited by overcomer137; 02-23-2017 at 12:28 AM.
Old 02-20-2017, 12:17 PM   #4  

I made it through the first day. That leaves me with 59 days left. I hope the time flies. Right now I am really hungry and would love to eat something solid. I know the hunger will pass. I just need to hang in there.
Old 02-21-2017, 12:53 AM   #5  

Thumbs up

I made it through the second day okay. I was craving bananas a lot. Bananas would not be a bad choice, but it would ruin my liquid diet. Thank God, I was able to resist. I dreamed about breaking this diet on a banana/orange/spinach salad. With 58 days left I will have plenty of time to dream about it.
Old 02-22-2017, 12:25 AM   #6  

Thumbs up

Made it through the third day. 57 days left. That's so long; I hate to even think about it. I decided to create a weight loss ticker. I only weigh when I go to the grocery store. I'm using my start weight from the last time I weighed at the grocery store which is from around two weeks ago. I was not as hungry and my cravings have been less.
Old 02-23-2017, 12:21 AM   #7  

Thumbs up

Made it through the fourth day. 56 days left. I have been very hungry today at times. The liquids didn't seem to phase it. I kept telling myself the hunger will pass. It always does. I am starting to feel more alert as my body is thanking me for a badly needed rest.
Old 02-24-2017, 12:10 AM   #8  

Thumbs up We Must Pay the Price

Made it through the fifth day. 55 days left. Hunger was not a problem today. Maybe that was because I was very busy. Sometimes I think hunger is psychological.

Lazy people want the prize, but refuse to pay the price. We must act and not put off what can be done today for another day. That day will never come. We must face the discomfort of dieting with courage and determination. We must fight for the prize. We must pay the price today and one day at a time in order to win.
Old 02-25-2017, 12:13 AM   #9  

Thumbs up The Taste of Food

Made it through the sixth day. 54 days left. The taste of food only lasts for a short time. The disappointments that follow the tastes can last up to a lifetime.
Old 02-26-2017, 12:10 AM   #10  

Thumbs up Just a Little More Rope Please

Made it through the seventh day. 53 days left. I know if I give myself too much rope I may hang myself. I'm going to try giving myself just a little more rope. I really feel that I need to stick to liquids to help keep me on my leash, however, I am going to change my liquids in order to save money and time. I decided to blend whole fruits and vegetables in my vitamixer and make a liquid out of it. I will see how it works. It may end up being a semiliquid or even a smoothie depending on how much water I add. I know this may not be as cleansing for my body, but it should still get me in the same direction. I can still have straight thin liquid days when I want a more intense cleanse. The fiber should add something as well.
Old 02-27-2017, 12:42 AM   #11  

Thumbs up I Will Eat Again

Made it through the eight day. 52 days left. I remind myself that I will eat again...someday.

Today I decided that I would sometimes allow chia seeds in my liquids. It will still be a semiliquid and it should cut down on my hunger. I have some soaking in juice right now. I'll try it tomorrow for the first time.
Old 02-27-2017, 08:24 AM   #12  

Heyy
Im starting a juicing diet as well!!
Tried last week but i had so many social events/lunch meeting at work it was impossible to follow as it was the first week.
Im starting officially today with my orange/carrot juice for breakfast.
Ill also include soups and chia seeds in my diet!!
Im currently 205 pounds, for 5f3 and im 29 yrs old from Montreal.
MarieMendis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 08:48 PM   #13  

Thumbs up Welcome MarieMendis :)

Hi MarieMendis. Welcome to the thread. It's nice to have company here. It has been helping me a lot to stay focused by posting a few lines here every day regarding my progress. I know it sounds strange but it gives me some kind of accountability even though I don't even know if anyone else is even reading it. I seem to do best on some kind of liquid diet, however, that certainly can be expanded as necessary. I've now upped it to semi liquid allowing me smoothies and chia seeds in my liquids. I also allow liquid broths and may even have an all liquid soup from time to time. That means it has things in it and I have to blend it. As long as these things keep me in the right direction I'm fine with that. I so want to take some bites out of my fresh veggies as I prepare my liquids, but that's cheating for me right now. I have to keep myself on a tight leash. I'm thinking maybe down the road after I've stuck with this diet plan for a while I can even give myself more rope. I'm thinking of allowing myself to eat fruits and veggies three days a week. That leaves four days on the liquids. Oh that sounds so good right now. I'm dreaming of the day I can eat a big green salad loaded with chopped veggies. It's awesome that my cravings have changed to healthy cravings instead of ice cream and other sweets.

It sounds like you have a great plan for yourself. You may want to consider allowing yourself a limited number of meals for social events etc. so you do not have to start counting all over again. Starting the count over again sometimes leads to discouragement and causes one to get off the track entirely. Then again only you know yourself well enough to know if that would work for you. It may lead to other temptations and cravings that would get you off the track. That's why it's best for each person to come up with their own plan. What works for one may not work for another. Sticking to the perfect plan can be a challenge for all of us.
Old 02-27-2017, 11:25 PM   #14  

Thumbs up Sticking to the Diet Plan

Made it through the ninth day. 51 days left. I just want to add that the purpose of this thread is to be motivated to stick to a diet plan determined by the dieter rather than a number on the scale. The goal is reached if we stick to the plan. I feel that if we come up with a good plan and we stick with it, then the weight will drop automatically. We cannot always control what our bodies do when it comes to dropping those extra pounds. Sometimes our bodies reach plateaus. That means we cannot lose weight, even though we have done everything right, until the plateaus break. Focusing on weight instead of sticking to our plans can sometimes be discouraging. Of course, we all have a weight loss goal, but mine will come when I get there no matter how long it takes.
Old 02-28-2017, 11:10 PM   #15  

Thumbs up I Can Make It Another Hour

Made it through the tenth day. 50 days left. I can make it another hour. I can make it another day. When the new hour comes and when the new day comes will I tell that to myself again if necessary. I will continue to tell myself this until it's done.

Tags
bone broth, liquid diet, liquid fast